Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Lotish posted:

Well, I like that the sexbot was not the crew's idea: It was TIM's. He made a sexy infiltrator and EDI basically sees it and, in the immortal words of Shep, says "I can use this!" :shepface:

I think we've learned something about TIM's fetishes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daemonite
Apr 25, 2002

Pop quiz! Match each image to its corresponding location:

___ With its ancient lakebeds, vast canyons, and incredible vistas, this wonderous planet can only be Mars.

___ Utukku suffers from extreme temperatures and violent weather, discouraging colonization. Its vegetation is notable for having evolved flexible central stalks to survive highspeed winds.

___ Palaven's largest moon holds many turian secrets. A network of subterranean tunnels with mass effect field generators maintain heat and atmosphere on the surface.

Jarmel
Feb 18, 2012
^There's a lot of variety in the environments. Just wait.

Like seriously just wait.

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I should also mention the first mission ever after tutorial told me to go to Disc 2 which I found odd only to make me swap back to Disc 1 to do the Turian moon thing.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I forget can you have both discs installed to the 360's drive now or is still only one disc per game?

Jarmel
Feb 18, 2012
There are two huge flaws with this game.

The first is the larger plot writing. The crew banter is much improved over either ME1 or ME2. The larger stuff is just flat out stupid or poorly written. Walters should never have another lead writing job and should just stick to characters.

The second is the explanation of underlying game mechanics. They made changes and didn't really explain what they did.

I miss exploration but I'm coming to terms with it.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

So I see that Infiltrator came out for iPad yesterday, but is there a date for the Data Pad app yet?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

I forget can you have both discs installed to the 360's drive now or is still only one disc per game?

You could always have multiple discs installed, it just doesn't mean much because you still have to disc swap.

Kronikle
Jan 31, 2005

yeah well that's just like your opinion, man
I was considering playing an Engineer but disliked how you could recruit 2 characters in ME2 that basically had almost all of your abilities, particularly the neat little Combat Drone. Does anyone know if this is the same case in ME3? I see that Tali is a companion and I don't want one of my teammates to basically be a carbon copy of me.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Can someone explain how the hell the citadel quests work? Most of them are vague "this person might be interested in this" and the rest are in star systems that aren't on my map. I want my war assets drat it. :argh:

Jarmel
Feb 18, 2012

Oh man, Bioware threw so many inside jokes that only fans would pick up.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Kronikle posted:

I was considering playing an Engineer but disliked how you could recruit 2 characters in ME2 that basically had almost all of your abilities, particularly the neat little Combat Drone. Does anyone know if this is the same case in ME3? I see that Tali is a companion and I don't want one of my teammates to basically be a carbon copy of me.

No matter what you do there's always going to be another companion that has the same powers as you, isn't there? They do it so that no one is locked out of certain powers due to what they choose to play as. The solution is you just don't take that character out with you. I played as a soldier in ME2 for instance, so I always took a biotic and an engineer with me so I had access to pretty much everything.

Pathard
Oct 23, 2011

Push the envelope. Watch it bend.
Why is Rico from Killzone in Mass Effect 3? This is loco!

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
When creating a new character, what does the "numerous" option do? The kaidan/ashley options seem pretty self explanatory but the numerous choice is pretty vague.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
So has anyone played infiltrator in singleplayer and want to let me know how it feels?

Kronikle
Jan 31, 2005

yeah well that's just like your opinion, man

TheJoker138 posted:

No matter what you do there's always going to be another companion that has the same powers as you, isn't there? They do it so that no one is locked out of certain powers due to what they choose to play as. The solution is you just don't take that character out with you. I played as a soldier in ME2 for instance, so I always took a biotic and an engineer with me so I had access to pretty much everything.

Well, I realize the Soldier, Adept, and Engineer might have a lot of crossover, but have there actually been any companions that have fulfilled the Sentinel, Infiltrator, or Vanguard roles?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Kingtheninja posted:

When creating a new character, what does the "numerous" option do? The kaidan/ashley options seem pretty self explanatory but the numerous choice is pretty vague.

I suspect it means you got through the suicide mission with the bare minimum of people. The ME2 party members show up all over the place and frequently influence whatever quest you find them. "Numerous" probably removes most of them.

quote:

So has anyone played infiltrator in singleplayer and want to let me know how it feels?

LIKE A loving PRO. You can one-shot basic enemies even without Cloak and having Cloak on (and maxed) means you do ridiculous damage. It also makes you extremely mobile. Disruptor and Cryo Ammo mean you can handle pretty much every enemy type. Incinerate is an excellent finisher or just for forcing guys out of cover. You also have AI Hacking (its called Sabotage now) but I haven't encountered many synthetic enemies so far.

1stGear fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Mar 6, 2012

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Mordiceius posted:

Since I'm only an hour and a half in, I'm considering restarting as an infiltrator. How do they feel in singleplayer?

Mordiceius posted:

On the PC, crazy overpowered (how I like my snipers to be), because you get the slow down thingy on zoom AND mouse control, plus a lot of stuff on skills/armor/weapons increases headshot damage, so basically you're oneshotting EVERYTHING, plus you can go invisible/invincible(if you get to cover) anytime (which further increases your damage), plus you can shoot fireballs when ammo's short, plus you can hack synthetics. Disruptor ammo stunes guys that magically live through your headshots, heads explode (which is the best thing ever)...

Man I love my infiltrator.

EDIT: Did I mention I love headshots? Oh, and this is on hardcore.

Schurik fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Mar 6, 2012

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.

Kronikle posted:

Well, I realize the Soldier, Adept, and Engineer might have a lot of crossover, but have there actually been any companions that have fulfilled the Sentinel, Infiltrator, or Vanguard roles?
I was so disappointed when Jack didnt have Charge in ME2, especially after that awesome cutscene of her breaking out of prison. :(

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mordiceius posted:

I played quite a few hours last night and I probably played about 90% of my time on multiplayer. I didn't think it would be as fun as it was.

Now on single player I started as a vanguard because that's what I played in ME2, but I just feel fragile as gently caress. I just feel like I'm always getting blown away.

Since I'm only an hour and a half in, I'm considering restarting as an infiltrator. How do they feel in singleplayer?
I don't see how you're having trouble with Vanguard the name of the game is having a shield now so you don't take health damage and they can spec to never not have a shield with maxed out Charge. Vanguard is the exact opposite of Infiltrator in a basic sense and also a good class, but if you really like close quarters I wouldn't be discouraged by whatever made you want to start over. Try:

1) Taking very light weapons ideally just a single shotgun or even Heavy Pistol with the melee mod

2) Speccing only into Charge (with the 100% shield last tier), Fitness, and Nova to start; everything else isn't as important.

3) ABC

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Is it just me or are the mission dossiers really, frustratingly vague? I'm not an idiot and I had no problem getting 100% complete on ME1 and 2 but I just find identifying/completing missions to be unnecessarily complex (mostly because I have no idea where the gently caress to go).

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.

13Pandora13 posted:

Is it just me or are the mission dossiers really, frustratingly vague? I'm not an idiot and I had no problem getting 100% complete on ME1 and 2 but I just find identifying/completing missions to be unnecessarily complex (mostly because I have no idea where the gently caress to go).
No, its my biggest problem as well. It wouldnt be so bad if the journal updated after completing a step.

losonti tokash
Oct 29, 2007

I'm so pretty, oh so pretty.
If your Shep is Earthborn, does this have any impact on anything? What about the other profiles?

The Ultimate Frisco
Oct 1, 2007
When there aren't that many friscos, it's easy to be the Ultimate one.
Is anyone having a glitch issue with the DLC I bought for my PC version. Anybody else having that issue?

It was going so great until it crashed at the same spot 5 times in a row. :(

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Charlie Mopps posted:

No, its my biggest problem as well. It wouldnt be so bad if the journal updated after completing a step.

Like with the Aria: Eclipse mission, who the gently caress is Sayn and how in the blue hell was I supposed to know to go to the docks to look for him?

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

The Ultimate Frisco posted:

Is anyone having a glitch issue with the DLC I bought for my PC version. Anybody else having that issue?

It was going so great until it crashed at the same spot 5 times in a row. :(

I did, if it's at the same spot (after the first flashback) then start mashing Esc when the camera starts to swing over Shepard's shoulder to return control. Opening the menu seems to avoid the crash.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Can someone spoil the missions that can expire if you don't do them in time?

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I did, if it's at the same spot (after the first flashback) then start mashing Esc when the camera starts to swing over Shepard's shoulder to return control. Opening the menu seems to avoid the crash.

Yeah I got the crash after that part, but I did a quick save after hitting ESC at that point, so when I returned later on, the game was done with the flashback and acted like normal.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

The map updates with most of the quests. It's still pretty lovely, but hey.

Man, it's really lovely. It's like they just forgot to enable the bulletpoints that open up for each quest like 1/2 had.

Heti
May 22, 2007

I like Video Games

13Pandora13 posted:

Like with the Aria: Eclipse mission, who the gently caress is Sayn and how in the blue hell was I supposed to know to go to the docks to look for him?

The Eclipse leader mentions him but there's not clues on where to find him. I did it by accident.

Jarmel
Feb 18, 2012

losonti tokash posted:

If your Shep is Earthborn, does this have any impact on anything? What about the other profiles?

I've had three conversations where people have commented on my background as a Spacer.

Rirse posted:

Can someone spoil the missions that can expire if you don't do them in time?

Honest to god, it would be easier to find which ones DON'T have a timelimit.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I'm getting an annoying crackling sound on my tv, I think it has something to do with the visuals? It happens during the loading scenes as well, when there isn't any sound issue. Any ideas on how to fix?

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
For anyone who's downloaded or uploaded a save from masseffectsaves / masseffect2saves, what can I possibly do (with 0 coding skills and only very basic html skills) to get people to read the front page, especially the stuff that's highlighted bright yellow, to understand how to import their saves? Maybe this is just a general "people hate to read things" problem but I started a message board and posted this answer clearly, I have the answer highlighted in yellow on the front page, I'm going nuts answering the same questions over and over.

Also, thanks to the jerk who emailed me with spoilers to ME3. They were trying to be "Helpful" but I saw poo poo I really didn't want to know before I closed the email. I'm at the point where I just want to stop checking email and go invisible on IM and leave the masses to their stupidity. :(

*edit* having someone with a PC copy taking a few screenshots for me so I can do a proper ME3 import walkthrough would probably be helpful as well. My PC copy isn't arriving til Thursday.

Annakie fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Mar 6, 2012

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
gently caress those Geth with rocket launchers. Their loving RPG contrails are all up my view all the drat time.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Without spoiling anything, do any of the random Anomaly assignments from ME2 carry over to ME3? I just have Overlord and the IFF/endgame to go in ME2, but I also haven't done any anomalies, and if I can avoid doing that, then I can start ME3 sooner. :)

A BIG FUCKING BLUNT
Nov 10, 2007

http://www.twitch.tv/dansgaming (don't watch if you don't want to see spoilers obv)

A BIG FUCKING BLUNT fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Mar 6, 2012

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Haha, AP ammo actually punches through walls now? Ok, that is pretty cool.

BobTheSpy
Feb 12, 2012
How is Sentinel? I loved playing it in ME2 with my rad tech armor.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

BobTheSpy posted:

How is Sentinel? I loved playing it in ME2 with my rad tech armor.

Weird. It's really strange to have to manually detonate the armor.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

kater posted:

The map updates with most of the quests. It's still pretty lovely, but hey.

Man, it's really lovely. It's like they just forgot to enable the bulletpoints that open up for each quest like 1/2 had.

While it does suck that they removed the bullet points, at the same time it got really annoing in ME2 when you had a bunch of quests everywhere and you couldn't see some of the systems under their giant floating texts. Really bad if you activated the N7/Firewalker/Rich Mineral flags.

Also I just noticed on the wikipedia page for From Ash that there was a new rifle on Eden Prime. I already did the first mission there and didn't find one. Did I miss it or is obtained later on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heti
May 22, 2007

I like Video Games

Rirse posted:

Also I just noticed on the wikipedia page for From Ash that there was a new rifle on Eden Prime. I already did the first mission there and didn't find one. Did I miss it or is obtained later on?

you get it automatically when you finish it.

• Locked thread