Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

thesteelhellion posted:

True. I guess maybe I thought they'd have been willing to take a chance on him as a legitimate threat to ANYONE if that had happened, but that's just dumb wishful thinking on my part. Maybe that would have worked in a shoot-style puro fed. I think he'd have done great in BATTLARTS or some other shooty fed.

RJPW is still stomping. I'd pay to see him and Tiger Mask slap and kick each other around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

thesteelhellion posted:

True. I guess maybe I thought they'd have been willing to take a chance on him as a legitimate threat to ANYONE if that had happened, but that's just dumb wishful thinking on my part.

You gotta remember that Tough Enough Smackdown wasn't about finding the next star. It was really a vehicle for the Miz and a first look at some muscleheads they planned to train in DSW. They just wanted to haze/"make these boys pay their dues" so a guy like Puder fighting back was exactly the opposite of what they wanted and in probably the entire locker rooms eyes was akin to someone challenging a wrestler in a bar to a fight.

Even though there is this silly reality show wrapped around it and these guys were legit supposed to be getting embarrassed by Angle, this was like a jobber stiffing a top star on WWF Action Zone to try to get himself over. It may not have felt like that, but you can sure as hell bet that's how the WWE viewed it.

That's the problem with most wrestling companies trying to do anything for real. They want it to be real with pre-determined results because that's all they know.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Lone Rogue posted:

That's the problem with most wrestling companies trying to do anything for real. They want it to be real with pre-determined results because that's all they know.

Case in point, Brawl For All.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!

Perry Normal posted:

Case in point, Brawl For All.

Jim Cornette had a great rant about how the WWE most likely pissed away the millions of dollars they could have gotten out of a potential SCSA/Dr. Death feud in favor of a stupid legit boxing tourney that did absolutely nothing for anyone involved in it (well, except maybe Butterbean), and that completely ruined Dr. Death's "legit bad rear end" aura (which they had been hyping when he initially debuted).

I'm not sure if it could have done business on the level of, say, Austin/Rock, but Williams could still go at that point, and there were still plenty of people at the time who remembered him as the "Sew me up doc, I got a match tonight" guy. Instead he got KO'ed by Bart Gunn. :smith:

Hammond Edgar
Apr 24, 2008
Zack's Dad is now on twitter.

MisterRyder posted:

My first tweet is dedicated to @TheRealMorrison. #RIPJoMo

https://twitter.com/MisterRyder

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Grandpa Pap posted:

Jim Cornette had a great rant about how the WWE most likely pissed away the millions of dollars they could have gotten out of a potential SCSA/Dr. Death feud in favor of a stupid legit boxing tourney that did absolutely nothing for anyone involved in it (well, except maybe Butterbean), and that completely ruined Dr. Death's "legit bad rear end" aura (which they had been hyping when he initially debuted).

I'd argue that it did something for Bradshaw, as he got to show some legit toughness by making it to the finals, but by coming second he was able to avoid having his career destroyed by Butterbean.

Other than that, agreed. I was pretty excited when Dr. Death started that run, it was a real shame he got derailed by such a moronic idea.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

Perry Normal posted:

I'd argue that it did something for Bradshaw, as he got to show some legit toughness by making it to the finals, but by coming second he was able to avoid having his career destroyed by Butterbean.

Other than that, agreed. I was pretty excited when Dr. Death started that run, it was a real shame he got derailed by such a moronic idea.

The biggest problem to me was Severn dropped out after week 1 and Shamrock wanted nothing to do with it because you think there could have been an angle there.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!

Perry Normal posted:

Like Cornette, I was amazed that the BFA was actually a legit boxing tourney and not a fixed event to set up Dr. Death's push.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
I have serious doubts that Dr. Death would have been a main event draw in the Attitude Era. That said, it doesn't change the fact Brawl 4 All was loving stupid and Bradshaw's original idea for it being just an ECW style hardcore division would have been much better.

The only fun matches to watch from that are Steve Blackman ones because he was so incredibly better than everyone else.

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

David Otunga posted:

If imitation is the highest form of flattery, I'm flatter than Impact's ratings right now. #OtungaLaw

edit: also, Dean Ambrose is now on twitter, so expect some fun between him and Regal

twitter.com/TheDeanAmbrose posted:

Get 2 FAN AXXESS. I'll be Wrestling, touching exhibits you're not supposed to touch and autographing female fan's buttcheeks all week.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Hammond Edgar posted:

Zack's Dad is now on twitter.

https://twitter.com/MisterRyder

Ziggler made a funny tweet about this saying that "the Broski Headband will get its own twitter next".

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Evan Bourne posted:

I hate throw out bad news but I must. I was in an accident Monday and mangled my foot. Sorry to delay the comeback, I'm down but not out!

DMPunk
Jan 25, 2010

Not to be a dick, and being a guy I have no idea what she must be going thru, but its been like 6 months since she lost her baby. How much time do you need exactly?
Evan was the one who hit Cena in Philly obviously.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

smashpro1 posted:

Bourne is injured.

He's posted pictures, too. It ain't pretty - broken in 4-5 places apparently.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

Moose Bigelow posted:

The biggest problem to me was Severn dropped out after week 1 and Shamrock wanted nothing to do with it because you think there could have been an angle there.

Lol did they really think that Dr. Death had a shot in hell of winning the tournament legit? With a guy like Dan Severn entered in it? Like, if Severn had have not dropped out he would have just mopped the floor with everybody anyway.

What a loving stupid idea lol.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

MacDougall posted:

Lol did they really think that Dr. Death had a shot in hell of winning the tournament legit? With a guy like Dan Severn entered in it? Like, if Severn had have not dropped out he would have just mopped the floor with everybody anyway.

What a loving stupid idea lol.

The two best skilled guys dropped out early due to injury (Blackman and Severn) but that left it to the guys who had some boxing skill (Gunn and Bradshaw) to go long. Funny enough, the "Golden Gloves" guy in Marc Mero fought Blackman and got the floor wiped because Blackman kept getting takedown points on him. Williams was a tough guy but this wasn't bar fighting. It was stupid in so many ways.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Just to play devil's advocate, Williams WAS a very good amateur wrestler in both high school and college. They might have thought what happened with Blackman against Mero could have happened with Williams against his opponents.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Just to play devil's advocate, Williams WAS a very good amateur wrestler in both high school and college. They might have thought what happened with Blackman against Mero could have happened with Williams against his opponents.

Except Williams was a hell of a lot older carrying a lot more weight against much better strikers and even with all that said, I'd consider Blackman's martial arts experienced much more valuable than William's amateur ability. Jack Swagger is an ALL AMERICAN AMERICAN AMERICAN but would you put him up against a guy with Blackman's credentials?

moonsour
Feb 13, 2007

Ortowned

Moose Bigelow posted:

Try this: http://boxrec.com/index.php

Nope. To the best of my knowledge he was golden gloves in either Chicago or WV. And that's not a lot to go on.

Edit: And not on the national list.

He had more important things to do, like marry women in every state!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Lone Rogue posted:

Except Williams was a hell of a lot older carrying a lot more weight against much better strikers and even with all that said, I'd consider Blackman's martial arts experienced much more valuable than William's amateur ability. Jack Swagger is an ALL AMERICAN AMERICAN AMERICAN but would you put him up against a guy with Blackman's credentials?

Absolutely, I'm just saying that treating Steve like he's legit is hardly a crazy idea. They did do it the wrong way though.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Absolutely, I'm just saying that treating Steve like he's legit is hardly a crazy idea. They did do it the wrong way though.

Agreed. Make him legit with squashes, not by a goddamn shoot.

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.
It sort of figures that Kana would follow my joke account and not my real Twitter.

I still can't understand a thing she says.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

TheHock posted:

It sort of figures that Kana would follow my joke account and not my real Twitter.

I still can't understand a thing she says.
Half of her tweets about selling her merch, the rest are about video games. She does talk to her English fans on Twitter and Facebook occasionally though.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Mar 25, 2012

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

william regal goin ham on tyler reks right now

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

The Shaman of Cum posted:

:stare:

Worked shoots are confusing.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lone Rogue posted:

Steve Blackman's martial arts background was mostly in martial arts that are useless, or were useless in B4A. The only two useful skills in B4A were takedowns and boxing.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

MassRayPer posted:

Steve Blackman's martial arts background was mostly in martial arts that are useless, or were useless in B4A. The only two useful skills in B4A were takedowns and boxing.

Spin kicks are useless in no scenarios.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I will never get tired of MRP vs LR.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

The Shaman of Cum posted:

Regal posted:

Fact.I had more matches(lost them all) by the time I was 17 than Tyler Reks has had in his career.
HE'S GOIN' IN

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

THE GAYEST POSTER posted:

Spin kicks are useless in no scenarios.

But stick twirling is useless if you aren't near a forest.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

In between burying Reks, Regal found time to say three words to me, which made the hell out of my day.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

oldpainless posted:

I will never get tired of MRP vs LR.

It's pretty one sided.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Perry Normal posted:

In between burying Reks, Regal found time to say three words to me, which made the hell out of my day.

Wait, I'm confused. Who's Stephen Fry in this situation, Brisco or Patterson?

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

404GoonNotFound posted:

Wait, I'm confused. Who's Stephen Fry in this situation, Brisco or Patterson?

I was going to draw up a whole cast list, but I was just completely gobsmacked at how much Vince and the Queen are alike.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Vince is like Fry in Blackadder goes forth.

Triple H is like Fry in Blackadder two since he is a giant suck up to the person in authority. Then Nursie would be Briscoe or Patterson

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Mar 26, 2012

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

bobkatt013 posted:

Vince is like Fry in Blackadder goes forth.

Triple H is like Fry in Blackadder two since he is a giant suck up to the person in authority. Then Nursie would be Briscoe or Patterson

I have to agree with all of this, particularly the stooges as Nursie, holy frigging lol.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Perry Normal posted:

I have to agree with all of this, particularly the stooges as Nursie, holy frigging lol.

But who's Flashheart?

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

thesteelhellion posted:

But who's Flashheart?

Obviously HHH, yes he is playing two parts.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

thesteelhellion posted:

But who's Flashheart?

Edge. He will bang anything. Or Mark Henry since he is into transvestites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

bobkatt013 posted:

Or Mark Henry since he is into transvestites.

Sorry, but he's BRIAN BLESSED.

e: Or would that be Sheamus?