Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yinzer
Mar 24, 2008

Don't be fooled into replying, I am either a lesson in Poe's Law or incredibly fucking stupid, or both. Also I can't read charts and graphs and think image macros about Paul Ryan's genius are fun and exciting! Run me over with Biden's Trans-Am!
That awful throwback jersey will be mine!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

To be fair, these throwbacks are essentially identical to their 1934 jerseys.

Is good taste something they couldn't afford during the depression?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

I don't think jersey designs from that period really translate well into modern materials. I'm guessing from the design that the original jersey probably looked much closer to a rugby shirt. I'm a Steelers fan living in Pittsburgh, and I've only talked to one person who didn't think they were hideous so I can't imagine it will be a hot seller.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

I guess the numbers were big patches that could be swapped on, which makes a bit more sense.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

smackfu posted:

I guess the numbers were big patches that could be swapped on, which makes a bit more sense.

Yeah that looks like a "class photo" from the state pen.

Iron Clad Lou
Feb 12, 2008

Speaking of alternates, it looks like Seattle might be getting some neon pants after all:

Iron Clad Lou fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Apr 20, 2012

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry

Iron Clad Lou posted:

Speaking of alternates, it looks like Seattle might be getting some neon pants after all:

I hope they glow in the dark so they look like tron when they play in Candlestick.

e: Or the black eyed peas superbowl show

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

TheModernAmerican posted:

e: Or the black eyed peas superbowl show

Tron: The lovely Musical

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Why would you combine a polo with a football jersey? Why?

I don't think the Steelers understand that throwbacks are supposed to look at least not like vomit or something my 2 year old cousin thought up while staring at bees.

Also Denver needs a new logo they literally have a history of ugly logos and uniforms. They have never had a good one and watching Peyton Manning wear an unattractive jersey ruins my immersion.

R.A. Dickey
Feb 20, 2005

Knuckleballer.
You guys are getting awfully upset that the Steelers decided to use a historically accurate throwback jersey.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

R.A. Dickey posted:

You guys are getting awfully upset that the Steelers decided to use a historically accurate throwback jersey.

"Yes but ITS UGLY AS SIN!!!!"

Who gives a poo poo though? It'll be funny to watch because you just know they are going to wear them on a nationally televised game.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
There's a difference between "They shouldn't wear them" and "Holy poo poo those are ugly"

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
If I had to guess the Steelers will wear those throwbacks against the Redskins in October. The Redskins are having their 80th anniversary too, right?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
It's like the emporer's clothes. Those uniforms would be beautiful on a team like the Texans or the Panthers who are actually likable.

Not really

Almo
Jan 1, 2007

by angerbot
I like the Steelers a little bit more because of these crazy rear end throwbacks

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Almo posted:

I like the Steelers a little bit more because of these crazy rear end throwbacks

Only because it makes the Packers look less poo poo, right?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Chichevache posted:

Don't say that too loudly, there are people who actually think they don't look like total dogshit

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Declan MacManus posted:

Don't say that too loudly, there are people who actually think they don't look like total dogshit

Well not total dog poo poo, only the jersey is a blue color.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Say fans of the Seahawks and Dolphins for gently caress's Sake.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Rap posted:

Say fans of the Seahawks and Dolphins for gently caress's Sake.

Say what you will about teal and orange, at least it's an ethos it isn't combining blue, brown, and yellow

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Pack jerseys were awesome and the brown was only there to simulate leather helmets. and they were awesome too

Iron Clad Lou
Feb 12, 2008

Toussaint Louverture posted:

It's like the emporer's clothes. Those uniforms would be beautiful on a team like the Texans or the Panthers who are actually likable.

Not really
Real talk those throwbacks would look killer on either Green Bay or Chicago.

defiantgiant
Oct 17, 2004

YOU ARE RIDICULOUS now please stop running backward all the time kthx
Speaking of Chicago and throwbacks, apparently the Bears will be ditching their orange alternates and going with the 1940s throwbacks from last season as their alternate uniform.

This is the awesomest thing. And I'm not just saying that because I bought one of the throwbacks last season. I mean, we're replacing these ugly bastards:

With THESE:

...god, this offseason just keeps getting better. I'm going to go ahead and assume that Phil Emery was somehow responsible.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

It looks like the throwbacks you will be using will have the correct number of stripes on the sleeves, too.

Almo
Jan 1, 2007

by angerbot

Chichevache posted:

wanna fight :mad:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Almo posted:

Bring it leatherhead

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?

defiantgiant posted:

Speaking of Chicago and throwbacks, apparently the Bears will be ditching their orange alternates and going with the 1940s throwbacks from last season as their alternate uniform.

This is the awesomest thing. And I'm not just saying that because I bought one of the throwbacks last season. I mean, we're replacing these ugly bastards:

With THESE:

...god, this offseason just keeps getting better. I'm going to go ahead and assume that Phil Emery was somehow responsible.

I actually didn't think the orange jerseys were that bad. As alternates, they were tolerable for me. But those throwbacks are just badass.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.
The Bears alternate orange are just their Chicago Broncos unis.

I love their throwbacks, I'm glad those are staying.

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Almo posted:

Really surprised you didn't whip this out:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

RIP Chicago Traffic Cones, I'll always have my orange Orton jersey to treasure.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Things I want from the Giants Uniform:

1) Returning to the GIANTS on the helmets.

2) A throwback with the old school "Giant out of the stadium logo", replacing the Giant with Manningface

3) Replace the loving red uniforms with something less ugly holy poo poo.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...zHVQWzZIij.uLYF

Well Harrison doesn't like them, but then again James Harrison hates a lot of things.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 5 days!)

achillesforever6 posted:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...zHVQWzZIij.uLYF

Well Harrison doesn't like them, but then again James Harrison hates a lot of things.

Suddenly everyone thinks they're cool.

According to ColorWerx the Falconi's dropped the black pants. No more monochrome thank the lord.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
You know I rather have the Steelers wear the Dark Knight Rises jerseys, just for the hell of it.

Almo
Jan 1, 2007

by angerbot

Badonkadonk Suh posted:

Really surprised you didn't whip this out:

Don't have it on this computer. I do now, thanks :cool:

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

achillesforever6 posted:

You know I rather have the Steelers wear the Dark Knight Rises jerseys, just for the hell of it.

I would kill to have them play 1 game in the gotham knights jerseys.

osu
May 30, 2011
Whatever guys, Cleveland wears ugly throwback jerseys every week and they sell a ton of them.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

Retromancer posted:

I would kill to have them play 1 game in the gotham knights jerseys.

Um they are the Gotham Rogues NERD

also if they sold those jerseys I would buy them all

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

Um they are the Gotham Rogues NERD

Yeah get your fictional football teams straight :spergin:

Now, where is my Miami Sharks jersey?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

wandler20 posted:

whatjersey.com is already selling Nike knock-offs. I saw a Peyton Manning one there.

I'd stay away from the knock-offs this year, the real ones are being put together in Central America so I've got a feeling they're just going to take the leftover Reebok jersey materials and slap a swoosh on them.

• Locked thread