Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Charlie Mopps posted:

:stare: i have completely missed this.

If only i could be arsed to replay the game. :negative:

The art is fairly low detail man, don't bother. Also skoolmunkee do you mean interacting with them, or one of those authorize things at the spectre terminal? Cause I remember getting one of those for a private who didn't want to fight her brother in Cerberus, I think authorizing also cost me some war assets? Not to sure about that, but it did seem that way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hidohebhi
Nov 19, 2006

"Do you know how hard it was to find 'a bangin' redhead'?"

Facepalm Ranger posted:

:holy: I actually let out a giddy yelp.

What do you play ME on? If it's PC I can easily change it.

I do play on PC, but it's all been via digital download so no cases to speak of. But if you wanted to make some covers for PC though, I would find a way to make use of them, I promise.

Possibly hanging them in my office like the huge nerd that I am.

HenessyHero
Mar 4, 2008

"I thought we had something, Shepard. Something real."
:qq:

skoolmunkee posted:

He does say something which gives you a clue, iirc. He says something about how "we thought you would be our successors" which to me indicated it was during those last 200 years when they realized they were probably not going to make it. But I could have misunderstood.

The trick is, Protheans were supposedly actually well-aware of Reapers before they actually struck, they had also known about them for some time and made preparations. Without knowing about the Citadel plot, however, the Protheans were summarily quashed upon Reaper arrival, the ambush completely blindsighted them and their preparations were all ruined.

Anyway, while you're probably right about the timing, I don't think you're misinterpreting the line or anything, but I'm thinking the Asari stuff could still be from their early anti-reaper prep days, not necessarily a plot from their last years. That possibility hasn't been eliminated.

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

SOME PEOPLE FIND HOME APPLIANCES SEXUALLY AROUSING! ZORDS ARE NOT APPLIANCES, DAMMIT!

Hidohebhi posted:

I do play on PC, but it's all been via digital download so no cases to speak of. But if you wanted to make some covers for PC though, I would find a way to make use of them, I promise.

Possibly hanging them in my office like the huge nerd that I am.

done! I'll try get them done over the weekend :)

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Facepalm Ranger posted:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=442713

thar you go matey, it's so full of video game art orgasms I've had to change my trousers several times, it also has links to the templates so you can make your own, have fun! :):

Thank you, some great covers there. (and a lot of "i slapped on some artwork and called it a day")

Hidohebhi
Nov 19, 2006

"Do you know how hard it was to find 'a bangin' redhead'?"

Facepalm Ranger posted:

done! I'll try get them done over the weekend :)

:neckbeard: Thank you, that would be amazing!

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
*wrong thread*

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Sorry if this has already been asked but it's a loving huge thread.

Can I get the Insanity achievement in Action mode? The mode that skips all the Role Playing stuff?

Thanks

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Tell your friends we're coming for them

Davincie posted:

The art is fairly low detail man, don't bother. Also skoolmunkee do you mean interacting with them, or one of those authorize things at the spectre terminal? Cause I remember getting one of those for a private who didn't want to fight her brother in Cerberus, I think authorizing also cost me some war assets? Not to sure about that, but it did seem that way

You overhear their conversations through to the last one and then a spectre terminal thing pops up involving their story (usually tangentially). The one you listed is post-Tuchanka so along with that one I'll be deliberately listening through for a few more. And yeah you gotta be careful of authorizing a couple of them, if you've been listening.

Also if you listen to the conversations closely, it turns out you've got a volus bigwig hanging around. :] I kinda miss the old volus voices though....

etjester
Jul 14, 2008

[insert text here]
Voice cast interviews from the launch event:

http://youtu.be/1Y-eb_k06EA

http://youtu.be/Pa7niDlKw-8

Grey Fox V2
Nov 14, 2008

Augmented Balls of Titanium!

Charlie Mopps posted:

Thats also another amazing song from the OST. Although i have to admit, while i consider the ME3 soundtrack to have the best quality music, i do like the ME1 soundtrack the most. All those 80's synthesizers worked so well to set the mood for an awesome space opera.
Don't forget playing out Shepard out to Faunts as he walks off the Presidium at the end ME1. That song completely nails the sound of Mass Effect and that finale, I'm continuously disappointed Bioware didn't bring them back for ME2 or ME3.

Count Choculitis
Sep 13, 2007

I love you, Shepard. I always have. I want to understand what this is between us... and make it real.

skoolmunkee posted:

You overhear their conversations through to the last one and then a spectre terminal thing pops up involving their story (usually tangentially). The one you listed is post-Tuchanka so along with that one I'll be deliberately listening through for a few more. And yeah you gotta be careful of authorizing a couple of them, if you've been listening.

The PTSD asari one absolutely broke my heart, especially when someone figured out that the farm girl she had to kill was Joker's sister. All my tears. :(

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Grey Fox V2 posted:

Don't forget playing out Shepard out to Faunts as he walks off the Presidium at the end ME1. That song completely nails the finale and I'm continuously disappointed Bioware didn't bring them back for ME2 or ME3.

The credits music in this game is by Faunts though.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Grey Fox V2 posted:

Don't forget playing out Shepard out to Faunts as he walks off the Presidium at the end ME1. That song completely nails the finale and I'm continuously disappointed Bioware didn't bring them back for ME2 or ME3.

They did: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMH36PuN-1w is played over the credits.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

etjester posted:

Voice cast interviews from the launch event:

http://youtu.be/1Y-eb_k06EA

http://youtu.be/Pa7niDlKw-8

Wow, I would have thought "pissed off and tired" was just how Jennifer Hale always talks. Gives a lot more credence to the "maleshep = paragon, femshep = renegade" theory to know it was a deliberate choice.

Grey Fox V2
Nov 14, 2008

Zedd posted:

They did: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMH36PuN-1w is played over the credits.

Huh well that explains why it sounded somewhat familiar, thanks. I guess I was expecting something lyrical and less...downtrodden.

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Tell your friends we're coming for them

Count Choculitis posted:

The PTSD asari one absolutely broke my heart, especially when someone figured out that the farm girl she had to kill was Joker's sister. All my tears. :(

What I can't figure out about that one is if she's also an ardat-yakshi. it's clear her friend was, but she also asks a few times what color her eyes are, and 'if they changed back after...' and I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean, if part of the reason she's PTSD and suicidal is because she realized how close she came to becoming a banshee (as well as having to kill people and feeling good about it). I can't figure out why an ardat-yakshi would be allowed in the hospital like that, but then I also can't figure out why her friend was allowed to be on her team, since apparently that fact was in 'her files.' I've also never heard the term 'Huntress' before though, which makes me think it's maybe some kind of all ardat-yakshi combat team. Which just complicates the gun issue!

LazyDivey
Jun 18, 2004

Orange crush momma is a laugh laugh laugh.

edit: Oops wrong ME thread

LazyDivey fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Mar 17, 2012

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Grey Fox V2 posted:

Huh well that explains why it sounded somewhat familiar, thanks. I guess I was expecting something lyrical and less...downtrodden.
Honestly, to me it sounds surprisingly cheerful given how things turn out. I'm glad they didn't got for an actual song, though - I've always felt that lyrics are out of place on an ME soundtrack. That said, I think M4 (Part I) would've been a slightly better choice still for ME3's credits.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Count Choculitis posted:

Oh dear, and here I am just approving all requests, hoping to do some good. I am ruining lives without even knowing :smith:

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

precision posted:

...I don't know if I want to do this or not. Is it as bad as I think it will be? :ohdear:
He has a Volus chief and gets a new Elcor partner who prefaces every single line with "Badassedly:".

So, y'know, you tell me.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

In other sad news:
http://social.bioware.com/forums/forum/1/topic/355/index/9822517/

hihifellow
Jun 17, 2005

seriously where the fuck did this genre come from
Okay this is driving me crazy because I can't find it in the soundtrack. Does anyone know which song plays while you're talking to the asari councilor in Priority: Citadel III?

edit: starts here (late game spoilers btw) http://youtu.be/hcvjL1ztY3A?t=34s

hihifellow fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Mar 17, 2012

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
So who created the reapers then? We found out why they were created but not who by.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Metrication posted:

So who created the reapers then? We found out why they were created but not who by.

We don't but whoever did it were idiots because they ended up getting wiped out by Synthetics that they created so that organics wouldn't be wiped out by Synthetics.

Either that or they committed mass suicide?

Grey Fox V2
Nov 14, 2008

Sombrerotron posted:

Honestly, to me it sounds surprisingly cheerful given how things turn out. I'm glad they didn't got for an actual song, though - I've always felt that lyrics are out of place on an ME soundtrack. That said, I think M4 (Part I) would've been a slightly better choice still for ME3's credits.
I'm usually in the same boat for lyrical music in films or games but that song just worked for me in ME1.

Metrication posted:

Serious answer: Nobody knows who created the Reapers and it's implied the ghost kid at the end of the game did but we're never told what the hell he is.

Grey Fox V2 fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Mar 17, 2012

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
About to start another playthrough because From Ashes didn't work the first time round (I was waiting for it to happen and then figured with the title it might be an after ending DLC or something but no, the original download was just corrupted), and also want to make some different choices: what's the difference between importing my ME2 save (I want the groundwork from that game to remain the same) and importing the ME3 one?

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Butterfly Valley posted:

About to start another playthrough because From Ashes didn't work the first time round (I was waiting for it to happen and then figured with the title it might be an after ending DLC or something but no, the original download was just corrupted), and also want to make some different choices: what's the difference between importing my ME2 save (I want the groundwork from that game to remain the same) and importing the ME3 one?

I think your fish will count as war assets if you do NG+ and you're stronger. Only get to choose your class if you import from ME2 though.

Scuzzywuffit
Feb 5, 2012

Davincie posted:

Oh dear, and here I am just approving all requests, hoping to do some good. I am ruining lives without even knowing :smith:

See, I didn't think that the gun was to kill herself with. She was talking about how she would "feel safer" if she had it, and how the reason that family had died was because she didn't have it. I know she was disturbed and ridden with guilt, but I thought it was more of a security thing than anything else, so I didn't have trouble approving that one.

Is this open to interpretation, or am I a lovely space cop? Or both?

Enigmatic Cakelord
Jun 16, 2006

ASARI EYEBROWS

Scuzzywuffit posted:

See, I didn't think that the gun was to kill herself with. She was talking about how she would "feel safer" if she had it, and how the reason that family had died was because she didn't have it. I know she was disturbed and ridden with guilt, but I thought it was more of a security thing than anything else, so I didn't have trouble approving that one.

Is this open to interpretation, or am I a lovely space cop? Or both?

Not open to interpretation, when you approve the request your war assets update, check the update and it says she killed herself and slightly drops your score.

Scuzzywuffit
Feb 5, 2012

Virmire Survivor posted:

Not open to interpretation, when you approve the request your war assets update, check the update and it says she killed herself and slightly drops your score.

Oh.

Oops :smith:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Just saw the ending. Posted about the story over in the spoilers thread, but looking there I just saw something that pissed me right the hell off.

You mean to tell me that literally the ONLY thing that War Assets are good for is a dinky five second cutscene showing that Shepard survives the bullshit ending?! WHAT THE gently caress?! :stare::arghfist:

How the hell does the same team that brought us the Collector Base get away with that kind of bullshit?! I doubt I was the only one who wanted to see a fail-shep run- wherein the battered, world weary commander Shepard loses his entire squad multiple times over the course of his life - on Akuze and the Collector base and beyond - and then breaks when humanity puts too much weight on his weary shoulders.

You're telling me the power of that kind of drama NEVER occurred to Bioware?

Goddammit, of all the ways to blow the landing.

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

Hahahaha Engineer in Single Player is so goddamned awesome.

Guardians are so much fun. A turret on one side and a drone on the other and they spastically turn in circles until dead, it's hilarious. I'm currently carrying no weapons because who the gently caress needs them when I've got a drone, a turret, and chain overload.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

ChronoReverse posted:

I think your fish will count as war assets if you do NG+ and you're stronger. Only get to choose your class if you import from ME2 though.

Wanted to play an Infiltrator having never been one before after enjoying it in multiplayer, so thanks.

TastyAvocado
Dec 9, 2009

Spiritus Nox posted:

Just saw the ending. Posted about the story over in the spoilers thread, but looking there I just saw something that pissed me right the hell off.

You mean to tell me that literally the ONLY thing that War Assets are good for is a dinky five second cutscene showing that Shepard survives the bullshit ending?! WHAT THE gently caress?! :stare::arghfist:

How the hell does the same team that brought us the Collector Base get away with that kind of bullshit?! I doubt I was the only one who wanted to see a fail-shep run- wherein the battered, world weary commander Shepard loses his entire squad multiple times over the course of his life - on Akuze and the Collector base and beyond - and then breaks when humanity puts too much weight on his weary shoulders.

You're telling me the power of that kind of drama NEVER occurred to Bioware?

Goddammit, of all the ways to blow the landing.

Not true! Having a very low warscore ALSO means you can see a 3 second video of Big Ben exploding, because apparently having a smaller fleet means that the crucible explosion does more collateral damage for no reason!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

TastyAvocado posted:

Not true! Having a very low warscore ALSO means you can see a 3 second video of Big Ben exploding, because apparently having a smaller fleet means that the crucible explosion does more collateral damage for no reason!

I reiterate: how the gently caress do you do this after writing the drat collector base?!

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
So I just realized that I played through the entire game and the first ten hours of my replay without knowing that it's possible to upgrade weapons using the upgrade table next to the weapons bench in the Shuttle Bay.

:suicide:

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

These avatars paid for Lowtax new boat.

Spiritus Nox posted:

I reiterate: how the gently caress do you do this after writing the drat collector base?!

If it helps, apparently you only need to blame the lead writer, Mac Walters. He apparently wrote the beginning, dream sequences, Kai Leng, and the ending. He also apparently completely cut off the rest of the writing team from having any input on the ending and did it all himself.

DerDestroyer
Jun 27, 2006

Aristobulus posted:

If it helps, apparently you only need to blame the lead writer, Mac Walters. He apparently wrote the beginning, dream sequences, Kai Leng, and the ending. He also apparently completely cut off the rest of the writing team from having any input on the ending and did it all himself.

I hope Bioware fires him and he never gets a job in this industry again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Aristobulus posted:

Jesus did they lock him in the Overlook hotel while he was writing or something?

• Locked thread