Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Niddhogg posted:

iirc there's some hard evidence that proves Filia was designed before Milia Rage from Guilty Gear.

That would be prior to 1997 which would be pretty crazy. What's the evidence?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Here's an interview with Alex Ahad. We usually don't get a lot of interviews with Alex, so this is a real treat. Good read too.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Niddhogg posted:

iirc there's some hard evidence that proves Filia was designed before Milia Rage from Guilty Gear.

edit: Man I really wish this had come to my attention this weekend. I could have told my friends that I was bringing Skullgirls to the next session for April Fools.

I highly doubt this, while the character designs are ancient, they aren't pre Guilty Gear ancient. IIRC they were made about 10 years ago.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

That would be prior to 1997 which would be pretty crazy. What's the evidence?

If it doesn't predate it maybe he just said he didn't see Milia until he already thought of Filia? It wouldn't be too difficult since "Woman who can control her hair and fight with it" isn't that difficult to come up with. Or maybe he just got it from the Inhumans or Powerpuff Girls instead heh.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Niddhogg posted:

If it doesn't predate it maybe he just said he didn't see Milia until he already thought of Filia? It wouldn't be too difficult since "Woman who can control her hair and fight with it" isn't that difficult to come up with. Or maybe he just got it from the Inhumans or Powerpuff Girls instead heh.

I mean, I don't really care or anything, but do you think characters Alex invented in High School are going to be beacons of creative integrity? It's almost certainly based off Millia, but it's not like Daisuke Ishiwatari cares (he even likes the game). So whatever.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I know what you guys are thinking right now.
Boy howdy, do I like Skullgirls! But can I play it with my favorite guitar controller or flight stick?
The answer is yes!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Liar Lyre posted:

I know what you guys are thinking right now.
Boy howdy, do I like Skullgirls! But can I play it with my favorite guitar controller or flight stick?
The answer is yes!

An actual MS Cert Requirement in action.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
Skullgirl's facebook now says April 10th.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I checked the PS Blogcast and they confirmed Skullgirls for April 10th. Heck yeah. By the way, with this confirmation there should be a Double trailer coming soon.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Tomorrow morning, 7am PST, PSN blog.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Killer! Here, have a Double art.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Double has some sort of swollen growth at the end of her giant penis.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

:stare:
Now I can't unsee it.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
I'm pretty sure that's supposed to be a severed arm or leg but yeah...

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Somehow they still managed to get a panty shot in there.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Is the penis an ouroboros? It looks like it goes behind the panties and back into the tumor. Or is it coming out of the exposed lower brain at the base of the shaft, while the tumor turns into the giant mouth?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

AXE COP posted:

Somehow they still managed to get a panty shot in there.

Never challenge an artist to put a panty shot in ANY picture.

It's like an instinctual thing they can never fail.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Skullgirls - objectifying women and what is that is that a penis with a tumor cmon double

Double is truly the best character not named Peacock.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Remember that website that let you choose an animation from 3S and just play it on loop, blow it up, slow it down, whatever, so you can look at how pretty everything is?

I want that feature here or on the website or something, because the sprites are just gorgeous.

Except for Double, who is gross as gently caress obviously. But gross in a way I want to look at closely.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The disconnect between this game and the recent fighting game sexism blowup everyone pretended really hard to care about for 5 minutes makes me laugh.

dont talk about it though no one in this thread is capable of crossing the cognitive dissonance barrier probate anyone who brings up the 30 pound pair of tits in the room THIS IS ABOUT GAMEPLAY DAMMIT you guys are loving pathetic you can`t have your cake and eat it too either this game bombs and you all get to be upstanding nerds who are totally respectful to women or this game succeeds (but totally not cause of boobs it has a really good tutorial and and and...!) and you are revealed to be the doubletalk manchildren everyone already knows you are.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
It's not just this game that has HUGE TITS, cammy is a woman deserving of respect and that's why she wears her MI6 issued leotard.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Boxman posted:

Remember that website that let you choose an animation from 3S and just play it on loop, blow it up, slow it down, whatever, so you can look at how pretty everything is?

I want that feature here or on the website or something, because the sprites are just gorgeous.

Except for Double, who is gross as gently caress obviously. But gross in a way I want to look at closely.
It's been a heavily requested item and may be in the game at launch or soon after.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
So I completely forgot about the goonbats when I made the Skullgirls tourney. Would anyone object to me pushing it an hour earlier? I still wanna have be a day1 tourney but I don't want to overlap the other tourney too much(also it's vsav so I would like to play in that one).

edit: VVV yes XBOX and it would be 8est

GabbiLB fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Apr 6, 2012

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
What time are you having it? Xbox right?

ExMortis
Feb 14, 2012

Let's RUNNING!! :ussr:
You would be moving it to from 9EST to 8EST/7CST? I guess that's aite, it still gives me some hours of practice before my evening class, assuming the release time isn't jacked.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mr. Unlucky posted:

The disconnect between this game and the recent fighting game sexism blowup everyone pretended really hard to care about for 5 minutes makes me laugh.

dont talk about it though no one in this thread is capable of crossing the cognitive dissonance barrier probate anyone who brings up the 30 pound pair of tits in the room THIS IS ABOUT GAMEPLAY DAMMIT you guys are loving pathetic you can`t have your cake and eat it too either this game bombs and you all get to be upstanding nerds who are totally respectful to women or this game succeeds (but totally not cause of boobs it has a really good tutorial and and and...!) and you are revealed to be the doubletalk manchildren everyone already knows you are.
Yo I think the reaction some people have to calling out the designs in this game is dumb and I think the designs themselves are really dumb but you can like something problematic without being sexist and even if they really loving enjoy pantyshots, there's a difference between that and literally sexually harassing a woman, in real life, until she drops out of a competition.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I love huge ridiculous anime tits and up skirt shots and women's rights. Just thought you guys might need my input.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

ExMortis posted:

You would be moving it to from 9EST to 8EST/7CST? I guess that's aite, it still gives me some hours of practice before my evening class, assuming the release time isn't jacked.

360 games come out at 6pm EST, right?

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Mr. Unlucky posted:

Hey we've been through this before but don't let that stop you from thinking anything you're saying here even makes sense.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Eh gently caress it, I really don't want to get into this derail in this thread yet again on second thought.

The Rokstar fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Apr 6, 2012

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Broken Loose posted:

360 games come out at 6pm EST, right?

Generally early on Wednesday like around 6am

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth

Mr. Unlucky posted:

Competitive FPS games, military murder and violence. Competitive RTS, specie genocide. Competitive fighting game Skullgirls, gross art and panty shots, RAGE!!!

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
I'm still trying to figure out what he is trying to say in the first place. I guess it doesn't really matter.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Kilometers Davis posted:

I love huge ridiculous anime tits and up skirt shots and women's rights. Just thought you guys might need my input.

No cheating man you can only pick One.

Buhbuhj posted:

I'm still trying to figure out what he is trying to say in the first place. I guess it doesn't really matter.

You're better off spending this time being excited we got official release dates.

Dweller
Sep 6, 2008
Still no confirmed date for non-US PSN, estimates are it'll be a few weeks late. Bleh.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Dweller posted:

Still no confirmed date for non-US PSN, estimates are it'll be a few weeks late. Bleh.

Wasn't it already confirmed today on SRK?

E: oh NON-US :( sorry man.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Mr. Unlucky posted:

Hey I'm a woman, can I please ask your permission to like these character designs, because I do but apparently I need you to render your opinion first from atop your ivory tower. I won't leave the kitchen without your say-so either, promise.

Double's panties are pretty creepy though - still doesn't mean I'm not going to play the hell out of her and love it. Although I suspect I'm going to be kind of lousy with her since she's apparently super heavy and I've always been much better with quicker characters. I hope Valentine isn't too terrible...

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Maybe this Double trailer will convince you to play her.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
Speaking of trailers, I just paused during an awkward time during the Peacock trailer, and it turns out her face peels back and reveals a bear trap inside her jaw. Who knew?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Rootbeer Baron posted:

Hey I'm a woman

Misogyny isn't gender specific.

• Locked thread