Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
http://www.theonion.com/articles/study-dolphins-not-so-intelligent-on-land,1896/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Ehud posted:

I told my wife (who doesn't care about football) about the potential logo change on Gmail chat and she said why bother changing it if we're still going to suck

:smith:

I disagree. Everyone knows that the Rays became a good baseball team by changing their name and look. It surely had nothing to do with building a good young team.

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Jelq Swagger posted:

I disagree. Everyone knows that the Rays became a good baseball team by changing their name and look. It surely had nothing to do with building a good young team.

Ah, the Bucs/Pats effect (May not apply to falcons)

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
When the Broncos changed their uniform and logo they won the Super Bowl :whatup:

not gonna happen in miami tho

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Quick team by team breakdown:
http://www.uni-watch.com/2012/04/04/team-by-team-breakdown-of-the-new-nikenfl-uniforms/

Sounds like metallic colors...aren't so metallic with the new fabric, such as (49ers):

quote:

Gold pants are now more of a matte mustard.
Which is probably why the Raiders stuck with their old uniforms (pants at least, not sure why on the jerseys), and apparently for the Eagles their green was hard to recreate.

Ehud posted:

Best logo in the NFL going to get betterer in 2013

http://blogs.trb.com/sports/custom/business/blog/2012/04/miami_dolphins_consider_alteri.html
It took me a while to remember what their logo even looked like cause all I could think of was your (old) avatar.

smackfu posted:

Aren't they snug fit over pads though? It doesn't seem like they would fit anyone not in pads...
Well this is why they're generally huge in the first place, maybe the "snug" fit will just make them more normal sized on non padded folk.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ehud posted:

I told my wife (who doesn't care about football) about the potential logo change on Gmail chat and she said why bother changing it if we're still going to suck

:smith:

This is priceless holy hell hahahaha

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

This is part of something I was working on, but really, this is literally what I wanted the Seahawks uniforms to look like:

That would be the best uniform, I don't care what anyone says. (And yes, those are skittles on the belt)

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Yeah I was hoping for crazy use of the green rather than just as an accent color.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The Skittles Skirmish Satchel (TM) was a nice touch.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
why can't i see it :saddowns:

e: nevermind i can see it now

FUCKFACE MORON fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Apr 4, 2012

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Ehud posted:

http://blogs.trb.com/sports/custom/business/blog/2012/04/miami_dolphins_consider_alteri.html

I too look forward to a snarling dolphin. Better keep the loving retro helmet on his fat porpoise head, though :colbert:

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

Ehud posted:

Please replace the M on the dolphin's helmet with the actual logo so the logo is recursive.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Febreeze posted:

This is part of something I was working on, but really, this is literally what I wanted the Seahawks uniforms to look like:

That would be the best uniform, I don't care what anyone says. (And yes, those are skittles on the belt)

Reminds me of a Ninja Turtle. What does it look like with a bandana around the helmet?

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Silly Burrito posted:

Reminds me of a Ninja Turtle. What does it look like with a bandana around the helmet?

An Alien.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Febreeze posted:

An Alien.

Quick, call Michael Bay. You may have just made millions designing the new costume.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
How Ehud marry a girl who dont care about football smh.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Rap posted:

quote:

why bother changing it if we're still going to suck
Sounds like she knows enough :v:

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I was thinking about doing every team (again). God help me.

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Apr 4, 2012

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Zubaz

Almo
Jan 1, 2007

by angerbot

Febreeze posted:

the bengals holy gently caress

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
down as gently caress for all those uniforms.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Febreeze posted:

Sign me the hell up, but we all know the teams will demand that you work in the same awful solid white pants into every outfit.

ZopfaMania
Jul 7, 2010

Nike would totally do three versions of that one if the Bengals were a college team. I would love to see an orange stripes on black variation.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

umm the patriots wearing captain america uniforms owns hard. I would be able to root for the pats if those were the uniforms. the shield would have to be on the palms of the gloves though.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
My dream is of a Bengals uniform that has the stripes replaced by swooshes. So close.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Welp, they did exactly what I hoped for (and expected, really) with the Packers uniform. You can't really gently caress with perfection, and it seems they left all the rest of good ones alone as well (see: Giants, Browns, Colts, etc)

Rabid Snake posted:

I never bought a Jersey because they never fitted right. I'm all for snug fit.

Mine all fit me well, but the secret is to get them a size smaller than they tell you so it fits more like a regular t-shirt but I can still comfortably wear it over a thermal shirt when it's cold. It's not like I'm walking around in pads on Sunday and need it to fit over them. All my jerseys are 48/50s.

BRB MAKIN BACON
Mar 22, 2007

I am Tuxedo Mask.
Russell Wilson, look into your heart and find the warrior within.
It is your destiny.

~:Seattle Seahawks:~
Man those new home seahawk uniforms are sick but I can't remember who made them-oh sweet there's giant nike logo on shouldah pahds. Awesome nike awesome nike awesomeness.

gently caress you Nike I wish you ill.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Rap posted:

It's okay because during football season I have like 8 hours a weekend of me time :unsmith:

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Ehud posted:

It's okay because during football season I have like 8 hours a weekend of me time :unsmith:

Are you that stereotypical commercial couple that fights over game day useage of the living room?

"But the guys are coming over! We ordered wings and pizza!"
"Well my shows are on, and it's book club time"
"BUT ITS FOOTBALL"
"I don't understand why you like that sport so much, it's just a bunch of guys running into each other. Last time your friends were here they stained the rug"
"I SAID FRANK WAS SORRY"

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Febreeze posted:

Are you that stereotypical commercial couple that fights over game day useage of the living room?

"But the guys are coming over! We ordered wings and pizza!"
"Well my shows are on, and it's book club time"
"BUT ITS FOOTBALL"
"I don't understand why you like that sport so much, it's just a bunch of guys running into each other. Last time your friends were here they stained the rug"
"I SAID FRANK WAS SORRY"

Sorry, no sitcom arguments. Dolphins games are always out of market here in South Carolina so I just watch streams on my computer :ninja:

She's actually really cool about my obsessive fandom. She took me down to Atlanta for my birthday last year to see Miami @ Atlanta in the preseason. It's funny interacting with her about the Dolphins. She doesn't understand why I get so angry when we lose.

"Well Ehud, don't the Dolphins usually lose?"

And the other day somebody at her work who is a Dolphins fan was saying we should get Tebow and my wife replied, "Why? He has the worst completion percentage in the NFL."

#wifechat

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Ehud posted:

#wifechat

Your wife is actually a Patriots fan and has been trolling you for years

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

SteelAngel2000 posted:

Your wife is actually a Patriots fan and has been trolling you for years

Does she yell out Tom Brady in the bedroom?
I yell out Tom Brady in the bedroom.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Febreeze posted:

Does she yell out Tom Brady in the bedroom?
I yell out Tom Brady in the bedroom.

Only when I'm hittin it hard and dry in the pooper.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Febreeze posted:

NFL Superpro would like to have a word with New England about copyright infringement.

Seriously though, those are awesome. The silliest thing for me to notice is the attention to detail, but I liked the shadows too.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ron Jeremy posted:

Only when I'm hittin it hard and dry in the pooper.

Name and avatar combo, :golfclap:

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Ehud posted:

Sorry, no sitcom arguments. Dolphins games are always out of market here in South Carolina so I just watch streams on my computer :ninja:

She's actually really cool about my obsessive fandom. She took me down to Atlanta for my birthday last year to see Miami @ Atlanta in the preseason. It's funny interacting with her about the Dolphins. She doesn't understand why I get so angry when we lose.

And the other day somebody at her work who is a Dolphins fan was saying we should get Tebow and my wife replied, "Why? He has the worst completion percentage in the NFL."

#wifechat

My wife doesn't like watching football but she likes the storylines and she likes watching fights. She also hates the Steelers so I did a good job.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Silly Burrito posted:

NFL Superpro would like to have a word with New England about copyright infringement.

Seriously though, those are awesome. The silliest thing for me to notice is the attention to detail, but I liked the shadows too.

Holy poo poo. I had that. I have no idea where it is anymore, but I had that.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.
So I'm trying to figure out whats the difference between the NFL ELITE and Limited and Game jerseys on preorder for nike. Like the Game variation seems to be the cheaper fabric that's not water repelling and no stitched numbers but ventilated the same. So whats the difference between Elite and Limited other than the 115$ price difference and why is the Limited not available till the 29th of June and Elite is pre ordering after the 27th?

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

People say we suck at sports but they don't understand
It's hard to catch with holes right through your hands

squarerandom posted:

So I'm trying to figure out whats the difference between the NFL ELITE and Limited and Game jerseys on preorder for nike. Like the Game variation seems to be the cheaper fabric that's not water repelling and no stitched numbers but ventilated the same. So whats the difference between Elite and Limited other than the 115$ price difference and why is the Limited not available till the 29th of June and Elite is pre ordering after the 27th?

Gameday (basic jersey): tagless jersey, silicon print numbers

Limited (mid-point): Flywire collar (the kind of pointed one), Twill numbers

Elite (same as players): water-resistant, same on-field product

I'm guessing Limited gets the last launch date because it's a weird compromise and won't be as popular as either Gameday or Elite.

I used this for reference: http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=shop,miami_dolphins

e: No Elite jerseys for Women, there are Limited ones.

Heaf fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Apr 5, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?
Wow, the "Gameday" jerseys look weird. Like, at least with Reebok the lowest jersey still looked more like a jersey than just a t-shirt.

I'll probably start saving up some cash for an Elite, they do look pretty slick. just need to decide which style and which player.

• Locked thread