Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LiquidRain
May 21, 2007

Watch the madness!

00Fresh posted:

Here's a few clips from last night.

Me pulling as rear end in a top hat move on Rainwave.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbv47OWolZc
That's not an rear end in a top hat move you did to me! I thought it was cool. :) Dirty lap, but cool.

quote:

The Top Gear test track incident
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdhbklNGmQM
That is an rear end in a top hat move you did to me. ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

LiquidRain posted:

That's not an rear end in a top hat move you did to me! I thought it was cool. :) Dirty lap, but cool.

That is an rear end in a top hat move you did to me. ;)

Reminds me if the Valentino Rossi/Max Biaggi elbow incident.

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

00Fresh posted:

Everyone trying to be first
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1UAUHsNq5I

Don't suppose you've got the out of car replay of this, it looks quite impressive

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

ForbiddenWonder posted:

this is what I want:

My old track bike hauler was a Caravan. 2.2L with manual trans and everything gutted except the driver's seat.

I wholeheartedly approve of adding one to the game. Especially if they could figure out how to make the fake side paneling peel and flap in the wind.

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Of course, that can backfire... some men like their bitches crazy.
Hooooly poo poo, I just "beat" Forza4. At level 69 (heh) too. I went through the uninspiring credits and thought "wonder whats next in world tour?" only for it to put me back to the start of it.

gently caress yeah, I get to race cars I like again! Though to be fair, my last 2 races were in C-class using that massive caddy, it weighs ober 5 tonnes. Thats incredible and yet it doesn't even feel too big to drive! I can't wait to take it online and see if any pubbies try to push me off in this thing.

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

Captain Hair posted:

I can't wait to take it online and see if any pubbies try to push me off in this thing.

The best part would be pubbies who didn't get the DLC, and only see the Black Jetta of Placeholding that comes up.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

Captain Hair posted:

Hooooly poo poo, I just "beat" Forza4. At level 69 (heh) too. I went through the uninspiring credits and thought "wonder whats next in world tour?" only for it to put me back to the start of it.

gently caress yeah, I get to race cars I like again! Though to be fair, my last 2 races were in C-class using that massive caddy, it weighs ober 5 tonnes. Thats incredible and yet it doesn't even feel too big to drive! I can't wait to take it online and see if any pubbies try to push me off in this thing.

Might want to take a gander at the Event List. :)

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

Captain Hair posted:

Take it into X Class Demolition Derby (aka quick match) and you'll get rammed into at least three times before you finish your first lap, no matter what you drive.

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.

Captain Hair posted:

the uninspiring credits

How many times did you let it go before you realized it was looping?

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?
Some shots from yesterday and today:

We also initiated a new member to the lucky few who get destroyed by goons:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4HB7oUI3jI

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!

Ringo R posted:

Nice racing with you guys. Unfortunately had to go check some auctions and couldn't rejoin due to "network error" or whatever. I've got another day of free Live Gold left. Maybe should buy the 3 month pack...

Hey dude, if you ever want to join AUGR, lemme know. You're a decent driver.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

I loving love this game.

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro

T1g4h posted:

I loving love this game.

hahahahhahah I love it!

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Flint Ironstag posted:

My old track bike hauler was a Caravan. 2.2L with manual trans and everything gutted except the driver's seat.

I wholeheartedly approve of adding one to the game. Especially if they could figure out how to make the fake side paneling peel and flap in the wind.

Needs to be the turbo version. There's at least two or three out there in the world that have the engine worked on to be a total sleeper. And one with a Chevy Small Block.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

CaseFace McGee posted:

Some shots from yesterday and today:

We also initiated a new member to the lucky few who get destroyed by goons:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4HB7oUI3jI

Ahahaha thats my omni, I dont always drive it with a corner marker stuck to the front tho. Also I was that Ford GT in the vid, that pinto just glitched out right infront of me like that.

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Of course, that can backfire... some men like their bitches crazy.

L_Harrison posted:

Might want to take a gander at the Event List. :)

The events list is... kind of a big daunting monster in the distance to me. Feels like tilting at windmills. Though yeah its probly alot better than season play. Plus the AI can actually be a challange.

You know, I remember when they announced that the AI cars could be fully upgraded to their class AND match your skill so that each race was challanging. Yet somehow it still ends up with 3 guys way ahead, 3 way behind and a bunch scattered around the middle.

Hell in season mode I was doing a multiclass and beating 3/4 of the guys in the class above. I really don't understand what happened.

speedtek posted:

How many times did you let it go before you realized it was looping?

Actually I realised I could manually scroll through with the right stick... I didn't know it looped though. I wonder how many times I did sit through it before mashing buttons to escape?

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Slobbergoat's C425 Muscle Car Spec, T1g4h's Country Squire tune:
He made a hearse so I made an ambulance. We got together this morning and saved a replay, here are some pics:

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

Captain Hair posted:

The events list is... kind of a big daunting monster in the distance to me. Feels like tilting at windmills. Though yeah its probly alot better than season play. Plus the AI can actually be a challange.
Well World Tour is basically just spoonfeeding you the event list one race at a time, and certain things on there won't ever show up in World Tour at all, so even though the presentation is a lot less flashy it's where the bulk of the content is. You'll get used to it once you have a few cars that are good for running multiple events.

quote:

You know, I remember when they announced that the AI cars could be fully upgraded to their class AND match your skill so that each race was challanging. Yet somehow it still ends up with 3 guys way ahead, 3 way behind and a bunch scattered around the middle.

Hell in season mode I was doing a multiclass and beating 3/4 of the guys in the class above. I really don't understand what happened.
All it's really doing is shoving more horsepower into the AI cars until they hit the class maximum, so they fly away from you on straights but they still can't corner for crap. Plus the lead AI on random occasions just plain forgets to brake going into a corner and goes zooming off into a wall/sandtrap/runoff area, then jumps right back on the track without bothering to notice if anyone else is coming up behind them.

Aside from those random derp attacks, I can't really see what they supposedly changed with the AI. It's still oblivious, line hogging and unable to take a corner with any amount of aggression.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Not really. World Tour takes an event from the event list and changes its location to match wherever you are. So you aren't actually completing event list ratings, which makes world tour worthless.

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro
WE BE RACIN'

GT: vertigo360

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

VERTiG0 posted:

WE BE RACIN'

I am loving terrible at this game. Four races in a row now I've had a race ending accident...

Why Forza? Why?

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jarf posted:

I am loving terrible at this game. Four races in a row now I've had a race ending accident...

Why Forza? Why?

Stop trying to win and instead try to finish. Eventually you'll start placing better.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

jonathan posted:

Stop trying to win and instead try to finish. Eventually you'll start placing better.
"By being a racing driver you are under risk all the time. By being a racing driver means you are racing with other people. And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver because we are competing, we are competing to win. And the main motivation to all of us is to compete for victory, it's not to come 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th."

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
In order to act like that, you have to actually be as good as Senna.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Cojawfee posted:

In order to act like that, you have to actually be as good as Senna.
True enough! However, if you practice and take risks when needed, you'll hopefully succeed. At the end of the day, your checkbook isn't going to take a hit if you run into another car in Forza. Well, your e-checkbook maybe.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Falken posted:

True enough! However, if you practice and take risks when needed, you'll hopefully succeed. At the end of the day, your checkbook isn't going to take a hit if you run into another car in Forza. Well, your e-checkbook maybe.

Your e-cred will take a hit though if you get a reputation for wiping people out. :colbert:

It takes a long time to get competent racing in close quarters, it's much more reasonable to get good at the basics and work your way up.

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

It's also a good way to work on the psychological part of racing too. The longer you hang on someone's tail, the more they'll look in their rear mirrors at you waiting for you to pass, instead of looking at what's coming up ahead. Shadowing someone for a lap and rattling them into missing their braking point is also immensely satisfying because then the blame is all on them.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Good races until I got disconnected from Xbox Live.

I made a car!
[tIMG]http://i.imgur.com/X8aK5.jpg][/tIMG]
[tIMG]http://i.imgur.com/nA8z5.jpg][/tIMG]
[tIMG]http://i.imgur.com/Mvy1L.jpg][/tIMG]
[tIMG]http://i.imgur.com/suFlM.jpg][/tIMG]

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
e: ^^^^^ me gusta

Scirocco Griffon posted:

It's also a good way to work on the psychological part of racing too. The longer you hang on someone's tail, the more they'll look in their rear mirrors at you waiting for you to pass, instead of looking at what's coming up ahead. Shadowing someone for a lap and rattling them into missing their braking point is also immensely satisfying because then the blame is all on them.

That's mostly my style. All I need to do is drive and let the guy in front of me take care of the rest. Works the majority of the time.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

There are some fantastic liveries being produced for the Ford Transit. Found these on the official Forza forum.
[tIMG]http://i.imgur.com/y61jt.jpg][/tIMG]
[tIMG]http://i.imgur.com/TDeSv.jpg][/tIMG]
[tIMG]http://i.imgur.com/AmKal.jpg][/tIMG]
[tIMG]http://i.imgur.com/7Ulf3.jpg][/tIMG]
[tIMG]http://i.imgur.com/Jplpv.jpg][/tIMG]
[tIMG]http://i.imgur.com/nfQWn.jpg][/tIMG]
[tIMG]http://i.imgur.com/lJwwR.jpg][/tIMG]

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Did people get early codes or something?

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

It's good to see people are actually being creative, and not just doing dozens of dirty white vans with "FREE CANDY" spraypainted on the side like I was fearing.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Scirocco Griffon posted:

It's good to see people are actually being creative, and not just doing dozens of dirty white vans with "FREE CANDY" spraypainted on the side like I was fearing.

I think thats more of an american thing, the rest of the world uses vans like americans would use pickup trucks and not to molest kids in.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is it true that the van has the beeping sound when backing up, like the trailer showed? Or was that just some sort of ultra tease, like i'm expecting?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Idiot race posted:

I think thats more of an american thing, the rest of the world uses vans like americans would use pickup trucks and not to molest kids in.

I don't think there's really analog that can be drawn. Pickup trucks might be used to move things some of the time. If someone moves you might throw a couch in a truck or if someone needs to move some object they just bought. But for the most part, a pickup truck is just a car for the people who own them. Some people just prefer trucks, some people might live in a region where if you don't have a truck you must be a gay or whatever and you aren't a man. Unless people in Europe actually buy vans because they are cool, I think the closest analog to vans in the US is a van, or a truck like you would rent from UHaul.

Pickup trucks are a unique thing and are only really important to people who own them. I actually wish pickup trucks didn't exist. If I need to move something heavy, I can rent a truck. Any pickups on the road are usually to huge, jacked up and look retarded and take up too much space. The people who drive them usually don't know how, and definitely don't know how to park.

Edit: Now that I think of it, I guess you can draw an analog between European vans and American trucks with laborers. People need to move their tools around. I'm ok with that, but personal ownership of pickups I am against.

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

Idiot race posted:

Hey, that's not true at all! This time of year vans get used in America to drop steel ladders in the middle of the freeway, because the guys who do cut-rate landscaping on the side can't bothered to buy another bungie cord. :v:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Even those are rapist vans. You never see a new van. It's always some lovely rusted out van from the 90s with a ladder bungied to the top.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Cojawfee posted:

Even those are rapist vans. You never see a new van. It's always some lovely rusted out van from the 90s with a ladder bungied to the top.

No, it's a new van. It's just the Ford Econoline litterally has not changed since 1985, so it's hard to tell just how old it is from the outside.

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro
I once saw a Cadillac Escalade EXT with a bed full of all sorts of construction poo poo and dents and dings all over the body and it was also covered in mud. I gave that driver two thumbs up.

But yeah, how are those guys getting the pack early such that they can create liveries for the Transit? Is that a VIP thing or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

VERTiG0 posted:

But yeah, how are those guys getting the pack early such that they can create liveries for the Transit? Is that a VIP thing or something?

Probably advance codes that were given out at the Game With Devs event they did on the 26th.

At least I think they gave out some codes, along with unicorn cars and whatnot.

• Locked thread