Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Olde Weird Tip posted:

This man is an enduro magician.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4qzh6YBW1Q

Holy poo poo it's Enduro Dougie Lampkin:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3CsLDhcC-A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Backov posted:

My new ride in the foreground. Not a real motorcycle.

gently caress the haters, you're on 2 wheels. Keep on keepin' on.

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

Olde Weird Tip posted:

This man is an enduro magician.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4qzh6YBW1Q

Edit: Holy poo poo this dudes amazing. Wait for the move at 3:10 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R04GZSKm5lY

That move at 3:10 is the one from the blooper cut at the end of the second video (that he pulls off IN the video).

I really wish I'd had that kind of suspension travel today when I sank the Bandit in the sand to the swingarm (four times). I would have gotten pictures, but I'm contractually obligated not to document my own shame.

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOUhUBoupLw&t=140s

Why you need to wear good stuff. Oh and also how to back it in, in German.

Purgey
Nov 5, 2008

Backov posted:

My new ride in the foreground. Not a real motorcycle.

Rock on, dude. The PCX is a great scooter.

ReggieCelsius
Feb 1, 2007

snortsly
my Honda ct110 postie bike (retired from Australia Post)

http://imgur.com/a/3uEJl

i hope that link works, should be an imgur album

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

Picked this up today for $500, going to do it up and probably sell it.

Needs a bit of work but should be fun.

Yamaha FZR-R 250cc.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
That's a good buy for $500.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

Wow, $500? gently caress man, I wish these were priced that way around here. Old CBR250RR (MC19/22) go for $2500-3300USD here.

What kind of work does it require? I'm curious.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

Odette posted:

Wow, $500? gently caress man, I wish these were priced that way around here. Old CBR250RR (MC19/22) go for $2500-3300USD here.

What kind of work does it require? I'm curious.

New wheels, new chain, new oils, fairing on the right side is cracked so needs to be fixed, new right side indicators, new rear grip and a new piece of fairing between the main seat and the rear seat.

There's also a blown fuse somewhere the guy mentioned and there are a few bolts for holding various parts together that the person he brought it from lost when he pulled the bike apart.

Brake pads and discs are fine, paint is a bit dodgey so might repaint it, engine works fine, gear box, etc. (from what we're told, fuel tank isn't connected but the guy lives up the road from me and seems nice so I'll take him at his word - I'll hook it all up tomorrow and check it out anyway).

They sell from anywhere between $2000 and $4000 and there's only about 7 on Bikesales.com.au so should make a nice profit if I don't keep it.

We're thinking about $500 in repairs should have it good enough for road worthy.

Apparently it'll absolutely flog my ZZR so I'm quite keen to get it up and running and give it a spin :D

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
'90s as gently caress...got Deltabox, EXUP, and RR all on 1 little bike.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

Shimrod posted:

New wheels, new chain, new oils, fairing on the right side is cracked so needs to be fixed, new right side indicators, new rear grip and a new piece of fairing between the main seat and the rear seat.

There's also a blown fuse somewhere the guy mentioned and there are a few bolts for holding various parts together that the person he brought it from lost when he pulled the bike apart.

Brake pads and discs are fine, paint is a bit dodgey so might repaint it, engine works fine, gear box, etc. (from what we're told, fuel tank isn't connected but the guy lives up the road from me and seems nice so I'll take him at his word - I'll hook it all up tomorrow and check it out anyway).

They sell from anywhere between $2000 and $4000 and there's only about 7 on Bikesales.com.au so should make a nice profit if I don't keep it.

We're thinking about $500 in repairs should have it good enough for road worthy.

Apparently it'll absolutely flog my ZZR so I'm quite keen to get it up and running and give it a spin :D

Yeah, the 80/90s 250cc bikes really were an amazing feat of engineering. The amount of horsepower/torque they put out is actually quite impressive compared with the modern variants. Probably goes without saying that the engine lifespan expectancy is a lot lower, but I could be wrong.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

Odette posted:

Yeah, the 80/90s 250cc bikes really were an amazing feat of engineering. The amount of horsepower/torque they put out is actually quite impressive compared with the modern variants. Probably goes without saying that the engine lifespan expectancy is a lot lower, but I could be wrong.

Yeah, been chatting to a mate who lives in Sydney who has a mate with one - aparrently it should go 0-100km/h (0-60mph) in the 4 second bracket and can wheel stand in all gears :O

Pretty drat keen to fix it up and go for a spin :D

Even more keen to get into fixing it and learning all about the inside of a bike - the most I've done so far is an engine oil change, chain and sprockets change and a bit of fairing repair so should be a fun learning experience.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

ReggieCelsius posted:

my Honda ct110 postie bike (retired from Australia Post)

http://imgur.com/a/3uEJl

i hope that link works, should be an imgur album

Did you get that from the pickles auctions? How much did it cost?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
That's an awesome project at a great price, although the wheelies in every gear thing is total BS. Also that reminds me I need to post my thread about plastex fairing repair. I'll do it a bit later today.

ReggieCelsius
Feb 1, 2007

snortsly

Ephphatha posted:

Did you get that from the pickles auctions? How much did it cost?

I got it from a middleman who has a deal with Australia Post, its a 2008 with 25000kms on it, "A" graded (best possible condition) $1190, spent about $350 to get it to where it is now. (paint, exhaust, air filter, carb jet) Total $1540.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

Z3n posted:

That's an awesome project at a great price, although the wheelies in every gear thing is total BS. Also that reminds me I need to post my thread about plastex fairing repair. I'll do it a bit later today.

:(

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Shimrod posted:

:(

Sorry I will post it sometime tomorrow.

Unless your :( is about the wheelies thing in which case, buddy, it's a 250 that's not a dirtbike. Come on now. ;)

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

Z3n posted:

Sorry I will post it sometime tomorrow.

Unless your :( is about the wheelies thing in which case, buddy, it's a 250 that's not a dirtbike. Come on now. ;)

Yeah, the :( was for the wheelies thing :P Was a bit of a joke anyway, I'm too much of a pansy to actually try to wheel stand a bike deliberately because I'll probably go over and look like a jackass that's in a lot of pain :(

Got it running today, runs like a dream. Going to start a project thread in a second with all the pictures and videos and a running commentary of the whole shebang in a second.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

Shimrod posted:

Yeah, the :( was for the wheelies thing :P Was a bit of a joke anyway, I'm too much of a pansy to actually try to wheel stand a bike deliberately because I'll probably go over and look like a jackass that's in a lot of pain :(

Got it running today, runs like a dream. Going to start a project thread in a second with all the pictures and videos and a running commentary of the whole shebang in a second.

One of my friends had one of those as his first bike, they're shockingly fast for a 250, I had a bandit 250 at the time and the fzr stomped it. Sadly it got stolen from outside another friends house after only having it for a few months. In a rare case of cosmic justice the guy that stole it met a bad end not long after.

The EXUP valves can be problematic on them, its worth having a look at it

Don't let z3n discourage you. Americans never got any of the cool I4 250s and subsequently are all haters.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

echomadman posted:

Don't let z3n discourage you. Americans never got any of the cool I4 250s and subsequently are all haters.

I just want a little 250 I4 to play with :(

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?
Some stuff from sunday:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRzxch9N9n8

GanjamonII
Mar 24, 2001

invision posted:

Some stuff from sunday:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRzxch9N9n8

Thanks for taking that video dude! Is where that cuts out right before you crashed?

I remember that session, I was wishing that the passing rules in novice were more relaxed :)

invision
Mar 2, 2009

GanjamonII posted:

Thanks for taking that video dude! Is where that cuts out right before you crashed?

I remember that session, I was wishing that the passing rules in novice were more relaxed :)

Yeah I think it cuts out right before the launch, and I crashed at the turn-in to keyhole.

Here's the bike as it sits right now

e:funny story, my family obviously wants me to quit riding now because "I could've died" but doesn't want to say anything about it.

invision fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Mar 20, 2012

GanjamonII
Mar 24, 2001

invision posted:

Yeah I think it cuts out right before the launch, and I crashed at the turn-in to keyhole.

Here's the bike as it sits right now

Is the subframe bent or were the plastics just jacked up?

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Z3n posted:

I just want a little 250 I4 to play with :(

Someone was selling a 91 Bandit 250cc import from Japan not to long ago. I wanted it.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

Ziploc posted:

Someone was selling a 91 Bandit 250cc import from Japan not to long ago. I wanted it.

I miss my one. we had a half baked scheme to fit a gsxr 400 engine into it that just petered out and left us with a pile of parts that never got put back together.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

GanjamonII posted:

Is the subframe bent or were the plastics just jacked up?

the mounting tabs for the grab bar are definitely bent, and the plastics have a pretty big crack, but I'm not 100% on whether the subframe is screwed up or not.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

echomadman posted:

I miss my one. we had a half baked scheme to fit a gsxr 400 engine into it that just petered out and left us with a pile of parts that never got put back together.

I had one of the 250V models with VTECYO! as my leaner bike and it owned. I put some ridiculously sticky Diablos on it and rode it every full throttle. So much fun. Right up until the point I stuck it in a ditch.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Screwing with folks: Skeleton on a scooter...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSgNMglhIQc&feature=youtu.be

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

You know, we should probably have a CA version of the AI "You put WHAT on you car" thread.

Saw this while browsing local bikes. Low mileage V-Max? Hells yeah I'm interested... lets look at the photo here... GAH! What the gently caress where you thinking?

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-motorcycles-street-cruisers-choppers-Yamaha-V-Max-W0QQAdIdZ361532459

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Well, at least it comes off easily.

The weather forecast here finally says no more below-freezing days so all the bikes are out now! I saw eight Harley baggers, three Yamaha supersports and one interesting streetfighter of some sort. Except for one supersport (a woman) and the streetfighter (young guy), all the riders were middle-aged men.

Whee.

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE
animated motorcycle related short: Ruin

http://vimeo.com/38591304

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Gotta love the I4 sound coming out of that MT-01 and the acceleration without his hand on the throttle.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

My respect for the Norwegian postal service just went up a few points.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Slim Pickens posted:

A modern day scrambler? I love it. http://hellforleathermagazine.com/2012/03/custom-indigan-diablo/

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Mar 20, 2012

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
For those behind the paywall of pretentious motohipsterdom:
http://www.pipeburn.com/home/2012/3/20/indigans-diablo-moped.html

I've been casually looking around for a moped project even though I still have one bike in a hundred pieces in my basement. This thing isn't helping.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Slim Pickens posted:

That looks like more fun than a trouserful of greased squirrels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something

Ola posted:

My respect for the Norwegian postal service just went up a few points.

This has got to be an awesome job. I want to drive a ruckus around Norway for a living.