Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry

MissileWaster posted:

E: ModernAmerican size 9.5 :stare: You, sir, must have a lot of brains in your head.

smuggler posted:

That's an exceptionally large hat size. Do you have dreads or something?

No I just have a fuckhuge head. I'll probably get arthritis when I'm 25.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
No jersey news, but this is the style for the NFL Training Collection. Out in May for you curved brim wearers.

It's a hat

mmmjstone
Sep 22, 2004

titty whiskey

Grantonio posted:

No jersey news, but this is the style for the NFL Training Collection. Out in May for you curved brim wearers.

It's a hat

Fitted?

Edit: /sigh. I love this style but I need a hat I can throw a pony tail through. :(

mmmjstone fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Mar 22, 2012

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
^^^39Thirty so yeah

Grantonio posted:

It's a hat

I really like these. The stuff on the sides is kind of superflous but they're really clean looking.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
Spotted the New Era NFL range on their website

I wouldn't rush to buy one if I was a Vikings fan :stare:

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

oof, they have one like that for every team. Is that really the best they could come up with?

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

Febreeze posted:

oof, they have one like that for every team. Is that really the best they could come up with?

Yeah but its the ONLY Vikings one :stonk:

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
On closer inspection it seems that the UK site leaked those, they aren't up yet on the US site. Explains why there's 21 teams and only 1 Vikings hat but 6 for the Dolphins.

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

People say we suck at sports but they don't understand
It's hard to catch with holes right through your hands
Football hats are kind of hard to do, especially when you have a team like the Browns. Guess we'll see the new Panthers and Seahawks stuff next month?

Paragon8
Feb 19, 2007

From what I gathered the flashy hats are more in their "draft" range where I think the "training camp" and "sideline" ranges will be more what we're used to.

Iron Clad Lou
Feb 12, 2008

More Nike merch leaked:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/65516705@N00/sets/72157629654577981/detail/

horseblow.avi
Jul 10, 2004

NEEEEIGHHHHH!

Even if you don't say yes.

R.A. Dickey
Feb 20, 2005

Knuckleballer.

horseblow.avi posted:

Even if you don't say yes.

So disappointed I got beaten to this joke.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

R.A. Dickey posted:

So disappointed I got beaten.

So was [INSERT PLAYER]'s wife.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Paragon8 posted:

From what I gathered the flashy hats are more in their "draft" range where I think the "training camp" and "sideline" ranges will be more what we're used to.

Kind of a naive NFL merchandise related question, but is this "Training Camp Hat" thing a regular yearly thing or a one time event just because Nike is the licensed merchandiser now? I always thought draft day hats were kind of silly, but a training camp hat along with the others is overly ridiculous.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

crankdatbatman posted:

Kind of a naive NFL merchandise related question, but is this "Training Camp Hat" thing a regular yearly thing or a one time event just because Nike is the licensed merchandiser now? I always thought draft day hats were kind of silly, but a training camp hat along with the others is overly ridiculous.
Well apparently Reebok made "training camp" hats for 2009 at least, in straw!.

Going through an image search it looks like Nike made ones for colleges out of the dri-fit material, so it's not too silly if you think of it as a hat you can wear while training...not really sure if that should be any different from the "sideline" hats though. I guess those are regular hats for guys standing around and not sweating a bunch :confused:.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

japtor posted:

Well apparently Reebok made "training camp" hats for 2009 at least, in straw!.

That's kind of silly but I would buy one.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Real hurthling! posted:

There's a joke hat that is all 59/50 stickers. The whole hat is completely covered with them except there is a hole through the brim where the sticker would normally be.

edit with a link: http://www.doobybrain.com/2008/07/29/counterfeit-new-era-sticker-hat/

I remember when I was a cool young lad (stupid white kid) in the early 90s and left the starter tag on my Miami Hurricanes ball cap.

I'm not sure which is the more sad, pathetic fall from relevance in the present day - Starter, or da U.

ZopfaMania
Jul 7, 2010

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

I hope this catches on and I can get a t-shirt with a picture of a jersey on it

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I don't get it, what's so bad about the hat?

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

SteelAngel2000 posted:

The color scheme is alright in my opinion, I guess it's uninspired because it's just a graphic of the helmet on the front? I don't get it.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

SteelAngel2000 posted:

It's really lazy. They didn't even try for a design, just slapped the two colors on it and threw the helmet patch on the front. Probably took someone 5 minutes to figure it out.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

crankdatbatman posted:

The color scheme is alright in my opinion, I guess it's uninspired because it's just a graphic of the helmet on the front? I don't get it.

my hat has a picture of other hats on it.

-purchaser of that hat ca. 2012

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

I thought they did it because the Vikings logo alone on a standard cap looks kind of stupid, sort of like how I mentioned the Browns (or the Bengals). Then I noticed they had a Ravens one.

Paragon8
Feb 19, 2007

I'd imagine with the draft range they're aiming to target younger fans especially as you've got that window where college fans are looking at their favourite college players head to the NFL and they want to convert some of those fans - having New Era really push the traditional boundaries is an attempt at making the NFL seem less of their dad's sport and something they can get involved with.

The NFL isn't going to lose any fans over what might be perceived as "thug culture" with flat brimmed hats but it might gain some fans. People are talking about it which is more than what happened with reebok's offering. They're looking to build a business model where people are tempted to buy new hats every year at least.

Wow, this was a very serious post about hats. Sorry about that.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Getting back to Jerseychat... how in the world have these not leaked yet?

For those of you who also post in The Ray Parlour (I know there are a few of you in here, too), we all know Nike (and all other brands) new soccer jerseys leak months in advance. Barcelona's kit for next year has been leaked since before Christmas.

I, for one, do not feel like waiting until April 3rd to see the changes :goonsay:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I can't wait for them to just add a simple pinstripe to the Packers and Bears jerseys and to watch their fans freak out about it.

Please don't change the Packers or Bears jerseys

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

Probably was designed by Xzibit.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

NattyBo posted:

Getting back to Jerseychat... how in the world have these not leaked yet?

For those of you who also post in The Ray Parlour (I know there are a few of you in here, too), we all know Nike (and all other brands) new soccer jerseys leak months in advance. Barcelona's kit for next year has been leaked since before Christmas.

I, for one, do not feel like waiting until April 3rd to see the changes :goonsay:

Probably because AIG wanted the world to see what their new jerseys looked like for advertising purposes.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
What's the best place to buy one of these new ones when they come out? I need a Newton Panthers jersey badly.

Yinzer
Mar 24, 2008

Don't be fooled into replying, I am either a lesson in Poe's Law or incredibly fucking stupid, or both. Also I can't read charts and graphs and think image macros about Paul Ryan's genius are fun and exciting! Run me over with Biden's Trans-Am!
Nike do not gently caress up our alternate uniform for the love of God.

Almo
Jan 1, 2007

by angerbot

Yinzer posted:

Nike do not gently caress up our alternate uniform for the love of God.

Yellow with black numbers :getin:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Heaf posted:

I thought they did it because the Vikings logo alone on a standard cap looks kind of stupid

They have a jets one just like the vikings one
http://www.neweracap.co.uk/nfl-2012-goal-line-snap-new-york-jets-9fifty-snapback-prod10530282/

There's going to be one for a lot of teams - They call it the goal line snap series.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
So I don't know if this is quite the right spot but I figured I'd drop this off here. The Jets are selling all of their Reebok merch for up to 60% off.

I'm sure other teams are as well but I know that the Pats and Bengals currently are not. :(

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

Chichevache posted:

Probably because AIG wanted the world to see what their new jerseys looked like for advertising purposes.

Most of the NFL teams aren't going to have redesigns. The only teams without New Era hats right now are the Panthers (we know why) and the Seahawks, who will be getting some slight adjustments.

e: Did a quick search and someone found the adjustment to the Seahawks' logo. They're gonna keep the modern look but add a touch of the grey from the old uniforms.
http://www.pigskinbuzz.com/new-seahawks-logo-leaks-on-madden-13-facebook-page-2266

Heaf fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Mar 28, 2012

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

SteelAngel2000 posted:

I can't wait for them to just add a simple pinstripe to the Packers and Bears jerseys and to watch their fans freak out about it.

Please don't change the Packers or Bears jerseys
I am ridiculously nervous about the Raiders uniforms :ohdear:

Real hurthling! posted:

They have a jets one just like the vikings one
http://www.neweracap.co.uk/nfl-2012-goal-line-snap-new-york-jets-9fifty-snapback-prod10530282/

There's going to be one for a lot of teams - They call it the goal line snap series.
Apparently the Raiders declined that design as well :v:
http://www.neweracap.co.uk/nfl-2012-goal-line-snap-oakland-raiders-9fifty-snapback-prod10530281/
(and instead opted for what appears to be a huge logo)

Almo
Jan 1, 2007

by angerbot

Heaf posted:

Most of the NFL teams aren't going to have redesigns. The only teams without New Era hats right now are the Panthers (we know why) and the Seahawks, who will be getting some slight adjustments.

e: Did a quick search and someone found the adjustment to the Seahawks' logo. They're gonna keep the modern look but add a touch of the grey from the old uniforms.
http://www.pigskinbuzz.com/new-seahawks-logo-leaks-on-madden-13-facebook-page-2266

Make the green alternates the home jerseys :mad:

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 5 hours!)

TEBOW 3 16 posted:

What the gently caress is this poo poo this whole page is awful.

Honestly though, I'm wondering what they're gonna do to teams like the Falcons, whose unis already look like they belong in the Arena League

gently caress you.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with black shirt, silver pants with red/white/black straight striping.

ZopfaMania
Jul 7, 2010

Peanut President posted:

gently caress you.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with black shirt, silver pants with red/white/black straight striping.

I agree with this whole-heartedly, as long as it also comes with the red helmet. That's the best part of their current throwbacks but they have those boring white pants.

Basically if they looked like this

I'd start liking the falcons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinzer
Mar 24, 2008

Don't be fooled into replying, I am either a lesson in Poe's Law or incredibly fucking stupid, or both. Also I can't read charts and graphs and think image macros about Paul Ryan's genius are fun and exciting! Run me over with Biden's Trans-Am!

I really like that Cowboys shirt (of the helmet), I want to see more.

It would be great to get some throwback vintage shirts. The ones made by Junk Food are pretty awful.

• Locked thread