Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

That's the coolest Painwheel stuff I've seen yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
So exactly which people from the Persona 4 comic dubs ended up contributing to the game? There are something like four or five, aren't there?

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Painwheel looks so sick. I'm gonna try Parasoul/Painwheel on day 1.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Evil Canadian posted:

Latest FnF

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/friday-night-skullgirls/728446

Also I am starting to worry the release date wont be 4/4, they said they would announce release date 2 weeks out from release and they haven't said anything :(

2 weeks before release was never set in stone. They will announce the release date once the game passes certification, which USUALLY happens about 2 weeks before launch. It can happen closer to that though.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~

Jmcrofts posted:

2 weeks before release was never set in stone. They will announce the release date once the game passes certification, which USUALLY happens about 2 weeks before launch. It can happen closer to that though.

Is this some kind of hint? Don't play with our hearts here.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Jmcrofts posted:

Which means there's a big chance that it's still nowhere close :emo:.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I don't normally play grappler type characters, they've just never really clicked with me, but god drat Cerebella looks like she's having such a grand ol' time beating people up with her hair/arms thing that I'll probably have to give her a try when then game does finally come out.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

a kitten posted:

I don't normally play grappler type characters, they've just never really clicked with me, but god drat Cerebella looks like she's having such a grand ol' time beating people up with her hair/arms thing that I'll probably have to give her a try when then game does finally come out.

It's more of a hat really. when she loses via Time-Out, she throws it on the ground and digs her heel into it.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

PalmTreeFun posted:

That's the coolest Painwheel stuff I've seen yet.
Dacidbro has a pretty sick day -?? Painwheel too, go towards the end of the end of the Super Norcal Install archives on twitch.tv/finestko and you can see him come back with Painwheel against Mike Z.

And I just want to say that the Battletoads color for Cerebella is the best thing ever.

Actually a lot of the little details are cool. An 11-hit combo is "king" and a 12-hit combo is "killer," shoutouts to Killer Instinct :cool:

Groghammer
Aug 10, 2011

On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!
One of Cerebella's Tumbling Run attacks is a Battletoads reference, too, and it gives you points if you KO someone with it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
So what references are there so far in terms of character colors? Cirno(Touhou) Peacock, Hatsune Miku(Vocaloid) Filia, Battletoads Cerebella, I know I saw at least two others. Princess Peach Parasoul, I think was one of them.

rocket USA
Sep 14, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

So what references are there so far in terms of character colors? Cirno(Touhou) Peacock, Hatsune Miku(Vocaloid) Filia, Battletoads Cerebella, I know I saw at least two others. Princess Peach Parasoul, I think was one of them.

I always use Kneesocks Parasoul whenever I have a chance to play.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

Captain Invictus posted:

A ton. I've also seen Potemkin Cerebella, Morrigan Fortune, and Jessica Rabbit Parasoul.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

flatluigi posted:

So exactly which people from the Persona 4 comic dubs ended up contributing to the game? There are something like four or five, aren't there?

I know the announcer played the voice of the Narrator, not sure about the rest

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

PalmTreeFun posted:

A ton. I've also seen Potemkin Cerebella, Morrigan Fortune, and Jessica Rabbit Parasoul.
Harley Quinn Cerebella is one that sticks out for me. Maybe for a week before the game is released they can go over the color inspirations like hey did with UMVC3.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
I hope they add black and white palettes for every character to match Peacock's.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Parasoul has a Justin Bailey skin (Samus without her suit in the NES Metroid)

Hawaiian Shirt
Oct 10, 2006

I barely even drink a lot
That fat bomb is adorable

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

There's a Grinch Peacock.

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

I POSSESS QUESTIONABLE TASTE IN TOUHOU GAMES

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Parasoul has a Justin Bailey skin (Samus without her suit in the NES Metroid)

And a Zero Suit color.

There needs to be a Mango Painwheel.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I think that's been recommended a lot on SRK. There's a good chance it'll be in the game at some point. Speaking of which, who wants color packs? I wouldn't mind a few additional options from the 12(I think) already on disc.

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

It cost me an arm and a leg to get into this club!

Groghammer posted:

One of Cerebella's Tumbling Run attacks is a Battletoads reference, too, and it gives you points if you KO someone with it.

This game just keeps getting better.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:
I really hope this gets well hyped on streams, since if it is close to the Marvel vs. Capcom 2 level, it will be very fun to watch.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

PalmTreeFun posted:

That's awesome, Potemkin was Mike-Z's main character wasn't he? Looking forward to a good grappler.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
Fez just passed certification. Before Skullgirls. Meaning it will probably be released April 4th. Which Skullgirls will almost certainly not be released on.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Waterbed posted:

Fez just passed certification. Before Skullgirls. Meaning it will probably be released April 4th. Which Skullgirls will almost certainly not be released on.

On the plus side, Pinball Arcade's publisher still isn't allowed to say what their release date is despite xbox.com saying it comes out on the 28th. So who knows what the gently caress?

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Waterbed posted:

Holy poo poo, Fez is finally coming out?? :aaaaa:

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Well I have my hopes set for April 4th just because immediately after is Xbox Live's next dumb multigame promotion, and I think it's been pretty rare that any Arcade title not associated with that promotion actually comes out on those dates. There was one case of this but I can't remember. Also the creator of Fez is an egotistical blowhard, so I hope Skullgirls can steal some of that games thunder.

If the worst case scenario turns out to be true the soonest date would be some time at the end of April, and I'd rather not have that happen because I'm a big baby.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Surely Skullgirls is the sort of game they'd want to add to one of their XBLA showcase deals, right? It's original, it's pretty, it's already got a decent amount of hype, it fills a niche not filled by other indies, it seems like a perfect candidate. What the gently caress are Konami doing?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Surely Skullgirls is the sort of game they'd want to add to one of their XBLA showcase deals, right? It's original, it's pretty, it's already got a decent amount of hype, it fills a niche not filled by other indies, it seems like a perfect candidate. What the gently caress are Konami doing?

It's coming out on PS3 and I think XBLA only advertises exclusives

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Skullgirls was on Pulse on the Playstation blog. It's hardly notable except to imply that it's coming out very soon. The April 3rd/4th rumors seem to be getting some credence. A point against however is it was not featured in the PS plus preview, so who really knows!

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Waterbed posted:

I was wrong! It's being released on the 13th, so Skullgirls is possibly being released on the 4th considering nothing else has been announced for that time, it seems.

anime was right fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Mar 29, 2012

ExMortis
Feb 14, 2012

Let's RUNNING!! :ussr:
Well, Microsoft did force Crave to push The Pinball Arcade back to the 4th (from yesterday) to "get better placement on the market," according to devs on twitter. What even came out yesterday? "Wrecked Revenge Revisited?"

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart
Skullgirls is never coming out. :tinfoil:

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

It's the greatest cover story in history; they've secretly been working on the actual release...Windjammers HD.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Copypasting from SRK cuz people keep asking about the release date:

Mike Z posted:

Behold, the announcement for the new South Park game's release date, made on March 27th, with the actual release date being March 30th.

http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/news/a373319/south-park-tenormans-revenge-release-date-announced.html

THIS is how downloadable game release dates generally go if a company wants it to be put up for sale immediately after approval.

If the company gets it approved weeks or months beforehand and holds on to it, like with 3sOE, then they can announce a much later date but make the announcement earlier. Otherwise, only a few days.

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

I thought this was a swingers party...
Microsoft has a pretty huge queue at the minute as well. Wrecked was finished last November and only got a release yesterday. The delay was so big that they actually managed to finish the DLC they planned, get it certified and released the DLC at the same time as the actual game coming out. And they are trying to get everything in their queue out of the way before the 400 point limit comes into effect in July.

So who knows when it's going to appear.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Sex Vicar posted:

And they are trying to get everything in their queue out of the way before the 400 point limit comes into effect in July.

400 point limit?

Wait, is MS going back to early XBLA pricing? Not that Im complaining, but why?

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

I thought this was a swingers party...

Gutcruncher posted:

400 point limit?

Wait, is MS going back to early XBLA pricing? Not that Im complaining, but why?

Sorry. Should have said 400 achievement points :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Sex Vicar posted:

Sorry. Should have said 400 achievement points :eng101:

Awwww. I knew it sounded way too good to be true

• Locked thread