Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~
For half a second, I thought the dog was Kevin Kline's hand, and maybe it was a film about one man's tragic struggle against having Lassie attached to his wrist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

kiimo posted:

Does anybody buy that they are looking at each other?
I don't even buy that they're both human beings.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

victorious posted:

Maybe going slightly off-topic, but using the image data off letterboxd.com and some quick copy/pasting, I made a couple of wallpapers using the posters for all the movies I'd logged on the site. There's probably websites that do this for you, but I thought I'd kill some time.

(Also I'm plugging letterboxd.com because it's a cool site)

This is awesome. I wanna make a custom wallpaper of my favorite films. How! Where?!

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Red posted:

This is awesome. I wanna make a custom wallpaper of my favorite films. How! Where?!
I signed up to that site but they haven't emailed me yet.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

fenix down posted:

I signed up to that site but they haven't emailed me yet.

No? I got an email pretty much right away.

It seems like a pretty great idea, and could replace Criticker if it's done right.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I have no idea. Whenever I hear her name I'm just reminded of this :nws: scene and then I just laugh and laugh.

They show boobs on youtube now?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Jedit posted:

Would you mind linking to the site you write for, if that's allowed? Sorry for the derail, but I don't have PMs yet.

It's in my profile. I don't want to link to it cause I'm not the "I'M GONNA USE THESE BOARDS FOR ADVERTISING!" type, but it's there if you click the profile button.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

TheJoker138 posted:

It's in my profile. I don't want to link to it cause I'm not the "I'M GONNA USE THESE BOARDS FOR ADVERTISING!" type, but it's there if you click the profile button.

Bahaha, your avatar on that site is great. Was going to use that as my SA avatar when that thread was still around.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Lizard Combatant posted:

Bahaha, your avatar on that site is great. Was going to use that as my SA avatar when that thread was still around.

I used it on Facebook and Twitter for about a year when I first saw it, cause it's so loving insane. I was originally just going to use it for a placeholder on the site, but the other writers all thought it was funny, so I stuck with it. I consider it my old school GamePro Magazine writer avatar.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
This rules.

It's also not a real movie, so don't get your hopes up.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

Dissapointed Owl posted:

This rules.

Not only would a Walt Disney biopic be awesome, but that's a fantastic poster. I'm so disappointed that's not real.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

If you ever get to Disney World at the Hollywood Studios park is a great museum/movie that shows a lot of the history of Walt. Don't take your kids to see it, they will be bored out of their mind. They always keep threatening to replace it with something new, who knows how long it will remain. You walk through the museum and then end with a 30 minute movie. Its really fascinating.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/hollywood-studios/attractions/walt-disney-one-mans-dream/

quote:

Walt Disney: One Man's Dream, in Disney's Hollywood Studios theme park, is a multimedia gallery attraction for Guests of all ages. Take a self-guided tour through the exhibits of photographs, audio interviews and memorabilia that tell the story of Walt Disney—the man whose life accomplishments still intrigue and inspire people the world over.

Specifically created to commemorate the 100th anniversary of Walt Disney's birth, Walt Disney: One Man's Dream is a trip through time that starts with his birth in 1901 in Chicago, Illinois and continues through his inventions, innovations and visions for a company that has become synonymous with magic.

Among the 400-plus artifacts that are rotated through the Walt Disney: One Man's Dream gallery are:

•Audio and film clips that contain previously unseen footage and interviews with Walt Disney
•Model for the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror attraction
•Models of Main Street, U.S.A. from Disneyland Resort
•Planning model for Disney's California Adventure theme park
•Scaled replicas of Sleeping Beauty castle in Disneyland Resort and Disneyland Paris Resort
•Special Academy Award statues for Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
•Walt Disney's second-grade school desk

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Dissapointed Owl posted:

This rules.

Thanks for putting the disclaimer after that awesome poster, you jerk. :arghfist::(

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

Cartoon Man posted:

If you ever get to Disney World at the Hollywood Studios park is a great museum/movie that shows a lot of the history of Walt. Don't take your kids to see it, they will be bored out of their mind. They always keep threatening to replace it with something new, who knows how long it will remain. You walk through the museum and then end with a 30 minute movie. Its really fascinating.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/hollywood-studios/attractions/walt-disney-one-mans-dream/

I'm planning to go in December of 2013, so hopefully it will still be there.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

A Doomed Purloiner posted:

I'm planning to go in December of 2013, so hopefully it will still be there.

The coolest thing I remember that was on display was the massive camera system that allowed Disney to have multiple scrolling backgrounds at the same time. Watch the ending of Fanatasia, the Ave Maria scene, to see it in action. I think Bambi used it too, but i can't remember which scenes.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Pretty sure it was at the beginning and yeah the setup was insane. Like an 8 glass layer system. Truly awesome to see at work.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Stare-Out posted:

Thanks for putting the disclaimer after that awesome poster, you jerk. :arghfist::(

You will all share my pain.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Dissapointed Owl posted:

This rules.

Thank god that it's not real, because Ron Howard would poo poo all over that and make his usual mass market crap.

frumpsnake
Jan 30, 2001

The sad part is, he wasn't always evil.

Cartoon Man posted:

The coolest thing I remember that was on display was the massive camera system that allowed Disney to have multiple scrolling backgrounds at the same time. Watch the ending of Fanatasia, the Ave Maria scene, to see it in action. I think Bambi used it too, but i can't remember which scenes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8d4-AUwkKAw

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

TetsuoTW posted:

I just looked at his IMDB page, and holy poo poo he really is in almost all of them - right back to goddamned I'm Gonna Git You Sucka (which I don't remember sucking, at least).

I had to look him up too. Hey, he was amazing in Bad Santa. Actors of his stature have to take whatever work they can get, unfortunately.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

DNS posted:

Actors of his stature have to take whatever work they can get, unfortunately.
Yeah, but look at the difference between his body of work, Warwick Davis', and Peter Dinklage's. Peter Dinklage picks poo poo that is respectable (although sometimes he's in Tiptoes), and has earned a reputation not as a good dwarf actor, but straight-up as a good actor. Warwick Davis was in Star Wars, the Narnia TV series, Willow, Harry Potter (and Leprechaun, but no-one's perfect). Tony Cox is one of those guys whose career has led to him being basically a giant flashing warning light that a movie is going to suck. It's not his stature that's to blame, it's his agent, his taste, or his terrible financial skills.

sub supau fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Mar 13, 2012

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

TetsuoTW posted:

Yeah, but look at the difference between his body of work, Warwick Davis', and Peter Dinklage's. Peter Dinklage picks poo poo that is respectable (although sometimes he's in Tiptoes), and has earned a reputation not as a good dwarf actor, but straight-up as a good actor. Warwick Davis was in Star Wars, the Narnia TV series, Willow, Harry Potter (and Leprechaun, but no-one's perfect). Tony Cox is one of those guys whose career has led to him being basically a giant flashing warning light that a movie is going to suck. It's not his stature that's to blame, it's his agent, his taste, or his terrible financial skills.

There is also Michael Anderson. Also sometime Peter Dinklage takes roles in which he gets confused with a child.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Dissapointed Owl posted:

This rules.

It's not real but it still annoys me that the creator didn't name it "Disney" or really any other title.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
That's a really wide train cabin.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

This rules.

This one is pretty great too(by the same artist):

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

LesterGroans posted:

The tagline is too long and clunky but other than that it's pretty good

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Lobok posted:

It's not real but it still annoys me that the creator didn't name it "Disney" or really any other title.

I think Walt would be a perfect name for it.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

That is awesome. Such attention to detail.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

"Hey, throw some more poo poo in the background!"
"Like what?"
"Some crappy Captain America clipart."

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

fenix down posted:

That is awesome. Such attention to detail.

As much as computers have made this a thousand times easier and more detailed, theres something amazing about old practical techniques that computers will just never replicate.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

LesterGroans posted:

Did....he just photoshop this from some existing production still of Olivia Wilde? Because holy poo poo that is just fantastic.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

TetsuoTW posted:

How many quality roles do you think are left after those guys get their pick? I mean, I would make the same argument for an average height character actor - these guys are working actors and they don't get to be picky. This idea people have that actors (aside from an anointed few) can just 'choose' to take great roles in great movies, is just nakedly false. Fred Willard's in multiple ____ Movie flicks too. Eugene Levy does mountains of crap. They're still talented guys, but they go where the work is.

And that's all magnified for dwarf actors. Dinklage worked hard to get his career where it is, but it required a starring role like The Station Agent to get people to think of him as a good actor, and not a good 'dwarf actor' - and still the pickings were pretty slim for him after that, as a guy who was committed to not taking degrading roles that use his height as a punchline. If Tony Cox or anyone else wants a Station Agent type role, they have to write and direct it themselves - it simply doesn't exist.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Pffft, why get a dwarf actor when you can get Gary Oldman.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Goddamn this takes me back to my childhood, I used to love watching Walt Disney in his office chatting about animation and interacting with Mickey or Donald (especially Donald).

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

LesterGroans posted:

"Hey, throw some more poo poo in the background!"
"Like what?"
"Some crappy Captain America clipart."
Scarlett's head is a mess.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

LesterGroans posted:

All I can see is MassMarvel Effect 3.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

LesterGroans posted:

Are there any more that he has done? Does he have a website?

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

QuoProQuid posted:

Are there any more that he has done? Does he have a website?

Yeah. He has some more posters and a bunch of other graphic design pieces on his website.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

LesterGroans posted:

Yeah. He has some more posters and a bunch of other graphic design pieces on his website.

Would definitely watch this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

And I would love to watch this...

Only registered members can see post attachments!