Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

JaundiceDave posted:

hahahahahahahhaha pre-endgame spoilers you walk in on garrus and tali in whatever room garrus hangs out in before the final mission if you didnt romance either of them. garrus uses the old 'i thought she had a puncture in her visor' excuse
I'm happy for them, Garrus & Tali were always my go to team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Mass Effect 3:

I just finished it at about 5 this morning.

let me be fair, and disclaimer everything by mentioning my rabid fanboyism of this series.

I'm thinking I either have some "poo poo the series is loving OVER" grief going on, or that I'm really unfulfilled with the ending(s)

Its not that they are bad. Although I'm not exactly pleased with the ToddlerGODGhost pidgeonholing me into a neat little GOOD/NEUTRAL/BAD (with no real "good" option) Ending

Its just mainly, I cant speak for every one, but for me, poo poo I'm just going to be nice and spoiler all this... Shep surviving at the end of the game was not in any way an important part of the story, to be fair if they wanted to conclude shep's story FINE. Kill him. That being said, There was no closure for the summation of all of shep's choices and interactions with the various organizations, entities and individuals. YES, you get london, which was a great segment and perfectly done. Hell I can forgive and admire 99% of this game as the epic conclusion to one of my most admired series ever.
So, as an uber paragon shep, who has successully brokered peace among every race in the galaxy, saved the universe at least thrice, and tried to be noble dude, (with the exception of a few renegade interrupts, Udina, you punk bitch.) I just was hit with Harbinger's Laser, (you know the one that would destroy an Alliance Dreadnought with ONE hit) I think, everyone I started this jog with is dead, or it seems that way. No wait, Anderson is alive.. Ok..... Good scene ensues, More good mass effecting....OK. WAITAJUSTADAMNMINUTE. Who is ToddlerGODghost? and I have 3 choices? ANDERSON IS DEAD?? WAITAMINUTE IM REEELING HERE.....

Option A: Destroy all the reapers. (ok i can live with that) Oh and by the way, You'll also most likely kill The Geth (who we just spent much time brokering peace with), EDI (poor joker), and possibly yourself. ALSO the cycle is not broken, eventually synthetics and organics will repeat this extinction cycle. THE MASS RELAYS ARE DESTROYED. The entire galaxy's fighting force is stranded in the SOL system. The Normandy is somewhere, with some people who may or may not have died on Earth. -Ok Super Paragon Shep Cant do that.

Option B: Control the reapers. (Didnt we just deal with someone who wanted to do that?) I'll say this one was my 2nd pick, I have not honestly tried it yet, I'm sure I will just to verify that Its not "better". Shep "Dies". The cycle will continue, in some unspecified way that shep is impled to control. The mass relays are disabled. The Normandy is somewhere, with some people who may or may not have died on Earth.-Seemed a bit too illusive man for me, didnt do it.

Option C: Complete the cycle, sacrifice yourself to unify organic and machine life (in some unspecified way) THE MASS RELAYS ARE DESTROYED. The entire galaxy's fighting force is stranded in the SOL system. The Normandy is somewhere, with some people who may or may not have died on Earth. Shep is JesusNeo. -I did this option, as it seemed the most fitting end (OUT OF THE CHOICES) for Shepard.

(TO BE FAIR, I UNDERSTAND THE NECCESSITY OF GRIMDARKREALISMGRITTYGREYREALLIFE. But while a cliche "happy ending" could never happen here, a happy ending while remembering exactly whom had been lost would be that realistic dark feel while allowing shep to not have to become Jack Bauer of the drat galaxy, and then sacrifice himself at the end to boot would not have killed anyone.)
OK.... Ending mini-rant aside,
But then this is where I get kicked in the balls.
Bam. I turn Green, become super MegaDataExtreme, and the Normandy is going somewhere, real quick... ok... is it racing away from earth? is the Citadel going to blow up? Isn't the Citadel at Earth? Won't Earth blow up?
Ok, the Normandy is ok.. just crashed. Somewhere. With Joker and EDI.. and they are cybery.

Credits.

*WAAAAAAAAAITING.. because odviously they cant leave it like that*

HA! Knew it. Cutscene.

.... Ok. What the gently caress does this mean? Is it implying that its all a made up story? or an ancient myth?

Great, I am the Shepard.

Thats about my experience with the ending of Mass Effect 3 in a nutshell. I think dissapointed does not even begin to do it justice. I could have lived with the endings really, I just want to know what happens to all the characters, societies, organizations and planets that I apparently made all these big descisions about, and agonized over how exactly I wanted to handle. All of these variables, just pissed away, into a neatly scripted list that doesnt seem to effect anything in the ending at all save you get 2... or 3 choices. well whoopedy loving doo. I JUST SENT THE GALAXY BACK TO PREWARP TIMES IN AN EFFORT TO "SAVE" IT, and I have no idea who is alive or dead, or how all of my descisions play out. Because, I'm SpaceNeoJesus.

If you make me buy the epilogue as DLC, in order just to find out what happens. I will buy it. But gently caress You, thats the last time I go all fanboy until a trilogy is completely done, and reviewed before I buy anymore. I just expected some better closure then some 20 second of forest cyberJoker. I finished the game at 5AM yesterday after an all nighter. I spent from 5am to around 1pm trying to figure out what I had done wrong.

I saved the loving universe. I should be elated.

EDIT: SERIOUSLY. If you are going to kill the main Character. See Red Dead Redemption on how to do it. I did not have this kind of anguish at the end of RDR, I just knew i had a motherfucker to kill.

As it is, I have to hope that EA decides to charge me for the privilege of having an ending that I dont feel is an utter crock of poo poo. which is about the most rediculous and stupid thing ever.

I still think 99% of the game is pretty drat magnificent. but yeah, I'm pretty drat soured on the thing.

TehRedWheelbarrow fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Mar 9, 2012

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

As I'm still nosing around to hear anything about the potential better ending from a NG+ game, I came across this post over on the Bioware forums regarding a player suggested option:

Quoted from Faraborne at the Bioware forums:
I received this from a friend who just beat ME3. This was his solution to the ending problem:

Proposal is as follows:
There should be a fourth option available at the end - and the beauty of it is that it would naturally branch in a way that satisfies both of the outcomes people are asking for.

Right now, the Guardian presents us with three options - destroy, control, and merge. Each are depressingly self-destructive in their own ways, and as we all know, we have no choice but to pick one. DLC could add a fourth option: REFUSE.

Shepard stabs a defiant finger in the Guardian's chest and declares it is not their right to "protect" us from the consequences of our own actions. If peace was forged between the Quarians and the Geth, Shepard cites that as proof that the Guardian's premise of inevitable conflict between synthetics and organics is wrong. If not, Shepard can simply deny the Guardian's conclusion and declare that we're going to go down fighting. Shepard delivers an ultimatum: take your abominations and go. Whether we live as a civilization or die by our own hand is a choice to be left to every one of us. So, f*** you very much, but thanks for thinking of us.

The Guardian blows off Shepard's ultimatum, and the Reapers continue to fight. At this point, the outcome is out of your hands. Shepard watches, unable to intervene, as the fleets continue to engage, the forces of the galaxy attempting to defeat the Reapers once and for all in conventional combat. The Guardian taunts you, trying to goad you into choosing one of the three options it offered, while assuming the forms of different people you've lost along the way: Virmire casualty, Anderson, and your love interest, dead or alive, just to screw with you. You can change your mind, or continue to stand and watch. If you gathered enough war assets (as in, much higher than the required amount for the "perfect" ending we're given now), the Reapers are defeated at horrific cost, but the Relay network remains intact, and Shepard gets to reunite with his/her LI and squad provided the Normandy survived the fight (itself dependent on other criteria). This would be the hardest ending to achieve, requiring the greatest effort and providing the most reward. You would really have to work your rear end off to do this, but as evidenced by this poll, most of the people here would be willing to try.

If you didn't have enough resources, the Reapers emerge victorious, and, having defeated the combined military might of the galaxy, they are free to harvest everyone else. The cycle continues. They win. Either way, you get to spit in the devil's face once more instead of bowing to the invariably self-destructive choice he offers you.

Me: I personally think this solution would be profound. Furthermore, it really gives five endings for the game. If you we're not fully prepared for the war, then Shepherd allows the Reapers to win without sacrificing his integrity (which would be a major win in my book). Finally, if you were fully prepared then you receive the most rewarding ending possible with what I think could potentially be one of the most creative boss fights in gaming history...a battle of wills alone.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/355/index/9655768/19#9704889 **Link leads to heavy spoilers and much wailing and gnashing of teeth**

I think this could work pretty well since it fits more in the vein of the previous games themes rather than the 'ZOMG!!1! last game in series needs to be deep since this is it!' crap we got .

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I just completed the game and apparently when you have to make the choice you can go to either the red or blue side? Only the red side had a path appear for it so I had to do that and got that bad ending. Was this a monumentally lovely bug or did I just do something wrong during the game? I was kinda bummed to see all my comrades on Earth disintegrate.

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

nthalp posted:

I still think 99% of the game is pretty drat magnificent. but yeah, I'm pretty drat soured on the thing.

Option A is obviously the best because Anderson would have done it :colbert:. I went with that ending because it seemed the logical thing for Shepard to do, in a game about self-determination, to give the biggest amount of people possible the chance to determine their fate for themselves. It also ends the quest started in Mass Effect 1, defeating the Reapers.

Frankston posted:

I just completed the game and apparently when you have to make the choice you can go to either the red or blue side? Only the red side had a path appear for it so I had to do that and got that bad ending. Was this a monumentally lovely bug or did I just do something wrong during the game? I was kinda bummed to see all my comrades on Earth disintegrate.

You didn't have enough war assets. Better luck next time. :shepface:

Some of the endings need specific amount of war assets to unlock, and even then if you don't have enough some endings can destroy Earth.

Ham fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Mar 9, 2012

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

I admit I'm a bit of a Bioware fanboy (I was hyped about BG1 even before it came out and was on their boards) so I liked the ending up till the very final cinema. There's some drat fine voice acting from male Shep in the run up to it. The in game "acting" and the voice acting really make you feel him as a tired mother fucker who's given everything on his crusade. The last scene with Andersen was amazing.

I even liked the acting while he limps along with the kid. The kid was kinda lame, but again I liked how Shep looked like a beaten tired bastard. He's no longer pontificating or interrogating. He just wants to know what he needs to do to end this poo poo.

Bioware just dropped the ball in the absolute finale in a spectacular way. Where is the Normandy going? What the hell does it mean for synthetics and organics to combine?

I also can't believe that they didn't give us an option for a regular god damned action movie ending. After all the awesome bro combat bonding in the games there should have been something where poo poo's exploding and people inexplicably outrun the explosion and they smoke cigars during the credits.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Frankston posted:

You had way too little military strength going into the final battle.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Frankston posted:

You didn't have enough war assets.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Hm, thanks. Oh well. To be honest I was starting to get bored and just wanted to end it anyway.

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.

Fenrir posted:

See, and that's honestly all nonsense to me. I didn't want some bizarre god end. I'd have been happy as poo poo with a picture of Shep and Liara on a beach somewhere. Garrus helping Tali build her new house (Those two romance if you didn't romance either). Ten thousand Geth saying "We are... Legion." Joker teaching EDI to laugh. Vega and Ashley playing poker. That would have been the catharsis. I could go on but you get the idea. Story over. Good guys won.

Then, because this is a ME game where choices build your future, there should be another where none of that happens and people die all over the place. Make the good one hard to get and make this what most people see when they first finish the game. Give me a reason to get it right.

Maybe another in the middle that is halfway between? I don't know.

I wanted a resolution to Shepard's story, not some deus ex machina about the whole galaxy. I didn't play this game because of the galaxy, I played it because of Shepard and the people around her that gave everything to save it. That's what I wanted to see.

Completely agree with this. I wanted the Crucible to fire some shot that blew up all reapers. I wanted Shepard to be hailed as the galaxy's greatest hero. I wanted to see everyone starting to rebuild, especially now that pretty much all races are unified. But instead...

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Ham posted:

Option A is obviously the best because Anderson would have done it :colbert:. I went with that ending because it seemed the logical thing for Shepard to do, in a game about self-determination, to give the biggest amount of people possible the chance to determine their fate for themselves. It also ends the quest started in Mass Effect 1, defeating the Reapers.

yeah. I just didnt see why I had to kill all synthetic life. didnt seem paragon-y enough

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Nickname Pending posted:

Completely agree with this. I wanted the Crucible to fire some shot that blew up all reapers. I wanted Shepard to be hailed as the galaxy's greatest hero. I wanted to see everyone starting to rebuild, especially now that pretty much all races are unified. But instead...

Yes! Exactly! (Ending Spoilers) And I'd even be cool with you having to get a certain rating for this to even be possible. Hell, that's what I expected. Say, you get X amount to prevent complete destruction, then have to get X*2 amount (high as gently caress) to get that good end I talked about. I'd play like a motherfucker for that. I want Shepard to be decorated in a ceremony and retire with her LI and the lives of all these people she's interacted with to be devoted to the new, reaper-free galaxy... not stranded on some gilligan's planet or DEAD. They really dropped the ball here.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

M_Sinistrari posted:

:words:

Wow. Someone on the BSN forums with a lick of sense. Bioware, hire that guy. He's a better writer by far than the trained chimp who wrote the current ending.

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

nthalp posted:

yeah. I just didnt see why I had to kill all synthetic life. didnt seem paragon-y enough

Yea, my Shepard was extremely paragon, but I think they were trying to make it so all the endings are morally ambiguous anyway, so it doesn't matter...

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

I would prefer neither. MMOs are all terrible and while I wasn't super pleased with the ending Mass Effect did in fact end, something a lot of game series forget they're supposed to do.

The ME universe is pretty well realized. I think its very natural for there to be spinoffs or sequels for ME. Maybe a subscription MMO would be bad, but something Guild Wars 2 style would be great. The coop multiplayer is already pretty fantastic.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Has anyone ever installed shadow broker for ME2? I have downloaded it about eight times today, 12 loving gigs, and I get NSIS errors every loving time. Three browsers, with/without download managers, while hopping up and down and praying to baal, and nothing. And you closed the ME series thread so I have to wade into here with the ME3 spoilers to find out if anyone has ever, ever had this problem

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

r1ngwthszzors posted:

The ME universe is pretty well realized. I think its very natural for there to be spinoffs or sequels for ME. Maybe a subscription MMO would be bad, but something Guild Wars 2 style would be great. The coop multiplayer is already pretty fantastic.

Well, the problem is, destroying the pillars of the galaxy (relays, citadel) kinda fucks the future in the face, doesn't it?

tehllama
Apr 30, 2009

Hook, swing.

Nickname Pending posted:

I agree, and while I understand the impulse to try and make the story "darker" and therefore more real, this isn't the place and if it were this was about a lovely an attempt as you can get. Mac Walters, you aren't Cormac McCarthy and if you had his gifts and did want to kill Shepard you would have restructured the entire third chapter of the game so it was well done. I just don't get how so much of the character writing could be so well done and the closing narrative so lovely

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

Fenrir posted:

Yes! Exactly! (Ending Spoilers) And I'd even be cool with you having to get a certain rating for this to even be possible. Hell, that's what I expected. Say, you get X amount to prevent complete destruction, then have to get X*2 amount (high as gently caress) to get that good end I talked about. I'd play like a motherfucker for that. I want Shepard to be decorated in a ceremony and retire with her LI and the lives of all these people she's interacted with to be devoted to the new, reaper-free galaxy... not stranded on some gilligan's planet or DEAD. They really dropped the ball here.

Honestly, if the game could end like that, I'd probably have hated it. I prefer dark endings, but with at least some explanation about how my actions affect people.

Fenrir posted:

Well, the problem is, destroying the pillars of the galaxy (relays, citadel) kinda fucks the future in the face, doesn't it?

Not necessarily. At the end of the game tons of Reaper technology still exists, and the protheans managed to create their own Mass Relay. It's not far off to consider that people would be able to develop Mass Relays again, also considering that you still have intragalactic communication methods, the quantum entanglement devices, so you can coordinate between different species.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I know nothing about ME as a series other then the romances are a little creepy, and haven't been interested in it. However, a friend of mine has said she wanted to play 2/3 having just finished Mass Effect 1; Is there anything that's vital to know about ME 1, or the series in general?

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.

Fenrir posted:

Pretty much. Over the entire trilogy, I was really expecting the satisfying destruction of the reapers. I wanted all of the choices up to that point to really make a difference, so I worked hard trying to make every choice and get a lot of assets. I wanted to see what happened with the geth and the quarians, with krogan and turians/salarians. I wanted to see how the crew of the Normandy came out of the mess. I wanted to see the peace the galaxy finally deserved. But now, we get a bunch of half-assed endings that seemed completely rushed and came out of nowhere. None of the choices really felt right. And sadly, this is the end of Mass Effect.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
I don't want a drat spinoff. I want my drat epilogue.

IF they wanted me to buy another game to get my epilogue, they should have told me that up front. Hell I'm barely willing to BUY anything to FIX the game. But I'll do the $10.. $20 even.

But gently caress YOU for doing it.

I hoped that EA would not ruin BW. (sigh)

but I wont be buying a spinoff game. Not a chance in hell.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Ham posted:

Honestly, if the game could end like that, I'd probably have hated it. I prefer dark endings, but with at least some explanation about how my actions affect people.

Not necessarily. At the end of the game tons of Reaper technology still exists, and the protheans managed to create their own Mass Relay. It's not far off to consider that people would be able to develop Mass Relays again, also considering that you still have intragalactic communication methods, the quantum entanglement devices, so you can coordinate between different species.

It's not even that bad anyway. According to the Codex, the Reapers travel at about 30 light years per day, and it says specifically that this is about twice as fast as Council ships can go. The Milky Way is about one hundred thousand light years across, so at Reaper speeds it would take about 9 years to cross, and Council speeds, about 18 years. Obviously you don't have to travel the whole galaxy to get to every star system. The fleets that come to earth could probably spend some time gathering resources and then make the trip. If you saved the Quarians, then they brought their liveships, which means the Turians won't be hosed, either. It would be difficult, but people could make it back. And like you said, it's not like it's impossible to recreate the Mass Relays, it would probably just take a while.

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster
You know, I kind of figured the crucible would Destroy the Earth along with the bulk of the Reaper fleet, thereby enabling conventional victory. What I didn't expect was an Evangelion-style mindfuck. Would it have been so hard to maintain the mood of the game those final few minutes instead of blowing it all on... Whatever the hell that was just now? Holy gently caress, I spent the last two hours more enthralled than I've ever been with -any- game and then it just spirals off the rails at the very last second.

...At least I probably won't have to buy a sequel?

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

Lemming posted:

It's not even that bad anyway. According to the Codex, the Reapers travel at about 30 light years per day, and it says specifically that this is about twice as fast as Council ships can go. The Milky Way is about one hundred thousand light years across, so at Reaper speeds it would take about 9 years to cross, and Council speeds, about 18 years. Obviously you don't have to travel the whole galaxy to get to every star system. The fleets that come to earth could probably spend some time gathering resources and then make the trip. If you saved the Quarians, then they brought their liveships, which means the Turians won't be hosed, either. It would be difficult, but people could make it back. And like you said, it's not like it's impossible to recreate the Mass Relays, it would probably just take a while.

Speculation:

One thing council ships lack is fuel. I don't think they can sustain such long space-flights, the Reapers had their own seemingly infinite power-source which...I guess the forces in Sol and everywhere else with Reapers can obtain now?

I wish they'd make a decent epilogue to the game, which should definitely be free. No need to change the endings, just explain them better.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
Seriously?

No explanation of what happened? Wtf happened to my crew? Legion? Grunt? It feels like I jumped from a new hope to return of the Jedi.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Just got past my first zero-gravity walk boarding the Geth dreadnought.

Who the gently caress thought that part would be interesting to play :psyduck:

tehllama
Apr 30, 2009

Hook, swing.
As someone pointed out on Bioware's forums why the gently caress didn't they end the playable part with you and Anderson sitting down on the citadel? Why append the insane poo poo at the end at all?

CaptainCarrot
Jun 9, 2010
What Priority mission locks out Grissom Academy? I'd like to level up as much as possible before dealing with that balls-hard fight.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

It lasted like 3 minutes, what's the big deal.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I guess they learned nothing from the horrible Knights of the Old Republic water level.

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

tehllama posted:

As someone pointed out on Bioware's forums why the gently caress didn't they end the playable part with you and Anderson sitting down on the citadel? Why append the insane poo poo at the end at all?

Sequel/spin-off

Wouldn't be surprised if they publish a post-ending DLC, because I don't see how they could make any DLC that could sell well for it considering the ending and it's implications. Why recruit new squad-members or take on new war assets if you already know what happens and the inevitability of it? I definitely don't see people buying any pre-ending DLC for it, except maybe multiplayer packs?

Genderfluid
Jun 18, 2009

my mom is a slut

CaptainCarrot posted:

What Priority mission locks out Grissom Academy? I'd like to level up as much as possible before dealing with that balls-hard fight.

no idea why people were making such a big deal out of that fight. then again i'm playing on hardcore not insanity, so ymmv

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

kevdude posted:

It lasted like 3 minutes, what's the big deal.

That's 3 minutes that I could have been doing something cool. Instead I was walking in slow motion.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
So, why didn't they have a scale where the longer you wait/the more assets you have, the more screwed Earth is and the more people die, but the better the chances of you winning are? Like, if you go too early, you fail and everything dies. You go just as soon as you can push off the Reapers, and allied forces take huge losses, but the Reapers get fought off. I mean, getting each asset takes time, right? Time that the Reapers are busy Reaping. So more assets = more dead humans and a more devastated Earth, possibly with more damage to other alien colonies, but a better central government still in place after the fact.

And then have a bit where Shep can choose to sacrifice herself so that another crewmember can live, or something. Then you get your bittersweet ending and someone gets Shepard living happily. And, it fits with the paragon/renegade bit, as well as some of the space racism of the first game. That kind of ending would still be missing some of the AI v sentient beings theme, but I bet you could work that in with ending choices like killing all AIs/VIs to avert a possible singularity or just taking your chances. It wouldn't be that different from the Krogan, really. Use non-heretic Geth against the Reapers and then have to deal with sentient AIs after the Reapers are done, or use a virus that hurts the Reapers and wipes out all Geth in the process.

If I wanted transhumanism, I'd have played DXHR again.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

etalian posted:

I guess they learned nothing from the horrible Knights of the Old Republic water level.

Don't remind of that awful level. Between the slow water movement and the "hippie aliens", that part always puts me off on replaying the game.

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

JaundiceDave posted:

no idea why people were making such a big deal out of that fight. then again i'm playing on hardcore not insanity, so ymmv

I was on hardcore as infiltrator and I took that mission as soon as it popped up. Got destroyed a lot, turret + atlas + engineer (repairing Atlas constantly) as well as guardians flanking you from every side was just too much. Fun level anyway.

That's 3 minutes that I could have been doing something cool. Instead I was walking in slow motion.

And talking to Tali :allears:

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

ColHannibal posted:

Seriously?

No explanation of what happened? Wtf happened to my crew? Legion? Grunt? It feels like I jumped from a new hope to return of the Jedi.

This thread moves too fast.

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster
Another thing. Where the gently caress were the reapers in all this? They had more of a narrative presence in the two games before their arrival than they did in this one. I assumed I would get a chance to face down Harbinger. That I would be personally menaced by them somehow, that they would start to creep their way into my head from overexposure. In the end, all I got was a brief dialogue with a half-dead nobody destroyer.

This wouldn't be so infuriating if the rest of the game weren't so drat endearing. What the gently caress happened at Bioware? Did the studio catch fire at the end of production?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
I would think they would make combination multiplayer and single player dlc. However, considering that you can buy the mp booster packs for Bioware/MS points I'm pretty sure they will just be separate.

:tinfoil: Maybe the point of the ending being so universally hated is to sell dlc. Many people have said they would buy new ending dlc. It's all some evil EA plot. :tinfoil:

I say that jokingly but I honestly don't know about Bioware anymore. Before DA2, I wouldn't have even said it jokingly... Now though...

• Locked thread