Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Has anyone else gotten the N7 Arsenal Pack from preordering the Digital Deluxe Edition on Origin?

I haven't received any email with the code and talking to EA's support reps is like talking to a wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macinirol
Sep 27, 2011
Mine came with the DDE, I didn't need a code to get it.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Walked away from the Australian midnight release with my Collector's Edition and a copy of Saint's Row: The Third, along with a second, regular copy of Mass Effect 3 that I won in a trivia contest and a Nerf shoot-out.

It's me, I'm the biggest nerd.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
The game seems to get more and more buggy as you play. I went to talk to Thane and instead of feeling bad for him he ends up talking to an empty chair where my character was supposed to be sitting. Later I went to talk to Kaiden and ended up standing on top of him and then getting stuck walking around a few feet above the ground. There is a lot of other strange stuff like when you talk to Liara in here room she emote with her hands but her hands are clipping through her face and body. There is also this strange thing going on where people will randomly teleport in to the scene like Nightcrawler. It's p. distracting even int he first section of the game with Anderson. He follows you over a barricade right before you jump in to the poo poo and just teleports to the other side. That and his hosed up running animation. Even with all this dumb poo poo the game is really good. I guess I'll just chock it up to sloppiness or engine quirks like a Bethesda game.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

What's the deal with the scanning system? Can I afford to scan every planet at least once without locking myself out of crap?

Also, "the system will stay locked until you complete one mission" - does that mean any mission, including the N7 stuff?

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
I have to say I'm loving the poo poo out of the N7 sniper rifle. 3 shot clip and still strong enough to 1-shot a lot of things. With power bonuses for ammo and an extended clip I pretty much don't even need the side arm I carry.

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...
If you import a me2 save are you stuck with the class you were in me2?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

floor is lava posted:

The game seems to get more and more buggy as you play. I went to talk to Thane and instead of feeling bad for him he ends up talking to an empty chair where my character was supposed to be sitting. Later I went to talk to Kaiden and ended up standing on top of him and then getting stuck walking around a few feet above the ground. There is a lot of other strange stuff like when you talk to Liara in here room she emote with her hands but her hands are clipping through her face and body. There is also this strange thing going on where people will randomly teleport in to the scene like Nightcrawler. It's p. distracting even int he first section of the game with Anderson. He follows you over a barricade right before you jump in to the poo poo and just teleports to the other side. That and his hosed up running animation. Even with all this dumb poo poo the game is really good. I guess I'll just chock it up to sloppiness or engine quirks like a Bethesda game.

What system are you on?
I used to get horrible game breaking glitches on the PC version, but the one time I tried the PS3 version I got stuck in a wall

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

What system are you on?
I used to get horrible game breaking glitches on the PC version, but the one time I tried the PS3 version I got stuck in a wall

A quad core PC with a nvidia 570 and 8gb of ram. Also, I forgot to mention the games loads so incredibly fast. It's a huge change from that elevator poo poo.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Capt Happhypants posted:

Wait so are you telling me I don't get a chance to get frisky with Miranda again in ME3? That makes me sad in the pants.

Relationship spoiler You can continue your relationship with her, but she doesn't join you on the ship.

WaffleStomp
May 7, 2007
I have a question about a character from 2 that re-appears in 3: Jack.

I finished the quest where you run into her and a group of students on the academy that's being attacked by Cerebus. When the mission ended, it looked like the students and Jack joined up with Shepard for the war effort. However, where the hell did they go? I don't see Jack or anyone from that mission on my ship. Are they somewhere else, or was that it?

CaptainCarrot
Jun 9, 2010
Kai Leng is such bullshit, and the writers are all in love with him and gave him copious cutscene magic.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Doesn't seem like I got a code for the Argus, however. Shame.

Capt Happhypants
Mar 16, 2009

Decius posted:

Relationship spoiler You can continue your relationship with her, but she doesn't join you on the ship.

Thanks Decius. At least I know it's an option. My biggest reasons for replays of Mass Effect games... romancing the crap out of every possible female option :)

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Just so I'm clear, my import did not carry my ME2 weapons over, right? I was under the impression they were supposed to but I don't have them in my armory.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Levantine posted:

Just so I'm clear, my import did not carry my ME2 weapons over, right? I was under the impression they were supposed to but I don't have them in my armory.

No, it doesn't carry over your weapons.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe
Apologies if this has been mentioned, but anyone with really bad input lag should turn the origin overlay off. I was really disappointed until I found that one.

Origin. :argh:

Does anyone have any graphical tweaks yet? The lighting seems a tad dark in places.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

WaffleStomp posted:

I have a question about a character from 2 that re-appears in 3: Jack.

I finished the quest where you run into her and a group of students on the academy that's being attacked by Cerebus. When the mission ended, it looked like the students and Jack joined up with Shepard for the war effort. However, where the hell did they go? I don't see Jack or anyone from that mission on my ship. Are they somewhere else, or was that it?

They did join the war effort, the students were deployed to fight (they're the war asset called Biotic Company). Jack appears later on the Citadel.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

So between all three Mass Effect games, what's the maximum number of characters you can have romanced? And will they all get into a big argument with one another or hate you or something for doing so? Because that would be a pretty funny gimmick for a full-trilogy play through.

But if there's no dialogue or interaction repercussions to it or anything it'd be kind of dumb. Just wanna be an rear end in a top hat renegade who makes everyone argue about space sex. :shepface:

mrs. nicholas sarkozy
Jan 1, 2006

~let me see ya bounce that bounce that~

doo doo thief posted:

Anyone know what the point of all the non-fish misc items you can buy from merchants is? I just remembered buying books, flowers, candy, and something else early on the citadel and they never appeared in my cabin and weren't used as gifts or anything, so did I miss something?

I bought wine at the citadel hospital early on when visiting Kaidan and Shepard gave it to him as a get-well-soon gift. I was hoping to give it to Chakwas :(

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
Just a tip for those who play the PC version. You can pause during unpausable scenes by opening up the origin overlay which key command is shift+f1. It's stupid that you have to do it that way instead of being able to his escape to pause but there it is.

Charlie Brown
Oct 4, 2000

Infiltrates Your Skull
I discovered that there's a tool which converts xbox saves to PC.
After playing ME3 on the default character for about 4 hours, I was a bit way of starting over again, but I'm SO glad that I did.

So much extra content, which isn't in the 'default' playthrough.

Hentai Tentacle Demon
Apr 12, 2002

Spacy Spicy Love
Wait, I preordered the digital deluxe collector's edition thing from origin in the US, wasn't I supposed to get the argus gun?

Hallowed
May 28, 2007

It's a pipe bomb!
Play.com posted my order today.

COME ON RELEASE DAY DELIVERY!

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Hentai Tentacle Demon posted:

Wait, I preordered the digital deluxe collector's edition thing from origin in the US, wasn't I supposed to get the argus gun?

Yeah. You're supposed to get an email with a code, but you should get it and the Raider shotgun code faster if you get online and talk with a support rep.

I ended up calling a live support person. Didn't get the N7 Arsenal but I got a code for the N7 Warfare pack instead.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

I've found a bit of a problem that is annoying me with this game.

The quest tracker doesn't seem to update on new details. It just leaves you guessing. For instance i'm doing some of the citadel quests and it isn't stepping me through what i'm supposed to do next.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.

WMain00 posted:

I've found a bit of a problem that is annoying me with this game.

The quest tracker doesn't seem to update on new details. It just leaves you guessing. For instance i'm doing some of the citadel quests and it isn't stepping me through what i'm supposed to do next.
Are you stuck on the Hanar mission by chance?

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Charlie Mopps posted:

Are you stuck on the Hanar mission by chance?

Yes! And also the turian general in the commons, whose name I've forgot.

TheBalor
Jun 18, 2001
Sooo...this is gonna seem freakishly early, but I just marathoned this poo poo and I'd like to talk about the end of the game. So don't highlight this spoiler text if you have not yet beaten the game.

Seriously, don't do it.

I felt really, terribly let down by the endings. I was going through full paragon, only missed a few sidequests, managed to fill up the military strength bar completely...and I am presented at the end with three unsatisfying, arbitrary choices.

In principle I could understand the logic behind each, but there were all these weird conditions strapped on to them that don't make a whole lot of sense. Really, it just felt like they wanted to be dramatic and force a sad ending, but in a game based entirely around choice it just sucks the wind out of my sails. Obviously I'm not in the best mental state due to sleep deprivation at the moment, but I barely even feel like doing another playthrough if those are the only ways I can end it.

I also have a sneaking suspicion they're going to pull a Broken Steel on us and have the REAL good ending only available for an extra cost.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I haven't gotten too far in yet but I am pretty impressed with the character direction in 3 and find it to a big improvement over ME2. For example the storyline involving Jack at Grissom Academy was a satisfying end to their arc, a little humorous and in a way touching.

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007
The interaction between Femshep and James is priceless.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.

WMain00 posted:

Yes! And also the turian general in the commons, whose name I've forgot.
I think the Hanar mission is bugged, seen a lot of people ask about it and im stuck on it myself as well. The turian general can be solved by speaking to a merchant in the Presidium and finding some items through scanning.

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
Is it just me or is the Normandy full of creepy assed sounds? You always hear footsteps coming from weird places and this one girl's grating cackle.

Also what the hell is up with that charred body in the AI room? Is it the girl from Mars? I mean it looks like her, but we're just leaving this corpse lay around? Also the music in that room is creepy.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
For quests, especially on the Citadel, just look at your map, all NPCs and notable objects are listed. The "Talk to everyone" convention of old school RPGing applies here. If you can talk to them they probably have a quest or the next step of your quest.

Perhaps this should be bolded and :siren:ed in the OP, and maybe throw up a few billboards, carve it into the moon maybe?

It's kinda funny to hear some of this, a lot of times people whine about too much hand holding in games these days, and now we've got people (not necessarily the same people I know, but still) whining that this game isn't holding their hand enough.

edit: heh Cortez just said Vega loves "grizzly bears" and Vega was totally clueless. But I got it, Cortez. I got it :nyd:

Loving Life Partner posted:

Also what the hell is up with that charred body in the AI room? Is it the girl from Mars? I mean it looks like her, but we're just leaving this corpse lay around? Also the music in that room is creepy.
Oh you naive young thing. You don't know, do you? It gets creepier. You ain't seen poo poo.

Nucular Carmul fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Mar 7, 2012

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

floor is lava posted:

I haven't noticed anything that severe, but I've had a lot of glitchy head & neck moments and conversations often feel off, like I'm watching a movie with bad editing.

The depth of field effect is also wonky during conversations, sometimes focusing on the background and blurring the characters. However, I think this is a problem with AMD's drivers because I noticed the same thing in my current ME2 playthrough and never noticed it before.

Dystonym
May 20, 2011
This loving reaper boss fight on Rannoch is so unbelieably horrible. The targeter keeps getting stuck at the last minute, or I ended up rolling when I want to sprint and landing right in the middle of it's laser. It's times like these where I wish they had included that skip combat button. Edit: Also I consulted a video, and my targeter seems to be broken or something as it's moving waaaaay slower than everyone elses. Edit 2: Am idiot. It moves quicker when you don't move.

Dystonym fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Mar 7, 2012

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Loving Life Partner posted:

Actually that was a robot. Also, all things considered, I kind wish it was just a corpse.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

For the Hanar one in particular:
--Get quest
--Go into Spectre hub
--go to the terminals, activate hanar embassy tracking from the free one.
--Get sent to check the embassy's records, that's on the same floor, to the left of the elevator by the guy looking for his son.
--Check outgoing communications (or something), that's in the non-Normandy docks, just inside the entrance.
--Check recent arrivals, opposite end of the docking bay.
--Check communications again, back at the elevator.
--Back to the embassies, the first non-Spectre terminal.
--Sit back and watch the show.

It's confusing because the docks terminals will show up from the promenade for some reason, above the apartment area. Took me a bit to confirm I couldn't get up another level somehow.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Mar 7, 2012

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

Ash1138 posted:

I haven't noticed anything that severe, but I've had a lot of glitchy head & neck moments and conversations often feel off, like I'm watching a movie with bad editing.

The depth of field effect is also wonky during conversations, sometimes focusing on the background and blurring the characters. However, I think this is a problem with AMD's drivers because I noticed the same thing in my current ME2 playthrough and never noticed it before.

I'm having a conversation with Liara right now and my head is turned all the way to the side, staring at her bed. It is hilarious.

edit: ok now both of them are staring the other direction, towards the droid. This is a strange conversation.

solar energy panel fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Mar 7, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Birudojin
Oct 7, 2010

WHIRR CLANK

The Sharmat posted:

Why isn't Birudojin in charge of the Bioware official forums and why do they let anyone else interact with their fans in the first place?

Thanks guys, but I'd rather not :) I do lurk the BSN, along with (obviously) this one and several others, but I try to avoid posting there, especially as any "official" post has a ton of ramifications and restrictions on what you can say, etc.

You guys might not believe it, but Stan Woo is actually not even a bad guy, nor is his primary job community management.

• Locked thread