Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Banjodark posted:

one of my friends did. Felt immediately dirty when I told him who jessica chobot was.

Romancing a character based off a gamer girl journalist screams no standards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

One of the many life lessons I have learned is avoid sexual contact with people whose pants/skirt...thing defies physics.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

GruntyThrst posted:

One of the many life lessons I have learned is avoid sexual contact with people whose pants/skirt...thing defies physics.
I just don't really comprehend Allers' outfit. It's like some peculiar sporty kind of plastic/leather dress with tremendous cleavage; why would a reporter - even a reporter like her - be wearing that on cam all the time? Aggravating though she might be, at least al-Jilani dresses modestly.

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat

Sombrerotron posted:

I just don't really comprehend Allers' outfit. It's like some peculiar sporty kind of plastic/leather dress with tremendous cleavage; why would a reporter - even a reporter like her - be wearing that on cam all the time? Aggravating though she might be, at least al-Jilani dresses modestly.

It has nothing to do with modesty and everything to do with practicality. She's a war correspondent. Shouldn't she have some sort of gear? Cargo pants? Any pants? Body armor? Anything besides a ridiculous latex dress?

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Synonamess Botch posted:

It has nothing to do with modesty and everything to do with practicality. She's a war correspondent. Shouldn't she have some sort of gear? Cargo pants? Any pants? Body armor? Anything besides a ridiculous latex dress?

There is a throw away line in one of her conversations that research shows that it leads to higher rating.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Thank goodness you get a chance to back out of her romance. I accidentally selected a flirty option after the Rannoch mission.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

BexGu posted:

There is a throw away line in one of her conversations that research shows that it leads to higher rating.

Oh, cool, it's awesome that they cleverly had the character rationalize the sexist design so that I didn't think the creators were--

Hey, wait a minute!

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Can I start a kickstarter campaign for Bioware to create DLC where you get to shove Allers into the airlock and blast her out into space?

Please?

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Synonamess Botch posted:

In all fairness, she never comes along for the fights anyway, so there's little need for practicality. Wearing a uniform would be considerably more appropriate within the setting of a military ship, though.

cbservo
Dec 26, 2009

by exmarx
http://www.gamesradar.com/massage-your-eyes-sexy-good-mass-effect-3-portraits-imagine-fxs-special-game-art-issue/

This is some really, really good ME3 art. The Mordin, Zaaed, and Shepard ones are particularly well done.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Banjodark posted:

one of my friends did. Felt immediately dirty when I told him who jessica chobot was.

Her new husband, fellow G4 correspondent Blair Herter, also threatened to find and physically assault anyone who romances her in the game. I believed him.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Phylodox posted:

Her new husband, fellow G4 correspondent Blair Herter, also threatened to find and physically assault anyone who romances her in the game. I believed him.
Not that anyone needs an incentive to stay away from Ms. Allers, but:

I'm pretty sure I could take him on, unless he secretly does muay-thai or something.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Phylodox posted:

If anything that will just encourage people now.

E: Poor guy's Twitter or Facebook is going to be flooded with screenshots of all manner of Shepards doing things to his wife.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

cbservo posted:

http://www.gamesradar.com/massage-your-eyes-sexy-good-mass-effect-3-portraits-imagine-fxs-special-game-art-issue/

This is some really, really good ME3 art. The Mordin, Zaaed, and Shepard ones are particularly well done.
It's great that that one Eastern European guy still furiously applies Photoshop's Sharpen filter a dozen times on each otherwise excellent picture he draws.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Does anybody have any specific suggestions on characters to bring to different missions just for their comments?

People recommended bringing Javik to Thessia and it was definitely worth it for all of his "Really, you don't see the resemblance?" comments.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Phylodox posted:

Imagine how he will react to inevitable gross erotic fanart.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

tadashi posted:

Does anybody have any specific suggestions on characters to bring to different missions just for their comments?

People recommended bringing Javik to Thessia and it was definitely worth it for all of his "Really, you don't see the resemblance?" comments.

Garrus and Javik are a good team for the Downed Turian Squad quest-chain on Tuchanka.

Take EDI to Grissom Academy if you completed Project Overlord in Mass Effect 2.

Take Garrus along to any quests that involve squadmates from Mass Effect one or two.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

etalian posted:

Romancing a character based off a gamer girl journalist screams no standards.

She wanted some of my maleshep and i straight up rejected her.

I have standards. I'd rather get a crack at Dr. Chakwas.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Dan Didio posted:

Take EDI to Grissom Academy if Jack survived ME2, regardless of any DLC.

Rannoch missions: on the very first one (where Tali is mandatory), bring EDI. Don't bring EDI on the others, she's still tactically useful but has little content.

The N7 missions don't really have any plot content, so feel free to use them to test squadmate combinations.

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

Sombrerotron posted:

I just don't really comprehend Allers' outfit. It's like some peculiar sporty kind of plastic/leather dress with tremendous cleavage; why would a reporter - even a reporter like her - be wearing that on cam all the time?
Answer: Bioware.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Happy_Misanthrope posted:

Answer: Bioware.

They know their fanbase especially with the whole Tali thing.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

etalian posted:

They know their fanbase especially with the whole Tali thing.
They're a bunch of pricks for actually showing a picture of Tali's face (even if it was a cheap as heck Photoshop).

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Sombrerotron posted:

They're a bunch of pricks for actually showing a picture of Tali's face (even if it was a cheap as heck Photoshop).
They made up for it with (late-game) Tali and Garrus hooking up, though. :v:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Maybe it's just because you don't get Ashley until a bit later in the game but I feel like they put a tremendous amount more effort in the romance between Shepard and Liara than they did with Shepard and Ashley. Perhaps it's because there was more interesting conversations intertwined between the romance ones I dunno.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

gibbed posted:

They made up for it with (late-game) Tali and Garrus hooking up, though. :v:
I still think drunk Tali bitching about Miranda was my highlight on the Normandy.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Kifisonfire posted:

I still think drunk Tali bitching about Miranda was my highlight on the Normandy.

Hungover Ashley was great too. As was several of Javik's bits.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

NihilCredo posted:

Rannoch missions: on the very first one (where Tali is mandatory), bring EDI. Don't bring EDI on the others, she's still tactically useful but has little content.

The N7 missions don't really have any plot content, so feel free to use them to test squadmate combinations.

I just run with Vega and whoever on the N7 missions since they are just tactical and inferno ammo is overpowered on the standard game difficulty.

I have a question about the Rannoch missions:

I thought I could come back to the admiral debate after I took down the Geth Fighter Squadrons (There is a question about keeping the patrol fleet with the civilian fleet or not). It turns out I was wrong and they weren't debating when I came back after doing a retrieval side quest. It doesn't seem like that had any effect on the Rannoch outcome. Is that just something for rep points?

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Hungover Ashley was great too. As was several of Javik's bits.

I think this happens concurrently to that- Javik and James in the mess hall was the best thing out of nowhere.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Wampus42 posted:

I think this happens concurrently to that- Javik and James in the mess hall was the best thing out of nowhere.
It's either Javik and James telling jokes, or Garrus and James boasting about how awesome they are. Both are great.

I really like what they did with squadmate chatter and dialog in the game.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

Wampus42 posted:

Man, I figured I was pretty thorough in my playthrough, but I guess I missed a bunch of squad interactions. My favourite apart from Garrus/Tali was the chatter between James and Tali prior to the first mission she was available for.

"It just... came out."
"Right."

Doc Dee
Feb 15, 2012

THANKS FOR MAKING ME SPEND MONEY, T
Finally got around to finishing SP to see the ending.

People complain too much.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Doc Dee posted:

Finally got around to finishing SP to see the ending.

People complain too much.

And then you think about it for five minutes and next thing you know you're right back here complaining as loudly as anyone.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Phylodox posted:

And then you think about it for five minutes and next thing you know you're right back here complaining as loudly as anyone.

Or not, like me.Still like the ending in retrospect. Still get PMs from people accusing me of trolling.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Lazyhound posted:

Man, I figured I was pretty thorough in my playthrough, but I guess I missed a bunch of squad interactions. My favourite apart from Garrus/Tali was the chatter between James and Tali prior to the first mission she was available for.

"It just... came out."
"Right."
Joker is the best dude.

(late-game?) http://i.imgur.com/Pc20y.jpg

Count Choculitis
Sep 13, 2007

I love you, Shepard. I always have. I want to understand what this is between us... and make it real.

tadashi posted:

Dan Didio posted:

Garrus and Javik are a good team for the Downed Turian Squad quest-chain on Tuchanka.

Take Garrus along to any quests that involve squadmates from Mass Effect one or two.

NihilCredo posted:

I'll add that bringing Kaidan to the Illusive Man's base was a highlight of the game for me. He finally gets to hear the details of the Lazarus Project and sees how perfectly TIM manipulated Shepard, and apologizes (again) for not trusting you.

I've put all these in the OP - does anyone have others to add?

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Knowledge is born from Curiosity.

tadashi posted:

I have a question about the Rannoch missions:

I thought I could come back to the admiral debate after I took down the Geth Fighter Squadrons (There is a question about keeping the patrol fleet with the civilian fleet or not). It turns out I was wrong and they weren't debating when I came back after doing a retrieval side quest. It doesn't seem like that had any effect on the Rannoch outcome. Is that just something for rep points?

Yeah, it's just rep points.

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

I POSSESS QUESTIONABLE TASTE IN TOUHOU GAMES

NihilCredo posted:

If you're a femShep that romanced Garrus, bring him to Grissom, too. Bring Garrus to a lot of things because his banter is the best. Ditto Javik.

Bring Liara to Priority: Tuchanka so she can sperg about the scenery. I think James gets some good lines in the Tuchanka based missions. Bringing EDI to Sanctuary is interesting if you check out all of the video consoles. Ash might react like Kaidan does to TIM playing Shep like a fiddle with the Lazarus Project and crew construction, I don't know because Ash is :geno:.

MadRhetoric fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Mar 20, 2012

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

gibbed posted:

Joker is the best dude.

(late-game?) http://i.imgur.com/Pc20y.jpg

He gets his dream wish of being able to make out with a computer.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Count Choculitis posted:

I'll add that bringing Kaidan to the Illusive Man's base was a highlight of the game for me. He finally gets to hear the details of the Lazarus Project and sees how perfectly TIM manipulated Shepard, and apologizes (again) for not trusting you.

Kaidan/Ashely didn't even join my Renegade Hardass McAsshole Shep's squad. I take it from your comment that I could've convinced him/her to be a squadmate again?

Also, I liked the ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

Ezekiel 23:20
Take Javik to Tuchanka. It's brief, but he likes Wrex's style.

• Locked thread