Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Great Enoch
Mar 23, 2011
Does anybody know if region locking can be circumvented by proxy on origin and if they allow it as steam does?

Sorry if this has been asked before. A quick search/scan read of the thread didn't flag up anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Hmm already experienced a system freeze. Also has anyone else been experiencing a crackling sound with this game? I tried messing around with the audio options but it seems to be tied with the visual effects? On PS3

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."

Darth Freddy posted:

What if you don't have a M2 folder? I got the pc game because I needed it now now right away but played the first two on the 360. Any way to import choices yet?

Just create them yourself. Look at the pictures in link and just make the folders like that.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.

Great Enoch posted:

Does anybody know if region locking can be circumvented by proxy on origin and if they allow it as steam does?

Sorry if this has been asked before. A quick search/scan read of the thread didn't flag up anything.
Yeah, you can do it. Its how a lot of people unlocked the game on monday.

InfiniteJesters
Jan 26, 2012
Is the Revenant LMG back in this game?

Is it usable in multiplayer by all classes?

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

I got a Schematic for an automated turret, and was told to bring it to someone on the Citadel, Can anyone give me a name on who?

Deep Space Hitler
Apr 21, 2011

Without spoilers how much is not playing any of the me2 dlc going to effect my experience in this game. I dont feel like going back and playing them but if they're a bit part I might do it before I'm balls deep in me3

Heti
May 22, 2007

I like Video Games
Has anyone bought any of the weapons from Spectre Requisitions yet? I want to know if they're any good.

Deep Space Hitler posted:

Without spoilers how much is not playing any of the me2 dlc going to effect my experience in this game. I dont feel like going back and playing them but if they're a bit part I might do it before I'm balls deep in me3

not playing lair of the shadow broker or arrival will leave you confused or unaware of some things but thats about it

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

What's the matchmaking process like for multiplayer in the PC version of ME3? I bought the CE for both 360 and PC and I'm trying to decide which one I should keep.

I played the two previous games on PC but would be OK with porting my save game/character to 360 if Xbox Live makes a big difference in being able to find multiplayer games.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
I was streaming last night and an overseas viewer thought Jessica Chobot was Snooki. I don't know if that was an insult or just an honest mistake... :ohdear:

Edit: And now I can't unsee it. gently caress.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Deep Space Hitler posted:

If you dont already have the DLC, only buy Lairs of the Shadow Broker, which is awesome from beginning to end, and just read the stories of the rest.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Hakkesshu posted:

Holy poo poo, not only is Jessica Chobot extremely attractive in this game, she's also an incredibly talented voice actress :negative:

That's probably the first thing that really disgusted me. Can anyone spoil what happens if you take her with you, because I don't think I could force myself :barf:

Wait....what?
Think I'm missing the irony here.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Heti posted:

Has anyone bought any of the weapons from Spectre Requisitions yet? I want to know if they're any good.
No sp experience, but..........

Very first unlock with 160 BIOWARE FUNBUCKS I had laying around for some reason (Dragon age DLC I guess.) netted me the Black Widow, Its op as gently caress. It seems like the damage bonus you get from dropping cloak lasts just long enough for all three shots to get the bonus. Its a terror on brutes and atlases.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

:ohdear: Grunt :ohdear:

:cry: Grunt :cry:

:black101: Grunt :black101:

:911: Grunt :911:

:tviv: Grunt :tviv:

:dance: GRUNT! :dance:

No joke, I seriously thought he was pulling a Boromir there :unsmith:

Creepy Goat
Sep 19, 2010
JESUS CHRIST GRUNT YOU GLORIOUS SUICIDAL BASTARD DON'T SCARE ME LIKE THAT loving HELL

Neighbours could hear me yelling NOOO NOOOOOO NOOOOOO, then YES YEEESS YEEEEEES. I hope they didn't get the wrong idea and called the cops :ohdear:

Nucular Carmul posted:

Didn't even see these posts haha, good to know others felt the same way! loving badass god drat.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Charlie Mopps posted:

If you dont already have the DLC, only buy Lairs of the Shadow Broker, which is awesome from beginning to end, and just read the stories of the rest.

Kasumi's side quest is pretty fun and 30.1 was probably the most :unsmith: moment so far in the game.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.
Hands up if you made sure the From Ashes DLC (and your preorder bonus, I went EB Games) was installed before you even started the campaign!

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

treiz01 posted:

Hands up if you made sure the From Ashes DLC (and your preorder bonus, I went EB Games) was installed before you even started the campaign!

Is there any other way to do it? (not for me there isn't)

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

It's gonna be. Javik is getting a permanent slot in my party when I get him.

Should we still be spoilering stuff that people will know from the download description?

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

That Javik is quite the rear end. I dont like him, he doesnt seem to have anything to sympathize with.

Noni
Jul 8, 2003
ASK ME ABOUT DEFRAUDING GOONS WITH HOT DOGS AND HOW I BANNED EPIC HAMCAT
Is anyone else seeing occasional neck issues? Sometimes when I run past a character, they pull an Exorcist on me. Or do I have to buy some DLC pack that includes everyone's spines?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Just had the (mid-game Citadel spoilers) Thane death scene. I'm legit kinda tearing up at a Bioware game what the gently caress is wrong with me.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Nucular Carmul posted:

Alright I'm at work you need to explain this poo poo. Please??? :smith:

Refyougee posted:

Just did the last mission that takes place on Rannoch and all I can say is :psyduck: (HUGE spoilers follow)

I told Legion to upload the reaper code, which ends with him pulling a Poochie and the entire migrant fleet being blow apart and crashing in a million fiery bits right in front of Tali, prompting her to rip her mask off and throw herself off a cliff. Just awesome.

Really though, that was an amazing scene. Going to replay it just to see the opposite choice play out. In the last couple hours that I've been playing I've seen the whole "we don't have to worry about continuity because this is the last game" mentality show through.

:psyboom: I have a feeling I'm going to be saving a ton just to see what happens with what choice and proceed from there.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix

Noni posted:

Is anyone else seeing occasional neck issues? Sometimes when I run past a character, they pull an Exorcist on me. Or do I have to buy some DLC pack that includes everyone's spines?

Yes, and make sure you pick up the Cockpit Throw Rug DLC so you can cover up the spot Joker put honey on trying to get kinky with his new co-pilot.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

Mordiceius posted:

gently caress vanguards in multiplayer.

Playing an infiltrator with an overzealous vanguard on your team is annoying as gently caress.

"Oh let me just line up this snipershot. OH THE VANGUARD RAN INTO THE GROUP AND KNOCKED EVERYONE BACK."

It's okay, once you start playing on silver the idiot vanguards who can't keep their pants on will spend most of the game bleeding out in front of turrets while you hang out at across the map, getting hammered listening to Rush while popping heads off Nemesi and saying hello through Guardian mail slots all day having intense inner monologues about potential, like, Elcor wisdom, man.

Then you hit gold, and your super buffed headshots don't damage through shields anymore and you're running around in circles mainlining speedballs just to stay inches ahead of the phantom instant death glow sticks, giant robots with "feels good, man" painted on their auto dick-shattering cannons, and Enkindlers know what else because nothing you do works anymore but you keep bringing the dead back to life while invisible so maybe it's the drugs, maybe you're Space Jesus reincarnated and never realized it, maybe it's all just, like, a game man. Can't make space-rent playing bronze.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix

Jiro posted:

Grunt spoilers! They aren't too specific, so they're somewhat safe to read, but they spoil the end of his mission sort of. You have him hold off a bunch of bad dudes while you run like a wuss, and he pretty much goes into Krogan Extra Beast Mode and smashes the gently caress out of a whole bunch of bad dudes, getting hurt but still getting up and wrecking poo poo, then he suddenly tumbles over a cliff with more bad dudes chasing him. You get to your shuttle like "drat bro that was epic, poo poo sucks tho" but suddenly he comes around a corner all bloody and sort of collapses into Shepard all "Does anyone have something to eat?" :black101:

More specific spoiler: the bad dudes are REAPERFIED GUDDAMN RACHNI

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

:ohdear: Grunt :ohdear:

:cry: Grunt :cry:

:black101: Grunt :black101:

:911: Grunt :911:

:tviv: Grunt :tviv:

:dance: GRUNT! :dance:
No post has gotten me more exited for the game than this. I cannot loving wait for my copy to arrive now.

GRUNT

Banjodark
Jun 10, 2001

Beautiful and good
Punishing with his kindness
Jacob is perfect

Slake Fistcrunch posted:

Romance spoilers:

I found the Kaidan/Manshep 'before the final battle' scene, if anyone's interested. Spoilers, obviously.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAoWkEuQzTw

:3: Much better done than I'd been expecting (by Bioware standards.) I wonder if Fox News is going to pick up on this.

I can't wait to have that scene happen infront of my roommates, it's going to be SO awkward for us to collectively watch.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Fat_Cow posted:

I got a Schematic for an automated turret, and was told to bring it to someone on the Citadel, Can anyone give me a name on who?

I just found this guy. Without being too spoilery, some items you get can only be delivered after a pretty major event happens at the Citadel. When that event happens, spend some time walking around. There's a lot of conversations, new Fedex quests, and people to deliver to.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
Anyone know where I go for Aria's Eclipse mission? It says to find Bailey's assistant at the Commons C-Sec station, but the only guy there is non-activatable.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
I really like how Cortez's character is portrayed so far. I'm playing Femshep so I won't be banging him, but the part where you catch him listening to the recording of his husband dying at Ferris Fields is a genuinely tender and moving moment. Also the ribbing between him and Vega is great.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Jiro posted:

Grunt mission spoilers: Grunt stays behind fighting off a horde of rachni to buy you time to get out of the caves safely, beats the hell out of a bunch of them, appears to get stabbed, still fights on and eventually falls into a pit with rachni still on him. Then, when you reach the shuttle, Grunt comes back all covered in blood but still very much alive. First thing he says? "Anyone got something to eat?"

e:fb

Just finished Tuchanka. That was, uh, something. :suspense:

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Mar 6, 2012

thetrin
May 4, 2009

I pull down the curtain, wantin to do me some dirtin aint nuthin better then jerkin my gerkin so I start with some flirtin

But my magic find aint working so I can't do no spurtin its got Wirt's feelins all hurtin, and his wooden leg stops all perking

Kilometers Davis posted:

Lame. How so?

No pc gaming, but thanks for the suggestion.

Doesn't matter. You can create the save on your PC and transfer it using Gibbed's Save Editor.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Nucular Carmul posted:

Yes, and make sure you pick up the Cockpit Throw Rug DLC so you can cover up the spot Joker put honey on trying to get kinky with his new co-pilot.

That pissed me off to no end when I first found that spot "oh, it's joker! He's funny...move around the cockpit, see if there are any nifty hotspots...wth did they do to my ship, it's half ripped-apart now...hey, why can't I move?"

Thank god for autosaves. I still had to redo about 2-3 conversation trees.

Edit:

Banjodark posted:

oh who am I kidding, Miranda's butt still annoys me.

vvv This combined with your avatar is hilarious.

OAquinas fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Mar 6, 2012

Banjodark
Jun 10, 2001

Beautiful and good
Punishing with his kindness
Jacob is perfect

Nucular Carmul posted:

I really like how Cortez's character is portrayed so far. I'm playing Femshep so I won't be banging him, but the part where you catch him listening to the recording of his husband dying at Ferris Fields is a genuinely tender and moving moment. Also the ribbing between him and Vega is great.

I almost want to give them a pass for the asari, Jack's sex-cure, miranda's butt etc and all that other poo poo for how well handled the queer characters and romances are in this game.

oh who am I kidding, Miranda's butt still annoys me.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Darth Freddy posted:

What if you don't have a M2 folder? I got the pc game because I needed it now now right away but played the first two on the 360. Any way to import choices yet?

Just create the folder. I don't think you need to have ME2 installed. On Windows 7 its under something like ocuments --> Bioware --> Mass Effect 2 --> Save. Alternatively, you can go to the Mass Effect 2 saves website, go to their forums and someone has posted a folder from their saved games folder that will let you have a valid folder to put your game into.

Huxian
Nov 12, 2008

"It's not just the swearing either. She's got quick fists too."
Spoiler re: Citadel mid way through

When the citadel is attacked, do I lose the ability to finish my side-quests?

Axialbloom
Jul 7, 2011

My life is a series of
lapses in judgement.
Not sure if it's been posted in this thread yet (as I'm trying desperately to avoid spoilers so have only skimmed through as best I could) but Alienware are giving away keys for an M90 Indra Sniper rifle DLC for ME3 that you can activate through Origin.

http://www.alienwarearena.com/giveaway/mass-effect-3-giveaway

Keys remaining 1020 9000 new keys.

edit: Yeah Qwezz beat me to it. I'll just leave this here as a reminder in case people missed it (like I did).

Axialbloom fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Mar 6, 2012

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Are there any "field" ship upgrades, like faster movement speed or more fuel like in the last game? Where are they, so I can pick them up? I much prefer this system of not having to check every single planet, but I do not care for having to run from an instant game over after a couple scans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heti
May 22, 2007

I like Video Games

Charlie Mopps posted:

That Javik is quite the rear end. I dont like him, he doesnt seem to have anything to sympathize with.

Really? The death of his entire civilization and waking up just to see it happen again doesn't get any sympathy from you?

• Locked thread