Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)

WWEDanielBryan posted:

The people have spoken, and @wweshop has listened. The #YesYesYes shirt may be out as soon as monday. Will keep you guys updated.

I mean, the obvious comment is overused now, so I won't-- YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Fart Radio posted:

I mean, the obvious comment is overused now, so I won't-- YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

It seems like that's WWE's strategy for everything now.

"People chanting something? Put it on a shirt!"
"Punk wants ice cream bars? PUT IT ON A SHIRT!"

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Lone Rogue posted:

You do realize that merch sales are a gigantic part of their revenue, right? Not exploiting this would be stupid.

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)

Lone Rogue posted:

As someone who owns the Ice Cream Bar shirt and both D-Bry shirts, I have no problem with this.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

Endorph posted:

My favorite part is E for Excitement.

EDIT: WWE, please make Otunga's theme Fragrance of Dark Coffee.

Daybreak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXvuUp-KY5g

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Gavok posted:

I thought that was kind of funny until seeing "Ace's Attorney". Then I completely lost it.

Somebody needs to remake the Godot coffee throwing sprite to put Otunga in it.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I want to remake the entire Ace Attorney series using WWE people now. Otunga would be Phoenix, Zack Ryder is Larry Butz. William Regal as Von Karma?

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

TL posted:

I want to remake the entire Ace Attorney series using WWE people now. Otunga would be Phoenix, Zack Ryder is Larry Butz. William Regal as Von Karma?

Only if Layla can be Franziska. :pervert:

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

The Goog posted:

Only if Layla can be Franziska. :pervert:
AJ as Maya, Big O as Gumshoe and Drew as Edgeworth.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

VanSandman posted:

You do realize that merch sales are a gigantic part of their revenue, right? Not exploiting this would be stupid.

Seriously, it seems like they're under the same rules as most bands. While less people pay for the albums/DVDS and PPVs, live shows and merch are what sell.

Anyway, was about to throw money away on a Punk shirt next paycheck, will probably buy this instead if it's cool.

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
The bowtied coffee cup should be Otunga's official logo. Put it on a shirt!

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
The Barrett shirt is actually badass as all hell.

Edwardian
May 4, 2010

"Can we have a bit of decorum on this forum?"

Writer Cath posted:

Barrett is actually badass as all hell.

Any word on when he's back? He looked thinner at the HoF and some of the pre-WM interviews he did.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Edwardian posted:

Any word on when he's back? He looked thinner at the HoF and some of the pre-WM interviews he did.

If he doesn't get a gigantic push when he get's back, the WWE doesn't deserve him.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
I really haven't watched much Smackdown outside of Bryan stuff in the last few months. Is Barrett a better worker now? He's always had a great presence as a character, but I could never get into his matches for the longest time.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Jelq Swagger posted:

I really haven't watched much Smackdown outside of Bryan stuff in the last few months. Is Barrett a better worker now? He's always had a great presence as a character, but I could never get into his matches for the longest time.
Yeah, he did. He's had some great matches with Sheamus and Orton.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Jelq Swagger posted:

On Smackdown he was getting a nice variety of opponents. He could believably throw around the smaller guys and could brawl wonderfully with big dudes.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

Perigryn posted:

Yeah, he did. He's had some great matches with Sheamus and Orton.

I'll have to check out some of those matches. I still never got around to watching his feud with Orton. Hopefully Wade gets Money in the Bank this year.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
If only his dad taught him to play catch.

burntnorton
Mar 6, 2006

Edwardian posted:

Mid-to-late summer.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Don't let Tyson Kidd's new face mannerisms fool you! He's still a monster! :mad:

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Jelq Swagger posted:

I'll have to check out some of those matches. I still never got around to watching his feud with Orton. Hopefully Wade gets Money in the Bank this year.

If you only look at one, check out his no-DQ match with Orton from the 2/3 Smackdown (that sadly ended up being the blow-off to their feud because he got injured shortly thereafter). Probably the best match I've seen him have.

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009

Jelq Swagger posted:

He's better, but there's still a hell of a lot of room for improvement in my opinion and he's largely untested in matches lasting longer than five minutes by my recollection.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sue Denim posted:

He's better, but there's still a hell of a lot of room for improvement in my opinion and he's largely untested in matches lasting longer than five minutes by my recollection.

True though this is, the ring work HAS been improving and it was the only thing holding him back between being a legitimately major main eventer. The man has a look, a character, and is goddamn platinum on the mic.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

I think the one thing he really needs to do is expand his moveset. He's a brawler, but he's a big enough dude that he could throw in some more power moves.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cardboard Box posted:

I think the one thing he really needs to do is expand his moveset. He's a brawler, but he's a big enough dude that he could throw in some more power moves.

Agreed 100%. If he threw in a suplex or two or some lariats or something it'd be awesome.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Cardboard Box posted:

If you only look at one, check out his no-DQ match with Orton from the 2/3 Smackdown (that sadly ended up being the blow-off to their feud because he got injured shortly thereafter). Probably the best match I've seen him have.

Also, watch the Orton vs. Otunga Christmas match. Just because.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Agreed 100%. If he threw in a suplex or two or some lariats or something it'd be awesome.

Let's all tweet Wade telling him to add a stalling suplex to his moveset.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

THE GAYEST POSTER posted:

Also, watch the Orton vs. Otunga Christmas match. Just because.

Seriously fun match. That match alone made me like Otunga.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Veg posted:

Seriously fun match. That match alone made me like Otunga.

Orton laughing after knocking Otunga over with an empty box is the highlight of last year.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

True though this is, the ring work HAS been improving and it was the only thing holding him back between being a legitimately major main eventer. The man has a look, a character, and is goddamn platinum on the mic.

If his first promo on returning doesn't have him saying "God Save The Queen" then I'll be sorely disappointed. I laughed like a motherfucker when he first said that to atomic heat.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

I was disappointed that he hasn't ended every single promo with that. Also that he doesn't always come out with the coat and rose.

the_Vandal
Feb 7, 2004

You make me wanna cry
You make me wanna die
I love you, I love you, I love you,
I love you, I love you
Night Man

THE GAYEST POSTER posted:

Orton laughing after knocking Otunga over with an empty box is the highlight of last year.

That wasn't funny at all. The guy has too much muscle mass to keep himself upright and you find it funny?! Yeah, laugh it up because the guy is buff as gently caress. You should be ashamed of yourself. Just because a guy wants to do HGH and get over due to not having to work out hard and change his diet doesn't give you any right to mock his lifestyle. He's rich and can afford the injections that he needs, and the fat chicks that got thin from weight watchers that he needs to bone to get over. For shame.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
Cranky Vince is slaying me tonight.

Cranky Vince posted:

JOB OPENING: GUY WHO CAN COOK FISH 6 DIFFERENT WAYS, TO COME IN & TELL ME ABOUT IT AS I SHAKE MY HEAD AND SAY, "NOT A FISH GUY, PAL." $75K

TELLING MALENKO HOW I AM GOING TO SPRAY MY HOT SEED ALL OVER EVA'S CHEST IN T-MINUS 70 MINUTES. MALENKO, LOOKING AT HIS ADORABLE BABY SHOES.

SINGING "DANGER ZONE" TOP GUN SONG, UNZIPPING PANTS, TAKING BIG EARL OUT OF THE HANGAR.

SNIFFING TERRY TAYLOR'S FINGERS. I'M NOT LIKING WHAT I'M SMELLING HERE.

SNIFFING BROCK LESNAR'S FINGERS. YES... YES... I REMEMBER THAT SOUTHERN BELLE SCENT. NOSTALGIC WOOD.

JAY STRONGBOW'S GHOST BRIEFING ME ON THE FINISH FOR TONIGHT'S DARK MATCH. WAIT. gently caress. JAY'S DEAD?

INTRODUCING EDDIE GRAHAM'S GHOST TO JAY STRONGBOW APPARITION, EDDIE'S JAW CRUDELY TAPED TO FACE. STRONGBOW, STILL SMELLING LIKE CHEAP HOOCH.

The shittier news sites are reporting that Cranky Vince was talking about writers being pissed off about not being invited to the WM after-party before the dirtsheets reported it. In other words, he seems to have some connections. Or he really is Vince.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Or he's a broken clock right twice a day.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
The best thing about Cranky Vince is the little things. The fact he only follows six or so other twitter profiles, most of whom are nutrition products, as well as Linda McMahon parodies, makes it superb.

That and his weird journey to Cuba just before Wrestlemania was well worth reading.

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It's not really his fault either, he just seems to have hit a ceiling where he gets regular ring time but not enough to really improve, but such is the condition of the modern WWE undercard superstar.

Cardboard Box posted:

I used to think he was the drizzling shits in the ring (to watch, at least) and then he did this and it was amazing how it coloured my perception of his ring work, I think there's definitely something to this idea.

burntnorton
Mar 6, 2006

Perry Normal posted:

Cranky Vince is slaying me tonight.

The shittier news sites are reporting that Cranky Vince was talking about writers being pissed off about not being invited to the WM after-party before the dirtsheets reported it. In other words, he seems to have some connections. Or he really is Vince.

He has hinted at other things like that before they were reported.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Brock Lesnar's Twitter handle is @DCBROCKLESNAR and for some reason I can't help reading it as "Brockle Snar". I guess the "ckle" letter sequence is just more phonetically attractive than the alternatives and so it naturally parses that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Sir Lemming posted:

Brock Lesnar's Twitter handle is @DCBROCKLESNAR and for some reason I can't help reading it as "Brockle Snar". I guess the "ckle" letter sequence is just more phonetically attractive than the alternatives and so it naturally parses that way.

Sounds like some kind of Pokemon to me. Brockle Snar! Snar! Snar!