Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009

Thermophonic Joy posted:

Just got these in the mail:

These are so awesome- I might try my hand at making some.

Ah, it's finally spring break and I have a moment to thank everyone for the awesome goon mail I've received over the last month:

A hugely belated thanks to Muse of All Soup, Aunt Buck, and PirateScurvy. All candy was eaten immediately.

Famine Poodle and Miryei sent some lovely stickers and stationery. I love how the fake cash has 'COPY' on it- as though the size difference wasn't enough. (unless Canadian cash is smaller and I'm clueless.)

Hyper Hazard sent an awesome Where's Waldo postcard with a hand drawn version involving sharks on the back! (I love sharks! :3:) Tragedy Sherbert went above and beyond sending me a hand made CUP COZY!

:cheers: AWW YES :cheers: good bye forever cold hands!

Thanks everyone! I've sent out about 20 St. Patrick's Day cards- hope they all get to their goons safely :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

hyperhazard posted:

For some reason I spent the last few days believing that today was St. Patrick's Day. I woke up this morning after a long night drawing shamrocks and realized that I was insane.

I have about 10 cards done so far that will be going out tomorrow (including yours, cardboardRobot. Took me two &%$*@#!! weeks to find a set of 6x9 envelopes.) I attempted handmade ones this time, so they might look a little special.

Anyone have a preference for shamrocks vs. beer steins?

Got your Where's Waldo postcard in the mail yesterday, and wanted to say a quick thank you! I love it... but I haven't yet found Waldo. :ohdear:

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Thermophonic Joy posted:

Got your Where's Waldo postcard in the mail yesterday, and wanted to say a quick thank you! I love it... but I haven't yet found Waldo. :ohdear:
Even with my hint? :)

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

Hello everyone who send me great mail recently, due to a baby I have been very busy with all kinds of stuff like changing diapers and not sleeping. This will prevent me from sending anything in the future as well or participate actively in this thread. So Lamb, can you please remove me from the list? This only seems fair and I will join back up when my life is easier, which likely will be never or only in a year or four.

Thank for all the mail, goons! It was a great time...

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

First, apologies for not continuing to reply to this thread. I have had some seriously bad stuff going on in my head for the past few months, and things like thanking people and being polite kinda went out the window. :(

However, I do want to say thank you to the people who sent me that last bit of goonmail. I recently moved (which has NOT been good for my stress levels) and I am not sure where I put my goonmail box, so I can't remember who it was from. I think it was from at least three goons, and I thank you all so much. Receiving random goonmail always makes me happier for a while.

I do want to continue participating in this thread, and maybe when I finally can stop paying rent for two places at once, I can save up and buy some envelopes or something.

All you guys are really making a difference, even if it's in just a small way. Getting letters that say that people who don't know me might actually like me helps. Increasing goon happiness is a worthy endeavour. :3:

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Thanks Team Lunch for the St Patricks day stuff!

topenga
Jul 1, 2003

Pillory Soft posted:

Another batch of Goonentines, NOW with image-y goodness. Thank you!

Topenga - Woo, stickersplosion! I had no idea who the people on the Valentine were until I flipped it over. This is what happens when the only current TV shows you watch are Hoarders and Archer.

Honestly, I think that's pretty drat funny! :)
You know what sucks, though? I didn't know that boxed kids Valentine's Day cards had gotten so cheap! Bad paper, and worst of all, NO LITTLE ENVELOPES! I was bummed. So bummed that I decided, STICKERS FOR EVERYONE!!!

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Palette swap posted:

Hey when worlds collide:

I received your letter last week, and I love everything in it (I have the Canadian Tire money in my wallet). Sorry for not posting it earlier.
Also I got a card from Rufus En Fuego

Oh good! You got it! That made my day. I hope I didn't gently caress up with my memory again, but I am definitely glad it got to you. Canadian Tire money is funny. Cheers. :)

That Dracula thing is hilarious, I wanna read up more on that.

Thanks again for the great run, folks. I'm still buying envelope stuffers in preparation for when I come back. See you next time...

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I think I just got holiday mail from MuseOfAllSoup. I'm not sure because it's been a while, but thanks! :glomp:

wildlifeatlas
Jun 25, 2010
Thanks to Team Lunch for the St. Patty's day mail. I'll be sending out a few of my own next week, after yet another address change.

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
Hey Team Lunch! Thank you for the St. Patrick's day mail! I'm doing the little painting thingy right now. :buddy:

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this
Alright, since it seems my goontines didnt make it to some people, I'm re-sending them with some St. Patrick's day goodies as well. The post office in my town is incredibly understaffed and somehow mail has gone missing for other people in my neighborhood as well :( sorry they're going to be so late!

Also I'm moving at the end of the week! :woop: So after the 18th I won't be able to receive mail until I can set up my PO box. I'll still send out stuff though because I have a ton of stamps and cards.

Palette swap
Mar 29, 2010

"There is a professional misconduct hearing over here with your name on it"
Yesterday I got a postcard from hyperhazard:

drat that's a fine camel.

And a letter from Thermophonic Joy:

Tons of cool stuff, I hope I have the chance to use the map.(Also did you like the movie?).

when worlds collide posted:

Oh good! You got it! That made my day. I hope I didn't gently caress up with my memory again, but I am definitely glad it got to you. Canadian Tire money is funny. Cheers. :)

That Dracula thing is hilarious, I wanna read up more on that.

Thanks again for the great run, folks. I'm still buying envelope stuffers in preparation for when I come back. See you next time...

Here's a newspaper article:
http://i.imgur.com/pIt9n.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Dk3mz.jpg
Branislav Tepes (26) was born here in Chile. His parents and grandparents emigrated from Yugoslavia after WW2. He was studying journalism in Valparaiso, but his father and grandmother died, and had to move to Slovenia, had trouble learning the local language and came back.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Palette swap posted:

It took 2 months? :aaa:

I'm glad it got there!

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
When worlds collide! Thank you for the giant envelope full of things! I wasn't expecting that many sheets of origami paper. It's awesome thank you! Now to figure out what to make with it! If you have any suggestions let me know and I will probably send a couple of folded things back your way. :3:

meriruka
Apr 13, 2007

Just got a fun pile of St. P's Day goodies from Lamb. Thanks!
I don't know where everybody finds this good stuff, but I live in a really rural area - not exactly a shopping mecca. Gotta break out the construtction paper and get crafty I guess.

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Palette swap posted:

And a letter from Thermophonic Joy:

Tons of cool stuff, I hope I have the chance to use the map.(Also did you like the movie?).

Here's a newspaper article:
http://i.imgur.com/pIt9n.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Dk3mz.jpg
Branislav Tepes (26) was born here in Chile. His parents and grandparents emigrated from Yugoslavia after WW2. He was studying journalism in Valparaiso, but his father and grandmother died, and had to move to Slovenia, had trouble learning the local language and came back.

Ohh sweet! Thank you! I will read up on that, huge fan of stories like that. I'm glad you got my letter. :)

Thermophonic, your letter came back to me because I didn't put enough postage on! Hahahaha, that was so funny. I'm just glad they didn't send it postage due, I wouldn't want you to have to pay 68 cents to get your letter!

Glad you got that envelope, CardboardR. Hope you can make something fun with the origami papers. :)

Andaley
Apr 7, 2011

Thanks so much to Team Lunch and Lamb for the St. Patrick's Day Goonmail! I'm moving in a little over a week so I packed them without remembering to take a picture of the fun goodies! But I do appreciate them!

Also, I'm skipping sending St. Patrick's Day stuff, but I might get stuff settled in time for Easter. We'll see. I'll make sure to update my address here when I can.

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
Thank you lamb for my St Patty's day mail! I love it. :)

Thermophonic, I still haven't put your envelope back in the mailbox (now with more extra-crunchy postage!). I haven't been feeling well, but I'll make sure I get on it soon. I was already posting to thank lamb so I figured an update/apology wouldn't hurt.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

20inch, my letter to you also came back. :(

Last week I got awesome St. Goon's mail from Lamb and Team Lunch! Sorry for not acknowledging sooner, I got promoted at work and got more hours (yay) and then got really horrible I'm-on-quarantine-from-the-county-health-department sushi food poisoning this week (boo).

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
Got some lovely goonlove from Lamb, Team Lunch, Miryei, and the Genesplicers!

Thanks so much, guys! Return mail is headed your way!

Devi Electro
Oct 13, 2008

Everything is lovely.
I got $1,000 from lamb for St. Patrick's!

(In Spongebob Money, :j: !) I really like the handmade card too! Thank you!

Team Lunch also sent me some "big money", and I got lots of pretty shamrocks! Thank you!

I will send the two of you something nice for Easter.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I got pretty green things in the mail too! Sorry I can't remember who it was, and I don't have the envelope with me..

Maybe I'll grab some postcards tonight. I'm on vacation this weekend and it decided to be miserable and rainy, so I'm hiding in the hotel for a bit and have plenty of time to write.. :shobon:

miryei
Oct 11, 2011
Thank you to lamb for the St Patrick's goodies, btw. The temporary tattoos were awesome!

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Well, all that free time I thought I had for writing was quickly consumed by drinking and napping and drinking, and it was almost impossible to find a shop with postcards! It's like they think no one writes anymore.. I did manage to scrawl out a few cards, though. I have no idea what they said, so I'm sorry if I mailed you something really awful, goons! Hopefully the address is legible and nothing else on those cards is. :shobon:

I should probably send the rest of them out now that I'm home and sober.

miryei
Oct 11, 2011
I'm moving to Canada!

Please remove me from the list. I don't know when I'm moving or what my address will be afterwards.

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Thank you miryei for the St. Patrick's Day mail. Hope the move goes well for you and welcome to Canada!

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
Thank you Thermophonic Joy for the envelope of awesome stuff that you sent me! It really made my (lovely) day. :sun:

I hope yours has made it to you by now. I put in back in the mail a few days ago.

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

Thank you Thermophonic Joy for the envelope of awesome stuff that you sent me! It really made my (lovely) day. :sun:

I hope yours has made it to you by now. I put in back in the mail a few days ago.

I got your mail after work yesterday, and it was awesome to unwind after a crappy shift with some thoughtful goonmail. Thank you! I love all the goofy stationary, and I will probably use it for my next round of mail!

Thank you, when worlds collide! It was worth the wait. :buddy:

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

miryei posted:

I'm moving to Canada!

Please remove me from the list. I don't know when I'm moving or what my address will be afterwards.

Postage to you will be so much cheaper! Let us know when you're up for more mail. Good luck with your move!

edit: Whoops, sorry for the double post. I'm dumb.

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~

Thermophonic Joy posted:

Postage to you will be so much cheaper! Let us know when you're up for more mail. Good luck with your move!

edit: Whoops, sorry for the double post. I'm dumb.

In fact, post it ASAP so us Canucks can send you welcome to Canada mail! :D

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
If anyone gives Henry some new tattoos to cheer him up, post 'em. No pressure or anything though. I have a ton more of them to send out to people when I start up with the mail again.

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009
Got some Saint Patty's Day goon mail (semi)recently!

Lamb sent me $500,000 in Spongebob dollars! The Genesplicers sent a beautifully crafted card and Mizufusion & Psykoguy sent a postcard from Disneyland. I think they had a good time! :cheers: Thanks, Goons!

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

miryei posted:

I'm moving to Canada!

What if we just sent you (very) late St. Patty's mail? Will you still get it? :ohdear:

Also, I just sent some very belated St. Patty's mail. Apologies all around--it was a pretty classic miscommunication about who was hittin' up the post office when. :doh: Think of my mail in the true holiday spirit like the hangover after St. Patrick's Day... only hopefully more exciting!!

miryei
Oct 11, 2011

Niemat posted:

What if we just sent you (very) late St. Patty's mail? Will you still get it? :ohdear:

Also, I just sent some very belated St. Patty's mail. Apologies all around--it was a pretty classic miscommunication about who was hittin' up the post office when. :doh: Think of my mail in the true holiday spirit like the hangover after St. Patrick's Day... only hopefully more exciting!!

It should! I have to wait for the visa to get here and all that, to it'll probably be a month or so.

Pillory Soft
Mar 9, 2004
Kind of a late photo, but I received this bundle of fun St. Patrick's Day goodies from Miryei!

I also received mail from a California goon whose handle I unfortunately can't recall. It included a little dried fruit bar as well as some other items, but I can't find the envelope to save my life. It is my suspicion that it may have been whisked away by a snack bandit. :ohdear: If this goon happens to have been you, please let me know so that I can send you some things as well.

Coming up: Springtime/Easter! :3:

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
Hello mailgoons!

Just wanted to apologize in advance for my late Easter/Spring mail. I was completely broke until Friday when I came into an unexpected windfall. (Several thousand back on my boyfriend and I's tax returns, woooo!) Anyways, so I didn't intend to send much this time around, but now I can! It's just going to be a little belated. I think we've established that belated is okay, though?

Also, I wanted to announce that my boyfriend proposed :psyboom: and we are now happily engaged! My ring is being re-sized, and I get it on Thursday, and I am imploding and reforming continuously right now. If anyone intends to send me holiday mail sometime soon, some congratulatory goonlove would go very nicely around my desk. (That sounds shameless, doesn't it? I'm sorry.)

End transmission!

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010

Thermophonic Joy posted:

Also, I wanted to announce that my boyfriend proposed :psyboom: and we are now happily engaged! My ring is being re-sized, and I get it on Thursday, and I am imploding and reforming continuously right now. If anyone intends to send me holiday mail sometime soon, some congratulatory goonlove would go very nicely around my desk. (That sounds shameless, doesn't it? I'm sorry.)

Congratulations!
I'm hoping to get some spring mail together within the next couple of weeks and I'll be sure to send a pretty card along.

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Thermophonic Joy posted:

Hello mailgoons!

Just wanted to apologize in advance for my late Easter/Spring mail. I was completely broke until Friday when I came into an unexpected windfall. (Several thousand back on my boyfriend and I's tax returns, woooo!) Anyways, so I didn't intend to send much this time around, but now I can! It's just going to be a little belated. I think we've established that belated is okay, though?

End transmission!

Aw hey that's awesome! Congratulations! It's always nice to get those unexpected windfalls, too. I also got one, yay tax, but I'm still taking a break from the mail as I had a lot of financial things to catch up on, and pay down credit cards a bit. I did get myself a colour laser printer though, it was super cheap, so next time I get back into the mail there will be some loving amazing things. There better be, anyway.

I have a bunch of magnet backing, too. :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

Aw hey that's awesome! Congratulations!

Thank you! (And thank you too, cardboardRobot!)