Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Heti posted:

you get it automatically when you finish it.

That probably why I didn't see it then, as I haven't done a new mission since completing it. Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Is there a way to avoid that Cerberus robot beating the poo poo out of Ash/Kaidan on Mars?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Amateur Saboteur posted:

I'm just not that far into the game and it seems like they're making too much of an effort to compensate for the lack of homosexuality in the other 2 games and it's stupid. Games should be more like Fallout:NV. You literally would not know that half the companions in the game are gay unless you talked to them for like 5 minutes and even then they won't hit on you I'm pretty sure.

I would hope that in the 23rd century mankind will have gotten over this whole homophobia thing and people are allowed to flirt with whoever they like but I guess we have to tell those gays to shut up about their lifestyle while we talk about hot Asari titties.

The Ultimate Frisco
Oct 1, 2007
When there aren't that many friscos, it's easy to be the Ultimate one.

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I did, if it's at the same spot (after the first flashback) then start mashing Esc when the camera starts to swing over Shepard's shoulder to return control. Opening the menu seems to avoid the crash.

Thank you so much Dr. Absymal. It worked! Mashing the esc button at that part worked wonderfully.

I actually was chatting with the EA help and he didn't seem to like that I fixed it before he did. Let's see if EA gets mad and freezes my account.

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Eej posted:

I would hope that in the 23rd century mankind will have gotten over this whole homophobia thing and people are allowed to flirt with whoever they like but I guess we have to tell those gays to shut up about their lifestyle while we talk about hot Asari titties.
Name one other character that has hit on you that strongly in your introduction conversation.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
The Krogan poet from Ilium dies. :(

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Amateur Saboteur posted:

Name one other character that has hit on you that strongly in your introduction conversation.

Just shut up dude, you're embarrassing yourself.

punch drunk
Nov 12, 2006

Is it possible to complete a romance fully just in ME3 or did you have to start in in ME2? Whats the difference if you started in ME2?

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Schurik posted:

Just shut up dude, you're embarrassing yourself.
Yeah, instead of providing someone with a one word answer that would make their entire argument invalid (note: this answer doesn't actually exist) I like to just tell them they're making a fool of themselves on a comedy forum on the internet.

I do this of course with my faded text and cancer patient avatar that's a side effect of me posting in a subforum where pretty much the only objective is to post like an rear end in a top hat and embarrass yourself.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Man, gently caress you Daletress. (Tuchanka spoilers)Not going to screw over three of my friends because you're a whiny little bitch who wants to genocide a race for a 'maybe'.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

Amateur Saboteur posted:

Yeah, instead of providing someone with a one word answer that would make their entire argument invalid (note: this answer doesn't actually exist) I like to just tell them they're making a fool of themselves on a comedy forum on the internet.

I do this of course with my faded text and cancer patient avatar that's a side effect of me posting in a subforum where pretty much the only objective is to post like an rear end in a top hat and embarrass yourself.

This is actually starting to get a bit embarrassing :v:

Bioware games are not as well-written as Obsidian games because Bioware's writers aren't as talented. Like I said, the whole game is full of dumb, heavy-handed sex stuff, some of it is gay. I'd honestly rather have overplayed gay poo poo than a total absence of gay poo poo because the idea of a society where gay people can be that open makes me happy. (i am straight)

I think that's pretty much all that needs to be said: Bioware is heavyhanded, there is gay stuff, the combination of these two factors is heavyhanded gay stuff. Can we move on?

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Amateur Saboteur posted:

If you need your homophobia explained to you it's probably not even worth the effort of one word. I'm gonna let you have the last word on this though, was just trying to give you a heads-up.

Pathard
Oct 23, 2011

Push the envelope. Watch it bend.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Is there a way to avoid that Cerberus robot beating the poo poo out of Ash/Kaidan on Mars?
Not that I've seen. It's integral to the story.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)
Are the only members of your party the five or six listed in the OP? I really want to know if Miranda is a party member (provided she survived) or not, because this could save me from having to go mess around in my ME2 file.

clandestine cactus
Feb 5, 2009

Hot Rope Guy

Amateur Saboteur posted:

For what it's worth, Vega has the exact same conversation with FemShep, they aren't throwing anything in your face those are just his character's lines. Including "Your loss."

Muffet
Jan 18, 2011
Just got the CE and read the comic that came with it. Why is Aria pink?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

gyrobot posted:

They removed the neutral options mostly now since almost no one picks them except for their "MASS CASUALTIES" Run.

I loved the neutral option in ME1 because it just had you acting like the most by-the-books person you could think of who had no opinions on anything. It actually sort of worked and made the ending feel more like an after-action report than anything else.

Jarmel
Feb 18, 2012
What the gently caress is this poo poo? I don't even know how to make sense of this.

Vega states that he got betrayed by a Cerberus spy working with the Collectors? What? What? What?

Walters what are you doing?

Kin33
Jul 3, 2007

Where is your god now?
Oh man. Shotgun and Sniper Rifle infiltrator is so god damned fun. I can't imagine playing this game any other way. Take people out from afar with steroid sniper shots or use stealth to get behind everyone with a shotty and destroy their lines. Incinerate is also really awesome if you ever get low on ammo.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I thought Max Payne ended the practice of pointless dream sequences forever.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

1stGear posted:

Man, gently caress you Daletress. (Tuchanka spoilers)Not going to screw over three of my friends because you're a whiny little bitch who wants to genocide a race for a 'maybe'.

That kinda pissed me off, honestly. Because while the Dalatress makes some pretty good points, thanks to Bioware Narrative Conventions you know for a fact the Krogan won't be a problem in the future. Much as you knew saving the Rachni was going to be totally consequence-free. If they had a negative repercussion it would be a complete game-changer, a choice that would change vast segments of the plot around, and as such you can safely assume it will never, ever happen.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
ME3 is showing up today or tomorrow. The question is whether I use my original ME2 save, or finish my "master" one. The original save was created off a rather minimalist ME1 game, while the new one was created from a save where I completed everything in ME1. I'm currently about 75% done with the loyalty missions on the master save.

Not sure if enough will carry over from ME1 to make it worthwhile though.

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

General Battuta posted:

This is actually starting to get a bit embarrassing :v:

Bioware games are not as well-written as Obsidian games because Bioware's writers aren't as talented. Like I said, the whole game is full of dumb, heavy-handed sex stuff, some of it is gay. I'd honestly rather have overplayed gay poo poo than a total absence of gay poo poo because the idea of a society where gay people can be that open makes me happy. (i am straight)

I think that's pretty much all that needs to be said: Bioware is heavyhanded, there is gay stuff, the combination of these two factors is heavyhanded gay stuff. Can we move on?
I moved onto several other topics before I was quoted from the previous page. I can see how my posting can be conceived as homophobia but If the first 3 conversations you had with your squadmates ever were with Traynor, Vega, and Cortez and they all said those lines of dialogue I can't see how you wouldn't groan. I have both a very close lesbian and gay friend (hurr my friend is black, so I'm not racist, but still) in my life and I know for a fact I have nothing wrong with that lifestyle. I do however have an issue with how it's presented thus far in my short 3 hour stint into this game. Like I mentioned before, you can titty gently caress blue bitches and space sluts but even they don't beg for your cock the literal first time you meet them.

I should also add that the emotion 'embarrassment' cannot be inflicted upon someone just because you say so. I don't feel embarrassed and this chat is frankly amusing with how stereotypically goon it is. In almost every thread ever there's always some derail when someone says something true like "wow she is a bitch" (because she's doing bitchy actions of course) but a dozen whiteknights pop out saying how the poster is being misogynistic even if he's completely right. Whatever, going back to playing the game.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Jesus man you are reading way too much into this and need to back up. You're straight inventing poo poo now.

Jarmel
Feb 18, 2012
So is Walters retconning ME2 now?

My mind is in shutdown mode. This makes no loving sense.

Cerberus was all along in cahoots with the Collectors? What? My mind is in serious 'wtf' mode.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Pathard posted:

Not that I've seen. It's integral to the story.

Do they ever rejoin you on the Normandy?

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Amateur Saboteur posted:

I moved onto several other topics before I was quoted from the previous page. I can see how my posting can be conceived as homophobia but If the first 3 conversations you had with your squadmates ever were with Traynor, Vega, and Cortez and they all said those lines of dialogue I can't see how you wouldn't groan. I have both a very close lesbian and gay friend (hurr my friend is black, so I'm not racist, but still) in my life and I know for a fact I have nothing wrong with that lifestyle. I do however have an issue with how it's presented thus far in my short 3 hour stint into this game. Like I mentioned before, you can titty gently caress blue bitches and space sluts but even they don't beg for your cock the literal first time you meet them.

I should also add the emotion 'embarrassment' cannot be inflicted upon someone just because you say so. I don't feel embarrassed and this chat is frankly amusing with how stereotypically goon it is. In almost every thread ever there's always some derail when someone says something true like "wow she is a bitch" (because she's doing bitchy actions of course) but a dozen whiteknights pop out saying how the poster is being misogynistic even if he's completely right. Whatever, going back to playing the game.

He's not saying you're embarrassed. He's saying it's embarrassing watching a guy who played through two games of terrible flirty dialogue from anything with a vagina-analogue suddenly losing his poo poo at the fact A Gay Dude Is Doing The Same Thing.

It is embarrassing to remember that people like you exist.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Amateur Saboteur posted:

I agree with you that it is a bit pronounced if you go in with the out of game knowledge of Bioware bragging about it. I thought the dude below decks having a husband was a nice touch, but him being the first dude you go comfort or w/e was kinda hitting on the nose. The Yeoman thing was just silly trash.

But Vega? Just to be clear, you are talking about this right? Yea... not seeing anything. Loco is hardly the most endearing of nicknames.

And to answer the question, the first conversation you have with Liara is 100% double entendre. The conversations with Kaiden/Ashley in ME1 are so ridiculous it's easy to think they removed the homosexual relationship at the last minute. And ME2 was *full* of people complaining about accidentally starting relationships.

Yar The Pirate
Feb 19, 2012
Edit: Never mind I'm just ignorant.

Yar The Pirate fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Mar 6, 2012

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Holy poo poo, not only is Jessica Chobot extremely attractive in this game, she's also an incredibly talented voice actress :negative:

That's probably the first thing that really disgusted me. Can anyone spoil what happens if you take her with you, because I don't think I could force myself :barf:

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...
So, what does Tali look like under the hood?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Hakkesshu posted:

Holy poo poo, not only is Jessica Chobot extremely attractive in this game, she's also an incredibly talented voice actress :negative:

What are you talking about she's horri... oh! Yeah. Yeah, I agree. Eeee.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The Eurogamer review mentioned a side conversation between a Soldier and the Asari receptionist at the Embassy but all I have there is an old lady trying to contact her son and every time I swing by she's lapsing more and more into dementia and she can't even remember why she's there anymore but the receptionist reminds her a lot of the Asari that her son married. (Spoilered for side conversation progression) It's :smith: as hell.

DA2 and TOR might be dogshit and the main plot of ME3 seems pretty lame so far but all the side content has been great. They really tried to tie in everything from teh previous games and finally there is closure for the Refund Guy!

TheGreatDave
Apr 27, 2009

This game seems pretty buggy on the PC. Character animations will go from Shepard just randomly flying in air while running, or Shepard getting stuck in loop animations during cutscenes. For one example Shephard was focused on a item in the Normandy so his head was turned 90 degrees to the left while talking to a perosn on the ship. Was creepy. :eek:

Now he's stuck still and I can't get him to move away after talking to Joker and Edi. :qq:

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

BAILOUT MCQUACK! posted:

Straight-up human glamor model with glowy eyes. Airbrushed to poo poo and everything!

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Eej posted:

The Eurogamer review mentioned a side conversation between a Soldier and the Asari receptionist at the Embassy but all I have there is an old lady trying to contact her son and every time I swing by she's lapsing more and more into dementia and she can't even remember why she's there anymore but the receptionist reminds her a lot of the Asari that her son married. (Spoilered for side conversation progression) It's :smith: as hell.

There's a conversation between a soldier and his asari wife as in the dock, as I recall. That what you're looking for?

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

BAILOUT MCQUACK! posted:

Like this.

Spoiler, obviously.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Bastards! You can't just link Tali's face! You have to earn it!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ornamented Death posted:

Like this.

Spoiler, obviously.

Ah, so they went for the Sean Young from Dune without the blue eyes look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Ornamented Death posted:

Like this.

Spoiler, obviously.
Where do you see that in the game? It looks like a person just holding up a picture.

• Locked thread