Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Awesome Andy
Feb 18, 2007

All the spoils of a wasted life
I'll be getting it for the 360 my gamertag is Puppetpalhoneyb, warning I am not very good at fighting games.

Awesome Andy fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Apr 9, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikan
Sep 5, 2007

by Radium

Yeah, if anyone wants to play Skullgirls Tuesday my id is MikanHP and I'll be picking it up practically right when it comes out. Just don't play Double :gonk:

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
I will definitely be on the PSN crew. Finally jmcrofts can take his revenge for all those times I killed him with Jill in MvC2.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I'm getting it on PS3 as well. I will most likely spend at least an hour getting used to the game first before I make a fool out of myself.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
I'll be getting on the PS3, and will be getting my rear end taxed, presumably.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Liar Lyre posted:

No problem. If you want a specific image for it, link it or e-mail me. That goes for everyone too.

I''m going to stick with Pam for a bit since I only got this one a few days ago so don't bother with mine.

On another note: One. More. Day.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I hope ya'll PSN people enjoy it! Curse you Xbox, at least it's not on Friday.

Sir_Phobos
May 24, 2011

Don't you wanna see it?
Throwing my hat into the PSN ring. My ID is SirPhobos84 if anyone wants to play!

I'm thinking of using Painwheel and Parasoul. I might throw Peacock into the mix for maximum alliterative strength.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
I'll likely be getting it on PSN too, though I'm curious - about what time roughly do new games show up on PSN? I'm on PST, if it makes any difference.

Wanna maximize the time I've got available, after all.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
I'll be getting it on PS3 too. I'll probably jump onto online right away and lose really terribly a bunch and then give up and never play it again like I do with every fighting game I've ever bought.

New stuff on PSN usually shows up pretty late in the day, like 7 or 8 pm central time.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
I'll be buying it on PC when it eventually comes out. I hope the release isn't too long after the console, I want the people I'm playing to be just as new to it as I am. :I

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

AXE COP posted:

I'll be buying it on PC when it eventually comes out. I hope the release isn't too long after the console, I want the people I'm playing to be just as new to it as I am. :I
I'm pretty sure PC development is number one priority for Reverge, maybe number two behind DLC.

I'm totally playing day one, but I'll probably play local for the first few days.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:

AXE COP posted:

I'll have to wait till PC as well. I'm rear end at fighters and don't have a ping that can play online right now. You can always play me :unsmith:.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I'm gonna download the demo and play Practice Mode until I decide to buy this :3:

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Reminds me, I couldn't seem to find the demo on PSN. Admittedly I don't use it much, but it didn't seem to be anywhere I could find, and searching for the name didn't work either. Is it not up yet, or am I just a dumbass?

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Both!

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

PS3 here. Been waiting for this one.

Golden Battler posted:

Reminds me, I couldn't seem to find the demo on PSN. Admittedly I don't use it much, but it didn't seem to be anywhere I could find, and searching for the name didn't work either. Is it not up yet, or am I just a dumbass?

I think the demo is released alongside the full game but I'm not 100% on that.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Brosnan posted:

I will definitely be on the PSN crew. Finally jmcrofts can take his revenge for all those times I killed him with Jill in MvC2.

Don't worry I'll go easy on you :unsmigghh:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I plan on getting this even though I'm super easy to make panic in these kinda games. I'm hoping the tutorial can actually help me understand what the gently caress I'm doing as I'm kind of a total moron.

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
I'll be rocking the game on PS3, too. Username is Satorr.

Dunno if I'll be online for the first day or two as I'm temporarily moving the PS3 to the room with the massive TV for launch festivities after I download it, and I can't currently find my spare cat5 cables.

Zexerous
May 5, 2006

No Alibi. No Justice. No Dream. No Club.
I'll be picking it up for PS3 as well. PSN is Zexerous.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
You psn dudes should make a spreadsheet or something. Maybe mr crofts can stick it in the OP.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Just make a Google doc for PSN and one for XBLA. Super easy. I'd do it, but I'm super busy now.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

AXE COP posted:

I just ordered a new PC rig for Guild Wars 2 so will also be holding out for the PC release too. I've got a massive back catalogue of games I need to get through and don't have time for another right now. This way I'll also be coming into the game with lots of guides at my disposal. It better be on steam though, I won't buy GFWL titles.

Zexerous
May 5, 2006

No Alibi. No Justice. No Dream. No Club.
Great I just realized, Skullgirls is going to be one of the games we're running at the next tournament I'm running.

jmcrofts is gonna take that money ez.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Zexerous posted:

Great I just realized, Skullgirls is going to be one of the games we're running at the next tournament I'm running.

jmcrofts is gonna take that money ez.

COME AT ME BROS.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
Anyone know the EU release PSN date..?

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
I'll be getting it on PSN, Static_Rook is my ID.

I wasn't very interested in the game at first, but the more I've seen of it the more I want to try it. It also helps I've been trying to get good at 2D fighters again.

Pumped for tutorial mode.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Chipp Zanuff posted:

Unfortunately it's not finalized yet due to some internal poo poo. Hopefully some news soon.

Portable Staplefrog
May 21, 2007

I am bad at these games and I have cold, so I'll be even worse, but I will get this for ps3 anyway.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

You know what, I'm not busy enough to create a Google Doc. Tell me if there is something wrong with it. Just add your name and stuff.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0An8pZeAVd-lKdFlCdmx6X0xmdGZFME5semJycmRBU0E

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Hey PSN guys, please post impressions and experiences and reviews and poo poo today!!! I have a PS3 but I have no stick so I'm gonna pass on the PS3 version for now.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Chipp Zanuff posted:

Due to EU naming issues it's being released next year as Iron Brigirls.

Badingading
Sep 2, 2011

Throwing my name in on the PSN set, ID is TheShyBear. Add me if you don't mind having a flailing training dummy. :downs:

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Broken Loose posted:

Hey, jmcrofts, could you test out the following, please?

Peacock Lonesome Lenny DHC into Painwheel Hatred Install. Then absorb the explosion with HP and hit the opponent with said HP. How much damage are we looking at?

I suppose you could also just use an enemy Lenny so PW can be 1v3 for maximum comedy.

Don't think anyone answered this but the armour moves only absorb a certain amount of damage before they break, so the bomb would probably just knock her out of it.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Sade posted:

Hey PSN guys, please post impressions and experiences and reviews and poo poo today!!! I have a PS3 but I have no stick so I'm gonna pass on the PS3 version for now.

Game comes out tomorrow :sweatdrop:

AXE COP posted:

Don't think anyone answered this but the armour moves only absorb a certain amount of damage before they break, so the bomb would probably just knock her out of it.

Nah I'm pretty sure it's number of hits. IIRC light normals absorb 1 hit, medium normals 2, hard normals 3.

The setup that guy is wanting to test probably won't work, as a combo at least. if you dhc from lenny into hatred install, you're gonna have a long time before the bomb actually goes off.

Jmcrofts fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Apr 9, 2012

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
I love the fact that the super meter is called "Dramatic Tension".

Jmcrofts posted:

Nah I'm pretty sure it's number of hits. IIRC light normals absorb 1 hit, medium normals 2, hard normals 3.

I was just going by Mike Z's quote:

quote:

Since I already talked about Painwheel's intended basic mechanics a bit, I can answer that - basically, imagine a focus attack that could absorb up to some amount of max damage before breaking, and if you hit with it the damage you deal would be the move's initial damage plus whatever you absorbed by holding it. Now apply that properly to select normals.

Maybe it changed since then.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Jmcrofts posted:

Oh oops, I thought PSN releases were mondays.

the Gaffe
Jul 4, 2011

you gotta believe dawg
Any of you guys able to talk on something like Mumble and play on the PS3 at the same time? Be more fun trying to vocalize my frustration by yelling at you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Sade posted:

Oh oops, I thought PSN releases were mondays.

I like to think Sony just updates it at Whenever'O'Clock, because it's supposed to go through at 4PM. Winds up going up between that and 9PM.

Which sucks because I need to get good at Peacock now.

Also I am ViralCount on PSN so let's get some lobbies going tomorrow so we can throw around random buttons and such!

• Locked thread