Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

muscles like this? posted:

The thing that confuses me about those commercials is that the animals are all hanging out in a bar type setting but they're drinking water with Mio drink mix.

That's the thing that confuses you about that commercial?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.
The worst part about those Mio ads is how creepy those drat animals are, I get some serious Uncanny Valley effect off them.

rockinricky
Mar 27, 2003

Sash! posted:

I was oddly impressed with the Abarth when I saw one in person.

However, if you have a passenger you don't have enough cargo space for a pizza. Seems like an oversight for an Italian car maker.

I can't remember where I saw it, but the Fiat 500 isn't very popular in the US. So unpopular, they even have a hard time giving them away on The Price is Right.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Has anyone mentioned those skyn condom ads?

My lord, that woman is annoying.

"you like sex don't you?"

Well, ok yes, most people do but the way you ask makes you sound like a freak if you don't. Plus, some people like the feel of different condoms, that doesn't make skyn some end all be all of condoms.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
So... what the gently caress do post-apocalyptic robot hologram dog races have to do with vodka?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

404GoonNotFound posted:

So... what the gently caress do post-apocalyptic robot hologram dog races have to do with vodka?

They, like modern dog races, are better enjoyed while smashed out of your skull?

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

Taco bell, noone would drive 900 loving miles for some lovely taco sprinkled with dorito residue.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

rockinricky posted:

I can't remember where I saw it, but the Fiat 500 isn't very popular in the US. So unpopular, they even have a hard time giving them away on The Price is Right.

Well I don't see how they aren't popular their new ad is with Charlie Sheen :stare:

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.

squarerandom posted:

Well I don't see how they aren't popular their new ad is with Charlie Sheen :stare:

Sheen seems to be getting some work. I wont lie the cable one makes me laugh. The idea of meeting Sheen in a bathhouse and then playing pretend time war with him makes me laugh my rear end off.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

E: whoops :downs:

quantegy
May 18, 2002

Kanish posted:

Taco bell, noone would drive 900 loving miles for some lovely taco sprinkled with dorito residue.

It's not the real footage but the story is real. This is his real video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVo33ft6p1k&list=UUDvYQkaa2sJzxl7jiwj1aoA&index=4&feature=plcp

This prius commercial based on the game of Life has to be the most obnoxious thing in a long time. My sushi went pee-yushi?

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

quantegy posted:

It's not the real footage but the story is real. This is his real video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVo33ft6p1k&list=UUDvYQkaa2sJzxl7jiwj1aoA&index=4&feature=plcp

This prius commercial based on the game of Life has to be the most obnoxious thing in a long time. My sushi went pee-yushi?

To justify my above comment I want to believe that dead look in his eyes after he takes the first bite is utter regret and disappointment.

I drove 2 1/2 hours one time to go to a whitecastle on an impromptu road trip, and after like an hour (it was 3 am when we left) it was miserable as everyone passed out. I cant imagine what 9 hours would feel like.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Darth Freddy posted:

Sheen seems to be getting some work. I wont lie the cable one makes me laugh. The idea of meeting Sheen in a bathhouse and then playing pretend time war with him makes me laugh my rear end off.

I hate that campaign, if only because they are really playing it a whole lot.

Not to mention at least two of them are "If you don't use our product you will become a social outcast." or "If you don't use our product your children will grow up to be godless undesirable heathens".

Also kind of the first time I've seen a national ad campaign literally stick someone into a caste and insult them for it.

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp

quantegy posted:

Is the pee-yushi guy someone? He seems familiar in a "deja-vu, I've had an urge to stab just like this before" type way.

Judge Ito Boxing
Oct 29, 2011

There's a lot of value in the public being able to see how the system works.

Wagonburner posted:

Is the pee-yushi guy someone? He seems familiar in a "deja-vu, I've had an urge to stab just like this before" type way.

Moreover, I'd like to know why that commercial looks and sounds exactly like the almost-as-lovely Old Navy commercials. Same ad agency, I guess?

Moremoreover, gently caress the pee-ushi guy.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Wagonburner posted:

I've never seen him before, but he has a very strong Jack Black vibe going on.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

rockinricky posted:

Fiat has a uphill fight because they have a pretty bad rep in the US. I see them all over the place here (Northern VA). But I think the first US studio (yes, studio not dealership :v: ) was over in Rockville MD so they've had a little more time to sell them.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Kanish posted:

He was on a road trip from New York to California and decided to stop by that Taco Bell in Ohio because he heard about the Doritos taco.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Kanish posted:

Speaking of, it's been running for a little bit, but I hate that Doritos with the kid, the grandma and the baby. God drat I hate that kid.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There's a new Mio animal commercial and its even creepier/bizarre than the first one. This one involves a camel's hump being treated like boobs even though its still on the camel's back.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

There's a new Mio animal commercial and its even creepier/bizarre than the first one. This one involves a camel's hump being treated like boobs even though its still on the camel's back.

Is this the one with the giraffe? I didn't look directly at the screen while it was playing for fear of turning into stone.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, its a giraffe and an ostrich this time.

Also, thinking about the first commercial made me realize something else completely insane about it. The premise of it is basically that since animalpeople started using the drink mix the cheetah guy can't murder anymore.

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS
Can someone explain to me the idea behind the commercial scenario where you have average people doing something in an everyday setting, and a wacky guy comes up to them and barges in, insults them and offers them advice/a better product?

This maxwell House (I think) coffee ad keeps playing on hulu, with a boring white couple having French press coffee in a restaurant (think white tablecloth, a waiter in a tie is plunging their coffee). A dude (the guy is very familiar, can't place him) with a kind of 'blue-collar guy' jacket on comes up to the couple's table with a regular drip coffee machine stuck under his arm, complains about French press pots having plungers, talks about how he likes French fries and then asks the waiter to plug in his coffee machine, so he can make this couple a better cup of coffee.

It is amazingly annoying, and not even because of my particular taste in coffee. What is supposed to be going on in my mind during this ad, instead of 'if some dude cruised up to me and criticized my coffee to my face in front of my (wo)man I would ask him to GTFO'???

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I hate that bank commercial where theyr'e like "look we replaced a people with a machine at a dry cleaner look how awful why do banks do this!"

Well the bank replaced tellers with machines that spit out the amount of money you want. You put a blender on a counter. That's...not even close to the same. You might as well try to cook a pizza with a grandfather clock then declare machines to be awful.

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
The Invisalign Teen commercial is pretty generic overall, but I like to imagine what sort of lovely parents would put one girl of twins in braces and the other in an Invisalign rig.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Son of a BITCH.

REALLY?!?!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqcUrmVKjjM

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

Yeah, its a giraffe and an ostrich this time.

Also, thinking about the first commercial made me realize something else completely insane about it. The premise of it is basically that since animalpeople started using the drink mix the cheetah guy can't murder anymore.

And that really hurts the cheeta's game with "A dirty hyena" what does that even mean? :stonk:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Mio's ingredients are basically 100% artificial. It's like squirting concentrated awfulness into your water.

Case in point:

quote:

Water, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Malic Acid, Contains Less than 2% of Natural Flavor, Sucralose and Acesulfame Potassium (Sweeteners), Potassium Citrate, Red 40, Blue 1, Potassium Sorbate (Preservative).

* Propylene Glycol is a clear and slightly bitter liquid that is used to prevent discoloration of foods during storage. It has been shown to cause various diseases in animal studies when consumed in large quantities.

* Acesulfame Potassium is a fake sweetener that is potentially carcinogenic.

* “Natural Flavor” with fake colors to cause you to imagine the berries depicted on the package. Unfortunately those artificial colors may cause cancer and hyperactivity too.

* Last but not least, potassium sorbate is a mold inhibitor – it allows this product to sit on a shelf for months.

Chicago Death Rate
Jul 23, 2001

by Ralp
These Cars.com commercials are some of the worst ever. Some ugly woman with her face in her hair singing about which car she wants.

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Everyone here wishes I would ragequit my life
There is some new DVR out called the "Hopper" and apparently the best way to sell it is to have a house full of obese people with speech impediments yelling the name of the product at each other.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq_hOx8E2uo

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Gonz posted:

Son of a BITCH.

REALLY?!?!?

0:45 to 0:50 is the actual target market.

And c'mon, how can you not love Cut-Rate Obama doing the selling, or yet another hilarious view into the foibles of Black And White World, Where Everything Is Too Hard?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Gonz posted:

Son of a BITCH.

REALLY?!?!?

I saw that commercial during SNL and I was sure it had to be a fake commercial. All I could think of the whole time I was watching it was this:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Industrial posted:

There is some new DVR out called the "Hopper" and apparently the best way to sell it is to have a house full of obese people with speech impediments yelling the name of the product at each other.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq_hOx8E2uo

Not speech impediments. Just from the Northeast.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Uncle Salty posted:

Can someone explain to me the idea behind the commercial scenario where you have average people doing something in an everyday setting, and a wacky guy comes up to them and barges in, insults them and offers them advice/a better product?

This maxwell House (I think) coffee ad keeps playing on hulu, with a boring white couple having French press coffee in a restaurant (think white tablecloth, a waiter in a tie is plunging their coffee). A dude (the guy is very familiar, can't place him) with a kind of 'blue-collar guy' jacket on comes up to the couple's table with a regular drip coffee machine stuck under his arm, complains about French press pots having plungers, talks about how he likes French fries and then asks the waiter to plug in his coffee machine, so he can make this couple a better cup of coffee.

It is amazingly annoying, and not even because of my particular taste in coffee. What is supposed to be going on in my mind during this ad, instead of 'if some dude cruised up to me and criticized my coffee to my face in front of my (wo)man I would ask him to GTFO'???

That commercial gets additional asinine points for their tagline "Stay Grounded". Hey idiots, both drip brewing and french presses use coffee grounds!

Also, am I the only one annoyed by the Truvia commercials for... I don't know, what do you call that voiceover? Sing-song? Sung poetry? Whatever the hell it is, it gets on my nerves.

Cup of Hemlock posted:

Not speech impediments. Just from the Northeast.

I'll be honest, at first I thought they were yelling "Hoffa!" and that it was gonna end up being an ad for the Teamsters.

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006

Gonz posted:

Son of a BITCH.

REALLY?!?!?

My favorite part of the commercial is they cut to a clip of the guy trying to use the phone, saying "Are you serious?" when they were doing their "but if you buy one now you get another one free!" schtick.

You know they just pulled a random guy off the street to demo the product and look happy for the commercial and had to move his clip elsewhere in the commercial after his :what: reaction to something so ridiculous.

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Uncle Salty posted:

I really wish I could find it but there was a whole website dedicated to sarcastically pointing out marketingthink like this. Like "Oh boy, they took a song I liked and changed the lyrics to be about their product!"

Gonz posted:

Mio's ingredients are basically 100% artificial. It's like squirting concentrated awfulness into your water.

Case in point:

On no, not...chemicals! :cry:

The ingredients are exactly the same as every other low-calorie drink mix like Crystal Light: artificial sweetener, natural flavoring, and some coloring. They just mix it with water and a thickening/stabilizing agent to make it different enough that people will pay even more money for the same ingredients. In fact, many of those ingredients (citric acid, malic acid, natural flavoring, dyes, potassium citrate, potassium sorbate) are actually found in most "real" fruit juice that has undergone any degree of processing.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Echoing the Goldfish ad in the car wash is awful. It suppose to be a cute ad with them acting like their in a store, but it comes off as annoying.

[edit] Okay what the gently caress, I just saw a Smoke Free America ad where it shows a bunch of people with no limbs saying if you smoke, you might become a amputee! So not just lung cancer, you soon will need a hook to hold that cigarette too!

Rirse fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Mar 19, 2012

hammeritme
Oct 28, 2002

I like the cut of your jib

Kanish posted:

Seriously, gently caress this commercial. It plays non-stop during March Madness and seriously pisses me off. I thought the exact same thing you did.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Rirse posted:

Echoing the Goldfish ad in the car wash is awful. It suppose to be a cute ad with them acting like their in a store, but it comes off as annoying.

When I got home from work today and turned on the television, that was the very first commercial that popped on. That chucklefuck kid is FOLLOWING ME.

"If we survive this ... it'll be a mira--" :fuckoff:

Edit: gently caress IT JUST CAME ON AGAIN MOTHER OF GOD

Timby fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Mar 19, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Grout Bully.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKsM3jgiRR4

First it uses one of the Windows notification message sounds so when it airs I think I've got mail or something.

Second it claims to kill the mold to make it white, but later in the commercial they have the different colours so obviously it's just painting over it.

Third the application brush is way way wider than any grout lines are going to be, so you waste a huge amount every time you apply it.