Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

The Rokstar posted:

Down, R1, Up, L1, Square, X?
Oh hey look at that, I was right. :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

That PS3 version of the code isn't working for me. I don't know if I'm just bad at inputting it on a stick or what.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Oh you know what, actually if it's "Y B" on the 360 controller it'd be Triangle Circle on the PS3 controller because the 360 has the button names backwards from the SNES controller.

e: No, it's definitely Square, X. Just got it to work here.

vv Are you on the controller assignment screen or the controller assignment screen? You have to be on the controller assignment screen. "New Palette Unlocked!" will come up if you do it right.

The Rokstar fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Apr 14, 2012

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

The Rokstar posted:

Oh you know what, actually if it's "Y B" on the 360 controller it'd be Triangle Circle on the PS3 controller because the 360 has the button names backwards from the SNES controller.

Still no dice with that change. Someone else on the PS3 needs to try it and see if I'm just a moron.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

That PS3 version of the code isn't working for me. I don't know if I'm just bad at inputting it on a stick or what.

I had to do it on controller 2 (lol). But I'm on 360.

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

Just did it on PS3 using Down, R1, Up, L1, Square, X

Edit: Nurse Joy Valentine :allears:

Ybrik fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Apr 14, 2012

dj_de
Jul 24, 2003

Huhhhhh?
Does the code unlock color 10 forever or do you have it do it every time? :negative:

My goal tomorrow is to extend those Valentine combos because I didn't know about the ratio thing so they aren't as good as I thought. I'm assuming I can get another relaunch and that'll give me the upperlimit of what I can do with no meter and no hitstun syringe

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
It's not working for me :cconfused:

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Alright, got it to work after reassigning a dualshock to be controller 1.

the Gaffe
Jul 4, 2011

you gotta believe dawg
I was hoping for something more random and bizarre for each character :( like Peacock's would be throw 10 pies in a row or something silly.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Alright, got it to work after reassigning a dualshock to be controller 1.

This worked. Controller needs to be player 1.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

So are the palette 9 costumes only unlocked through playing online?

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Hey dj_de peep this post

Special thanks to Brosnan and Shadow Ninja 64 for posting stuff to give me the idea for this combo. Corner only. Should work on everyone in theory but will probably take some timing adjustments for Peacock, Ms. Fortune, and Double:

Valentine/Cerebella Double Purple Poison Almost Kill Combo Spectacular

j.HP[air dash cancel]j.HP, cr.MK(1hit) cr.HP, j.MP j.HP[air dash cancel]j.MP j.HP, rejump j.MK(2hits) j.HP, rejump j.LK j.HP, st.MP st.MK st.HKx1 XX poison toss, cr.LP st.MPx2 st.MK(4hits) cr.HP+call cerebella excellebella assist, reload purple poison, dash forward cr.MP st.MK st.HKx1 or 2 XX poison toss, st.LPx2 st.MPx2 st.MK(4hits) st.HKx2 XX into QCF+LK, st.LK st.MPx1 st.MK(4hits) st.HKx2 XX QCF+MK XX QCF+KK DHC into QCF+PP

Talk about abbreviation salad. In any case this combo does a little over 13K out of 14.3K and if you time the DHC right leaves them in the corner to eat cerebella's offense. The hardest part is the links between poison toss and the subsequent normal. Three normals combo in that situation cr.LP st.LP and cr.LK, going from easiest to hardest. Next would probably be comboing off excellebella. You must make sure you haven't used cr.MP anywhere else in the combo or else you use up your OTG as it is the easiest ground normal to hit them with to prevent them from hitting the ground.

That's about all I can figure out. You can add more to it to break into the low end of 14K but the combo becomes extremely difficult. Even in my combo the only normal missing is j.HK and I really can't find a place for it. If there's another character with a move that generates enough stun to add more to the combo/another poison syringe it'll be a 100% combo in 3v3.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Ughhhh my Painwheel combo doesn't work on Double because she's so loving heavy I guess. The specific part that drops is the transition from j.MP(4 hits) to j.HP(3 hits). She just falls way too fast for that to work. I can instead change that portion to j.MP(4 hits) XX fly, d.f j.LP j.LK land, but then I don't think I can do another relaunch.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
That raises a good point, who should I be practicing these combos on, probably peacock because of how tiny she is right

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
peacock is tiny and light but Ms. Fortune has a wacky air hitbox and feels even lighter to me. Double is quite tall and also heavy. I'd say if your combo works on those three it should work on the other 5

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Ughhhh my Painwheel combo doesn't work on Double because she's so loving heavy I guess. The specific part that drops is the transition from j.MP(4 hits) to j.HP(3 hits). She just falls way too fast for that to work. I can instead change that portion to j.MP(4 hits) XX fly, d.f j.LP j.LK land, but then I don't think I can do another relaunch.

Solution found: against Double, changing the j.MP combo portion to j.MP(3 hits) j.HK works. The combo ends up being this:

c.LK c.MK s.HP XX fly, f j.MK s.LK s.MP sjc j.HP(3) j.HK, s.LP s.MP sjc j.MP(3) j.HK, c.LK s.MP sjc SLIGHT DELAY j.LK j.MK XX fly, d/f j.LP j.LK, c.LP c.LK c.MP(4) s.HP XX qcf+LP, f+HK HK HK HK XX qcf+HK, land, super (if close enough to corner, else skip qcf+HK, damage is 7208)

The slight delay I mention in there is because of you do j.LK j.MK too fast, Painwheel will be too high in the air to connect the flying d/f j.LP on Double's super fast falling self.

darealkooky posted:

That raises a good point, who should I be practicing these combos on, probably peacock because of how tiny she is right

Everyone. I've already had to adjust the general form of this combo because of Ms. Fortune being too skinny, and now I've had to change two of the air series (granted one is just slightly delaying the start of the air series) to accomodate Double. There's only eight characters, practice your bnbs against all of them.

Malachite
Mar 2, 2004

dj_de posted:

Does the code unlock color 10 forever or do you have it do it every time? :negative:

Permanent, just make sure you play a match so the game saves.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

How am I supposed to get people out of my grill when they're already close and trying to mix me up? Most of the time I can block all that nonsense but when it comes to getting a hit in or trying to get the help of my tag to push them away I just can't do anything? I lost 6 games to a solo Fortune and played 15 games with a solo Parasoul and only won 5..

Once they get in close I just feel like there's no breather for me to do anything.

E: I play Peacock/Double and the only normals they really have are air HP and HK. I'm just lost here :smith:

On a side note I still have yet to figure out what unlocks Palette 9. I've gotten the kitchen sink achievement for Peacock and nothing. I guess it's either times won/ Time playing a character/ beating story or arcade on hardest?

E2: I'm tied between Double's Lime Jell-O color or her 10th color

Dizz fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Apr 14, 2012

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Dizz posted:

On a side note I still have yet to figure out what unlocks Palette 9. I've gotten the kitchen sink achievement for Peacock and nothing. I guess it's either times won/ Time playing a character/ beating story or arcade on hardest?

25 VS wins, online or offline.

UberChair
Jan 8, 2008

This club is borin' the crap outta me!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcLVN8AjOwg

Here's a Valentine combo. Good damage, is apparently easy, works everywhere.

also jesus gently caress painwheel is pretty good but double assist makes her 10x better, as abobobama "showed" me

gently caress that assist

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Alright, I don't have any idea if this is good damage for Peacock or not but I think this combo looks funny so I'm posting it (two variations):

1 meter:
s.LP s.MP s.MK sjc, DELAY, j.LP j.HK dash cancel j.LP j.MP, land s.LP s.MP s.HP(2 hits) XX qcf+HP HP HP XX qcf+PP (4900-5000ish damage)

2 meter:
s.LP s.MP s.MK sjc, DELAY, j.LP j.HK dash cancel j.LP j.MP, land s.LP s.MP s.HK XX qcb+[Hold HP] XX qcf+PP, immediately after the last hit of the first super, release HP and do qcf+PP again (anywhere between 6350 and 6900, depending on the object I guess?)

This combo works because the dash cancel into the second air string bridges the gap between the initial hit of the j.HK and the bird falling back down. Doing the first series as late as possible allows you to bring the opponent back to the ground in front of you.

The timing on the delay is probably character specific, but you want to do the first j.LP about as late as possible, right as Peacock starts descending from her jump. So far I've tried this on Cerebella and Parasoul, and I'll go try the other characters now, too.

Edit: Okay, Ms. Fortune messes poo poo up as usual. Figures. Against her, the timing is super strict, and you have to juggle with c.MP XX qcf+LP XX qcf+PP after the air series. Does around 4700.
Actually, you can also make it work on her by removing the j.MP from the air series. The timing is still precise, but this at least allows you to bring her back to the ground and end the combo with the conventional 1 or 2 meter enders. It also works better on Filia and Peacock with the j.MP omitted. I assume it works on Painwheel as well but the timing is super tight.

Against Double you actually have to go straight into the j.HK when you jump because she falls like a brick.

I guess I'll have to put some more thought into other ways to make this work on the lighter characters.

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Apr 14, 2012

Eyeinthepie
Jul 4, 2007
This is an incredibly noobish question, but does anyone play this using the standard PS3 controller? I can't seem to do super jumps reliably and I was wondering whether anyone can offer some insight on that?

I figure that I'll probably pick up one of those PDP pads eventually so it would also be helpful if anyone could comment on how good they are.

UberChair
Jan 8, 2008

This club is borin' the crap outta me!

Eyeinthepie posted:

This is an incredibly noobish question, but does anyone play this using the standard PS3 controller? I can't seem to do super jumps reliably and I was wondering whether anyone can offer some insight on that?

I figure that I'll probably pick up one of those PDP pads eventually so it would also be helpful if anyone could comment on how good they are.

You can play with whatever you want. Pick whatever feels most comfortable to you. Playing on pad isn't some inherent disadvantage like some people make it out to be.

Eyeinthepie
Jul 4, 2007

UberChair posted:

You can play with whatever you want. Pick whatever feels most comfortable to you. Playing on pad isn't some inherent disadvantage like some people make it out to be.

No worries there. I'm not concerned about what some people think of pad players. My home country used to ban video arcades when I was younger so most of my early fighting game experience with SF2 and the sort was with the home console versions using a pad and I'd prefer to stick with that. I kinda wish that consoles had stuck with the six-button format though. I miss my old Saturn pads, best pads I ever used.

Groghammer
Aug 10, 2011

On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!
How long does it take to get used to the combo system? I started playing today and I'm having trouble with even basic combos right now.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Groghammer posted:

How long does it take to get used to the combo system? I started playing today and I'm having trouble with even basic combos right now.

That depends on how good you are at getting used to stuff, I guess? Practice more.

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
Just found a decent corner combo with Ms. Fortune, and the only thing that I think would be a downside to it would be that you have to start with your head on.

j.HP, c.LK > s.MK > s.HK, j.MP > j.HP > j.HK xx j.214P, c.LK > c.MP xx 236MP, 236MP, 236MP xx 236PP.

Does about 8.5k for about 1 meter, and builds about 3/4 of 1 bar, and if you cut off the super at the end it does around 6.5k.

Also to people who are better at making combo's than I am, I just found out that if you hit an airborne opponent with j.214P high enough, the ground bounce will give you enough time to recall your head and still pick up the OTG.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
Are painwheels qcbK grabs blockable or just with really specific ranges? I'm not really sure and without training mode options can't exactly check

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

darealkooky posted:

Are painwheels qcbK grabs blockable or just with really specific ranges? I'm not really sure and without training mode options can't exactly check

They're blockable and have specific ranges. This should answer any future questions.

FauxCyclops
Feb 25, 2007

I'm the man who killed Hostess. Now, say my name.
This game is SO loving FUN, it's like a wonderful bastard child of Marvel 3 and Blazblue. I picked up Street Fighter x Tekken recently as well and this just sharted all over it, our household hasn't even glanced at SFxT since I bought this.

Where is a good repository for combos? Is the Shoryuken wiki being updated regularly? I need to up my Ms. Fortune game; sometimes I can get off some pretty nasty launch combos and head-related madness, but other times I'll drop them constantly and my game plan will just fall apart at the seams!

:D

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
That Peacock crew picture was simply begging for a widescreen edit to provide desktop-picture goodness, I just couldn't resist.

Includes a flipped version for those wacky Mac users!

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Not gonna lie. that'd make some good stick art.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Here's all of the art in one convenient place!
http://www.spriters-resource.com/other_systems/skullgirls/index.html

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Liar Lyre posted:

Here's all of the art in one convenient place!
http://www.spriters-resource.com/other_systems/skullgirls/index.html

I was hoping for those loading screen images. Unless it's actually there and I'm not looking hard enough. [The credits one isn't the loading screen ones]

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009

Kilometers Davis posted:

Clear your cache.

This didn't work for me, even after trying multiple times and clearing up space on my HD :(

There's an SRK thread about it now, it seems there's a bunch of things that could cause it but some HDs might just be poo poo outta luck unless Reverge can figure out something on their end to improve it.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Dizz posted:

I was hoping for those loading screen images. Unless it's actually there and I'm not looking hard enough. [The credits one isn't the loading screen ones]
I guess "all" was a bit of overstatement. I just hope the actual sprites get ripped soon. As an animation fan, this game is just too beautiful.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

E: never mind.

I just want to thank Nidd for his suggestion of charge D,U+HK as the defacto choice of assist for parasoul. It's been working out well for my Valentine/Parasoul duo.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
I don't know if it's a bug or what, but the conditions for unlocking palette 9 also occur upon losing to a character <X> number of times.

I now have Cerebella's 9th palette even though I have never once chosen her. loving Cerebella :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

That's pretty cool. They really did think of everything.

Edit: have a fanart Friday!
http://revergelabs.com/2012/04/post-release-100-official-fan-art-friday/

Liar Lyre fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Apr 14, 2012

• Locked thread