Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
This is beautiful and horrifying at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Just how many loving legs is this thing going to have?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Ok the initial shock has passed, I'm thinking a sprite with two heads or a Two-Face deal. No weird feature mixing.

Roger Explosion posted:

Just how many loving legs is this thing going to have?
Sprites don't have legs numbnuts they're ghosts

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011
How the hell does this comic get crazier? How does it keep pulling this stuff out constantly?

King of Solomon posted:

How the hell did someone predict this? :stare:

I agree! How? How?

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Now isn't this just... fantastic... :gonk:

(I do like that Hussie had the cheek to do this with an actual fridge.)

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Whitenoise Poster posted:

The more I think about this the more I keep having to suppressed my laughter. I need the next few updates NOW! Vritavsprite guys. It is a thing that has happened/is happening.

The only missing piece is Imps missing an eye, an arm, legs, and having a combination of both directions of self-delusion. Vrisvros Imps would be hilarious is what I am trying to get across.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

This is the funniest thing this comic has done in a while, hooooly poo poo. Can't wait to see where this goes.

Gamzee continues to be the most important character in Homestuck by pulling nonsense like this I'm sure.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

King of Solomon posted:

So anyways, ignoring how insane it is that someone predicted this, I'm not sure I like this development.

I like Vriska and wanted her to come back, but I was glad Tavros was gone (I realize that there are probably a large number of people who felt the opposite.)

From a character point, this is actually gonna be really loving sweet with how their personalities combine. Tavros is probably the one person that Vriska really really REALLY needed to understand to finally get some loving perspective and not be a psychopath.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
I'm pretty sure Vriska/Tavrossprite will be whispering "kill me" between every sentence or so.

SexyBrianPuppet
Oct 5, 2010

remember, you are talking to the pranking MASTER.

closeted republican posted:

I'm pretty sure Vriska/Tavrossprite will be whispering "kill me" between every sentence or so.

And all of those sentences will be it shouting "KILL ME" instead.

Siemens
Apr 13, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I wonder if it will be a hermaphrosprite.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

JT Jag posted:

Sprites don't have legs numbnuts they're ghosts
No one said the legs had to come out of the bottom of the ghost-torso. :v:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The imps will be horrifying.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

A big flaming stink posted:

From a character point, this is actually gonna be really loving sweet with how their personalities combine. Tavros is probably the one person that Vriska really really REALLY needed to understand to finally get some loving perspective and not be a psychopath.

Not really. She was already getting that perspective as she monologued to John. The problem is she got herself into a weird position where she felt she had to kill Bec Noir and wouldn't listen to reason, so we didn't get the full effect. I guess we might get it here, but that also involves Tavros coming back and, as I mentioned before- and I realize this is wholly subjective- I really was glad he was gone.

SynthOrange posted:

It won't affect the imps.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Hang on, isn't this going to whisk Vriska and Tavros away from the dream bubble afterlife? As in, no more hanging out with Beta Dave and Beta John?

SynthOrange posted:

Oh my loving God.

Edit

King of Solomon posted:

Oh yeah. Thank loving God.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

SexyBrianPuppet posted:

And all of those sentences will be it shouting "KILL ME" instead.

When Karkat arrives into the B2 session, I can easily imagine him dragging VriskaTavrosSprite to a secluded corner and putting it out of it's misery, Old Yeller style.

Dick Bitchwhistle
Oct 28, 2007

by Lowtax
Prototypings made inside the medium won't affect the enemies :ssh:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

SynthOrange posted:

This is post-entry prototyping.

Psycho Lawnmower
Apr 1, 2011

For the cow-borrowing glory and infinite wisdom of Elmal! Cheese for everyone!

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

Now isn't this just... fantastic... :gonk:

(I do like that Hussie had the cheek to do this with an actual fridge.)

Yes, that was actually quite good, I have to give him credit for realizing that and using the fridge.

I completely forgot about Sprite Revival. And luckily, there will be no empowered Imps with Luck powers and communal abilities because this happened after she entered the Medium already.

However, Gamzee is still a murderer that killed his other friends. He never needed to kill, and that will still haunt my perception of him.

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
I love how every update for the past few days has just resulted in cries of "Gamzee, what are you doing!".

Siemens
Apr 13, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

piemanmoo posted:

Prototypings made inside the medium won't affect the enemies :ssh:

They will however, effect me.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

I'm imagining the other pairs of dead trolls and how they will match up.
Gamzee also has:
Equius & Nepeta
Feferi & Eridan
Sollux
They seem to pair easily into previous romance pairings.
So, does he have Aradia's body from back when Vriska killed her? Mayhaps this is how he got a hold of the music boxes?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

zolthorg posted:

Gamzee also has:
Equius & Nepeta
Feferi & Eridan
Sollux
So, does he have Aradia's body from back when Vriska killed her? Mayhaps this is how he got a hold of the music boxes?

Vriska killed Aradia long before they entered the game.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Yeah, I don't think he'll have any pre-meteor corpses.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

King of Solomon posted:

I dont know if I'm feeling relief or disappointment.

Siemens
Apr 13, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

zolthorg posted:

Gamzee also has:
Equius & Nepeta
Feferi & Eridan
Sollux

Obviously he'll somehow get Jake's dream-corpse to make things even.

vvv Eridan + Jake dream corpse-sprite. It'd be like, matter and anti-matter or something

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Apr 18, 2012

Idunn
Apr 30, 2011

That's it?
I really hope we get a Sollux/Feferi sprite over a Feferi/Eridan sprite, if only so Eridan is still alone, even in death.

Eridansprite would be perfect with basically everyone too, but especially Jake. He'd be so jealous of him and it'd be loving beautiful.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

zolthorg posted:

Gamzee also has:
Equius & Nepeta
Feferi & Eridan
Sollux

I'm gonna guess that Roxy and Jake also get horrible troll fusions but Dirk manages to prototype his sprite with AR before Gamzee can gently caress with it.

I'm honestly 100% horrified of whatever is going to happen right now.

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!

zolthorg posted:

Gamzee also has:
Equius & Nepeta
Feferi & Eridan
Sollux

No body, but they probably have a few Aradiabot parts lying around somewhere...

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”

Siemens posted:

I love how this is both the best and worst thing simultaneously.

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
I remember someone a while back asking the question "If two sentient beings get prototyped, which one takes control?", well looks like that is about to be answered.

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Arcane Velocity was like.
WELL NOW. That was an interesting thing to have happen holy poo poo. What's next, Feferidansprite?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Poor Tavros is going to be yoinked out of the afterlife and lose his sick fires. :(

On the flip side, sorry Hussie, no Vriska for you.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

:sbahj:

King of Solomon posted:

So anyways, ignoring how insane it is that someone predicted this, I'm not sure I like this development.

I like Vriska and wanted her to come back, but I was glad Tavros was gone (I realize that there are probably a large number of people who felt the opposite.)

Half of HS fans definitely felt the opposite, given all the terrible opinions I've seen on the subject. (Most of them summed up as "Poor sweet baby Tavros, being killed by that evil one-dimensional bitch!!!" and general rampant misogyny.)

Anyway, I'm split on this so far. On one hand, I have to applaud the horrified flailing reaction Hussie has inspired in us all. On the other hand.. This feels like shackling Vriska to the realm of joke character after she already had a poignant(if all too brief) character arc.

But it's still too early to say for sure how this is actually going to play out.

Siemens
Apr 13, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Has anyone mentioned that Tavriskasprite will have Skrillex hair yet?

murder all posters
Aug 19, 2008

by angerbot
What's Vriska/Tavrossprite going to mean for John?

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Nab him, jab him, tab him, grab him - stop that pigeon NOW!

MrBims posted:

Vriska+Tavros sprite. A fate worse than death for all involved - which just so happens to make it possible, and something I'm gonna tell Vriska-lovers is gonna happen.

But no, I don't think we're gonna see the corpses go in all four sprites. Just because it would preclude the existence of Brosprite. Gamzee stealing the music boxes and corpses and running around time to muck things up for everyone* certainly opens any number of possibilities, but Brosprite is gonna happen.

*Or maybe he would think he is doing a good thing? Bringing people back so everyone stops hating him.

You glorious bastard.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Wrap it up, Vriskafailures. :smug:

Well, that certainly was a thing. I've been talking about Homestuck in too many places, so I don't remember if this quote has come up yet:
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004196

quote:

CG: WHICH IS WHY [Vriska's] BRAIN IS BROKEN, KIND OF LIKE TAVROS'S BUT ON THE OPPOSITE HEMISPHERE I GUESS.

So, will a Vriska-Tavros hybrid be:
a) A synergy that makes an almost-human personality
b) Such a conflict that the poor sprite is driven insane almost immediately
c) Vriska's personality is so dominant that Tavros only shows up occasionally, sorta like how Jade replaced Dream Jade, perhaps betrayed only by typing quirk.

Three quick points:
- Perhaps this explains why Terezi never managed to run into Vriska in a dreambubble on her asteroid ride: Vriska's afterlife experience was extremely short.
- Seriously, though, I want to know what Vriska found out in the afterlife talking to Beta-John and exploring Tavros's land.
- I'm going to speculate that three of the sprites get used for Trolls, lulling us into a false sense of security so we're all surprised when the last one is used for Jake or Bro or something and ends up creating Lord English.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Just when I think I couldn't be suprised by this loving comic :stonk: