Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...

TetsuoTW posted:

People know what a gringo is. We've seen far more than enough American movies and TV to know what a gringo is.

Which reminds me, did Captain America suffer at all in the foreign market like people kept saying it probably would?

http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/2011/CAPAM.php

That place says it made just over $190m outside of the US. So 70m under Thor, 70m above The Incredible Hulk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?
I really hate these Friday The 13th covers.

I don't get why they keep changing the design, the cover arts for the VHS tapes where great. These look lazy and cheap.

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

Slasherfan posted:

Photoshopped blood like this always looks rubbish. It can't be that hard to take a picture of an actual white table on a white backdrop with fake blood on it to make sure the perspective (at the very least) looks believable. All the stock photos of blood that film posters and the like use for this just look dumb.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!
They remind me of the covers for the Dexter DVDs .

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

LARGE THE HEAD posted:

In 1985, Jorge Orta hit a slow roller toward first base and ran for his life.
They said it was safe...
It wasn't.

...okay, I'll stop now.

Is this a reference to the 1985 World Series between the Royals and the Cardinals?

I hope so, as a KC native. :)

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Vagabundo posted:

Wasn't there some multi-part Tiny Toons episode with this same name?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

couldcareless posted:

Wasn't there some multi-part Tiny Toons episode with this same name?
Yeah, I watched that as a kid, it was a movie-length episode that they released on VHS

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yeah, I watched that as a kid, it was a movie-length episode that they released on VHS

It's still funny as hell too.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Atasi posted:

It's still funny as hell too.

I loved that thing as a kid, from the Stairway to Heaven, to the Bullet Train to Heck.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

Was this the one where Plucky and Hamton act out National Lampoon's Vacation? They get all the way to Disney World just to ride the Monorail and go home. :roflolmao:

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Slasherfan posted:

I don't get why they keep changing the design, the cover arts for the VHS tapes where great. These look lazy and cheap.

I want the Jason X cover to have a sleeping bag in the blood.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
I remember loving that movie as a kid. The only parts that stick out for me now though is the holding the breath in the tunnel and I am pretty sure there was something about a crazy psycho hitchhiker.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Cartoon Man posted:

Was this the one where Plucky and Hamton act out National Lampoon's Vacation? They get all the way to Disney World just to ride the Monorail and go home. :roflolmao:
Yes that was the one.

LARGE THE HEAD
Sep 1, 2009

"Competitive greatness is when you play your best against the best."

"Learn as if you were to live forever; live as if you were to die tomorrow."

--John Wooden

kiimo posted:

Is this a reference to the 1985 World Series between the Royals and the Cardinals?

I hope so, as a KC native. :)

But of course. :) It just fit so well with the theme.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Was browsing the new release DVDs and Blu-rays at an online store and ran into this... gem.

It's got giant, ruggedly airbrushed Sean Bean looking intense at something but not pointing his gun at it and a bunch of guys running in unison from a series of explosions.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

For some reason my brain isn't identifying him as being in the foreground, so I'm seeing like, DK Mode from Goldeneye taken to extremes.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Wasn't there a thread about Danny Dyer films? It's probably been archived, but IIRC, according to that thread his presence was pretty much a sure sign that the movie was going to blow.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

My understanding is that Danny Dyer is a twat who churns out lovely movies to appeal to people who think the Fast & Furious movies are too intellectual.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!

TetsuoTW posted:

My understanding is that Danny Dyer is a twat who churns out lovely movies to appeal to people who think the Fast & Furious movies are too intellectual.

Also he suggested that a man who got dumped should cut his girlfriend's face "so no-one would want her". Well, perhaps it was a ghostwriter, but still.

Jasta
Apr 13, 2012

Is Danny Dyer more of a British actor? I am Canadian and have never heard of him, but that could just as likely be because his films look like poo poo so I have never watched them.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?
I love this Danny Dyer poster

"GGGrrrr look at me I'm tough!"

Slasherfan fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Apr 25, 2012

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!
The nightmare has "only just begun?" Really?

That tagline is so inept I don't even know what to say.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Danny "Down-y" Dyer

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

He looks like a Coronation Street villain.

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

It is a while still till Sunrise - and in the daytime I sleep, my dear fellow, I sleep the very deepest of sleeps...
Awroight, ah'm Danny Doyah, mate!

This is the highlight of Dyer's career:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsA7JHf31II&hd=1

Sadly they cut it just before his narration says "Moe's just 'it me really 'ard and it 'urt."

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Jasta posted:

Is Danny Dyer more of a British actor? I am Canadian and have never heard of him, but that could just as likely be because his films look like poo poo so I have never watched them.
To call him an actor is giving him undue credit. You know The Rock, right? Imagine the exact opposite of him.

SUPERFINE CONCUBINE
Jun 28, 2008

☆ catgroove ☆

Vagabundo posted:

Was browsing the new release DVDs and Blu-rays at an online store and ran into this... gem.

The first impression I had while scrolling was a combination of the word "THRUST" and Sean Bean's surprised face.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
This is probably the only good movie I've seen starring Danny Dyer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVwBVm7yVE4

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Slasherfan posted:

What are you doing in a movie with Danny Dyer, Darling?
______________________/

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003

TetsuoTW posted:

What are you doing in a movie with Danny Dyer, Darling?
______________________/

I didn't know who Danny Dyer was when Severance came out.

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

Slasherfan posted:

I love this Danny Dyer poster

"GGGrrrr look at me I'm tough!"

Is he holding a spoon? Or is it a potato peeler?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Slasherfan posted:

That's because it's about the only good movie with Danny Dyer anywhere on the cast list, apart from Human Traffic, The Football Factory and Adulthood. He appears in God knows how many instantly forgettable DTV movies every year - mostly knocking off early Guy Ritchie - and they're all poo poo.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
Danny Dyer hates critics. Selections from the commentary track of Outlaw.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5h9ZPBuBEs

Jasta
Apr 13, 2012

TetsuoTW posted:

To call him an actor is giving him undue credit. You know The Rock, right? Imagine the exact opposite of him.

Ah, it's all starting to make sense now.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Slasherfan posted:

Is there any reason as to why there is a puppy dog in the reflection of the blood in this poster?

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

QuoProQuid posted:

Is there any reason as to why there is a puppy dog in the reflection of the blood in this poster?

It's Jason's sack mack. It does look a lot like a dog in that picture though. Way to go DVD Cover designers.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

QuoProQuid posted:

Haha, I didn't notice it before but it does look exactly like a golden retriever.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

What the gently caress are those FT13 covers even for? Are they releasing yet another box set or something? They don't even mesh with the designs of the current blu rays, so I'm guessing they're not finally getting off their asses and releasing the rest of the series on that format yet.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003

TheJoker138 posted:

What the gently caress are those FT13 covers even for? Are they releasing yet another box set or something? They don't even mesh with the designs of the current blu rays, so I'm guessing they're not finally getting off their asses and releasing the rest of the series on that format yet.

These are the UK releases of the movie, we have yet to get the special editions of the movies. They even released the From Crystal Lake To Manhatten box set over here and took all the features off.
I put off buying the recent Delux editions hoping they'll release them all on Blu Ray with even more features.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Slasherfan posted:

These are the UK releases of the movie, we have yet to get the special editions of the movies. They even released the From Crystal Lake To Manhatten box set over here and took all the features off.
I put off buying the recent Delux editions hoping they'll release them all on Blu Ray with even more features.

Even over here in the states we've only gotten 1-3 on blu ray, and that was back when the remake was coming out to theaters. Since the remake was released, we've gotten 2 additional box sets on DVD too. I've given up hope on them every being released on blu ray. Or at least good releases, if they do come out they'll end up like Nightmare 2 and 3 where they're shoved together onto one disc with no special features at all, I bet.