Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

law abiding rapist posted:

that's my governor!!

this is also a great commentary. it's the entire thing but it's completely worth watching if you are a star trek nerd, just frakes and sirtis shooting the poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY6t3mo3Goc

i'm going to spend the rest of my night watching christ-like data

look at all the futurific CRTs :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
a bad snip

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

JustFrakkingDoIt posted:

a bad snip

and on this of all pages

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

this is also a great commentary. it's the entire thing but it's completely worth watching if you are a star trek nerd, just frakes and sirtis shooting the poo poo

I may seriously buy the blu-ray of this movie just for the commentary.

toby
Dec 4, 2002

I enjoy sci-fi. Page 219 sci-fi affirmation post.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

that's my governor!!

Troi's character would have been 1000% better if it was just Marina Sirtis acting like this.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

wait why can't we have a riker / troi spinoff sitcom? poo poo would rule.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

lord funk posted:

with Barkley as their wacky neighbor that pops in at random times. That would loving rule.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

on season 10 of sg1 and i don't get what all the whining about the ori arc was about

its different but still good

coaxmetal
Oct 21, 2010

I flamed me own dad
malazan check in: book 9 got better toward the end, the final book, the tenth one, is starting off pretty strong, high hopes here.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

lord funk posted:

Troi's character would have been 1000% better if it was just Marina Sirtis acting like this.

her voice sounds really different on this video, did anyone else notice that too? does she do a 'troi voice' on the show?

unleash the unicorn
Dec 23, 2004

If this boat were sinking, I'd give my life to save you. Only because I like you, for reasons and standards of my own. But I couldn't and wouldn't live for you.

maniacdevnull posted:

her voice sounds really different on this video, did anyone else notice that too? does she do a 'troi voice' on the show?

yeah the red letter guy keeps complaining that she forgot about her Troi accent in the last movie or something

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

toby posted:

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

lord funk posted:

lord funk posted:

golgo13sf posted:

with Barkley as their wacky neighbor that pops in at random times. That would loving rule.

i'm just going to assume this has already happened in a parallel universe because it will never happen in ours.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

lwaxana lives across the street, everybody loves riker

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

toby posted:

coaxmetal
Oct 21, 2010

I flamed me own dad

maniacdevnull posted:

everybody loves riker

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008
The commentary is the first time I've seen the movie in about 13 years.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

maniacdevnull posted:

lwaxana lives across the street, everybody loves riker
nah, 'Married (with Space Children)'

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

LP97S posted:

The commentary is the first time I've seen the movie in about 13 years.

then you're in the same boat as sirtis. she didn't remember a drat thing about the movie while frakes seemed to know the name of every single dude who worked on it.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

then you're in the same boat as sirtis. she didn't remember a drat thing about the movie while frakes seemed to know the name of every single dude who worked on it.

didn't he direct it? makes sense he'd have been more in the know about it

plus i'm pretty sure he's still directing so he probably is still in touch with production dudes

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

sirtis also flew to europe for half the production to watch the 1998 world cup

unleash the unicorn
Dec 23, 2004

If this boat were sinking, I'd give my life to save you. Only because I like you, for reasons and standards of my own. But I couldn't and wouldn't live for you.
why would you know this

In other news, despite quitting "Terminal World" early, I started and just finished "Blue Remembered Earth", the first part of a new series by Alastair Reynolds and it was really good.

Unfortunately he's doing some stupid Dr. Who poo poo next. Can somebody please kill that poo poo off already? It's a really annoying franchise in that mostpeople think it's absolute poo poo yet a vocal minority keeps terrorizing the rest of society with it.

unleash the unicorn fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Apr 24, 2012

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

unleash the unicorn posted:

why would you know this

she talks about it at one point???

unleash the unicorn
Dec 23, 2004

Oh

didn't watch it

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

In other news, despite quitting "Terminal World" early, I started and just finished "Blue Remembered Earth", the first part of a new series by Alastair Reynolds and it was really good.

Unfortunately he's doing some stupid Dr. Who poo poo next. Can somebody please kill that poo poo off already? It's a really annoying franchise in that mostpeople think it's absolute poo poo yet a vocal minority keeps terrorizing the rest of society with it.

This is why I'm never going to start an unfinished series again.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

any series with really vocal fans is like that and it's really annoying since they never shut up and scream over slight criticism

most recent examples: doctor who, sherlock, supernatural

they have rabid fanbases who never shut up about their dumb fan fiction and need to spam their crossovers everywhere

ps doctor who owns as a cheesy scifi fuk da haters (but it's not some grand space opera people seem to think it is)

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

typed that post while on the toilet just like most recent posts in this thread

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

i think ive seen more inspector spacetime than dr who (dr whom more like)

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008
Sherlock is good but I will never read anything more about it than wikipedia because of the internet.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Mind Spew posted:

any series with really vocal fans is like that and it's really annoying since they never shut up and scream over slight criticism

most recent examples: doctor who, sherlock, supernatural

they have rabid fanbases who never shut up about their dumb fan fiction and need to spam their crossovers everywhere

ps doctor who owns as a cheesy scifi fuk da haters (but it's not some grand space opera people seem to think it is)

a lot of the problem comes from the fact that fandoms are not subcultures, even though subcultures can grow out of fandoms.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I've actually warmed to Doctor Who but only after nobody tried to get me to watch it for like 3 years and it just came on TV

the kinds of fans who seek "converts" are factually the worst

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

qirex posted:

I've actually warmed to Doctor Who but only after nobody tried to get me to watch it for like 3 years and it just came on TV

the kinds of fans who seek "converts" are factually the worst

What would you consider a "converter", because I asked my friends if they saw The Wire and I said that they should.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

LP97S posted:

What would you consider a "converter", because I asked my friends if they saw The Wire and I said that they should.

this is a totally acceptable show to tell people about

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

LP97S posted:

how many times have you told them to watch the wire? If it's over a certain amount then you're one of them

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

qirex posted:

how many times have you told them to watch the wire? If it's over a certain amount then you're one of them

Like once or twice over the course of a year.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

lord funk posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI8ezrK6Qjs

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

holy poo poo loooooooooooooool

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

yeah i would totally watch this

MY ZIMBABWE

Hugh G. Rectum fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Apr 24, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Deuterieux posted:

a lot of the problem comes from the fact that fandoms are not subcultures, even though subcultures can grow out of fandoms.

all fandoms are terrible and make me angry at the internet

as is all fanfiction

• Locked thread