Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?

Jaweeeblop posted:

This dog is so glad you came to the party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires
I made a bag and then I put my dog in it.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Here's two shots of my yellow lab Anna Banana aka Chubs aka Stinky.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark
Snapped a decent picture of my dads dog.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Atticus_1354 posted:

Man, retrievers go really white with age. How old is it, 10/11?

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

My Spirit Otter posted:

She is 8 or 9. My Beagle/Hound is almost 11 and we got her a couple years before this dog. They are both getting old and starting to show it.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008
I'm taking this handsome guy from the pound home this week. :3:

So Goons, what should I name him?

Sutureself
Sep 23, 2007

Well, here's my answer...
What is that, a chowden retriever? That is a ridiculously cute fluffy dog. I'm not normally for naming dogs Bear, but that dog kinda looks like a Bear. (what's he weigh?)

Barkley isn't a fan of baths, they get water in his ears.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

Sutureself posted:

What is that, a chowden retriever? That is a ridiculously cute fluffy dog. I'm not normally for naming dogs Bear, but that dog kinda looks like a Bear. (what's he weigh?)

Yep, Chow Chow/Golden Retriever. Sadly, no one around here wants him..they want the puppies or chihuahuas that have been coming through the shelter. I don't understand how he hasn't been taken home yet, he's so FOOFY. I think he's about 60-70. He's got the low build of a chow, but some strong, musculature like a retriever.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Hastings posted:

I vote you name the dog Farfles.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Atticus_1354 posted:

That is like the spitting image of my aunt's dog. :3:

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

This is my girlfriend's dog, Guinness. He's 4 now (and a lot bigger) but this is my favorite picture of him.

We took him to the dog park today, but I forgot to bring my camera. :( I saw all of the dogs in the world, including a sad lookin' three-legged shepherd.

Cat Plant
Feb 11, 2007

There used to be green cats but they turned into plants because they slept too much.

Hastings posted:

Yep, Chow Chow/Golden Retriever. Sadly, no one around here wants him..they want the puppies or chihuahuas that have been coming through the shelter. I don't understand how he hasn't been taken home yet, he's so FOOFY. I think he's about 60-70. He's got the low build of a chow, but some strong, musculature like a retriever.

Doesn't matter what's on the adoption certificate, you're always going to call him 'fooooooffeeeee' or farfle butt or something equally ridiculous because look at dat fucken dawg. So fucken foofy. Foofy butt. Flooflehead. Floofypants. Who's a foofyfloofypants?

Lady Charlemagne
Apr 23, 2008

GOD I'M TIRED

Cat Plant posted:

Doesn't matter what's on the adoption certificate, you're always going to call him 'fooooooffeeeee' or farfle butt or something equally ridiculous because look at dat fucken dawg. So fucken foofy. Foofy butt. Flooflehead. Floofypants. Who's a foofyfloofypants?

This person understands dogs. Enjoy your new Fooflefarfleface.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

Hastings posted:

I used to have a dog of the same mix, except she was the perfect shade of ruby red. I still miss her. Also, I love their black-spotted tongues.

I vote you name him Mr. Steal Your Girl

Binowru has a new favorite as of 06:44 on Mar 26, 2012

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Lady Charlemagne posted:

This person understands dogs. Enjoy your new Fooflefarfleface.

And don't forget to ask him who is the best dog? Hmm? Who is that dog? Who is this best dog? Who is that one?

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

Cat Plant posted:

Every time I see his picture on my screen, I actually squeal "BABY! OOOHHH MY BABY!!" So it's incredibly likely that instead of treating him with dignity and giving him an upstanding name, I will probably embarrass him with the name Foofy Baby or something like that.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Coffee And Pie posted:

I vote you name the dog Farfles.

I was going to suggest Charkles.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Hastings posted:

Lieutenant Foofers reporting for duty, sir!

:3: indeed.

TorpedoFish
Feb 19, 2006

Tingly.

Cat Plant posted:

I literally scrolled down to this picture and entirely unconsciously found myself squealling in the girliest manner possible something like, "Oh my god he's so fluffy! Fluffy foofy fluffpuppy!

So, yeah, just name him something stupid like that because anytime anyone sees dat foof is just going to dissolve into baby talk pretty much immediately.

:3: Foofybutt.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Call him Raffles, after A.J Raffles, the Victorian gentleman thief. It's a good, sensible dog name for when you're out in public with him and the dog doens't want to be embarrassed around all his doggy friends by a name like Mr Floofypants (dogs can totally get embarassed by things, you know). Plus, look at that rakish grin, that majestic stance. Dog deserves to be named after a suave dude.

And then in private Raffles can be Ruffles, Fluffles, Floofles or Mr Fuzzybutt, depending on your mood.

I think all dogs should have a fancy name and a silly name. Go with Raffles!

Arthur D Wolfe
Sep 26, 2007

"Holy shit you are a
loathsome jerk, Arthur.
"

Irisi posted:

I think all dogs should have a fancy name and a silly name. Go with Raffles!
I second this notion. It has panache, style and a good story behind it should anyone ever ask. It also fits that handsome devil like hand in white deerskin glove.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Sutureself posted:

Here's a horrible scan of a really old and bad picture of my chow/golden mix, named Bear:

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.

Binowru posted:

I used to have a dog of the same mix, except she was the perfect shade of ruby red. I still miss her. Also, I love their black-spotted tongues.

I vote you name him Mr. Steal Your Girl

:eng101: Black tongues are not actually unique to the Chow-Chow breed!

Here is a picture of some goon's dog I swiped from Google+. She is a Belgian Shepherd and I want one so goddamn bad but I would never be able to provide all the physical/mental exercise they require. My chill mutt is enough for me.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

Skizzles posted:

:eng101: Black tongues are not actually unique to the Chow-Chow breed!

Here is a picture of some goon's dog I swiped from Google+. She is a Belgian Shepherd and I want one so goddamn bad but I would never be able to provide all the physical/mental exercise they require. My chill mutt is enough for me.

That is one badass dog. Both beautiful, yet terrifying, at the same time. Probably a big love muffin though.

Also Phanatic, your dog totally looks like a bear. Just want to love on him!

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

My Spirit Otter posted:

No kidding.

Misha turns 19 next month:

I have no idea how she is still alive.

oddspelling
May 31, 2009

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Hastings posted:

Rear Admiral Derp

dinozombiesgoRARR
Dec 25, 2010

Momma said knock you out

oddspelling posted:

Rear Admiral Derp

That dog is at least a vice admiral. :colbert:

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?

Hastings posted:

Dr. Xavier "Fluff" Flufferton

dinozombiesgoRARR
Dec 25, 2010

Momma said knock you out
The dog's actual name cannot be pronounced by most human beings. The closest approximation is to have between four to six 12 year old Japanese schoolgirls squeal really loudly for 45 seconds.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Hastings posted:

Herbie.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Hastings posted:

Beep. His name shall be Beep.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

That's great and cute and all but gets really dangerous around crowded intersections.

PAMDirac
Jun 28, 2008

In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

This. I am always for single syllable dog names. My dog is Monk (after the band not the TV show) and we've just trial adopted Luz (or Lucy if you want)

And to keep with the thread here is that badass Monk:

and here he is being coy:

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Hastings posted:

Name that dog THE BERSERKER.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard renard renarnd renrard

renard

Hastings posted:

Bucket.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Hastings posted:

Toffypop

Thus he can be Toffy when he's being all cute and fwuffy and Pops when he is a serious manly dog.

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

Hastings posted:

Umlaut G

Break Fast
Mar 27, 2012

My Welsh Corgi about a second before having a taste of my arm.
One of my favorite pictures of him.

Break Fast has a new favorite as of 19:23 on Mar 27, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Tank dog reporting in

• Locked thread