Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carwin
Feb 7, 2008

A hazard to himself and others.

victorious posted:

Maybe going slightly off-topic, but using the image data off letterboxd.com and some quick copy/pasting, I made a couple of wallpapers using the posters for all the movies I'd logged on the site. There's probably websites that do this for you, but I thought I'd kill some time.

(Also I'm plugging letterboxd.com because it's a cool site)

Oh wow, those are awesome! Makes my desktop look like the world's most fantastically baffling Netflix UI. Can't find my icons anymore, but oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

300 was released in 2006. This film was released in August 2011.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
...and Rip Torn. Sigh.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style
Kristanna Loken :(

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Mister Chief posted:

Getting a real Tony Tango vibe from that guy in the front there.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

echoplex posted:

Kristanna Loken :(

Why does everyone like Kristanna Loken? She has literally never been in anything good. From Mortal Kombat: Conquest to T3 to Painkiller Jane to Bloodrayne, everything she is in is absolute poo poo, and she is poo poo in it.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

TheJoker138 posted:

Why does everyone like Kristanna Loken? She has literally never been in anything good. From Mortal Kombat: Conquest to T3 to Painkiller Jane to Bloodrayne, everything she is in is absolute poo poo, and she is poo poo in it.

I feel bad for anyone whose career clearly doesn't pan out they way they'd hope. Doing stuff like this is obviously a paycheque but at what point do you think about giving up on your dream and getting an office job? The fall from grace from T3 (relatively speaking) must have hurt.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

TheJoker138 posted:

I have no idea. Whenever I hear her name I'm just reminded of this :nws: scene and then I just laugh and laugh.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

echoplex posted:

I feel bad for anyone whose career clearly doesn't pan out they way they'd hope. Doing stuff like this is obviously a paycheque but at what point do you think about giving up on your dream and getting an office job? The fall from grace from T3 (relatively speaking) must have hurt.

I don't know man, it's probably bad, but it's not any worse than MK: Conquest was I bet. She probably feels at home doing horrible b-grade stuff now. She should run with it, and become the female equivalent of Bruce Campbell.

E: VVV Touche.

Vince MechMahon fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Mar 11, 2012

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Campbell has charisma and isn't a terrible actor though.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

TheJoker138 posted:

Because her name pretty much declares that there's a 70 percent chance of breasts in this movie.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Mister Chief posted:

Is this the sequel to "Meet the Spartans" or something? Cuz i honestly thought thats what it was at first glance of the poster. Also Tony Cox is all these spoof movies and he sucks. At least Will Sasso has some talent at comedy and Loken and Monk are attractive.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

oldpainless posted:

Tony Cox is all these spoof movies and he sucks.
I just looked at his IMDB page, and holy poo poo he really is in almost all of them - right back to goddamned I'm Gonna Git You Sucka (which I don't remember sucking, at least).

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

TetsuoTW posted:

Campbell has charisma and is a terrible actor though.

Fixed that for you.

But I don't know, as long as you can get steady work I don't think doing these kind of b-movies is really that bad. I imagine they pay fairly decent and you have a good time on set, so unless you were hoping on getting a serious business career, I can't see what the problem is. Atleast you are still working.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

TetsuoTW posted:

Campbell has charisma and isn't a terrible actor though.

Plus he was in Army of Darkness, and he at least appeared in some blockbusters like the Spider-Man movies. Putting him at the same level as Kristinna Loken, who was a robotic villain with hardly any dialogue in one mainstream movie and a bunch of direct to video crap isn't a fair comparison.

Also, a 300 parody? In 2012? Really?

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

I went looking around for posters...

I love this one. I adore it. And I lost the chance to buy it. :(

I love the pretty art in this one.

I'm trying to ignore the cartoony eyes in Cesare,because I like a lot the artistic style in The Cabinet of Dr.Caligari's movie and posters.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Desperado Bones posted:

I love this one. I adore it. And I lost the chance to buy it. :(

It's a good poster. It was re-used as the box art for the 1980's computer game based on the movie, so I know the art well. What I didn't realise was that Bruno "Hitler" Ganz and Isabelle Adjani were in it. I don't normally bother with Kinski movies, but I may have to check this one out.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Jedit posted:

I don't normally bother with Kinski movies (...)

How come?

The Triumphant
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah, I've seen Robocop. Bitches, leave.

Jedit posted:

It's a good poster. It was re-used as the box art for the 1980's computer game based on the movie, so I know the art well.

Wait. They made a computer game based on the Werner Herzog version of Nosferatu?

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

How come?

Yeah... this means you either haven't seen or didn't like Aguirre, the Wrath of God, and both are sins.

The Triumphant posted:

Wait. They made a computer game based on the Werner Herzog version of Nosferatu?
I'd loving love for more video games based on Herzog movies. Any movie will do, really.

The Triumphant
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah, I've seen Robocop. Bitches, leave.

Cacator posted:

I'd loving love for more video games based on Herzog movies. Any movie will do, really.

BAD LIEUTENANT: PORT OF CALL NEW ORLEANS

PRESS "A" TO BE AN ABSOLUTE loving LUNATIC.

THERE ARE NO OTHER BUTTONS.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Dissapointed Owl posted:

How come?

Because he was a friggin' lunatic and I don't like watching people go insane on camera.

The Triumphant: there was indeed a licensed tie-in game for Herzog's remake. It was an isometric adventure game by Piranha Software, who released it on Amstrad CPC, ZX Spectrum and Commodore 64 in 1986.

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh

The Triumphant posted:

BAD LIEUTENANT: PORT OF CALL NEW ORLEANS

PRESS "A" TO BE AN ABSOLUTE loving LUNATIC.

THERE ARE NO OTHER BUTTONS.
You could probably just make a Saints Row character that looks like Nicolas Cage, and it would fit.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Moe_Rahn posted:

You could probably just make a Saints Row character that looks like Nicolas Cage, and it would fit.

Which is now exactly what I am going to do.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Jedit posted:

Because he was a friggin' lunatic and I don't like watching people go insane on camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4sg459P8m4
He was a ego-maniac with rage problems but I wouldn't go so far as calling him insane.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Moe_Rahn posted:

The canon Saint's Row boss is Jason Statham from Crank, sorry :colbert:

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such
Wow, I thought I was the only one who remembered MK: Conquest.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Croisquessein posted:

Wow, I thought I was the only one who remembered MK: Conquest.

I'm doing an entire series of articles on it over at the website I write for as part of a marathon of all Mortal Kombat related tv and films. It's...it's real, real bad. I'm trying to find the positives in every episode, but it's hard to loving do for some of them.

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

We're just gonna open our tool palette and... get some entities... how about some nice happy trees? We'll put them near this barn. Give that cow some shade... There.

TheJoker138 posted:

The canon Saint's Row boss is Jason Statham from Crank, sorry :colbert:

Why do you think they added co-op?

EDIT: Imagine THAT movie, now weep because it doesn't exist.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Irish Taxi Driver posted:

Why do you think they added co-op?

EDIT: Imagine THAT movie, now weep because it doesn't exist.

If the Crank guys have their way, it might actually be Crank 3. It's been something that people have brought up ever since it was announced they were doing the new Ghost Rider, and they actually acknowledged that they would love to have Cage in Crank 3 in an interview they did. So there is hope :unsmith:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

TheJoker138 posted:

I'm doing an entire series of articles on it over at the website I write for as part of a marathon of all Mortal Kombat related tv and films. It's...it's real, real bad. I'm trying to find the positives in every episode, but it's hard to loving do for some of them.

If you want to find positives, just try to think how they managed to make a fantasy/martial arts TV show at all when they had no money whatsoever to spend on it. I think they had something like three standing sets and one exterior location (which was a dirt service track in the woods) for all their filming.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Jedit posted:

If you want to find positives, just try to think how they managed to make a fantasy/martial arts TV show at all when they had no money whatsoever to spend on it. I think they had something like three standing sets and one exterior location (which was a dirt service track in the woods) for all their filming.

Yeah, I mention that a few times. The CGI is actually decent for their situation too, but there are times you can tell they blew the entire episodes budget for a 2 second shot of a completely stationary Goro standing on a cliff that has nothing to do with the rest of the episode.

Also, Jeffery Meek is loving AWESOME.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
Remember the poster for "Darling Companion" that just had a dog on it? No indication of what it was about or anything? Here it is for reference:

Mister Chief posted:

And here's the final poster and it's somehow infinitely worse.

I didn't know Patrick Duffy had gone into film. Also, Diane Keaton's face appears to be a mishmash of several unrelated faces.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Robert Denby posted:

Remember the poster for "Darling Companion" that just had a dog on it? No indication of what it was about or anything? Here it is for reference:

I didn't know Patrick Duffy had gone into film. Also, Diane Keaton's face appears to be a mishmash of several unrelated faces.

"With Kevin Kline as Steve Martin in 'Roxanne.'"

Parachute
May 18, 2003
Why does Diane Keaton wear a scarf all the time? I recently caught "Because I Said So" on TV a few weeks ago and she has her neck covered throughout the entire film.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Parachute posted:

Why does Diane Keaton wear a scarf all the time? I recently caught "Because I Said So" on TV a few weeks ago and she has her neck covered throughout the entire film.

She is a vampire and is hiding the bitemarks.

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Mar 12, 2012

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Robert Denby posted:

Her shirt has zero texture, and was there really no other place to put the actors' names but in the center, right between the two people? the dog looks way better though, and apparently grow some legs. It looks like it's gone from being a Corgi to a shepherd-type dog. Still, a vast improvement from the previous poster.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Parachute posted:

Old Lady Neck all looking like a de-balled scrotum, ragged wrinkles and flip-flop-flapping about the place as she talks and such.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

TheJoker138 posted:

Yeah, I mention that a few times. The CGI is actually decent for their situation too, but there are times you can tell they blew the entire episodes budget for a 2 second shot of a completely stationary Goro standing on a cliff that has nothing to do with the rest of the episode.

Also, Jeffery Meek is loving AWESOME.

Would you mind linking to the site you write for, if that's allowed? Sorry for the derail, but I don't have PMs yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Robert Denby posted:

I saw this on IMP.

Does anybody buy that they are looking at each other?