Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I guess we know what Berlusconi is up to now that he's not running Italy making bunga bunga with underage prostitutes..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?
Not to mention they're still pulling the old "dry weight is class leading at -0.5 lbs" bullshit. Just put how much weights in reality.

The 2012 Tuono is looking like a chopped RSV.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Gnaghi posted:

Not to mention they're still pulling the old "dry weight is class leading at -0.5 lbs" bullshit. Just put how much weights in reality.

The 2012 Tuono is looking like a chopped RSV.

that yellow one looks sharp!

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Oh My.........

(from here: http://www.kaffee-maschine.net/html/en/html/machine1_1.php)

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

mootmoot posted:

Good for you for being so enlightened and sympathetic to the plight of women dude!

Don't post here. No one likes you.

That ad is "ballsy" if you're basically a teenager and have never actually touched a woman. Motorcycle advertising is the worst poo poo ever, but I do love the old Norton/Triumph strategy of just putting good looking women on their bikes in ads.

Still sexist but in a much cooler and manly way :)

This just made me loving mad, this is the opposite of the MV ad. While the MV ad will appeal to virgins this is targeted straight at the "born again bikers"

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

mootmoot posted:

MV's new advertising strategy.

Any women offended?

As a loser, I am offended by that ad

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Hughmoris posted:

Is that seat as comfortable as it looks?

They're terrible. They're slick and usually wide, which results in hip flexor cramps.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

HNasty posted:

That ad is "ballsy" if you're basically a teenager and have never actually touched a woman. Motorcycle advertising is the worst poo poo ever, but I do love the old Norton/Triumph strategy of just putting good looking women on their bikes in ads.

That has nothing to do with it - it's ballsy because nowadays that's about as far out there as you can get. Chances are they probably got in a heap of poo poo for it. That's why I like it.

I do like that Triumph ad though.

Pretty Cool Name
Jan 8, 2010

wat

Linedance posted:

They could probably fit a turbo in that hole under the seat. :black101:

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat

mootmoot posted:

MV's new advertising strategy.

Any women offended?

Why would you advertise a bike on a rear stand? It's just something else that takes away from a good looking bike and now the entire thing is tilted slightly forward.

Love the blinkers on that Guzzi, though.

GanjamonII
Mar 24, 2001

Linedance posted:

that yellow one looks sharp!

I went into a local shop this week and they had 5 brand spanking new Tuonos there, 4 black 1 yellow. The yellow is definitely sexy. I turned down a test ride only because there is no way in hell I can justify buying a 15k bike.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Linedance posted:

Taillights? We don't need no stinkin' taillights!

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
That's a funny joke!

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

Taillights? We don't need no stinkin' taillights!

that red thing probably lights up, and lights up brighter when you apply the brakes.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Some people's pet peeve is exhaust wrap, some people hate vintage firestone balloon tires; I get sick of seeing "sweet cafe micro led lights vintage lQQk" that seem purposely designed to be as invisible as possible.

I guess it's a show bike, though.

An observer
Aug 30, 2008

where the stars are drowning and whales ferry their vast souls through the black and seamless sea

mootmoot posted:

Good for you for being so enlightened and sympathetic to the plight of women dude!

Awww, you're so precious :allears: you just absolutely couldn't stand being on time-out, could you?

e: to get things back on track. I found these while cleaning out some folders

this ktm kit costs like $7k

An observer fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Mar 30, 2012

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

HNasty posted:

Still sexist but in a much cooler and manly way :)

That is seriously sexist to you?

This is less sexist(?), more sexy.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

clutchpuck posted:

Looks like a Buecati.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
My only nitpick would be "why no ZTL?"

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

clutchpuck posted:

"You have to do WHAT to remove the valve covers?"

Also 848 tail :w00t:

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
It's a daunting-looking stack of trivial tasks. We got a Uly motor rotated for access to the rear rocker cover in about an hour and a half, first time through. But there's no valve adjustment interval so why stress it?

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Z3n posted:

"You have to do WHAT to remove the valve covers?"

Also 848 tail :w00t:

Surprisingly, it's just removing the gas tank and seat. From what I can tell, it's a mostly stock S1

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

Family escaping a raging wildfire tapes suspected ADVrider riding into the flames:

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_t2#/video/us/2012/03/29/von-co-family-escapes-fire.cnn

Go to ~0:40 sec to skip kids whining about flaming death.

Edit: Seeing as he's riding a GS in spotless BMW Motorrad gear, I'm going to guess he was just following his GPS to the nearest Starbucks.

MotoMind fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Mar 30, 2012

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

HNasty posted:

Why is it always Steve McQueen? How about Dylan, who has the world record for milking a low-speed layer dan?

http://thevintagent.blogspot.com/2009/01/highway-61-revisitedon-triumph.html

http://rulefortytwo.com/secret-rock-knowledge/chapter-15/dylan-motorcycle-accident/

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/1674242/posts

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.
A buddy posted a few pics have solidified my new favorite bike subculture: Rat Bikes.

:psyduck: I'm equal parts in awe and horrified.

Many more here (http://www.ratbike.org) if you can dig through the 1999 site design.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

Don't link to Freerepublic

clutchpuck posted:

Ya, humans are not objects.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Boru posted:

A buddy posted a few pics have solidified my new favorite bike subculture: Rat Bikes.

The very first ratbike was probably cool. They got old by the time the 2nd one was made though. Its like the worst of Hollywood prop culture meets the worst of Mad Max fandom, meets the worst of streetfighter fanbois.

clutchpuck posted:

I like how someone was apparently like "You know what motorcycles need? More rear suspension linkages" and then they built that.

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?

MotoMind posted:

Family escaping a raging wildfire tapes suspected ADVrider riding into the flames:

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_t2#/video/us/2012/03/29/von-co-family-escapes-fire.cnn

Go to ~0:40 sec to skip kids whining about flaming death.

Edit: Seeing as he's riding a GS in spotless BMW Motorrad gear, I'm going to guess he was just following his GPS to the nearest Starbucks.

This is hilarious. My guess is that forest or something to do with fire was the next challenge for the riding game.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

New shocks for the Duc

Preload, Ride height and damping adjustable.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Well that's starting to make sense...

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

clutchpuck posted:

For a moment there I thought you said ZPM. :downsrim:

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Boru posted:

:psyduck: I'm equal parts in awe and horrified.

Many more here (http://www.ratbike.org) if you can dig through the 1999 site design.

I like how they chose an Ex-500 for this, then realized how ugly as sin the engine is, so they put the chin-fairing back on.

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice
The tank spikes always crack me up. Oh woops, gotta brake hard *stabs nuts*

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

HNasty posted:

Don't link to Freerepublic

nsaP posted:

Well that's starting to make sense...

Had no idea what it was until you brought it up. It's a wall of text that happened to be near the top of the search results, with all identifying labels cut off and zero mention of politics.

Ace944
Jan 28, 2009
my friend parked his bike today and was called by the police to this....

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

Ace944 posted:

my friend parked his bike today and was called by the police to this....

Queen decide to just take a break from flying or something?

Ace944
Jan 28, 2009
Seems like it he said they moved on after a few hours.

GlazedMcGuffin
Jan 26, 2004
All you modders raising the tail on every bike; what did you think was gonna happen?

Purgey
Nov 5, 2008

Boru posted:

"Job's a good'un, boss!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Olde Weird Tip posted:

The very first ratbike was probably cool. They got old by the time the 2nd one was made though. Its like the worst of Hollywood prop culture meets the worst of Mad Max fandom, meets the worst of streetfighter fanbois.

I like how someone was apparently like "You know what motorcycles need? More rear suspension linkages" and then they built that.

That's just how those Buells were :(