Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Can someone explain how to run sickbeard as source in windows? Python is already installed I just don't know what to do with cheetah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grayham
Jun 13, 2005

I just blue myself

Vykk.Draygo posted:

When did SABnzbd get a tray icon and how do I turn it off?

OS X?

touch ~/Library/Application Support/SABnzbd/notDisplayMenu

TreFitty
Jan 18, 2003

marketingman posted:

Haha what the gently caress is this? They moved you? What do you mean?

You specify what servers you connect to, I don't see how "they" moved you...
For no reason (I didn't change anything) I started seeing news.eu(something).supernews.com in the status, but I didn't notice it before. They decided that I was closer to Europe than America, so suddenly I was using the European servers from Korea, which caused a slow down. I saw this once before almost 2 years ago (still when I was in Korea), but forgot that it had happened. Now I seem to be back on the American servers even though it's still resolving like above because I'm getting ~4.5 MB/sec again.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

kri kri posted:

Can someone explain how to run sickbeard as source in windows? Python is already installed I just don't know what to do with cheetah.
This is how I did it:

Install Python 2.7.
Download and unzip Cheetah somewhere, navigate to the folder in the command prompt and type "setup install" and let it do it's stuff. (I'm stuck a little bit here where it says that it couldn't complie the C binaries. The thing still works as pure Python but apparently it's slower than if the C binaries complied).
Install Git.
Install TortiseGit.
Create a folder for where you want Sickbeard to be installed, right click on the folder and select 'Git Clone' and then paste this in the link: "https://github.com/midgetspy/Sick-Beard.git" and click ok.
Then select the folder with the green tick and click 'Git sync'.
When sync is done, Sick-beard is installed.

SlipperyNipple
Jan 24, 2010

TreFitty posted:

For no reason (I didn't change anything) I started seeing news.eu(something).supernews.com in the status, but I didn't notice it before. They decided that I was closer to Europe than America, so suddenly I was using the European servers from Korea, which caused a slow down. I saw this once before almost 2 years ago (still when I was in Korea), but forgot that it had happened. Now I seem to be back on the American servers even though it's still resolving like above because I'm getting ~4.5 MB/sec again.

Errmm..the status shows which server the article was originally uploaded too (if it is the status page that lists each connection that you are talking about). If you have the US server address in the settings you will be connecting to that one at least address wise you will be. Unless supernews auto connects you to one based on location but i do not think Sab will know that.

Muslim Wookie
Jul 6, 2005
I just love this retarded "they decided".

Unless the news.supernews.com is a load balanced IP that includes both US and European servers in it, you are connecting to the USA.

It doesn't load balance US and European servers because then there is no point in having different addresses for the different geographical locations.

But that's conceivably more technical than most people could work out, though only by a very narrow margin. What's more funny is the ridiculous rage at "them" for changing his connection. Christ almighty.

I think I might just be having a bad day and blowing this out of proportion.

TreFitty
Jan 18, 2003

TreFitty fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Mar 27, 2012

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Ragingsheep posted:

Download and unzip Cheetah somewhere, navigate to the folder in the command prompt and type "setup install" and let it do it's stuff. (I'm stuck a little bit here where it says that it couldn't complie the C binaries. The thing still works as pure Python but apparently it's slower than if the C binaries complied).

I've got this same "problem" on my Solaris server, it comes down to having the same C compiler installed that was used to compile Python. Basically, don't loving worry about it.

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

TreFitty posted:

Can you specify the American server IP address rather than news.supernews.com or whatever?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Anyone else seeing errors with Sickbeard tonight? Mine says it can't hit NZBmatrix or Womble. Tried a restart and it didn't help. I don't think I changed anything.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

StarkRavingMad posted:

Anyone else seeing errors with Sickbeard tonight? Mine says it can't hit NZBmatrix or Womble. Tried a restart and it didn't help. I don't think I changed anything.

Mine seems to be working fine, though I use different providers than you listed.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Whatever it was seems to have fixed itself. Must have been a temporary routing issue or something.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

I'm having issues importing downloads because it's saying something about the XML from tvdb being hosed up.

It did this once before though, and I had to manually copy and import it into xbmc. I assume it's just tvdb being lovely, since the episode title in tvdb/sickbeard is different from those on all the nzb sites.

crm
Oct 24, 2004

amf5 posted:

makemp4

A couple issues with this -

1) it changes / removes the existing file, which is boooooooo
2) the generated an mp4, but got an error associated with ac3 audio instead of aac

RE90
Oct 22, 2008
So I'm trying to download only my second file with usenet...ie I'm a noob. I use blocknews and a VIP NZBMatrix account. If sabnzbd has been downloading at 0kb/s for the past 10 minutes, what does that mean? It's not available through blocknews or something?

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
what do the logs say?

RE90
Oct 22, 2008
ERROR: Saving [file] failed.

Also, I see in another tab:

# Connections: Failed to connect: (10060, "(10013, 'Permission denied')") 8@usnews.blocknews.net:119

And when I tried to add the download again in Queue repair, it gives me a different issue on the download page (as opposed to the previous issue of just 'downloading' at 0kb/s):"Download failed: Out of your server's retention?"

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

RE90 posted:

# Connections: Failed to connect: (10060, "(10013, 'Permission denied')") 8@usnews.blocknews.net:119

And when I tried to add the download again in Queue repair, it gives me a different issue on the download page (as opposed to the previous issue of just 'downloading' at 0kb/s):"Download failed: Out of your server's retention?"

Go to the Servers config page and click Test Server. If it fails, your password is probably wrong or you set the server up wrong. Otherwise you could be downloading something that has been taken down, but in that case I think it would appear to be downloading, just at 0kb/s. I assume yours just isn't doing anything at all.

SlipperyNipple
Jan 24, 2010

RE90 posted:

That looks like a firewall issue than a news server problem TBH. Something is blocking Sab from connecting.

RE90
Oct 22, 2008
Thanks for the advice...I tried again today but now I'm getting a Saving Error following a "Disk error on creating file" ... do I need to run this in administrator mode or something? haha

edit: so another file finished downloading, and the one that failed earlier started to download, but then got the same error as above :(

RE90 fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Mar 30, 2012

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Hey I'm new to all of this but got pretty dang far with a fellow goon's help. I did have a question though, about SickBeard. I'm on a Mac, and know nothing of scripting or any of that... is there a simple way to get Sickbeard & SAB to start on login?

And will either have any issues when my Mac sleeps?

Thanks! :)

Butt Frenzy
Jul 29, 2004

Feenix posted:

Hey I'm new to all of this but got pretty dang far with a fellow goon's help. I did have a question though, about SickBeard. I'm on a Mac, and know nothing of scripting or any of that... is there a simple way to get Sickbeard & SAB to start on login?

And will either have any issues when my Mac sleeps?

Thanks! :)

For SABnzbd, you can add it as a login item, and I used this method to start SickBeard at login.

I am not sure how SABnzbd, SickBeard, and the Mac sleeping play together though (my hackintosh doesn't sleep).

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Butt Frenzy posted:

For SABnzbd, you can add it as a login item, and I used this method to start SickBeard at login.

So I rebooted after doing this. I saw Sickbeard executing something in my menu bar. (a gear, probably the Automator script thingy...) but then Sickbeard never opened. Is that normal? How do I access it and/or know it's running?

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Just go to localhost:port in a browser and see if it's open.

bort
Mar 13, 2003

edit: /\ /\ :arghfist::mad:

Open a browser and go to http://localhost:8081

Tick the Launch Browser checkbox in Config, General if you want it to open automatically.

edit2: if your computer sleeps, it won't be searching or downloading episodes. Sick Beard searches for current and recent episodes every hour (by default) and does full backlog searches periodically. If your computer is only sporadically awake, that might cause searches to fail. You can force searches, either in Manage, Manage Searches or in Backlog Overview, by restarting Sick Beard, or by going to a show and clicking the little magnifying glass to the right of a particular episode. So it shouldn't break it, but might make it less like a seamless PVR.

SABnzbd should keep it awake while it's in the process of downloading, so that shouldn't be an issue.

bort fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Mar 31, 2012

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

EC posted:

Just go to localhost:port in a browser and see if it's open.
Ah, I see. Yes it comes up if I do that. Last little question. If I reboot and this Automator script boots up SickBeard and I don't see anything and don't bother to go to localhost:port, is it still able to send its commands and do what it's supposed to? Or must I open a browser and leave it up?

[edut] oh I didn't see the latest post. Thanks. Yeah I have launch browser checked in config but it doesn't seem to be doing that on boot.

Feenix fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Mar 31, 2012

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Ah I think I fixed it? -d is daemon mode but for whatever reason won't open the browser. If I add the command a second time to the Automator script without the -d, it opens the browser and loads Sickbeard.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

You don't need the browser open or anything. Sickbeard just sits there in the background doing it's thing. Just bookmark localhost:port for whenever you want to check out your shows or add a new one or whatever.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Thermopyle posted:

You don't need the browser open or anything. Sickbeard just sits there in the background doing it's thing. Just bookmark localhost:port for whenever you want to check out your shows or add a new one or whatever.
I sorta figured that but being new to this I wanted to be able to know it was running rather than realize I'd taken for granted it was but it wasn't. Duly noted, though. Thanks! :)

[edit]

Between Sickbeard and SAB (and also CouchPotato) is there a way they can email me? I see all these other methods; Twitter, BoxCar, Growl... etc. Can it be emailed or something simple like that?

Feenix fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Mar 31, 2012

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
I recently upgraded to SickBeard running from source. I'm using the sabToSickBeard.py script which works fine in moving and renaming but I've noticed that a copy of the downloaded files remain in my completed folder which I'm sure it didn't happen when I was running the complied version. Did I forget to tick an option somewhere that'll automatically delete the unwanted files?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Feenix posted:

I sorta figured that but being new to this I wanted to be able to know it was running rather than realize I'd taken for granted it was but it wasn't. Duly noted, though. Thanks! :)

[edit]

Between Sickbeard and SAB (and also CouchPotato) is there a way they can email me? I see all these other methods; Twitter, BoxCar, Growl... etc. Can it be emailed or something simple like that?

SAB can email you when something is done.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Ragingsheep posted:

I recently upgraded to SickBeard running from source. I'm using the sabToSickBeard.py script which works fine in moving and renaming but I've noticed that a copy of the downloaded files remain in my completed folder which I'm sure it didn't happen when I was running the complied version. Did I forget to tick an option somewhere that'll automatically delete the unwanted files?

There's an option something like keep files after post processing, you want to keep that unchecked.

It could be a locking issue that Sickbeard can't delete the file, you can check the full logs to see exactly what's happening.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

FISHMANPET posted:

There's an option something like keep files after post processing, you want to keep that unchecked.

Can't believe that I missed that.

Thanks.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

RE90 posted:

Thanks for the advice...I tried again today but now I'm getting a Saving Error following a "Disk error on creating file" ... do I need to run this in administrator mode or something? haha

edit: so another file finished downloading, and the one that failed earlier started to download, but then got the same error as above :(

I don't know poo poo about how SAB does stuff, but could the filename be so long you're getting a path length error, or it's a file bigger than 4GB on a FAT partition?
Or your antivirus hates the file and is locking it for scanning when the program tries to move it to the completed folder?
I don't know, just throwing ideas out there.

WINTER IS COMING
Oct 6, 2011
Do Blocknews and Supernews both end up connecting to AstraWeb?

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~

WINTER IS COMING posted:

Do Blocknews and Supernews both end up connecting to AstraWeb?

Astraweb is its own provider, and AFAIK not resold at all.
Supernews uses Giganews
Blocknews uses Readnews

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Yeah people are probably confused since they look in SAB at the connections and it says astraweb. That is where it was uploaded, supernews is a giganews reseller.

WINTER IS COMING
Oct 6, 2011
Downloaded a bunch of files via Supernews each with 1-2 bits missing so they ended up failed, added a Blocknews account as backup and was unable to repair - everything was downloading from Astraweb.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

WINTER IS COMING posted:

Downloaded a bunch of files via Supernews each with 1-2 bits missing so they ended up failed, added a Blocknews account as backup and was unable to repair - everything was downloading from Astraweb.

If you used these two services, you didn't download anything from astraweb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~

WINTER IS COMING posted:

If you are looking at the connections, what you see is the server where the article originally was uploaded.

sabnzbd posted:

2012-03-26 00:46:49,384::INFO::[decoder:131] Unknown Error while decoding <Article: article=1234567891.12345.1@eu.news.astraweb.com, bytes=619975, partnum=1, art_id=None>

What you see here is "articlenumber@eu.news.astraweb.com", formatted kind of like an email address. This just shows where it was originally uploaded to.

quote:

2012-03-26 00:46:47,765::INFO::[downloader:351] 12@ssl-us.astraweb.com:563: Initiating connection

This shows what you are actually connecting to.