Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Amish Ninja posted:

Fair enough.

Somebody mentioned that the infiltrator slow-zoom doesn't work anymore, right? I've barely played, but started up sentinel and the number of different abilities was kind of annoying. Versatility is nice and all, and I don't mind having more buttons to press but they seem kind of redundant.

What other classes are people having the most fun with? I see a lot of endorsement for vanguard. Is it more interesting than just charge->nova all day?

It's more interesting if you want it to be. You can setup for melee damage and run around punching Brutes to death. Or you can go more weapon damage and get Carnage. Or go heavy biotic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

Lawlicaust posted:

Everything about Allers is bad. Her model is so poorly made that its worse than ME2 Miranda. Her voice acting sounds like they just go some random person off the street to read lines. And her writing is pretty awful too.

My only guess about her design is that they wanted a reporter love interest and decided to make her different from the other reporters. 'We already have a confident and good report and we have a tabloid journalist. I know what we need! A complete airhead that sounds like she's has a giant wad of gum in her mouth at all times. Brilliant!'

Well, you can't really expect much from Jessica "Licked a PSP" Chobot or w/e the gently caress her name is.

Boofy
Sep 11, 2001

So last night after finishing the Palaven mission, I did the Pillars of Strength sidequest and it said I got the Batarian Fleet as a war asset but when I go to the war room it's not listed among my assets. Is there something else I need to do to actually unlock it?

thetrin
May 4, 2009

I pull down the curtain, wantin to do me some dirtin aint nuthin better then jerkin my gerkin so I start with some flirtin

But my magic find aint working so I can't do no spurtin its got Wirt's feelins all hurtin, and his wooden leg stops all perking

Stroth posted:

It's an ultra-rare drop, so start praying.

I would think so. The drat thing shoots biotic grenades.

Crum Bong Shuffle posted:

So last night after finishing the Palaven mission, I did the Pillars of Strength sidequest and it said I got the Batarian Fleet as a war asset but when I go to the war room it's not listed among my assets. Is there something else I need to do to actually unlock it?

I hate to ask a stupid question, but did you expand the Alien heading to see if it was listed under there?

freeforumuser
Aug 11, 2007

cbservo posted:

Seriously. my only complaint so far, having loads of fun traipsing all over the galaxy and I love every single member on board the Normandy....except for her.

Regretting bringing her on board. :shepicide: She can rot wherever she is and never talk to anyone, as much as I care.

IMO, she, the endings and the awkward pauses in dialog are evidence that ME3 was rushed. I wouldn't even want to imagine what the game would have been if it got out in 2011.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.

cbservo posted:

Seriously. my only complaint so far, having loads of fun traipsing all over the galaxy and I love every single member on board the Normandy....except for her.

Regretting bringing her on board. :shepicide: She can rot wherever she is and never talk to anyone, as much as I care.

You can go down to her at any time to tell her to leave by talking to her a couple of times. I kept an open mind on the character when she was announced as I hadn't heard of the actress beforehand but her voice acting is easily the worst in the game. At this point I'm only keeping her around to see how much war assets I can crib off of her.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Crum Bong Shuffle posted:

Yeah, it comes up in a side mission on the Citadel later. Look for the person named Officer Noles (I think she's on the Presidium) to start it. The Pillars of Strength improve that war asset but don't unlock it.

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

This was the greatest day of my life. Finally I could stand on my soapbox and tell you American scum that you got exactly what you deserved.
P.S. Sorry Osama that Americans were not compassionate enough to take you in peacefully. You deserved better.

Lawlicaust posted:

Everything about Allers is bad. Her model is so poorly made that its worse than ME2 Miranda. Her voice acting sounds like they just go some random person off the street to read lines. And her writing is pretty awful too.

I completely agree, the character adds literally nothing to the game. I hate to be one of 'those guys' but it's totally just pandering to the nerdiest portion of their base.

Hell, the Salarian that tells you to stop playing with the thing (spoiler:feces analyzer) on Sur'Kesh is a stronger, more eloquent and altogether better presented character than both Allers and Traynor combined.

Boofy
Sep 11, 2001

thetrin posted:

I would think so. The drat thing shoots biotic grenades.

I hate to ask a stupid question, but did you expand the Alien heading to see if it was listed under there?

Yeah. All I've got there is the Hanar/Drell fleet and the stuff from Aria's missions.

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Yeah, it comes up in a side mission on the Citadel later. Look for the person named Officer Noles (I think she's on the Presidium) to start it. The Pillars of Strength improve that war asset but don't unlock it.

Oh alright thanks! :)

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Utritum posted:

Just to clarify further: The event is saving Anderson's life during the final debate with the Illusive Man.

What does "saving" mean in this context? I had a pretty good war score, but TIM still controlled me so I gutshot Anderson, then I later got a renegade prompt to kill TIM before he could execute Anderson. But he appeared to die, some minutes later, due to the stomach wound.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Amish Ninja posted:

Somebody mentioned that the infiltrator slow-zoom doesn't work anymore, right? I've barely played, but started up sentinel and the number of different abilities was kind of annoying. Versatility is nice and all, and I don't mind having more buttons to press but they seem kind of redundant.
It does work, but it's only something like a 10% slowdown. Just barely noticeable if you're watching for it and not nearly enough to be helpful. You can get a mod called concentration or perception or something like that which adds a lot to the slowdown if it's something you want.

quote:

What other classes are people having the most fun with? I see a lot of endorsement for vanguard. Is it more interesting than just charge->nova all day?

If killing an entire squad in seconds by body slamming them from across the map and then making yourself explode isn't interesting to you then I just don't know how to help you.

I wasn't completely sold on vanguard until the 'rescue the krogan female' mission. Right at the point where you hit a choke point where Cerberus is setting up turrets and your squad mates start shout about flanking, I managed to charge in and clear the entire group before Liara finished telling me the turrets would kill us all. And it was so guddamn sweet.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

The Aberrant posted:

Well, you can't really expect much from Jessica "Licked a PSP" Chobot or w/e the gently caress her name is.

That character just makes me think of Lumpy Space Princess from Adventure Time. I don't know if it's her voice, her word choice, her 'I didn't like you anyway' when you turn her down, or the massive puffiness of her face. I keep expecting her to say whatever and huff off.

cbservo
Dec 26, 2009

by exmarx

Marx posted:

I completely agree, the character adds literally nothing to the game. I hate to be one of 'those guys' but it's totally just pandering to the nerdiest portion of their base.

Hell, the Salarian that tells you to stop playing with the thing (spoiler:feces analyzer) on Sur'Kesh is a stronger, more eloquent and altogether better presented character than both Allers and Traynor combined.

I don't mind Traynor, at all- I prefer her to Kelly.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
Spoiler guff

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Don't quote it god drat it

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Marx posted:

I hate to be one of 'those guys' but it's totally just pandering to the nerdiest portion of their base.

I don't see how. Her character model is frumpy as gently caress. I thought it was cute how one of her lines was some version of "They just make me attractive in post."

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Zinnia Jones posted:

gently caress you

Maybe you could, you know, not quute that entirely so it's spread to another page?

melon farmer
Oct 28, 2009

My boy says he can eat fifty eggs, he can eat fifty eggs!

kater posted:

The game is pretty explicit about what having Maelon's data does. The cure was derived from the Krogan Maelon cured, not his data. Mordin repeatedly states that having it is helping her recover though. Which I'm fine with. I haven't progressed much past that point but it's elegant and feelsgud and seems like it *might* be important later.

Are you sure? Yes Eve is cured, but doesn't Mordin need Maelon's data to spread the cure to all Krogan? This is what I've been reading online, but I'm happy to be proven wrong.

Or are you saying that The genophage can be cured no matter what, but Eve will die without Maelon's data?

CaptainCarrot
Jun 9, 2010

white house negro posted:

Can we stop spreading this misinformation unless someone proves this to be incorrect?

http://social.bioware.com/forum/Mas...-9665384-1.html
This is a lie. Plain and simple. You cannot get the best ending without 5000 warscore, and you can't do that without multiplayer.

Falathrim
May 7, 2007

I could shoot someone if it would make you feel better.
First of all, sorry if this has been answered.

I modded my ME2 save file to trick the game into thinking my male Shepard had been in a same-sex relationship with Kaidan. Will importing this save file into ME3 break my game now that Kaidan is actually romanceable as a manshep, or is the game able to work around that?

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Zinnia Jones posted:

gently caress you

You are a total moron.

Extra Smooth Balls
Apr 13, 2005

cbservo posted:

I don't mind Traynor, at all- I prefer her to Kelly.

I like Traynor, you can chill over a game of chess with her. :3:

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

clammy posted:

Has anybody seen the part where EDI uses the sword from Wraithwall's tomb to destroy Conrad Verner, killing all chance of romance with him and allowing Kaidan to make his own destiny, even if that means that eventually he will invent a nuclear-powered breakfast cereal that will eventually kill him? (Of course this might create a dark age so lol sorry hungry humans!) What about when Javik uses the bootleg Lion King DVDs to take control of all domestic automobiles? Oxford comma ending? Shepard uses statistical analysis to merge seventeen trillion tons of orange juice (no pulp) and a shitton of vodka, making the universe's largest screwdriver through the power of SPACE MAGIC?

edit: Whoops, sorry; wrong thread.

goddamnit

CaptainCarrot
Jun 9, 2010

Dreggon posted:

Wait, you mean that this isn't a possible ending? I can't imagine why they wouldn't put something like this in.

As far as I can tell, basically every ending goes like this:
"Alright, we defeated the Reapers!"
"Yeah!"
"Nice job!"
"Great work, Shepard!"

"..."
"..."
"..."
"...Anyone want a drink?"
Vega: "To the Reapers!" [stunned pause] "May they burn in hell!"
Liara: "To the ones we lost along the way."
[specific eulogies]
EDI: "To Shepard, without whom none of us would be here now."

melon farmer
Oct 28, 2009

My boy says he can eat fifty eggs, he can eat fifty eggs!

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

goddamnit

I like your endings maybe you could go write for bioware ok

Utritum
May 2, 2009
College Slice

ymgve posted:

What does "saving" mean in this context? I had a pretty good war score, but TIM still controlled me so I gutshot Anderson, then I later got a renegade prompt to kill TIM before he could execute Anderson. But he appeared to die, some minutes later, due to the stomach wound.

Yeah, I could have phrased it better, but the gist of it is that Anderson survives the scene. He will die afterwards no matter what, but having that last conversation should trigger the reduced required EMS score.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

I'm sure this has been asked before but I don't want to read through the thread, as I am concerned of spoilers.

Is there a similer point of no return, like the reaper IFF in mass effect 2, when after you do that mission there's no time to do other missions?

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

The Aberrant posted:

Ever since a friend when looking at my screen thought she was Snooki, I can't unsee it.

freeforumuser
Aug 11, 2007

LibbyM posted:

I'm sure this has been asked before but I don't want to read through the thread, as I am concerned of spoilers.

Is there a similer point of no return, like the reaper IFF in mass effect 2, when after you do that mission there's no time to do other missions?

Yes. When it shows itself it's pretty obvious.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
There is a mod for sniper rifles that gives the slow-mo thing, at least that's how I interpreted it. I can't possibly be hosed to test it because I roll Engineer all the way.

Weltnarok
Dec 27, 2009

DMBFan23 posted:

I like your endings maybe you could go write for bioware ok

I'm sure Bioware uses the same criteria when hiring its fanfic wr-talented writing geniuses.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Spoiler poo poo

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

CaptainCarrot posted:

This is a lie. Plain and simple. You cannot get the best ending without 5000 warscore, and you can't do that without multiplayer.

You can get it with 4k though which is doable without MP (though you have to perfectly make every decision in 1,2, and 3). You have to use MP if you mess up some decisions.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

A savegame editor that could change warscore would really just take care of this nonsense.

CaptainCarrot
Jun 9, 2010

Lawlicaust posted:

You can get it with 4k though which is doable without MP (though you have to perfectly make every decision in 1,2, and 3). You have to use MP if you mess up some decisions.
Again, no. You can have 7k assets max, which get cut to 3500 if you don't do multiplayer.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Is it even possible to save Mordin? Paragon interrupt didn't do poo poo.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Rei_ posted:

My big problem right now is never having any loving ammo. I constantly feel like I'm out of bullets despite landing the majority of my shots, once I upgrade my shotgun a bit I'm sure I can biotic charge more safely, but right now I feel like I'm spending most of my fights whittling down people with Pull by the end.

Hey I was feeling the same until I got the geth assault rifle. 550 bullets and %100 accuracy does wonders.

The Year 20XX
Mar 26, 2008

Minimal typos.
Quarian/geth question: I just blew up the Reaper on Rannoch, and now I have to choose between the quarians and the geth. There isn't any sort of "peace" option. Did I not do enough to work towards peace, and now I have to choose one or the other?

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!

CaptainCarrot posted:

Again, no. You can have 7k assets max, which get cut to 3500 if you don't do multiplayer.

This man is correct. You cannot get the "best" ending without Multiplayer. Granted, you only need a few hours of multiplayer but you do need it nonetheless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cbservo
Dec 26, 2009

by exmarx

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Is it even possible to save Mordin? Paragon interrupt didn't do poo poo.

From what I've heard, Mordin OR Wrex dies. You have to choose.

• Locked thread