Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!
Yeah the trouble is both teams seem to split up into groups of two anyway, so if you want to see what happens to each sub-team you need to watch two videos for each team, which both of course have exactly the same commentary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Si vis pacem, para bellum

quote:

Spawn Eggs now spawn baby mobs.
Please tell me that's tiny zombies with giant heads :3:

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

Iacen posted:

Please tell me that's tiny zombies with giant heads :3:

The down side is I was working on a map and was hoping to use spawn eggs to place monsters in traps. Guess that's not happening.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
It might just mean that for mobs like pigs it makes babies. I can't see what the point of having baby zombies and such would be. Unless they don't want people using the eggs as weapons to spawn mobs right on top of other players.

EDIT: The more that I think about this the more I want it. Think of all the uses of being able to throw down an emergency creeper wave!

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Apr 12, 2012

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008
e;f,b
Well, that is only if they added baby hostile mobs and the eggs just don't spawn the baby version of passive mobs.

Howmuch
Apr 29, 2008

Zsinjeh posted:

For some weird reason Baj voice is really low in his own videos making him sound really disinterested.

I remember watching some video the other day where he explained this.

He (and Doc) has to stay up pretty drat late to play with the other guys which most are located in America and his girlfriend/wife is sleeping while he's recording and he doesn't want to wake her up.

The same reason why he did his voiceover post-recording in the last season.

edit: well, I guess I read that wrong... "his own videos", but it does explain his commentary in the UH series.

Howmuch fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Apr 12, 2012

Ziggy Smalls
May 24, 2008

If pain's what you
want in a man,
Pain I can do

Fishylungs posted:

The down side is I was working on a map and was hoping to use spawn eggs to place monsters in traps. Guess that's not happening.
And it could gently caress up that Pit Frenzy game Sethbling made
link if you haven't heard of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAS-mCcRnZs

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Howmuch posted:

I remember watching some video the other day where he explained this.

He (and Doc) has to stay up pretty drat late to play with the other guys which most are located in America and his girlfriend/wife is sleeping while he's recording and he doesn't want to wake her up.

The same reason why he did his voiceover post-recording in the last season.

edit: well, I guess I read that wrong... "his own videos", but it does explain his commentary in the UH series.

Also he just seems like a naturally soft spoken guy.

Syka
Mar 24, 2007
sum n00b or wut?

JamSessionEin posted:

So I was checking out your server, ended up in The End, and now I seem to be stuck there. Is there any way back to the real world? Dying doesn't help. And also it switched me back to survival mode.

Harvey Baldman
Jan 11, 2011

ATTORNEY AT LAW
Justice is bald, like an eagle, or Lady Liberty's docket.

Syka posted:

So I was checking out your server, ended up in The End, and now I seem to be stuck there. Is there any way back to the real world? Dying doesn't help. And also it switched me back to survival mode.

Yeah, /mvtp Crossroads.

I should disable The End. Sorry.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Anyone else not able to download mods or anything because of Adfly? All I get this message is "Sorry, this website / URL has been requested to be blocked from AdF.ly"

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

Have you tried The De-adflyer? I haven't had to use it recently but it might be worth a shot.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Azzanadra posted:

Have you tried The De-adflyer? I haven't had to use it recently but it might be worth a shot.

Very cool, thanks for this :)

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:

Avocados posted:

Anyone else not able to download mods or anything because of Adfly? All I get this message is "Sorry, this website / URL has been requested to be blocked from AdF.ly"

Might check the Minecraft Forums. I'm sure they're bitching about it over there. I kinda wanna know what's up too.

And I present to you Matt Damon Craft. No, I did not make this. I don't know why anyone would. I don't know if it's glorious or pig poo poo. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dLWJ3pHdtc&feature=related :gonk:

Generator
Jan 14, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

It might just mean that for mobs like pigs it makes babies. I can't see what the point of having baby zombies and such would be. Unless they don't want people using the eggs as weapons to spawn mobs right on top of other players.

EDIT: The more that I think about this the more I want it. Think of all the uses of being able to throw down an emergency creeper wave!

This is correct. Just tried the snapshot and baby chickens, cows etc, but normal hostile mobs.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

D34THROW posted:

Might check the Minecraft Forums. I'm sure they're bitching about it over there. I kinda wanna know what's up too.

And I present to you Matt Damon Craft. No, I did not make this. I don't know why anyone would. I don't know if it's glorious or pig poo poo. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dLWJ3pHdtc&feature=related :gonk:

This is glorious.

Harvey Baldman
Jan 11, 2011

ATTORNEY AT LAW
Justice is bald, like an eagle, or Lady Liberty's docket.

ColHannibal posted:

This is glorious.

How did I just watch 15 minutes of this.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

JamSessionEin posted:

Because it's amazing.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

JamSessionEin posted:

Ein, could you show us your creations in glorious Matt Damon Vision©?

Trivia
Feb 8, 2006

I'm an obtuse man,
so I'll try to be oblique.
How can I ever go back to not-Matt Damon Craft?

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Looks better than the default textures.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

So I was thinking of making an open entrance to my town area.

If I have the entrance be lined with two rows of columns, and between them I have a Golem or two, and I sit a few cats in there, it's basically monster-proof, right? The Golems will smash up anything except a creeper, and the cats will scare those away.

What's gonna go wrong here?

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Your golems will wander off.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Wahad posted:

Your golems will wander off.

That's what the columns are for. 1x gap between them.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

For those of you whom are interested in trying out the Last Man Standing Hardcore experience Goonimati will be hosting one this evening starting at 6pm CDT. If you've joined us in the past you will be able to join this one. If you've not tried it before please reply in the Goonimati thread with your in-game name so you can be added to the white list.

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

I wanted to let people know that the yogscast comic section got it's much needed facelift recently and is now tolerable to use! For anyone who wanted to read my MC comics, but were physically sickened by the old layout, it's all gravy now. RSS and everything.

Also I'm the only one doing comics now since the other artist was fired/quit. :smith:

D34THROW posted:

Mediafire blocked adf.ly redirects. It broke a lot of modders download links a short while ago. Unless it's new adf.ly drama.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

Generator posted:

This is correct. Just tried the snapshot and baby chickens, cows etc, but normal hostile mobs.

Excellent! Thanks, I hadn't been home since the snapshot went up so I had no way of checking.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Azzanadra posted:

Someone please add this to the OP of this topic. Every time I want to download a new texture pack I have to disable my ad blocker, a control panel, enable cookies, wait for the equinox, and then hope I got through that adfly mess.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
EDIT: Wrong thread.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
Episodes 3 up.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
That was a pretty great episode. So close to a great comeback since the team with the upper hand decided that splitting up was a good idea. Hopefully they'll make some changes for the next season though, the whole two different islands thing didn't work very well.

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.
For reference:
Season 4(Current season) Playlist

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Guude needs to learn how to jump crit.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

I don't blame him for not learning because it is the dumbest poo poo ever.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

It's the best way to kill things, how is it dumb?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
What the hell is a jump crit?

If I were in their position I would have been trying to go to the nether after getting some arrows. 2 vs. 4 just doesn't strike me as a winnable battle in most cases. Potions could have helped out a lot, not just healing ones either

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Internet Kraken posted:

What the hell is a jump crit?

If I were in their position I would have been trying to go to the nether after getting some arrows. 2 vs. 4 just doesn't strike me as a winnable battle in most cases. Potions could have helped out a lot, not just healing ones either

You get a critical hit while you're falling after a jump.

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.

Hypnolobster posted:

It's still a really dumb thing?

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

Hypnolobster posted:

Just because it's the best way to kill things doesn't mean it's a non-lovely implementation of a critical hit system. It's like how just because one RPG has more stats to track than another doesn't mean it's a better RPG, just slightly more dense with no real added depth. Combat in Minecraft is complete poo poo and the only real improvement since launch are the bow changes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

NINbuntu 64 posted:

Just because it's the best way to kill things doesn't mean it's a non-lovely implementation of a critical hit system. It's like how just because one RPG has more stats to track than another doesn't mean it's a better RPG, just slightly more dense with no real added depth. Combat in Minecraft is complete poo poo and the only real improvement since launch are the bow changes.

Yeah, it's a horrible system, but

Vargs posted:

I don't blame him for not learning because it is the dumbest poo poo ever.
it's idiotic not to take advantage of easy crits