Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

MassRayPer posted:

Accidents happen in wrestling and that wasn't the only thing that ended his career, working through the concussion and suffering multiple concussions in hardcore matches a week or two later made it impossible for him to ever wrestle again.

I don't think Bret realized anything was wrong with him till he suffered the other concussions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!
wrong thread

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!
wrong thread

Save Russian Jews
Jun 7, 2007

who the fuck is this guy anyway, i can't even see his face

Lipstick Apathy

Lone Rogue posted:

Concussions are impossible to put a number on. Two people can be hit in the same area at the same amount of force and have different brain damage from it.

the first sentence is wrong and the second irrelevant.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
Yeah, ask Sidney Crosby, they knew EXACTLY how long his concussion was going to keep him out...

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Save Russian Jews posted:

the first sentence is wrong and the second irrelevant.

Two concussions are never the same. This is why in hockey players seem ready and suddenly they are getting headaches again.

It's loving brain damage. It's not like a groin pull.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

Lone Rogue posted:

Two concussions are never the same. This is why in hockey players seem ready and suddenly they are getting headaches again.

I was disappointed when I learned that a groin pull and a tractor pull were two very different things.

battlemonk
Dec 10, 2008

Require More Fire posted:

So, Vin Gerard started following me on Twitter. I don't know why. All I tweeted was that Lockdown had a bad finish and I blamed Moose for breaking the forums last night. Maybe he hates TNA and SA?

I am also being followed. I think someone mentioned that he's doing a thing where he adds some number of randomly selected accounts to his follow list per day?

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Lone Rogue posted:

A concussion after a concussion is necessarily worse than a single concussion followed by rest. It's impossible to divine exactly what would have happened to Bret if he took time off after the superkick, but he would undoubtedly be better off had he rested.

This is more a response to your earlier post.

DMPunk
Jan 25, 2010

Not to be a dick, and being a guy I have no idea what she must be going thru, but its been like 6 months since she lost her baby. How much time do you need exactly?

battlemonk posted:

I am also being followed. I think someone mentioned that he's doing a thing where he adds some number of randomly selected accounts to his follow list per day?

He wanted to get up to 1000 follows in one day as an experiment. I think he just randomly chose people at will. I have no idea why. I tweet him somewhat regularly and he didn't follow me though. Boo.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

that vin gerard guy is following me but ive never tweeted at or about him, and in fact have never seen one of his matches

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

The Shaman of Cum posted:

that vin gerard guy is following me but ive never tweeted at or about him, and in fact have never seen one of his matches
He had a very, very good match against Fire Ant in 2008 for the Young Lion's Cup if you're interested in him at all.

Vin Gerard is scummy and hates everyone. He's following random fans, and finding them by looking up wrestling-related things on Twitter. He was like a skinny, dirtier Kevin Steen but now he's fat, so he's just American Kevin Steen.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Apr 17, 2012

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Flameingblack posted:

He had a very, very good match against Fire Ant in 2008 for the Young Lion's Cup if you're interested in him at all.

Vin Gerard is scummy and hates everyone. He's following random fans, and finding them by looking up wrestling-related things on Twitter. He was like a skinny, dirtier Kevin Steen but now he's fat, so he's just American Kevin Steen.

How dare you besmirch the name of Kevin Steen, good sir.

Gerard's gimmick is that of a scummy, unwashed malcontent who hates everyone, but he has only one-tenth the charisma that Steen does (if that), maybe a third of the talent (if that), and he weighs about a quarter of what Steen does.

It's not a very good comparison.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

He sounds lonely.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Jay 2K Winger posted:

How dare you besmirch the name of Kevin Steen, good sir.

Gerard's gimmick is that of a scummy, unwashed malcontent who hates everyone, but he has only one-tenth the charisma that Steen does (if that), maybe a third of the talent (if that), and he weighs about a quarter of what Steen does.

It's not a very good comparison.

To be fair, you could have a very successful WWE world title run with those qualifications.

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Vin Gerard's so scummy that people actually underrate his wrestling skill. That takes real talent.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Germ Incubator posted:

Paul Bearer loving owns.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

:lol: That's awesome. The :-/ face just completes it.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

MassRayPer posted:

He sounds lonely.

i think so too

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Paul Bearer loving owns.
One of the nicest people I've ever met ever in the entire history of my meeting famous people.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
lol, Vin Gerard is following me as well now.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

thesteelhellion posted:

One of the nicest people I've ever met ever in the entire history of my meeting famous people.

He is probably one of only a small handful of people I have never ever heard anyone speak negatively of. It's like him, Terry Funk and Bobby Eaton.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

whatsabattle posted:

He is probably one of only a small handful of people I have never ever heard anyone speak negatively of. It's like him, Terry Funk and Bobby Eaton.

Literally the only 'negative' I've ever heard about him has been 'it's super weird to hear his normal voice at first when you grew up hearing 'OOOOOOOOOH YEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!''

That's the very worst thing I ever have heard about meeting him, so I guess the dude rules hard.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Paul Bearer loving owns.

Hell yeah he does, after all he was in the USAF. :patriot: He even began wrestling during his off-duty time.

I also think it's cool that he's always kept his funeral services certifications current, just in case he ever needed to use them again. :c00lbert:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
If I was friends with Undertaker I'd always be ready to bury his crazy old rear end too.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
And now Vin Gerard follows me too.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755
We are all Vin Gerard

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Alright, which one of you goons is Vin Gerard?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Alright, which one of you goons is Vin Gerard?

If it wasn't obvious from my opinion of CHIKARA, I am Vin Gerard.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
This is the second time he followed me, which means he unfollowed me the first time! Jerk. :mad:

DMPunk
Jan 25, 2010

Not to be a dick, and being a guy I have no idea what she must be going thru, but its been like 6 months since she lost her baby. How much time do you need exactly?

MrBling posted:

lol, Vin Gerard is following me as well now.

He just started following me today too. Kinda weird how he followed me shortly after I posted about it. Is he a goon?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

DMPunk posted:

He just started following me today too. Kinda weird how he followed me shortly after I posted about it. Is he a goon?

two posts up mate. do people even read threads anymore?

DMPunk
Jan 25, 2010

two posts up mate. do people even read threads anymore?

I am not so good with the reading and the writing, son.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

CM Punk posted:

I'm in Rome. For my job. Where I kick people in the face. How silly. Suck it Kevin Whitman, store manager of target in Orland Park!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

smashpro1 posted:

Are you sure he does not mean Shane Douglas?

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Germ Incubator posted:

Paul Bearer's Twitter handle being wweURNiverse makes me happy beyond words.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

CM Punk posted:

Holy crap, so the douche who's playing Larry in the stooges movie says he was embarrassed to be on raw? But he's in the stooges movie?!!??

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Dean Ambrose has taken time out of his busy schedule of insulting Mick Foley's kids to take the fight to a home invader.

Dean Ambrose posted:

This thing is now loose in my apt. It survived my initial ambush and is on the move. The hunt begins..

This drat spider is a ghost. It's vanished into thin air, but i feel like it's watching me.

I'm gonna turn off the lights to lure it out, leave for a few hours and try to sneak up on it with a flashlight when i return

Hes back!!!!

We have sequestered him in the window w duct tape n garbage bags no fn escape now u rear end in a top hat

Dear god its angry and wants back in. We got windex a boot hairspray n a lighter and a fire xtinguisher. Drawing it out

Hell ya!!!!

Heres his other half. The son of vader delivered the final blow. Its been an intense evening

The mental image of Dean Ambrose and Big Van Vader's son fighting a spider is somehow comforting that everything is going to be all right in wrestling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigDanRTW
Aug 24, 2003

The Chicago Cubs posted:

@CMPunk Our fans have spoken. Would you like to sing the 7th inning stretch at Wrigley Field May 8 vs. the #Braves?