Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
Excellent. The pants are.. weird, I can't tell if they are tight or if I just need to get used to them. (or if I just need to shave my legs or get some undergarments or something, I am hairy) They feel good everywhere, but it's like they are pulled against the front of my knees too hard.

Off the derail I can't believe how well USPS works, we got our stuff in 2 days across the country. Even the lady at the counter told me monday was the earliest possible.

Cheers for the deal :cheers:

VVV Edit: AH, I think I know what you mean, my jacket does the same at the shoulder armor. Thanks for the tip. VVV

Nitramster fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Apr 29, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Pledge Driver
Nov 10, 2004

Nitramster posted:

Excellent. The pants are.. weird, I can't tell if they are tight or if I just need to get used to them. (or if I just need to shave my legs or get some undergarments or something, I am hairy) They feel good everywhere, but it's like they are pulled against the front of my knees too hard.

Off the derail I can't believe how well USPS works, we got our stuff in 2 days across the country. Even the lady at the counter told me monday was the earliest possible.

Cheers for the deal :cheers:

Sometimes the tops of the padding folds in and hurts the top of my knee. Get your hands in there and you'll see what I mean. Just need to straighten it out and readjust and you'll be good. This has happened to me on all A* pants I've owned.

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?

Gnaghi posted:

Finally got around to posting the 636 up for sale. It's all set to go, brand new front cowling and all. I listed it for $5200 obo, but really want a quick sale as I'm not riding it now that it's all cleaned up and want a WRX pronto. I'm in NJ.

http://cnj.craigslist.org/mcy/2968096622.html

Lowering this to 5k for May. Also am still selling the A* jacket and an old pair of Icon Field Armor boots in 11.5 that got a bit melted by my Husky exhaust. Everything is OBO.

http://cnj.craigslist.org/mcy/2969979580.html

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS
I got burned on some new Dainese Drake pants by a size mislabeling. I can't return them so I have them up on ebay with a bit of discount. Size 54 Euro, unworn, and completely new.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280874393694?item=280874393694&viewitem=&vxp=mtr

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
Selling my Falco:
http://pnwriders.com/motorcycles/169411-2002-aprilia-falco-sl1000r-sporty-sport-touring.html

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Edit: Goldwing is gone! If it was an anonymous goon, thanks! My dad is excited to have it out of his garage.

americanzero4128 fucked around with this message at 00:29 on May 19, 2012

Man_of_Teflon
Aug 15, 2003

edit: sold

Man_of_Teflon fucked around with this message at 16:30 on May 17, 2012

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Gnaghi posted:

Finally got around to posting the 636 up for sale. It's all set to go, brand new front cowling and all. I listed it for $5200 obo, but really want a quick sale as I'm not riding it now that it's all cleaned up and want a WRX pronto. I'm in NJ.

Lowering this bike to $4800 OBO now, with a new CL link. Somebody buy it, I have two supermotos I need to dump money into.

http://cnj.craigslist.org/mcy/3019937633.html

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
I have a brand new Bikemaster Daytona handlebar that I'd like to offload since I'm not gonna use it as I had planned. It was gonna go on my gf's SV but she now prefers to keep the Coerce handlebar already on there. It makes riding way more comfortable especially if you're tall like me, and is GREAT for city-riding. I already have a Daytona on one of my SV650's and it rocks.

Specs:
29.2'' width, 5.36'' rise, 3'' pullback

The Daytona on my SV650:

I got it at my door for $29. Just throw me an offer.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Can I call potential dibs until I get home and measure my handlebars? I need something narrower than my current fatbar.

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
Sure. You can cut up to an inch off both sides of the Daytona, I think, if you plan to do some more narrowing. Do some googling around SVrider about it.

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
I'm sacrificing my size-L Scorpion All-In Jacket, need some more cash.

Information on this jacket at:
http://www.amazon.com/Scorpion-All-In-Jacket-Large-Silver/dp/B001ACFWAU

It's a great leather jacket. I flipped into the back of a pickup truck from 45 mph wearing an All-In jacket (not this one but a size XL; I replaced that one with this size L a month after the accident for more snugness). I was well-protected by the jacket. When you wear this thing, you certainly feel it too. Heavier than my leather Scorpion Stinger jacket. Has back, shoulder, and elbow armor inserts. Excellent condition. I didn't wear this much, thanks to the Scorpion Stinger I bought. Before I got the Stinger, this was my favorite jacket.

I'm asking $200 for the jacket plus shipping. It comes with an inner liner. It has zip-up vents on the sides in the back. Retail on this jacket is $400.

My scrawny self wearing the jacket:

the walkin dude fucked around with this message at 22:03 on May 21, 2012

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.
I'll take the bars if Z3n bails.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Too much rise for me! Thanks for the hold though, I'll pass it to deuce sluice.

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

the walkin dude posted:

I flipped into the back of a pickup truck from 45 mph...

'Sup, 45mph pickup truck smashin' buddy? Bonus points for landing in the bed. I overshot said target and executed a long jump followed by a tuck and roll. Unfortunately there were no sanctioned judges on hand to score my performance, unless a couple of meth heads saying whoah, dude counts.

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
Did you intend to do a tuck and roll? It happened so fast for me. When I saw the truck float past the stop sign, I knee-jerkingly stood up on my pegs (and brake) and hunched over, and the perfect flip happened. If it was a SUV for both of us it would've been very different.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Welp, might as well post this here too. :smith:

http://bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=397927

Xovaan posted:

Hey everyone, I'm currently selling my SV650

This is the bike when I got it:

http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=382922

For sale is my 1999 Suzuki SV650. The bike is mechanically in great shape. Fresh carb rebuild and sync, new petcock, body kit to reduce wind on the highway (was an N model), Pilot Road 3 tires (~3000mi), and new brakes (<2000mi). This is my daily rider and I put about 200 miles a week on it.

Recently inspected by two mechanics, both said it needs nothing-- it's ready to ride.

-Never dropped
-Body kit could use a repaint. The fairings have scratches from the bike it came off of
-Entire front end (calipers, rotors, forks, etc) from a 2007 GSXR750. Work great and stop on a dime with almost no effort.
-Kawasaki 636 rear shock with about 8k miles on it)
-r6 throttle tube
-Vaportech gauge
-1999 engine replaced with a 2006 and currently has about 10,000 miles
-Yoshimura Exhaust with Dynojet kit
-Motoslider frame sliders
-Hella HID modules. These are real HID's with proper cutoff and lumen output. They won't blind other drivers and offer plenty of light. The modules retail for about $180/each without any hardware or ballasts (total setup new was over $600 after bulbs!) will also include two extra bulbs
-Pitbull 15/47 sprockets with 520 x-ring chain from SVracing (just installed!)
-Michelin Pilot Road 3's with 90% tread left
-Rearset Risers (1" up and 1" back)

This bike is perfect for somebody looking for something fun that they don't have to worry about scuffing.

So why am I selling? It's cramped for my 35" inseam and I just bought a Bandit. SV's make me fold like an accordion.

Needs:
-front turn signals (sitting in a box)
-the horn (sitting in box)
-gauge resets when the bike is parked. probably a loose power wire
-if you want, a new matching lock set. sometimes if you don't turn the key all the way when starting it cranks but doesn't fire. not really an issue though

That's it. I also have the original rear suspension, an extra wiring harness, the OEM tool kit, and headlight assembly with the bike if you want to convert back to naked. The chain is lubed every week (approximately 200 miles) and oil is changed every service interval or sooner. I've put over $2000 into repairs in this thing (exhaust, rejet / carb clean and sync, tires, body kit, chain and sprockets, etc) without stopping to realize that I was learning more about Yoga than motorcycling while riding.

Because of the mileage, preventative repairs, and services done in the last six months I'm looking for around $3000. Roughly. Price is very flexible and I am open to any offers since I need this gone now that I have another bike. I won't turn down any offers, but no lowballers. The bike is a runner and a daily driver and eats up miles. Comes with a cover as well as the small box of parts.

See these legs? Look at these goddamned legs. Like a ripped ballerina I am. A very cramped, ripped ballerina.

I am horrible with the Internet so you will have a better chance of contacting me through my email at xovaan@gmail.com

Thanks for reading,

-Sean

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The sticker should up your asking price to at least 6K dont sell yourself short

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!
Isnt't that from SA originally? Is that an old ultimateforce sticker?

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

the walkin dude posted:

Did you intend to do a tuck and roll?

I would have to attribute it to elementary school and what passed for "gym" in grades 2-4 back in the dark ages. They used to make us line up and do somersaults over and over until we got them perfect. We were either being trained to take on the Romanians at the Olympics or defend the Fulda Gap, I don't know which. For some reason, you had to come out of the thing standing upright and with your arms straight out in front of you. And that's pretty much the way it happened.

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Gnaghi posted:

Lowering this to $4600 obo, last try before I just give up and keep it.

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

Anyone interested in a crashed up 04 SV trackbike near Baltimore? I know that's vague, but you never know...

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?

Infinotize posted:

Anyone interested in a crashed up 04 SV trackbike near Baltimore? I know that's vague, but you never know...

is it blue? does the bike have a non crushed tank? Or a gauge mount/fairing stay that isnt all bent to poo poo?

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

It started out yellow. I put a set of armor bodies on it and painted it yellow. After I crashed it one of the things I replaced was the tank, which is now blue! Bodywork is a lush cracked/thrashed rattle-can yellow.

And oddly enough I did replace the fairing stay. Gauges are kaput.

Disclaimer now since I basically assumed no one would ever be interested in the bike... it's a project bike you could get away with on the cheap. It ain't rideable currently and I don't really want to part it out. Though I DID ride it back to the pits after crashing - it's not totalled. It's a get-this-thing-the-hell-out-of-my-garage bike, but for someone who wanted to spend the time and wanted a cheap trackbike it could be worth it.

If anyone wants I can put up a more serious set of details later.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?
If you decide to part it out let me know.

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.
I'd be interested in the tank if it's not dented.

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

Infinotize posted:

It started out yellow. I put a set of armor bodies on it and painted it yellow. After I crashed it one of the things I replaced was the tank, which is now blue! Bodywork is a lush cracked/thrashed rattle-can yellow.

And oddly enough I did replace the fairing stay. Gauges are kaput.

Disclaimer now since I basically assumed no one would ever be interested in the bike... it's a project bike you could get away with on the cheap. It ain't rideable currently and I don't really want to part it out. Though I DID ride it back to the pits after crashing - it's not totalled. It's a get-this-thing-the-hell-out-of-my-garage bike, but for someone who wanted to spend the time and wanted a cheap trackbike it could be worth it.

If anyone wants I can put up a more serious set of details later.
What kind of money are you thinking to come and get it the hell out of your garage?

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Sold

1984 Honda Magna VF500C (V30) - $1600 OBO (or negotiable in trade for Remus exhaust y-pipe and muffler that will fit a 2002 BMW R1150R) located near Seattle (Everett).

We've had it since June 2009 but it's been garage stored since June 2010 after it started having carb issues. Now that the carbs have been taken out, fixed, and re-installed, we have no need for it; time to make room in the garage.

Skill-wise, it'd be a good beginner bike. 62 very-linear horsepowers, not a lot of torques to get in trouble with, and a short reach to the pavement. Plus it isn't pristine - been down a couple times before and after we got it (it was the wife's first ride).

Has about 15k-16k mi. Tires barely used, about 1000 miles. Textured (truck bed liner) finish on tank, side covers, and crash bar (this pic was before the crash bar was done). Chain and sprockets in good shape. Fresh oil, about 4 miles old. Lights and signals all work. Tabbed until June 2013.

All there, runs good, looks good.

Good for smaller riders. At 5'10", the wife and I are pretty big for it.

Issues:
- Speedometer and odometer don't work.
- Minor scrapes and dings from a couple low-speed tip-overs.
- We labeled the carbs before removing them...with sharpie. Awesome.
- Exhaust is a little leaky but that makes it sound cool.

Like the bike and interested but don't like the price? Tell me what price you like!

e: Oh yeah, contact info: bfellows and I live at gmail.

clutchpuck fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Jun 7, 2012

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!
Don't like the location, please bring that to Virginia. :colbert:

That looks pretty sharp.

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:
Wow that's pretty dang sharp, I tried PM'ing you but I guess you don't have plat. To e-mail with a question (do you know what needs to be done to fix the speedo/odo)?

katzontheritz at yahoo dot com

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

The tank on my SV is fine but... I'll let you guys know if I decide to part it out, but I'd rather get it all out at once.

kenny powerzzz posted:

What kind of money are you thinking to come and get it the hell out of your garage?

I think $1500. It's rashed but it does have stuff like a motor, penske, gpr damper, tank & fairing stay are good, stock clipons are done but have woodcraft clipons new in box, plenty of rearset spares, wheels/rotors fine, forks have emulators, etc etc. What it definitely needs is the clipons installed (easy), levers, I have a new brake reservoir that needs to be mounted + bled, radiator, guage cluster, some bodywork repair (has a new windscreen), exhaust hanger - pipe is rashed/dented. Ah and it is drilled/wired for WERA tech.

Trackbike prices are depressing for a seller, I will never build my own trackbike again oh god.

Infinotize fucked around with this message at 17:35 on May 30, 2012

Captain Apollo
Jun 24, 2003

King of the Pilots, CFI

Gnaghi posted:

Lowering this to $4600 obo, last try before I just give up and keep it.
this is gorgeous and I want it.

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Captain Apollo posted:

this is gorgeous and I want it.

Thanks, I get a lot of interest but nobody ever actually shows up. My old ad is deleted since CL doesn't edit properly anymore, here's the new one (which won't edit the new price either):

http://cnj.craigslist.org/mcy/3019937633.html

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

Lowering link for all non-ABS Versyseses. $75

orthod0ks
Mar 2, 2004
anger is a gift

thylacine posted:

Lowering link for all non-ABS Versyseses. $75

If you don't get any bites here, I'd throw it on the versys forums. Someone will buy it.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
I just signed up for them and can't post in the for sale forums.

orthod0ks
Mar 2, 2004
anger is a gift

thylacine posted:

I just signed up for them and can't post in the for sale forums.

Ah, I don't remember there being restrictions. Well, good luck anyway.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
I have a set of Givi hard sidecases that I'd like to sell. I got a set of 3 cases from a dude ages ago and I've only ever used the hard topcase.

I'm pretty sure they are these guys:
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/33/862/

But they are the silver painted model - I have two of them - they'd work great as topcases as well. They are in virtually new condition, I've never used them. They are this color scheme:
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/imagecatalogue/imageview/1972/?RefererURL=/trade/productview/33/579/

I'm thinking somewhere in the range of $150/piece shipped - that puts them at 75% of the new price for a basically new case. I'll take pics if anyone is actually serious/interested.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

orthod0ks posted:

Ah, I don't remember there being restrictions. Well, good luck anyway.

It's annoying.

Can some kickin' rad person bump my adv rider thread?

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=796329

I posted it at the exact wrong time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

^^ Gave you that bump. Now you're obligated to buy my bike.

If by some chance someone leaves near DC and badly wants a 2006 Concours, then this is your lucky day. Crossposting this from ADV and everywhere else I can think of.

2006 Kawasaki Concours
20,043 miles, great condition
$4,000

This bike has taken me on some great touring trips and I'm sad to see it go. It's an excellent sport-tourer if you've never ridden one. Plenty of power and comfort for the slab, but still nimble when you get to the twisties. With the hard bags and a dry bag on top I carried everything I needed for a month on the road. This was the last year of the ZG1000.

It has an Avon Venom-X on the front with about 3,500 miles on it and a Metzler ME 880 Marathon on the rear with about 2,500. Both have plenty of tread left and should go for thousands more. The PO (never met him; he sold this for a Harley after he put a couple hundred miles on it) put Staintune exhausts on that sound really nice if that's your thing. Has a tank pad too in case you want to go really crazy out there.

Mechanically, the bike is perfect. I had a full service done at the beginning of the spring and paperwork to go with it. Cosmetically, it has a few scratches from my tank bag and other luggage, and from the couple times I tipped it over in the driveway or a gas station parking lot. The bike has never done down at speed, but it's a heavy bike and I couldn't always catch it when I got off balance walking or pushing it around.

The bike has lived in a garage or under a cover under my deck its whole life (except when the sun is shining and I'm out riding it).

20,043 miles
Avon Venom-X front
Metzler ME 880 Marathon rear
Staintune exhausts
$4,000

Edit: copy+pasted the wrong mileage somehow because I'm a total bonehead. Didn't realize until some guy called me ready to fly up from FL on Monday to ride it home.

ought ten fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jun 9, 2012