Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup
That and the fact that p2w:airquote: weapons really aren't. The JG has the same exact spread as the CSG unless you put CJ in it and has such marginally better damage that it would only come into play in a situation where the SLIGHTLY better damage would net you a kill where the JG wouldn't (practically never, given the gun's damage) The whisper is a completely different gun than the OCA, and in the opinion of many, just worse. The golden AK is just worse than a 2 slotter. The Scout is a case for p2w, but the scout is not that effective and worse than a regular HVR for teamplay.

The only true p2w weapon to me is the chopper, because I want it, but I don't want to drop money for it. But even then it's just pay to have. The gun isn't OP by any stretch of the imagination.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008

Secret Sweater posted:

The only true p2w weapon to me is the chopper, because I want it, but I don't want to drop money for it. But even then it's just pay to have. The gun isn't OP by any stretch of the imagination.

That gun was available for free...

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup
Is it currently available for free? Because if it was temporarily available I wasn't there for it.

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

You should have a little more faith in your captain.

Secret Sweater posted:

Is it currently available for free? Because if it was temporarily available I wasn't there for it.

You could get it for free during the Valentine Massacre event if you got to rank 4.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
It'll be unlockable in 1.7.

Edward_Lapine
Jan 21, 2011

I thought you were actually gay, I mean...
So did I, for a bit, but then I found out about the prohibitive standards of hygiene, and all that DANCING!

Floppy Dingo posted:

Ah BraveLilToasta, never change:

http://forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/262631-hi-braveliltoasta-here/

I had BraveLilToasta message me once saying along the lines of: "lol i love ur name[Jaquai]. Stereotypical black friend of the family name. funny." Should've SS'd it.

Wow. I appreciate the compliment but err...

Edward_Lapine fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Apr 16, 2012

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup

Songbearer posted:

It'll be unlockable in 1.7.

Good to hear, I only got to do the valentines thing for a couple hours that weekend.

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010

Secret Sweater posted:

Good to hear, I only got to do the valentines thing for a couple hours that weekend.

Unlocked that by hiring the Big chopper during the event and going to town in fight clubs, but I wasn't able to finish the snubby love part in time. Though in all honesty unlocking a perm tommy gun was the far better choice.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Have some pretty pictures :3:

http://forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/271826-170-environment-and-vehicle-screenshots/

The Enforcer Espacio kit is amaaazing.

An Unoriginal Name
Jul 11, 2011

My favorite touhou is my beloved Nitori.
:swoon:
Wow holy loving poo poo. I thought they were just going to poop out a hardly-altered terrible car for us but now I want it.

Raxmus posted:

fanboy goggles

No, gently caress you, stop posting, APB is a lovely game and nobody is fanboying for it anymore. The only reason this thread exists is because we all still bother logging in to play it.

EDIT: And because I cashed in on free G1C before they caught on and made it harder for everyone.

An Unoriginal Name fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Apr 16, 2012

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008
Those car kits look pretty crappy. Espacio is better though.

Ceive
Dec 19, 2006

thank pizza skeltal

You're okay in my book Reloaded Productions.

Ceive fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Apr 16, 2012

Brooks Cracktackle
Oct 17, 2008

An Unoriginal Name posted:

Huh, that actually looks kind of cool. Too bad it's still an Espacio and thus will be terrible.

Ceive posted:

This just makes me more angry we're not getting the Mikro :argh:

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Brooks Cracktackle posted:

Huh, that actually looks kind of cool. Too bad it's still an Espacio and thus will be terrible.

I think I remember reloaded talking about how the Espacio was getting a rejig in the patch too.

An Unoriginal Name
Jul 11, 2011

My favorite touhou is my beloved Nitori.
:swoon:

Sion posted:

I think I remember reloaded talking about how the Espacio was getting a rejig in the patch too.

Yes, this:

quote:

Espacio:

Overall this vehicle is slightly more fast and manoeuvrable, with an increased clearance, and no longer pulls to the right.

•Adjusted suspension travel on all wheels from 15cms to 21cms. This ensures full grip for all wheels on the road, so vehicle doesn't veer right when accelerating.
•Raised suspension from 12cm to 18cm (necessary due to suspension travel change)
•Slightly improved Torque at 500rpm for improved acceleration from stationary.
•Reduced suspension damping and increased stiffness to reduce flexibility of now increased suspension.
•Reduced amount of engine torque applied to the chassis.
•Increased engine braking factor.
•Increased reverse throttle
•Increased steering angles at all speeds.
•Adjusted centre of mass to be lower and nearer the front (makes sense for a front-heavy vehicle)
•Slightly improved maximum speed.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Ceive posted:

Your okay in my book Reloaded Productions.

All it needs is a couple of vertical loops and we can play Hot Wheels Online.

Ktzi
Aug 1, 2006

There are plenty of spiders!
I like the Joker carbine even if it's suboptimal after the recoil nerf because it looks pretty and shoots bullets good.

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup
The joker carbine is still just as good in CQC which is where most fights occur. It's just slightly worse at range because you have to control your firing rate.

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010

Secret Sweater posted:

The joker carbine is still just as good in CQC which is where most fights occur. It's just slightly worse at range because you have to control your firing rate.

For range a obeya is better though. And occasionally you can make use of it in close, though not as elegantly as a joker.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Wow holy loving poo poo. I thought they were just going to poop out a hardly-altered terrible car for us but now I want it.

This thing is begging for a Mad Max style paint job.

Brooks Cracktackle
Oct 17, 2008

Great Beer posted:

This thing is begging for a Mad Max style paint job.

Far as I know, it's only available as a preset.

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008

Brooks Cracktackle posted:

Far as I know, it's only available as a preset.

Nope!

quote:

Yes, the vehicles are completely customisable.

In addition, the parts shown here are not the entirety of the kits. Several of the parts have variants that can be used (various sunroof differences for the Nomad, different window configs for the Citadel) along with entirely new parts. As an aside, while we improved these vehicles (they needed to be updated before we added new kits) we also added non-plastic parts to the enforcer pioneer which we will send to anyone that has purchased a kit in the past. Also, It has been mentioned it in the vehicle thread but I’ll mention it here as well. The existing vehicle kits available on Armas are compatible with these vehicles. If you have bought any factional specific vehicle kit (for instance, Carrying Kit 1, the Stacer Kit, for your Espacio) and purchase the cross-factional vehicle (the Nomad), you will find you have the comparative kit (in this example the Colima kit) waiting in the Garage for you.

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

I now know that I made a mistake in deciding to have my main as a criminal. What causes me to feel this way? The fact that the Tactical pack is a lot cooler than the Paramilitary pack. I am sad now. Oh well, as least I could always buy the best Pioneer kit ever if I want! Even if you guys get the best Espacio kit ever! They were right when they were talking about how those totally change the cars.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Gasoline posted:

Nope!

Why do they keep calling the Pioneer a Nomad? It's a Nulander.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Cabbit posted:

Why do they keep calling the Pioneer a Nomad? It's a Nulander.

Its probably the name of the body kit.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
I think they're calling the Pioneer the Citadel and Espacio the Nomad, but either way I think it's not the body kits (it already says kit names) but that the cross faction vehicle has a new name. Criminal Pioneer and Enforcer Espacio have different names than Criminal Espacios and Enforcer Pioneers because they are altered to fit the new faction.

e; I'm wrong about the names as Espacio has Citadel license plates.

Edward_Lapine
Jan 21, 2011

I thought you were actually gay, I mean...
So did I, for a bit, but then I found out about the prohibitive standards of hygiene, and all that DANCING!
The new criminal outfits look very GET OUT OF HERE STALKER. :frog: Also jealous of the Pioneer criminals get. Looks more Hummer-like how I wish the Pioneer would look like instead of the bloated looking SUV that it already is.

I do hope that blue light bar is available for other cars. I love the bull bars on the enforcer Espacio too.

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Edward_Lapine posted:

The new criminal outfits look very GET OUT OF HERE STALKER. :frog: Also jealous of the Pioneer criminals get. Looks more Hummer-like how I wish the Pioneer would look like instead of the bloated looking SUV that it already is.

I do hope that blue light bar is available for other cars. I love the bull bars on the enforcer Espacio too.

I'm really looking forward to mixing the existing pioneer kit with this new one if I buy that thing on my crim. Which I probably will. Also, hard to notice, but the crim pioneer has a cute little spoiler, I think I like that.

But hey, the enf Espacio is loving boss. It gets fancy cop lights and like, an armoured windshield. Both kits look amazing.

Haukadalur Geezer
Jun 4, 2008

thats right
Other cars suck, cool bros drive the Vegas, like so:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuZRyUgJY7M

Haukadalur Geezer
Jun 4, 2008

thats right

Boogaleeboo posted:

To be fair, calling "Shooting someone with a giant loving rocket" a tactic is probably being generous.

You take that back! :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC-fmd5dC84

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Haukadalur Geezer posted:

Other cars suck, cool bros drive the Vegas, like so:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuZRyUgJY7M

:golfclap:

No, gently caress you, stop posting, APB is a lovely game and nobody is fanboying for it anymore. The only reason this thread exists is because we all still bother logging in to play it.

I actually really like APB. It's just that the good times are so good that they're worth cherishing and the bad times are so awful it's almost weaponised. Some days you'll have exceptional games and everything will click whereas some days it's the gaming equivalent of rubbing glass into your eyes.

Regarding 1.7: I loving love the Enforcer Espacio and I can't wait to drive it, it's so good. I've already got a fun and familiar design for it.

That said, the Criminal Pioneer variant makes me green with envy and I really, really hope Enforcers can get it somehow. Even through Armas, I don't care :colbert:

Floppy Dingo
Jan 11, 2012

I've made so much money from Goku's Pants

Songbearer posted:

:golfclap:

I actually really like APB. It's just that the good times are so good that they're worth cherishing and the bad times are so awful it's almost weaponised. Some days you'll have exceptional games and everything will click whereas some days it's the gaming equivalent of rubbing glass into your eyes.

Regarding 1.7: I loving love the Enforcer Espacio and I can't wait to drive it, it's so good. I've already got a fun and familiar design for it.

That said, the Criminal Pioneer variant makes me green with envy and I really, really hope Enforcers can get it somehow. Even through Armas, I don't care :colbert:

I have an odd feeling some of the pieces that are on that pioneer are going to be in the new "not plastic" pioneer kit they're giving us. We'll see, but I'd laugh forever if it was.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

:aaa:
I almost want to pick up the game when they implement that outfit kit just so I can get my hands on it. This is the thing I wanted in the game way back during the RTW days.
Don't care about the car kit. It's those drat clothes I want.

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Songbearer posted:

Suddenly not regretting that my main is a crim :smug:

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Meis posted:

Suddenly not regretting that my main is a crim :smug:

Really? That thing looks like a plastic toy and the paramilitary pack is a joke (except for the gas mask).

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Liberatore posted:

Really? That thing looks like a plastic toy

It looks ridiculous, and that's what I love about it. It's so balls to the walls silly looking that it's almost a different car and I can think of some designs that'd look really good on it. Embrace the retardedness.

On the bright side, if they're making all the bodykits available to the opposing side (Apart from the unique Enforcer/Crim variants), I can't wait to get my hands on the retarded huge spoiler for the Espacio. I've loved that silly wing ever since I first saw it.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
I think it looks like a Transformer in the best possible way.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Liberatore posted:

Really? That thing looks like a plastic toy and the paramilitary pack is a joke (except for the gas mask).

You shut the hell up, the balaclava is the only thing I've ever truly wanted in this game.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Which is the creepier and weirder guy, or which would irritate you more if they killed you?

Anime creep

or creepy murderer

Also my computer is going to be hacked by angry pubbies.

Log: [TsuSun] Whisper: hacking your pc :) hate cheats, time to gently caress you up

He then quit the game. The loving up has yet to arrive. I will keep you posted.

edit

Gamerofthegame posted:

I am actually thinking of the Vaquero, being that is is the lulquero and all, but it's small and can fix through things. However, does that actually handle worth a drat? And, more importantly, can I do the nitro-wheelie over obstacles? I imagine it'd do a flip and all.

Currently the vaquero is full retard jeep and you are more likely to explode before you get to the point. That may change with the patch on Wednesday but even if it becomes driveable its top speed is poo poo.

Goofballs fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Apr 17, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
The logical conclusion is the creepy anime murderer.

Murderer looks bland and something any ole pubbie would make.

Now, as aside, I'm getting into this game again, slowly. Problem is, though, I bought the Pioneer way back when and I hate it. It's not a bad car, but it's slow and hard to handle and a bit of a tank, where as I am actually good at driving in APB. (Or was.) I don't need to be a tank.

I am actually thinking of the Vaquero, being that is is the lulquero and all, but it's small and can fix through things. However, does that actually handle worth a drat? And, more importantly, can I do the nitro-wheelie over obstacles? I imagine it'd do a flip and all.

• Locked thread