Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Branis posted:

Those people love to talk about how they aren't rich on 100k a year, but they are able to do things us poors would never dream of like paying for their childrens college and saving a large chunk of money for retirement and spending 1500 loving dollars a month on gas and food. That rear end in a top hat spends almost as much on gas and food as I take home in a month. In conclusion, gently caress the author.

I think the best weapon anybody can have if they want to change minds is empathy and sympathy.

I agree, the idea of being able to pay for a child's college or for retirement is a luxury, one that is unfortunately disappearing. But also consider the background they might have: They may consider being able to pay for you child's college as part of life, not a luxury known only to a lucky few.

Many of us are fortunate in some ways, and it can be difficult to see the world in a different way sometimes, to imagine being without these advantages and blessings that may have been with us since birth.

If you get a link like this, you can generally point out the advantages and get someone to look at stuff in a different way. You might be surprised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmuglyDismissed
Nov 27, 2007
IGNORE ME!!!

quote:

We live in the Tampa, Florida area, where we had our 1,800-square-foot home built at the top of the housing bubble. I’d feel a lot richer if I could take the $183,000 we spent seven years ago and buy a home twice the size today in a better neighborhood.

I think this is the most telling quote.

If he could get his money back, the first thing he thinks about is blowing it all on 3,600 sqft house. Sounds like someone needs to stop worrying about how rich they deserve to feel.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
I work from home so I don't think I really feel the impact of gas prices, but I had a 25 mile round trip commute which I feel like is pretty typical back when gas hit $4 in 2008... how do you spend $500 a month on gas?

Do you just leave your hummer idling in the driveway?

SmuglyDismissed
Nov 27, 2007
IGNORE ME!!!

Stew Man Chew posted:

I work from home so I don't think I really feel the impact of gas prices, but I had a 25 mile round trip commute which I feel like is pretty typical back when gas hit $4 in 2008... how do you spend $500 a month on gas?

Do you just leave your hummer idling in the driveway?

Maybe they pay the gas costs of their son's new car they bought so he could deliver pizzas.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
NEW CAR FOR DELIVERING PIZZAS.

SO THEIR KID COULD EARN MONEY FOR SCHOOL.

Jesus gently caress how do you make that much money while being that stupid?

ants on my cum rag
Sep 2, 2011

"Oh God you got the spray gun, DO NOT LOSE IT, you seriously better not screw this up, I'm not kidding"
~~The Battle Hymn of the Contra Tiger Mother~~
This reminds me of that article by Bob "BobServo" Mackey:

http://www.somethingawful.com/d/news/american-dream-denied.php

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Hey, the dumbshit wrote another of those a few months ago:

http://shine.yahoo.com/work-money/first-person-50-000-salary-felt-minimum-wage-194000717.html#more-id

quote:

Combating work stress by paying others

I rarely took vacations when I was working at home because I did not have a lot of stress. With a stressful job, I needed to take expensive vacations just to unwind. I started getting weekly massages. With less time and more to juggle, I paid for someone to mow my lawn and clean my house. I was spending $100 more a week due to job stress.

When I looked at my records, I could trace a grand total of $700 a week that I was spending because of my employment. That left me with a net of $300 a week or $7.50 an hour. My high paying job equaled minimum wage.

:staredog:

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?
Those lucky poors, destroying their bodies to make rate and not get fired from their $10/hr warehouse job. They don't know what stress is like.

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

This reminds me of the "HENRY'S" (High Earners Not Rich Yet).

Article from 2008 but relevant to the discussion of dip shits hell bent on burning money on useless poo poo then complaining they don't make enough. http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2008/fortune/0810/gallery.tully_henrys.fortune/index.html

gently caress all these people straight to hell.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

The things you think rich people have are the things that will keep you from getting rich.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
I will post some disjointed commentary about a subject that I do not understand in any meaningful way. I will get paid 50,000 dollars a year to do it.

http://voices.yahoo.com/first-person-minimum-wage-increase-good-thing-10750389.html

quote:

COMMENTARY | My teenage son jut got a pay raise for the New Year, thanks to a minimum wage rate increase in Florida.

According to CNNMoney, eight states are adjusting their minimum wage rates to keep pace with inflation. Florida joins Arizona, Colorado, Oregon, Ohio, Washington, Montana and Vermont in raising minimum wage between 28 to 37 cents an hour.

Federal minimum wage is $7.25.

Although it may seem like a small boost in pay, the increase could put an extra $500 a year in my hardworking son's pocket. That translates into the college textbooks books he needs to buy for the year.

I am a firm believer in teens getting minimum-wage jobs or completing internships that may lead to a "real job." I believe it's that minimum wage job that motivates most people to finish college or start their own businesses.

Some people depend on minimum wage jobs in order to survive. They don't have mom or dad paying their car insurance, rent or grocery bills.

Economists say the increase in minimum wage will boost the economy as consumers have more money to spend.

On the downside, the money for increasing minimum wage has to come from somewhere. Some critics argue that the increase in minimum wage will lead to higher prices.

Business owners either raise prices on products or hire fewer people. In the end, customers may have to deal with poor customer service and overworked employees.

Senior citizens benefit least unless they are earning minimum-wage themselves. Statistically, senior citizens typically lose out to young adults seeking the minimum-wage jobs. It's more likely retired people will have to deal with even higher prices.

Minimum-wage jobs, unfortunately, were not really meant for the middle-aged person with a family to support or elderly on a fixed income. They are better suited for the teenager living at home with fewer expenses.

Sadly, it's not just the teens relying on the minimum wage jobs anymore.

quote:

First Person: Why I'm Not Scared of Another Market Crash

Although I was deeply troubled by the stock market crash of 2008, I learned the problem was only on paper. Time heals all wounds and it also appears to work on financial wounds. Now, I just keep plenty of cash in reserve as a cushion in case of another stock market crash.

See, that's all you have to do, have plenty of cash! I don't know why you losers are all worrying!

http://voices.yahoo.com/how-reduced-car-insurance-premium-10401599.html

quote:

Cutting comprehensive and collision

We had to keep the comp and collision intact for our new vehicle, but could remove it for our other two cars, which are much older. In addition, the insurance representative suggested removing emergency road service on the two older cars to save money. This saved us $539 for six months or $90/month. With cellular phones and three cars, we depend on our family to assist us if we are stranded on the side of the road.

I'm not sure how she's having such money troubles if her other two cars are old enough to drop comprehensive and collision...or is "much older" like 2008 or something?

Oh dear god:
http://voices.yahoo.com/retiring-comic-books-8684829.html?cat=3

quote:

Retiring on Comic Books
My Husband's Collections Versus My 401K
Laura Cone

I save money for retirement with a 401K and a Roth IRA, while my husband collects comic books and Magic the Gathering cards for his backup retirement plan.

Who is crazy? While companies such as GM have filed for bankruptcy, copies of his "Wolverine," "Spiderman," "Wonder Woman" and "Flash" have steadily climbed in value.

When Gary Dahlberg, a retired bus driver from Minneapolis died, he left behind a 20,000 comic book collection valued at $1 million.

Here are some of the collections we have toyed around with and how we plan to get the most retirement cash out of the investments:

Comic books

Like the retired bus driver, my husband carefully catalogues and preserves his comic books using plastic liners and cardboard boxes. Comic books that have been soaked in coffee stains are not as valuable. Since the entire investment could literally go up in flames, it's important to insure valuable comic book collections. Use an official grading guide book to determine the value of the collections.

Magic the Gathering

My husband has a collection of more than 20,000 Magic the Gathering cards, which are used for playing the strategy game. It's extremely frustrating to organize the cards so they don't take over the house. Like the comic books, it's important to keep the valuable cards organized in protective books. Keep the most valuable cards in a fire proof safe.

Antiques and artwork

It is usually free to have antique furniture or other item assessed by a professional appraiser. Always get a second opinion. While relatives are still living, make sure to keep records of the style of furniture, the country of origin, the age and any other pertinent details that may help with the appraisal. Don't store valuable antiques, old books with inscriptions and artwork in your garage.

Nostalgic collections

I keep a frivolous collection of the Looney Toons glasses from the 1970s. Nostalgic collections such as mine do not necessarily go up in value. I collect the glasses more for fun. Other nostalgic collections that I would not bank on for retirement funds include doll collections, glassware, fast food restaurant toys. A few Barbie dolls increase in value so I keep mine in the original cases.

My husband is more skeptical about whether it's safe to invest in the stock market, but I have complete confidence in it. Still, having an art, comic book or other valuable collection is a great way to diversify your retirement portfolio.

More from this contributor:

I wonder how Mrs. Cone's "girlfriend" feels about her "boo hoo my 100k = minimum wage!" article.
http://voices.yahoo.com/using-survival-instincts-become-8633519.html?cat=3

quote:

One of my best friends from college is staying with her family at one of the National Parks right now. They aren't camping for fun. They are temporarily homeless until they find a landlord who will let them rent using a voucher from public housing.

Some experts say the average American family is just a few paychecks away from being in the same situation as my girlfriend.

So how are those pizza-delivering "Gen Y, or Zippie" sons of hers doing?
http://voices.yahoo.com/signs-teen-abusing-xanax-8578271.html?cat=5

quote:

Signs Your Teen is Abusing Your Xanax

edit: just noticed that it's "Signs Your Teen is Abusing Your Xanax." Christ, this woman is a walking stereotype.

My god, on 100k, we could hardly afford new cherry wood cabinets! People just don't understand how hard it is to make ends meet! I must share my financial expertise with the world!

BOLD THE WHOLE loving THING.

http://voices.yahoo.com/first-person-spending-domino-effect-8549641.html?cat=3

quote:

First Person: The Spending Domino Effect of a Home Purchase
How Buying Begets Buying
Laura Cone

The more you spend, the more you spend. I've noticed the domino effect of my purchases throughout the years. It's not that the more you buy, the more you need. It's that when you buy one thing you begin to want other things to create aesthetic harmony.

The spending domino effect is especially noticeable when you purchase a home. Spending begets spending. I think it's the natural tendency of people to gravitate toward environments that are aesthetically pleasing.

Here's how the purchase of our new home had a domino effect on other purchase decisions in the past six years:

The home purchase leads to decorating

Almost everyone I know who purchases a home wants to decorate. When I sold my townhouse, I sold the curtains and lighting fixtures along with the home. In my new home, I spent money on paint, new drapes, rugs to match the drapes, new shower curtains and matching accessories for the bathroom.

Decorating leads to new furniture

After decorating, it seemed out of place to have old furniture. We bought several new furniture pieces. We wanted furniture that coordinated well with the decorating scheme in the house. It's not that we needed all the new furniture that we purchased. We just wanted it. Buying begets buying.

[b]New furniture leads to coordinating cabinets

With the new dark leather soft in the living room, it only seemed right to purchase dark cherry wood cabinets in the kitchen since it opened up to the living room. When you put in new cabinets, they demolish the old countertops.

New cabinets leads to new countertops

Since we had to replace the old countertops, we decided to get something really spectacular. Since I am into the feng shui decorating ideas and we also like to be green, I chose the recycled glass countertops. They aren't cheap, but they went beautifully with the cabinets.

New countertops leads to new appliances

With an entirely new kitchen, it seemed ridiculous to have boring white appliances. We upgraded to stainless steel appliances to create a contemporary look. We opted for the energy efficient appliances.

New kitchen leads to new floors

It did not take many years for our carpet to be worn out in the great room. In addition, our ceramic tile floors in the kitchen began to crack. But the real reason for purchasing oak engineered hardwood is that that it was more aesthetically pleasing. I feel more relaxed and comfortable in a nice environment.

Without a doubt, making one single purchase, such as the purchase of home, can lead to much more spending.

But the good new is that even though we spent thousands of dollars upgrading and decorating our new home, we are still further ahead financially than we would be if we jumped from house to house.

Because, whether you intend for it to be the case or not, each time you make another home purchase you will sink money into the house. It's not that houses are money pits. It's just the law of aesthetics that people will spend until their surroundings reflect how they interpret who they are.

After we finished our decorating, our best next purchase was a new golden retriever puppy, who is thankfully, house trained.

And she loving PURCHASED a puppy.

I am filled with hatred right now.

VideoTapir fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Mar 23, 2012

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Doc Hawkins posted:

The things you think rich people have are the things that will keep you from getting rich.

Yeah, like fillings.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

quote:

With an entirely new kitchen, it seemed ridiculous to have boring white appliances.

Yes, that was the ridiculous part.

ants on my cum rag
Sep 2, 2011

"Oh God you got the spray gun, DO NOT LOSE IT, you seriously better not screw this up, I'm not kidding"
~~The Battle Hymn of the Contra Tiger Mother~~

myron cope posted:

Yes, that was the ridiculous part.

What the gently caress was he supposed to do, you loving idiot? Buy regular poo poo? gently caress off. How will his rich neighbours react when they see he has fridges that aren't made of ivory and small Chinese children? I can hear it now. Their scoffs of derision as the mexican worker who cleans his body is clearly from Argentina, not Brazil.

You aren't really a loving idiot. I love you, really

modig
Aug 20, 2002

Maybe if you were HypnoBorn you wouldn't be poor, and you would stop mocking Mrs. Cone.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Oh ffs, another one of these.

First Person: How to Earn $100,000 and Still Feel Poor

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/first-person-earn-more-100-000-still-feel-151200753.html

This article is total bullshit, but does point out that earning a high income has very little to do with being smart.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
How the gently caress do you spend 350 bucks a month on heat, water, and electricity for a family of four? Admittedly it was a long time ago, but I remember in early 2000's for my family of four spending all together somewhere like 120 bucks a month for all three.

Also, 175 dollars a month on internet and telephone. hahahahha

Z-Magic
Feb 19, 2011

They talk about the people and the proletariat, I talk about the suckers and the mugs - it's the same thing. They have their five-year plans, so have I.

Guilty posted:

How the gently caress do you spend 350 bucks a month on heat, water, and electricity for a family of four?

By having a house that is way bigger than you need?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Guilty posted:

How the gently caress do you spend 350 bucks a month on heat, water, and electricity for a family of four? Admittedly it was a long time ago, but I remember in early 2000's for my family of four spending all together somewhere like 120 bucks a month for all three.

If this is including a 4 iphone plan (it probably is) that's really reasonable.

One of the bigger problems this points out is that we as a society feel we need and deserve things like iphones for our 8 year olds.

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
Yeah it trips me out when someone calls me to add their 17 year old to their auto insurance plus a 2011 mazda 6 for them. "Whattya mean my policy increases $1400 every 6 months!?" yeah dude, you got a teenager a 6 speed turbo, buy them a 1994 beater car like a sane person.

NatasDog
Feb 9, 2009

CCKeane posted:

These are useful. You can segue these into "Imagine how a family making half that would suffer."

I find these articles very frustrating as well, but I do think they can be used for a good end.

Also who the hell spends a grand on food for a family of four? What the hell are they eating?

To be fair, my family of four averages 6-800 a month most months, but there was a time when we were going over the $1,000 mark. It wasn't until I started using Yodlee to track my expenses that I really had an easy way to get a handle on my finances. Using this I was able to talk my wife into being more selective in her shopping habits. Granted, we still eat pretty well and I realize there are a number of things we could do to bring the costs further down, it's not hard to spend a lot of cash if you don't clip coupons and keep an eye on your frivolous purchases. This in no way excuses the blind spot people making 6 figure salaries have towards those making far less, but I can easily see how grocery purchases can get that far out of hand.

That said, I'm in a far better position than most in the current economic situation. The main difference is, I realize my position is privileged and I'm thankful every day that I make somewhere around twice the median income so I can afford to do nice things with my family like go cross country and visit our national parks and monuments with the ample vacation time my job provides. I realize my situation is unique and instead of asking for others to be dragged down to our declining standard of living, I advocate getting those 'beneath' me economically elevated to my level. I also make it a point to impress this on my kids, so that when they're grown they're not as tone deaf as the people who find themselves in these articles come off as.

KillerBean
May 5, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Oh ffs, another one of these.

First Person: How to Earn $100,000 and Still Feel Poor

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/first-person-earn-more-100-000-still-feel-151200753.html

maybe you shouldn't live in hot rear end florida so that you can save the $350+ a month on utilities you piece of privileged trash :qq:

archangelwar
Oct 28, 2004

Teaching Moments

Guilty posted:

AT&T unlimited plan with basic rollover and text messaging runs me $152/mo (for two).

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

archangelwar posted:

AT&T unlimited plan with basic rollover and text messaging runs me $152/mo (for two).

What services are included in that? I'm asking because I pay like 35€/month for both internet and mobile phone (16k flatrate for the former) and I'm wondering whether prices are just generally that much higher in the US or if there are a some extra services that I don't get.

Hezballer Status
Apr 8, 2010

by T. Mascis
That's 175 for telephone, cable and Internet. That seems fairly reasonable. More than I would spend, but whatever.

The 250 a week grocery bill for :qq:just the basics:qq: is loving dumb as hell though.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

quote:

Diffuse 6 Common Calorie Bombs When Dining Out
8/25/2011
I love fine dining. It's an experience to savor every morsel, but morsels can quickly turn into pounds. How I recognize and diffuse 6 common calorie bombs even when there is no nutritional guide.

The best way to diffuse a bomb is to allow it to explode.

quote:

Laura Cone has been writing for more than 20 years. She has a bachelor's degree in English from Valparaiso University, Indiana.

I cannot get enough of how awful this woman is in every respect.

VideoTapir fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Mar 23, 2012

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Perestroika posted:

What services are included in that? I'm asking because I pay like 35€/month for both internet and mobile phone (16k flatrate for the former) and I'm wondering whether prices are just generally that much higher in the US or if there are a some extra services that I don't get.
Nope, just that much higher. In the US I pay a flat fee per month of $102.55 to ATT to have service. When I'm back home in the UK my pay as you go plan on Vodafone runs me about £25 for the same general usage. I hear its even worse in Canada though.

KillerBean
May 5, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Hezballer Status posted:

The 250 a week grocery bill for :qq:just the basics:qq: is loving dumb as hell though.

you have to buy name brand because you dont want the checkout girl at whole foods to think you're poor

:negative:

archangelwar
Oct 28, 2004

Teaching Moments

Perestroika posted:

It is just that expensive sadly. :( Sometimes I check prices from European carriers just so I can be depressed.

Basically, I have the old school unlimited data plan, 900 family rollover minutes, and basic text messaging. I would love to drop text and use apps for texting, but my family and friends are still on flip phones. That would only save me $10/month.

Also my bill shows a new "subscription" for 9.99/month and I have no idea where the gently caress that came from. Another fun day on the phone with AT&T.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
I recently read an article about how 150k wasn't enough for a family to get by on. Who in the gently caress actually writes this poo poo?

I live in an affordable house, and it will be paid off in less than 15 years. It still has 2 full baths and 4 bedrooms. My dad's attitude was always about moving up and buying the next bigger and better thing. He has 4 cars and 3 Harleys, and he buys unnecessary poo poo all the time. He and his brother have tried to one up each other their entire lives, and now his brother just got laid off, and he's got a 4k square foot home for just himself to pay for. I don't ever want to be in that position!

I'm just glad that I know that happiness doesn't cost anything. Lots of people try to buy their way out of unhappiness.

Also, I pay 200+ bucks a month in the winter for my gas and electric. This winter was mild, but I've paid over 300 a month in years past.

NatasDog
Feb 9, 2009

Leon Einstein posted:

Also, I pay 200+ bucks a month in the winter for my gas and electric. This winter was mild, but I've paid over 300 a month in years past.
Energy prices vary pretty wildly from state to state too. When I lived in the Detroit area natural gas was widely available and cheap as hell, so I averaged 150-200 a month for electric+gas in the winter. My hot water, stove, and dryer were all tied in to gas as well. When I moved to PA I ended up getting a house in an area with only electric available unless you want to put a propane tank outside your house or get some kind of wood burner; but the setup cost ends up cancelling any savings you might get over the next couple decades really. Plus you have to deal with the logistics of keeping chopped wood, coal, or wood pellets on hand and dry.

So now I'm stuck paying 300+ most months in the winter, and my heat's mainly supplied by heat pump with electric baseboard heaters in the event it gets really cold. There's really not much I can do to make it more economical either since I've already had the old single pane windows replaced with double pane, sealed around my doors, and re-insulated my attic as well. It's not entirely unreasonable to spend that much depending on the area, and I imagine in someplace like Florida any savings you get by not having to heat as much in the winter gets overshadowed by cooling costs in the summer.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Yeah, my windows are old, but I keep my thermostat at 59 in the winter. I've got a heated mattress pad, so that's how I survive!

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Leon Einstein posted:

I recently read an article about how 150k wasn't enough for a family to get by on. Who in the gently caress actually writes this poo poo?

Laura Cone, mother of two Zippie Xanax addict boys, and pontificator on alternative birthing methods, who was also recently made aware that some unspecified experts suspect that there may be people who live entirely off of minimum wage, writes this poo poo.

Hezballer Status
Apr 8, 2010

by T. Mascis

KillerBean posted:

you have to buy name brand because you dont want the checkout girl at whole foods to think you're poor

:negative:

I shop at Aldi where all the patrons are looked on with contempt and disgust. :smug:

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

Hezballer Status posted:

I shop at Aldi where all the patrons are looked on with contempt and disgust. :smug:

The cashiers at Aldi make like 18 bucks an hour. They're a good company to work for. My fiancee applied for a summer internship that pays 900 a week. That's pretty loving solid! Figures it's a German company; American companies want interns to work for free.

NatasDog
Feb 9, 2009

Hezballer Status posted:

God, I've tried shopping at my local Aldi and the layout is just so loving haphazard it's an exercise in frustration.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Hezballer Status posted:

I've had a guy tell me that he refuses to shop at Aldi (and Lidl) because "that's where all the scum goes". Yeah have fun paying double to triple for pretty much everything, rear end in a top hat.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Guilty posted:

Those are all reasonable costs. It really depends on your locality for the utilities. If you have an oil furnace, hah, you are getting killed.

My step parents have an oil furnace. They installed a wood burning stove in their family room because it was less expensive way to heat the house.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
350 a month on utilities is pretty nuts, but if you're in an area like inland California where it alternates between hot as gently caress and cold as gently caress and your house has no insulation because I'm convinced Californians don't know what insulation is and energy and water are expensive as all gently caress then it's plausible.

And 175 for internet and phone is pretty good actually. Granted I have baller cable and an iPhone but my bill for that stuff combined is nowhere near that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babies havin rabies
Feb 24, 2006

Perestroika posted:

I've had a guy tell me that he refuses to shop at Aldi (and Lidl) because "that's where all the scum goes". Yeah have fun paying double to triple for pretty much everything, rear end in a top hat.

Aldi and Trader Joe's have the same owners. If you see a product that looks identical between the two stores, there is a 99.9% chance it is exactly the same product and is probably more expensive at the latter.

This is also why both companies pay awesome wages, give full benefits and retirement to every employee (at least at TJ's), and carry no debt.