Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Triumphant
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah, I've seen Robocop. Bitches, leave.

FreudianSlippers posted:

Almost everything after Piper is boring Proggy musical masturbation.

They got a lot less interesting when the legitimately insane member left and everyone else just pretended to be crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

FreudianSlippers posted:

I have to buy all of those. Right now. gently caress not having any money, I'll take out a loan or something. Future me can worry about it and he's a dick.

How large are those by the way? I tried googling it but couldn't find any info or pictures of them next to anything but blank walls but maybe I'm just a moron.

I'm pretty sure they were really small, like nowhere close to poster size. I doubt they were more than $20 each.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Mierenneuker posted:

I think this is also another one of those odd billing situations. Notice how Martin Lawrence gets credited first at the bottom (on the embedded image).

Yup. In the trailers it's reversed -- Robbins is first on the left (but lower) and Lawrence is on the right (but at the top).

Kro-bar posted:

It's odd to me that the statue in the poster isn't the Statue of Liberty. Can anyone ID what it actually is?

It's The National Monument to the Forefathers, and Cameron is crying because it's a monument to the Pilgrims and their Christian beliefs, and it is LITERALLY FALLING APART :911:

AndyP
Nov 7, 2011

Max22 posted:

Yup. In the trailers it's reversed -- Robbins is first on the left (but lower) and Lawrence is on the right (but at the top).

It's The National Monument to the Forefathers, and Cameron is crying because it's a monument to the Pilgrims and their Christian beliefs, and it is LITERALLY FALLING APART :911:

From that wiki page:

quote:

The National Monument to the Forefathers, formerly known as the Pilgrim Monument,[1] commemorates the Mayflower Pilgrims. Dedicated on August 1, 1889, it honors their ideals as later generally embraced by Kirk Cameron.

Seriously?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
So it is the ideas of genocide and crushing people as witches?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

FreudianSlippers posted:

e:
Found some pictures, they are pretty small but that also means they turned out to be a lot cheaper then I expected:

All except the Jaws one, which is the only one that doesn't completely scream hopeless geek. Though it's not like I'm above that, I would pay whatever I needed to if they made ones for old B movies. Attack of the 50 Foot Woman like that? The Land that Time Forgot? Those would be incredible.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I was in Target today and walking by this Blue Ray cover gave me a serious case of "Dear God, what happened to your face?" (The best part is how they used a crop of that specific face on the side of the cover.)

Finding it online for the thread, I noticed this shot. Face mangling due to cigar removal, apparently.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

mistaya posted:

I was in Target today and walking by this Blue Ray cover gave me a serious case of "Dear God, what happened to your face?" (The best part is how they used a crop of that specific face on the side of the cover.)

Finding it online for the thread, I noticed this shot. Face mangling due to cigar removal, apparently.

I LOVE IT
when a film comes together

As do I, Robbie, as do I.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

mistaya posted:

I hate when they remove cigarettes and cigars, that's not going to stop teens from trying to smoke. Also, I think his finger was removed from the trigger on the second image.

frumpsnake
Jan 30, 2001

The sad part is, he wasn't always evil.
Let's not forget the incredible Hover A-Team.

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such

frumpsnake posted:

Holy crap, I am in tears. How does something like that happen?

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

frumpsnake posted:

Hahahahaha what the gently caress. There is no way this was actually released. No way. I don't believe it.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

frumpsnake posted:

Sharlto Copley starring in My Left Foot.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

mistaya posted:

I'm trying to figure out why the van is being driven by the bastard child of Adam Sandler and Henry Winkler.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Aatrek posted:

I'm trying to figure out why the van is being driven by the bastard child of Adam Sandler and Henry Winkler.

Thanks, now that's all I can see. :mad:

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

GonSmithe posted:

Hahahahaha what the gently caress. There is no way this was actually released. No way. I don't believe it.

No, they revised the artwork before releasing it.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

frumpsnake posted:

I ain't gettin' in no plane! It's a waste of time when we can fly by ourselves!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Mister Chief posted:

Sharlto Copley starring in My Left Foot.

More like "Liam Neeson, Bradley Cooper, Quinton Jackson and Sharlto Copley starring in Whose Left Foot?"

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Aatrek posted:

A strokey Luke Wilson.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Max22 posted:

No, they revised the artwork before releasing it.

My guess is that they were in a hurry,knew it had a mistake and didn't give a gently caress. Like "John Doe spent two weeks playing Minecraft,now we have just 30 minutes to finish this thing."

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Continuing with the terribly photoshopped Liam Neeson phenomena:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
In Battleship, the aliens will give you a terrible facelift before they kill you.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Liam is now fully poseable!

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

We're just gonna open our tool palette and... get some entities... how about some nice happy trees? We'll put them near this barn. Give that cow some shade... There.
He could be an excellent G-Man in a Half-Life movie, look at those cheekbones.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

Dillbag posted:

His face is lit from the left, but his arm from the front?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Dillbag posted:

... that looks like Tommy Lee Jones.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
That's quite the impressive jawline/chin he is sporting there.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

bobkatt013 posted:

So it is the ideas of genocide and crushing people as witches?

You speak as though Kirk Cameron wouldn't support and/or make positive Christian infomercials about those very concepts.

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

We're just gonna open our tool palette and... get some entities... how about some nice happy trees? We'll put them near this barn. Give that cow some shade... There.

Jedit posted:

I see Chris Cooper.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Please tell me they are making a Liam Neeson action figure to go with this movie.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Nuns with Guns posted:

You speak as though Kirk Cameron wouldn't support and/or make positive Christian infomercials about those very concepts.

I know and seeing them would be glorious.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

That's Liam Neeson? Could have fooled me :v:

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
Liam Neeson is apparently a giant in this movie. He's standing in front of a Battleship, possibly two?, and he's obviously in the water because of the splash effects at the bottom.

Since he also looks like a robot, I now think this movie is about a giant, transforming robotic Liam Neeson singlehandedly defeating the alien invaders.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

Static Rook posted:

he's obviously in the water because of the splash effects at the bottom.

Maybe there's a hot tub on the deck?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Dillbag posted:

Actually, that's Robert Forster. Why did they use a photo of Robert Forster for a poster that's supposed to have Liam Neeson?

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Jedit posted:

Now I can't unsee this.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Cartoon Man posted:

Please tell me they are making a Liam Neeson action figure to go with this movie.

They made one for The A-Team, so one can only hope.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Somebody tell Todd McFarlin to make a figure of him punching a wolf from his last movie.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

Somebody tell Todd McFarlin to make a figure of him punching a wolf from his last movie.

I was going to say that this wouldn't work because that never actually happens in the Grey, but then again, that's never stopped Todd McFarlane before, as he made two figures of the Blair Witch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Maybe going slightly off-topic, but using the image data off letterboxd.com and some quick copy/pasting, I made a couple of wallpapers using the posters for all the movies I'd logged on the site. There's probably websites that do this for you, but I thought I'd kill some time.

(Also I'm plugging letterboxd.com because it's a cool site)