Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

that kinda sucks for the people who actually literally get pneumonia and miss work or school

everyone else be thinkin they had somethin embarassing like a dick infection from fuckin a turtle or some poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Jonny 290 posted:

havent they just been reprinting the same zoobooks for like thirty years now

i saw the same commercial i remember seeing in the early 90s for zoobooks the other day, all they did was add zoobooks.com at the end

same thing with some sears commercial for air conditioners where some bitchy housewife is begging her husband to call sears and buy an air conditioner because "today's a scorcher" and when he does he says "tomorrow's gonna be hotter" and she says "hotter? cool" with the smuggest loving look on her face

ugh god why have they been running that same goddamn ad for like 20 years

ChiralCondensate
Nov 13, 2007

what is that man doing to his colour palette?
Grimey Drawer

amf5 posted:

because it makes idiots who wouldn't otherwise buy air conditioners?

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

nap.app posted:

that kinda sucks for the people who actually literally get pneumonia and miss work or school

everyone else be thinkin they had somethin embarassing like a dick infection from fuckin a turtle or some poo poo
I used to call in with the trots...sorry boss but you know my seat is five minutes from the closest bathroom and I just can't hold it that long today

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

ChiralCondensate posted:

because it makes idiots who wouldn't otherwise buy air conditioners?

if you need a tv commercial to tell you to buy an air conditioner your priorities are a little hosed up

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

IMO climate control/refrigeration is pretty high up on the list of human inventions if not #1

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

TOOT BOOT posted:

IMO climate control/refrigeration is pretty high up on the list of human inventions if not #1

agreed, sassy cat avatar

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

the dorms have no air conditioning and it is awful close to the summer

im glad i got my crazy roommate kicked out so i can keep the window open without him screaming like a lunatic

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i remember being in the dorms and a fight nearly breaking out in the hallway b/c the guy that lived next door to me had been pissing out his window and the second floor guys were sick of smelling the pools of urine as they heated up in the daytime

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

The only way to get A/C in the dorms at my school was to have allergies; whole lotta people with fake hay fever, let me tell you. The school I RA'd for, however, had crazy heat/A/C for every room, which, aside from my private bathroom, was the only tolerable thing about that job.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

so glad that next semester I'll be in the nicest building with both working heat and AC

also I'll have my own bathroom

gently caress shared showers and gently caress everyone who thinks its funny to poo poo in them

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

finished sg1. just have to watch the the two recent movies.

teal'c looks weird with the white hair stripe but then again he looked pretty weird when he suddenly had hair too

also that weird caterpillar beard he had for one season

ChiralCondensate
Nov 13, 2007

what is that man doing to his colour palette?
Grimey Drawer

amf5 posted:

if you need a tv commercial to tell you to buy an air conditioner your priorities are a little hosed up
i said "idiots" ok

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Mind Spew posted:

gently caress shared showers and gently caress everyone who thinks its funny to poo poo in them

lol

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

i remember being in the dorms and a fight nearly breaking out in the hallway b/c the guy that lived next door to me had been pissing out his window and the second floor guys were sick of smelling the pools of urine as they heated up in the daytime

trickledown theory lol

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
so glad that next semester I will continue to be an employed adult with an apartment with central a/c and no roommates except for my catte

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Trig Discipline posted:

trickledown theory lol

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles

Trig Discipline posted:

trickledown theory lol

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

amf5 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oamnDsxFLyg

that cat has to be dead by now :saddowns:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Wilhelm_Scream.wav posted:

that cat has to be dead by now :saddowns:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

yeah i been watching cartoons what of it :colbert:

(theyre all up on cbs.com, so if you're bored its a good way to waste time)

LooseChanj
Feb 17, 2006

Logicaaaaaaaaal!

amf5 posted:

if you're bored its a good way to waste time)

the first few are actually decent, but the show gets exponetially worse episode by episode until the finale which is a black hole of poo poo

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

okay i'm watching babylon 5 now

i watched the first episode (not the pilot which I heard was awful and i shouldn't watch)

first impressions

the human characters have terrible stilted dialogue and talk so fast you can't understand them sometimes
londo owns
g'kar owns
1994 cgi sucks
newtonian physics own
the music seems to have been made on a casiotone

overall solid ripoff of star dreck deep space twelve :unsmigghh:

toby
Dec 4, 2002

Luigi Thirty posted:

the human characters have terrible stilted dialogue and talk so fast you can't understand them sometimes
londo owns
g'kar owns
1994 cgi sucks
newtonian physics own
the music seems to have been made on a casiotone

this remained true for the season and a half (maybe two seasons) that i watched

LooseChanj
Feb 17, 2006

Logicaaaaaaaaal!

toby posted:

this remained true for the season and a half (maybe two seasons) that i watched

wow talk about leaving the party 10 minutes before the free hookers and blow show up

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

no kidding, b5 owns so much in s3 and 4

it's too bad they lost all the original cg models, i think they were going to redo all the effects for the dvd releases

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
from what I've seen of b5 losing the original cg models and having to redo them all is a net win for humanity

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

haveblue posted:

from what I've seen of b5 losing the original cg models and having to redo them all is a net win for humanity

they look like something i would make in lightwave

for amiga

toby
Dec 4, 2002

LooseChanj posted:

wow talk about leaving the party 10 minutes before the free hookers and blow show up

yes i have been told this 100x and i will watch it eventually i swear

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Foundation Imaging houses 24 Amiga 2000s, 16 of which serve as dedicated rendering engines. Each of the 16 packs 32 megabytes of RAM, a Fusion 40 accelerator, and a Toaster. All the Amigas share data through a Novell network and offload data to a 12-gigabyte 486 PC file server. Beigle-Bryant's home-brew task manager parcels out rendering work to each of the Amigas in the rack and ensures that no machine sits idle. Thanks to his clever resource management, the rendering time for a frame of "Babylon 5" animation averages 45 minutes, not too much more than that required for the less complex models used in the pilot episode. A true technologist, Beigle-Bryant takes pride in the fact that no machine sits through a day without working. Even the animation workstations double as serious data crunchers when the animators themselves take a break.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

This leads me to inquire as to just how eager Foundation Imaging is to invest in new technologies, perhaps PC based, or even to use high-end Silicon Graphics workstations. As forthe PCs, Beigle-Bryant notes that data is data and the network taskmaster could be tweaked to support parallel processing on a network made up of PCs and Amigas. Currently, NewTek's Lightwave software requires a Video Toaster to run; it could conceivably be rewritten to run on any machine. As to whether NewTek has begun such a project, Beigle-Bryant can't comment, but industry scuttlebutt has long predicted a PC-compatible version of the Toaster. So why not a PC Lightwave package? Furthermore, NewTek's very sexy rendering engine, the Screamer--though still living a beta-version existence--promises Silicon Graphics power at a reduced price. This hardware, too, has found a home at Foundation Imaging.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

haveblue posted:

i'm gonna start a kickstarter for this

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

I run SyncRPG, and produce original, digital content for the Pathfinder RPG, designed from the ground up to be played online.

Luigi Thirty posted:

londo owns
g'kar owns

babylon 5 has my two favorite science fiction characters in it, and you've hit them on the head

i mean, i love stargate, tng, and ds9, and i love a lot of the characters in them, but londo and g'kar are loving fantastically written and expertly acted

their story is genuinely interesting, the hatred between their people palpable. both of them seem like huge assholes at times, but in general you can tell they both just want what's best for their people

i'm not going to spoil anything but lando's entire story is so god damned awesome.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

Luigi Thirty posted:

they look like something i would make in lightwave

for amiga

I do believe that's what they actually used.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

yeah shame about that whole

thing

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Heresiarch posted:

I do believe that's what they actually used.

that's... the joke

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
hey i'm an idiot who didn't reload the page

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Inverse Icarus posted:

i'm not going to spoil anything but lando's entire story is so god damned awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pK5HmuCMBM

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

Luigi Thirty posted:

overall solid ripoff of star dreck deep space twelve :unsmigghh:
noooooo trap sprung i guess. paramount was given the whole b5 plot / bible / character roster and passed on it. then right as it finally premieres they're like 'check it out! a deep space station called ds9!' and it's a complete ripoff.

you can check all the similarities, but my favorite is that b5 originally had a shapeshifter character but strazynski was like 'nahhh that poo poo is lame.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

lord funk posted:

noooooo trap sprung i guess. paramount was given the whole b5 plot / bible / character roster and passed on it. then right as it finally premieres they're like 'check it out! a deep space station called ds9!' and it's a complete ripoff.

you can check all the similarities, but my favorite is that b5 originally had a shapeshifter character but strazynski was like 'nahhh that poo poo is lame.'

yup trap sprung owned

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 22:16 on May 1, 2012

• Locked thread