Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Forty Two
Jun 8, 2007

HNasty posted:

First thing I thought of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forty Two
Jun 8, 2007

Marv Hushman posted:

Hold up before you cast that vote...

Consider the Jacwal Superwedge; The Vetter Alcan; The Pacifico Aero XP; The Pantera Laser; something that merits capital punishment for crimes against motorcycles in general and Sportsters in particular; and a fairing that isn't bad but I think this guy is the leader of the Cobra Kai dojo from Karate Kid.
Holy poo poo, I've never liked half fairings on any bike, but those are something special. My personal nemesis is the harley with the big blob on the handle bars.

This one

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

Forty Two posted:

Holy poo poo, I've never liked half fairings on any bike, but those are something special. My personal nemesis is the harley with the big blob on the handle bars.

This one

That just looks like a hammerhead shark.

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

Forty Two posted:

This one

I think that beyond a certain price point, matte black begins to smack of desperation. I mean, 20 large--screw it, you've sort of earned the right to rock bad airbrushed eagles, haven't you?

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

I beat my dick like it owes me money!
That looks more like satin black to me?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

HNasty posted:

Don't forget I've seen you ride you slow bastard.

Not to turn this into the pics of my bike thread but I installed a new tail tidy today, not sure if I dig the looks yet but it's pretty neat. Same one was used on the Ducati in the new tron movie.

Before

After

Video of it in action
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLQLV0tYfaA

VA plates...god, if you were in 757 I would so want to hang out with you and touch that bike...but you're probably in NoVA :smith:

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Forty Two posted:

This one

Those are rad. They fit so many drat dials and you get a CD player and everything. Only problem is riding behind a fairing is boring business. I guess its a good thing they have CD players.

Marv Hushman posted:

I think that beyond a certain price point, matte black begins to smack of desperation. I mean, 20 large--screw it, you've sort of earned the right to rock bad airbrushed eagles, haven't you?

Yep, wake me up when it's actually Blitz Black.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?
it'd be way better if it had a solid state hdd and wifi so you could download new tunes while youre parked outside the starbucks.

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?
I'm waiting for the add-on canopy to go to market.

http://www.philpauley.com/crossbow.php

Yes it looks silly but I wouldn't mind sticking one on a fuel injected CBR250 as a commuter. God knows what the mpgs would be. The poo poo about not needing a helmet makes no sense though unless it's made out of pillows.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Oh gently caress me, it's your own personal space fighter. I've been toying with the idea of an electric low drag bike, possibly with recumbent seating, for efficient highway speeds. How to do a low drag windscreen or canopy with side doors seemed like a deal breaker but that would probably work really well. Not to mention the futuristic whine of an electric motor adding to the TIE fighter image.

I don't think bikes can beat cars in drag though. You can build a super-slippery streamliner on two wheels but if you're throwing marketable looks and practicality out the window you have to compare it with a similarly streamlined car as well.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Looks mighty uncomfortable to me. Full tuck all the time?

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

Christ that looks horrible and uncomfortable.

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008
What do you do in a 2 wheeled, canopy-enclosed vehicle when you fall over in traffic? Die?

xd
Sep 28, 2001

glorifying my tragic destiny..

couldn't resist :)

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

Shimrod posted:

Christ that looks horrible and uncomfortable.

Really hope it has air conditioning.

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?
Actually I think it'd be better in the open or maybe half-open position. Plenty of headroom while still doing it's job.

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

I still want a C1.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

TheScott2K posted:

VA plates...god, if you were in 757 I would so want to hang out with you and touch that bike...but you're probably in NoVA :smith:

Oh! I hope he's in NOVA! I want to see this thing in person <3

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Ambihelical Hexnut posted:

What do you do in a 2 wheeled, canopy-enclosed vehicle when you fall over in traffic? Die?

Well, if it's really fully enclosed, you probably just slide along with it inside and overall end up with fewer injuries.

This thing looks like you would have your torso and head inside and your legs outside along the edge of the bike, so you'd be trapped inside with the full weight of the bike sliding on the sides of your legs :gonk:

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

TheScott2K posted:

I'm in 757.

An observer
Aug 30, 2008

where the stars are drowning and whales ferry their vast souls through the black and seamless sea
How do you DC area people manage to not die of heat/psychotic drivers? I've spent time there and I can't wrap my mind around it. Plus I'll be moving there from CA in 2013 :gonk:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

front wing flexing posted:

I'm in 757.

Oh snap son

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

Olde Weird Tip posted:

Oh snap son

757 group ride.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I'm not in 757, I was assuming you were some other Hnasty account that he forgot to log out of.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

Olde Weird Tip posted:

I'm not in 757, I was assuming you were some other Hnasty account that he forgot to log out of.

oh, :(

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

An observer posted:

How do you DC area people manage to not die of heat/psychotic drivers? I've spent time there and I can't wrap my mind around it. Plus I'll be moving there from CA in 2013 :gonk:

Ya I'm Northern VA, we have badass roads nearby and we deal with drivers like this.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

HNasty posted:

Ya I'm Northern VA, we have badass roads nearby and we deal with drivers like this.

confirmed.

except that looks like 64

:whatup: VA goons? anyone into vintage bikes?
I've got a pretty good non runningcollection.

GnarlyCharlie4u fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Mar 14, 2012

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Don't you need a carry permit to ride around with a gun strapped to you considering its not technically in a vehicle being transported?

Oh god nevermind, politics/laws could derail this poo poo to no end.

Here lets get angry at this instead:

schreibs fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Mar 14, 2012

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho

schreibs posted:

Don't you need a carry permit to ride around with a gun strapped to you considering its not technically in a vehicle being transported?

I believe it's considered an open carry since it is strapped to you.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

schreibs posted:

Here lets get angry at this instead:

I bet that photo alone, with no other evidence, would be enough to get that kid taken away.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

confirmed.

except that looks like 64

:whatup: VA goons? anyone into vintage bikes?
I've got a pretty good non runningcollection.

Ya I've ruined a few Honda CBs in my day, actually have a perfect powdercoated frame from a CB400 if you need it.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Ponies ate my Bagel posted:

I believe it's considered an open carry since it is strapped to you.

I dont know my gun laws, so is it just legal to open carry everywhere?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

No, but in a lot of the more conservative states it is. I walked into an antique dealer in Mesa once and the guy buying something at the counter had a revolver on each hip and a little baby Glock around his ankle. All exposed, so no permit required. He seemed a bit agitated. I stayed away.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

HNasty posted:

Ya I've ruined a few Honda CBs in my day, actually have a perfect powdercoated frame from a CB400 if you need it.

CB400F?

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Olde Weird Tip posted:

In CA we just banned open carry of handguns :(. Long guns are still cool though.

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho

Olde Weird Tip posted:

As others have said it's legal in some states illegal in others. If you do it, you need to be able to cite the code section etc. from memory. Most cops don't care and won't bug you, some are hard-asses with no clue though. I'm all for open carry being legal everywhere, but that's not the case.

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

Gnaghi posted:

I'm waiting for the add-on canopy to go to market.

http://www.philpauley.com/crossbow.php

Yes it looks silly but I wouldn't mind sticking one on a fuel injected CBR250 as a commuter. God knows what the mpgs would be. The poo poo about not needing a helmet makes no sense though unless it's made out of pillows.

Was this designed by someone that has ever ridden a motorcycle? How do you lean? Drag knee/shoulder/head? How do you stand up when your rear end gets numb?

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
On-board video of IoM with Guy Martin (also doing lap commentary).

Part 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVXc29ZgutI

Part 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFUYIH2Ttzk

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Trials guy. Might put his foot down a few times but definitely has some style(backflip while in comp).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QnMKJX7_0I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

Silver posted:

Trials guy. Might put his foot down a few times but definitely has some style(backflip while in comp).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QnMKJX7_0I

Why don't they wear full face MX style helmets?