Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
I now have two Camaro SS unicorns. I wish I could sell one (lol) or at the least gift/trade it. Turn10:arghfist:

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD-SiSStgcw Material for top of page. :fap:

L_Harrison fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Mar 15, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I got my NSX unicorn at least!

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

From the thing on the message board it sounds like part of the hold up was getting Rampage Jackson's approval on the car. Maybe he broke their patch too.

This paint job is amazing. I'll treasure it forever, even if only ironically

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

Xbox Live email posted:

Dear Crow T Macbot,

You’re receiving this email because you registered for the Xbox LIVE and Hyundai Veloster "Forza Motorsport 4" Time Trial Contest but due to a delay in the operation and transmission of your registration, you were inadvertently excluded from the Time Trials portion of the contest. We sincerely apologize for this error in the administration of the contest, and we have taken steps to fix the problem so that it won’t happen again.

We hope you’ll give us another chance and participate in another Xbox LIVE contest. As a token of our thanks for your understanding, we would like to offer you $20 in Microsoft Points. To redeem your code, please follow the below instructions.

I was wondering why I wasn't able to play in that contest, but quickly forgot about it and got on with my life.

But, hey, bonus MS points! Sometimes being the outcast pays off.

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

Flint Ironstag posted:

I was wondering why I wasn't able to play in that contest, but quickly forgot about it and got on with my life.

But, hey, bonus MS points! Sometimes being the outcast pays off.

Save those points until May and you've essentially gotten the Porsche expansion for free. Not too bad of a consolation prize at all!

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

Scirocco Griffon posted:

Save those points until May and you've essentially gotten the Porsche expansion for free. Not too bad of a consolation prize at all!

Good idea. I have the season pass, and rarely use points for other games. I'll still have them when that hits.

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
Sooooooooo are we racing tonight? I wanna debut my sweet KFC Focus.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund
I'm so done with KotT. 25 more laps, with TCS on this time. First time since Forza 2 that I've done that. I managed to shave about 2 seconds down to 1:34.273, but that track is so poorly designed, I just can't stand to run it anymore. It's like they never designed it to be fun to drive on, they just designed it like that because that was the most efficient use of the infield grass on their stupid god forsaken oval.

Interestingly enough, my hot lap time was identical, down to the 1/1000 of a second, to Wanderer512. Bet I couldn't do that again even if I tried.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Results are in for tonight's [AUGR] BTCC race at Silverstone International

1) thecowboyjoe
2) xander i crews
3) krautastic
4) boaz macpherson
5) vertigo360
6) speedt3k
7) whatcubed3
8) kilonum
9) deathgibs
10) sapopeonarope
11) aardmania
12) crow t macbot
13) sac4eva (dnf - time)
14) dukket (dnf - time)
15) van330ci (dnf - dropped from race)

Next week we will be running BTCC cars on Catalunya GP track, I recommend everyone do some practice with their cars before the actual race if possible.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

from tonight's race

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJenUUzy1_U

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
At the end you'll see me do my opportunistic flyby. I did a few of those tonight.

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

Kilonum posted:

from tonight's race

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJenUUzy1_U

You've heard of snap oversteer? I just invented snap overturn. Just to be different. Then I rolled that poor Mito two more times, all on my own. It was quick in practice, but very touchy.

Good BTCC racing tonight, and Pintospec should be fun.

Mac Tonight
Mar 12, 2006

aw yeah tahts it man
My first unicorn. It is bittersweet. Goddamnit that challenge was bad.

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

Mac Tonight posted:

My first unicorn. It is bittersweet. Goddamnit that challenge was bad.

Now you only need to get nine more to finish out that badge set in your profile. Isn't that a comforting thought? :q:

Of course with my luck I'll probably be one short and never get that badge either.

Mac Tonight
Mar 12, 2006

aw yeah tahts it man

Scirocco Griffon posted:

Now you only need to get nine more to finish out that badge set in your profile. Isn't that a comforting thought? :q:

Of course with my luck I'll probably be one short and never get that badge either.

I'm REALLY glad I'm not concerned with those. I am not a good racer and there are probably tons of slots that won't get filled.

However.....

I got a police badge and a "Five-O" title. My gamertag is SheriffKevin. I'm set.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Crossposting because SAEG racing is the best racing and last nights spec was absolutely awesome.
[tIMG]http://i.imgur.com/wsvze.jpg][/tIMG][tIMG]http://i.imgur.com/0E6x8.jpg][/tIMG][tIMG]http://i.imgur.com/NLVNN.jpg][/tIMG]
[tIMG]http://i.imgur.com/0sZ0S.jpg][/tIMG][tIMG]http://i.imgur.com/m3mhS.jpg][/tIMG][tIMG]http://i.imgur.com/UITLF.jpg][/tIMG]

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I'm starting to lose enjoyment doing multiplayer racing with friends, my skill levels have gone backwards and I can barely keep up with them anymore when we're racing in the same class together :(

AaronB
Jan 9, 2011
drat this KotT! I'm quitting with a 1:31.995 complete with STM and TCS badges of shame, probably the only time I've had them on with Forza 4. He's going to post a better time, I know it.

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice
Some shots of frustration from last night:
The hairpin!

Versa love (& hate)

The HAIRPIN!!

Great racing, guys.

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Still determined to make drag racing work. anyone interested in a "11's/high 10's class"? Nothing limiting just have your car sit somewhere between 11.6 and 10.6 with regularity and go racing. No traction control manual with clutch only.

Drag racing cars are sexy.

Flesh Croissant fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Mar 15, 2012

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

mattdizzleZ28 posted:

Still determined to make drag racing work. anyone interested in a "11's/high 10's class"? Nothing limiting just have your car sit somewhere between 11.6 and 10.6 with regularity and go racing.

Could be fun. Worth a shot at least, it's not like it's hard to build a car to that spec.

quote:

No traction control manual with clutch only.

This does put those with three pedal wheels at a huge advantage on launch for most 2WD cars since the rest of us have to either spin 'em and then regain control or lug the motor off the line. Then again though, I could see why it would be needed just to provide variety, a car that launches well with autoclutch can be almost perfectly consistent if the driver's reaction times aren't terrible.

If only there was a way to make it autoclutch just the launch...

edit: I just remembered a better idea I had the other night about this, they should just let us remap the brake as the clutch in drag races. That way we give up a control which is basically useless in that race type and replace it with something beneficial to have analog control.

edit2: vvv Forza 2 style sounds like a lot more fun.

wolrah fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Mar 15, 2012

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Im tempted to say RWD or FWD only just to keep the traction variable alive, unless that would kill intrest. Most AWD cars can be swapped anyway. Use the 1/4 mile track for testing and tuning and we will actually race forza 2 style (find a spot that is 1/4 mile with easy markers and launch on an agreed race time) to avoid the loading screen issue. That way we can do burnouts and roleplay like proper goons :)

Flesh Croissant fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Mar 15, 2012

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

You Am I posted:

I'm starting to lose enjoyment doing multiplayer racing with friends, my skill levels have gone backwards and I can barely keep up with them anymore when we're racing in the same class together :(

This happens to me every once in a while, and it is a thing that can be fixed. For me, as I get frustrated I keep pushing the car harder than it can go, which has me running poo poo laps where I slide off the track. Only way for me to break out of it is ignore the race and pay attention to clean driving.. avoid late braking, take corners smooth.

It has a pretty big effect on my overall performance, it just sucks that I have to get worse before I get better.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I have nights like that too. Nothing makes me feel worse than jumping in a car I drive all the time and run well in all the time and just inexplicably doing poorly with it. Sometimes switching cars works, sometimes it doesn't and I have to settle for running poorly. Except I don't care as much, as long as I'm still racing someone, even if it's the battle for last.

LiquidRain
May 21, 2007

Watch the madness!

Yup, had one of those nights just yesterday in the GTCC races. Much worse performance than usual, and inconsistent lap times. I just kept falling further and further behind and couldn't get anywhere near the lap times others were posting. The only reason I managed to stay in a decent rank was that the people behind me were wiped out. I only managed to start catching up when I stopped caring about catching up. (but by then it was too late)

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

I think that happens to everyone eventually, things just don't fall into place or everyone else just happens to be having a better run of luck. I usually take that as a sign to back off from online racing for a couple days before it starts to become frustrating and cause a "gently caress this game" attitude to form.

silverbullitt850
Mar 6, 2012

Hey you guys like to troll? I've got some pretty sick trolling skills. Just don't expect me to read anything.

-Colon Cowboy

GOD IS BED posted:

The hairpin!

Versa love (& hate)

The HAIRPIN!!

Great racing, guys.

Gamertag?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Scirocco Griffon posted:

I think that happens to everyone eventually, things just don't fall into place or everyone else just happens to be having a better run of luck. I usually take that as a sign to back off from online racing for a couple days before it starts to become frustrating and cause a "gently caress this game" attitude to form.

I've never been frustrated by running poorly. The only time I go "gently caress this game" is when lobbies start freezing left and right; when I run like poo poo, I actually relax a bit more, because fighting for the lead is honestly really goddamn stressful to me, especially as I'm absolutely awful at safely passing in this game (I was good at it in 3; no idea what happened). More than 2 or 3 races where I'm fighting for a win and I'm mentally worn out. It's one of the reasons I don't do endurance races anymore.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
What loving idiot at Turn 10 decided it would be a good idea to not let players copy a grounp of decals on one side of their cars, then paste and horizontally invert it on the other side?

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

silverbullitt850 posted:

Gamertag?

Hey Joe, here's a spreadsheet for all the forum names/gamertags: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au3ezolOd-59dDFGRWRIV0xZQWVuc1d1UTNfTnJsY3c&hl=en_US#gid=0

Useful for when you need to figure out who you want to punch in the dick over the internet.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

GreatGreen posted:

What loving idiot at Turn 10 decided it would be a good idea to not let players copy a grounp of decals on one side of their cars, then paste and horizontally invert it on the other side?

I guess they figured that "mirror from right/left side" feature would satisfy everyone. Too bad they were wrong!

The vinyl system in general is horribly broken, it still feels like baby's first attempt at allowing user generated content. I keep hoping the next iteration of Forza rebuilds the system from scratch, but it hasn't happened yet.

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

xzzy posted:

I guess they figured that "mirror from right/left side" feature would satisfy everyone. Too bad they were wrong!

The vinyl system in general is horribly broken, it still feels like baby's first attempt at allowing user generated content. I keep hoping the next iteration of Forza rebuilds the system from scratch, but it hasn't happened yet.

Considering how more than a few folks have gotten insanely proficient with the current system, I'm not banking on it. I don't think they want to risk chasing off the artist community by rewriting the livery designer and accidentally making it worse than it is, especially since Turn 10 considers them as one of Forza's biggest selling points.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Too bad only a tiny percent of the population can actually produce anything out of it.

The rest of us can make racing stripes and that's about it because the tools are so goddamn cumbersome.

silverbullitt850
Mar 6, 2012

Hey you guys like to troll? I've got some pretty sick trolling skills. Just don't expect me to read anything.

-Colon Cowboy

GOD IS BED posted:

Versa love (& hate)

Great racing, guys.

That was me, rear end in a top hat.

I will say it totally makes it ok that the anime girls on the side of your car look terrified that you just hit me, and the one is pointing at my car like, "look-ah ouuuut!"

Also, I'm liking my countersteer :)

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice

silverbullitt850 posted:

That was me, rear end in a top hat.

I will say it totally makes it ok that the anime girls on the side of your car look terrified that you just hit me, and the one is pointing at my car like, "look-ah ouuuut!"

Also, I'm liking my countersteer :)

Yeah, and it was completely unintentional, Joe. Sorry we aren't all racing superstars like yourself. Hope your first place win didn't make you cut yourself!

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!
Hey, can I get a rule sheet for the Pinto Spec?

Also, I'd love to suggest spec Miata for 5/23.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

xzzy posted:

Too bad only a tiny percent of the population can actually produce anything out of it.

The rest of us can make racing stripes and that's about it because the tools are so goddamn cumbersome.

I'm pretty sure most people are just not very artistic. Photoshop has been freely available for anyone with a torrent client for like the last 15 years and most people still suck at it.

The only thing I routinely find lacking in the livery editor is the ability to erase portions of layers using a brush/block tool. Other than that it's pretty loving robust for a side feature of a vidja game. I find the general shittiness of the Xbox controller's left stick precision (I have like 15 of these things and they all drift) to be a greater hurdle to my results than the livery tools.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
If the stick is being lovely, you can use the dpad to move poo poo around with more control.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Yeah, I usually tend to do that - it's just when you need to move something a large amount, the stick is much faster - and then you switch to another layer/different editor and the stick goes on drifting and screws up whatever you tried to be precise with previously. And then you yell gently caress and go back to driving cars because it's not like you see any of the paint in 1st person mode anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silverbullitt850
Mar 6, 2012

-Colon Cowboy

GOD IS BED posted:

Yeah, and it was completely unintentional, Joe. Sorry we aren't all racing superstars like yourself. Hope your first place win didn't make you cut yourself!

Supposed to be funny... Another internet communication fail.

As for Spec Miata, I don't think that's ever happening again, and it's my fault. I'd love to do it again, but after lapping all but 3rd (2nd?) place on Suzuka last time out, people weren't too thrilled.

• Locked thread