Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Nam Taf posted:

Can you please make it work for all versions of the new nzbs.org skins? It only works in default at the moment but I prefer dark classic.

I prefer classic myself, so I am aware of this and will probably work on it tonight.

Tide posted:

This is happening to me as well. Have tried several fixes, but nothing is working.

The "get NZB" URL scheme is completely different with Newznab's frontend, so if SABconnect works like nzbdStatus does it'll need to be told about the changes.

My secondary machines all have Chrome rather than Firefox as their main browser and use SABconnect and it is GPLed, so if I hit that right kind of bored tonight after working on nzbdStatus I might take a whack at it. edit: Checked out the source and taking a quick look at it I think I should be able to do something fairly easily.

Mister Fister posted:

I'm on ancient versions of sickbeard and sabnzbd... do the new versions have the ability to install new updates by itself rather than having to download and install a fresh version (i know sickbeard used to do this at least)? THanks.

Sickbeard has auto-update on source installs, I don't think it's there in the Windows EXE releases. SAB does not have it, just an update notifier.

wolrah fucked around with this message at 17:57 on May 5, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe
Thanks for updating nzbdstatus wolrah, forgot to mention that last page.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

wolrah posted:

Sickbeard has auto-update on source installs, I don't think it's there in the Windows EXE releases. SAB does not have it, just an update notifier.

If you're not running Sickbeard from source you ain't poo poo.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe

FISHMANPET posted:

Incidentally the new version of CouchPotato is actually pretty nice, I like the new layout and filtering options. The simplified setup is nice for more casual users as well.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

FISHMANPET posted:

Seems like so much effort :(

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Does anyone offer free DNS anymore? I have two through DynDNS, but I can't seem to add another. If I setup a new account, I can't see anywhere on the site that they even offer the service anymore. Same thing with No-IP. I just want to setup something so that my father-in-law can access his stuff remotely without having to remember his IP. :(

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Seems like so much effort :(

It took about an hour for me because I had never used those programs before, but it wasn't that hard. It's worth it, I think. I need to get around to setting up the new CP as well, but I haven't had the time.

Is there a way to migrate your Wanted list from the Windows build to the new beta build?

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

EC posted:

It took about an hour for me because I had never used those programs before, but it wasn't that hard. It's worth it, I think. I need to get around to setting up the new CP as well, but I haven't had the time.

I don't know anything about building from source. Do you end up with a self-contained folder like the binary or do you have to keep a bunch of other stuff installed in order for it to work? I prefer it to persist across OS wipes (I keep SAB and SB on a non-OS drive).

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Vykk.Draygo posted:

I don't know anything about building from source. Do you end up with a self-contained folder like the binary or do you have to keep a bunch of other stuff installed in order for it to work? I prefer it to persist across OS wipes (I keep SAB and SB on a non-OS drive).

I'm probably not the best person to ask. IIRC, all I did was install some sort of Git client, cloned the Sickbeard source, and then ran the .py file from there. I pointed it to my Sickbeard folder on my desktop, and it created a Sick-Beard folder in there, and I've never ran the Git stuff again. I just hit the update button in Sickbeard and it does it's thing. I'd imagine I could move the folder to another PC and it would still work...

Edit: I used TortoiseGit, at least that's whats installed on my server.

EC fucked around with this message at 21:34 on May 5, 2012

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

EC posted:

Does anyone offer free DNS anymore? I have two through DynDNS, but I can't seem to add another. If I setup a new account, I can't see anywhere on the site that they even offer the service anymore. Same thing with No-IP. I just want to setup something so that my father-in-law can access his stuff remotely without having to remember his IP. :(

To answer my own question, apparently DLink gives you a free hostname if you're using one of their routers, so I ended up doing that. x.dlinkdyndns.com isn't exactly easy, but it's better than the IP.

EC posted:

Is there a way to migrate your Wanted list from the Windows build to the new beta build?

Answering my own question again, you can't at the moment, although it's on the list.

Are there any instructions for installing v2 from Git? I can't find the project repo.

Edit: goddamn what is it about posting on the forums and immediately finding the answer afterwards? Here's the link https://github.com/RuudBurger/CouchPotatoServer

EC fucked around with this message at 22:33 on May 5, 2012

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Vykk.Draygo posted:

I haven't run from source on Windows in some time (my media server is Linux), but it'll require a working Python install and a Git client. Other than that it should be self-contained.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

wolrah posted:

I haven't run from source on Windows in some time (my media server is Linux), but it'll require a working Python install and a Git client. Other than that it should be self-contained.

Already had git-portable from my previous attempt, and installing Python 2.6 was no problem, but I cannot figure out how to get Cheetah installed. There's not a whole lot of documentation on the subject either.

edit: looks like I got it. Had to sort of guess how to install it because the documentation I found had incorrect syntax.

Vykk.Draygo fucked around with this message at 23:44 on May 5, 2012

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
Ah yea, that was already on my system from SAB so I missed having to install it for SB.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I must be missing an obvious step, because now the only way I can keep sickbeard running is to open up a command prompt and run sickbeard.py from it and leave the window open. Just running the py file like an executable opens a command window for a split second but sickbeard isn't running after that.

edit: I think this was my stupid fault. Disregard.

Vykk.Draygo fucked around with this message at 00:09 on May 6, 2012

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
I'm running a tiny ubuntu-server VM on my windows PC. Makes it really easy to install and update these things, and I'm planning on putting a central xbmc database on it later. The best thing is that I can just back it up and move it to another computer or fresh installation of windows should the need arise.

It's not for everyone but if you are a windows user and know your way around virtual machines and linux I recommend it.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

deep square leg posted:

I'm running a tiny ubuntu-server VM on my windows PC. Makes it really easy to install and update these things, and I'm planning on putting a central xbmc database on it later. The best thing is that I can just back it up and move it to another computer or fresh installation of windows should the need arise.

It's not for everyone but if you are a windows user and know your way around virtual machines and linux I recommend it.

Are you using it for anything other than Usenet programs? That seems like a lot more work than installing python with cheetah.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Are you using it for anything other than Usenet programs? That seems like a lot more work than installing python with cheetah.

I used to run it all in Windows and yeah it was fine, but I prefer this. As I said I'm planning on using mysql for a central xbmc database, and I've always had a small VM for shell stuff so it wasn't a stretch to do this. Even then, installing ubuntu-server is quick and apt-get installs and updates the dependencies more easily than in Windows.

It's also nice to not worry about configuring windows services, and since I'm in Australia I set the VM to US Eastern time, so sickbeard now searches for things at the right time.

stephenm00
Jun 28, 2006
Fixed

stephenm00 fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Apr 21, 2017

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Did you follow the instructions on the github page?

stephenm00
Jun 28, 2006
Fixed

stephenm00 fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Apr 21, 2017

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Is the latest nzbdStatus (2.0b4) not working with nzbds.org? It works fine with binsearch, and I even tried switching back to the default nzbds skin

Gimperial
Oct 5, 2006

And then there was silence...

mistermojo posted:

Is the latest nzbdStatus (2.0b4) not working with nzbds.org? It works fine with binsearch, and I even tried switching back to the default nzbds skin

Do you mean nzbs.org? If so it's working for me with their new interface.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Are people not using the built in nzbs.org SAB support? I disabled the chrome extension support for nzb.su and nzbs.org since I just use the built in support the site uses.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
This may be an odd question, but is there a way to "test" Couchpotato to see if it's all set up and synched up right? LIke there's a test button on SAB or SickBeard (I forget) that tells you all is connected right. But I haven't had cause to actually *use* Couchpotato yet, so I'm not sure if it's functioning right. I have things it's looking for when they finally hit, but how do I know it's talking correctly to SAB or whatever and will actually do something when it finds something on my list?

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Feenix posted:

This may be an odd question, but is there a way to "test" Couchpotato to see if it's all set up and synched up right? LIke there's a test button on SAB or SickBeard (I forget) that tells you all is connected right. But I haven't had cause to actually *use* Couchpotato yet, so I'm not sure if it's functioning right. I have things it's looking for when they finally hit, but how do I know it's talking correctly to SAB or whatever and will actually do something when it finds something on my list?

By adding a movie that exists on usenet and seeing if it does its thing. Just set it to a low quality so you don't download a 50GB bluray just to test.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Thermopyle posted:

By adding a movie that exists on usenet and seeing if it does its thing. Just set it to a low quality so you don't download a 50GB bluray just to test.

Ah I had to tweak a few settings, but your idea proved fruitful. Thanks!

So on Friday or so, I got Qouch working finally. Everything is communicating, etc.

Aside from just being a fancier interface on how to see what I could see if I was at my computer... what exactly can I *do* with it? Anything nifty?

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Gimperial posted:

Do you mean nzbs.org? If so it's working for me with their new interface.

Yeah weird, I'm using Firefox on OSX and all I can do is download the nzb. The site's SAB integration works fine so I guess I could use that but I like how the extension works with binsearch

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

mistermojo posted:

One of the main changes in the 2.0b4 build is support for the Newznab frontend on NZBs.org, so it should work fine on the default skin. I still haven't tackled classic, got a bit sidetracked working on SABconnect++ to restore it's basic functionality with the new NZBs.org.

kri kri posted:

Are people not using the built in nzbs.org SAB support? I disabled the chrome extension support for nzb.su and nzbs.org since I just use the built in support the site uses.

That requires opening your SAB instance to the internet. I rarely have a need to add things when I'm out of the apartment and have a VPN if I really want to, so I prefer to keep mine local-only.

mistermojo posted:

Yeah weird, I'm using Firefox on OSX and all I can do is download the nzb. The site's SAB integration works fine so I guess I could use that but I like how the extension works with binsearch

What version of Firefox? My main laptop's a Mac, so I can replicate your setup if needed.

wolrah fucked around with this message at 21:48 on May 6, 2012

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

wolrah posted:

What version of Firefox? My main laptop's a Mac, so I can replicate your setup if needed.

edit: yup, never mind, it's working fine. I think it just wasn't loading the icons for some reason.

mistermojo fucked around with this message at 23:49 on May 6, 2012

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

wolrah posted:

That requires opening your SAB instance to the internet. I rarely have a need to add things when I'm out of the apartment and have a VPN if I really want to, so I prefer to keep mine local-only.

Are you afraid that somebody is going to figure out your IP, port, username and password and download things to your computer? I don't understand the issue.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Feenix posted:

Aside from just being a fancier interface on how to see what I could see if I was at my computer... what exactly can I *do* with it? Anything nifty?

Providing a one-stop shop is enough for me. I've had CP/SB/SAB setup for my in-laws for awhile now, but it wasn't until I setup Quoch that it started getting used.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Oh I still see the value... Was just wondering if I'd missed anything. :)

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Are you afraid that somebody is going to figure out your IP, port, username and password and download things to your computer? I don't understand the issue.

I don't worry about it, but if I was worrying about it, I'd worry about vulnerabilities in CP/Sickbeard/SAB.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Part of it is that I don't use or want to use a username/password and the other part is a simple rule of least open ports. If a service doesn't need to be exposed to the internet, it isn't. I have a VPN setup that works and gets me access to everything on my home LAN, so unless I want something to be accessible to others there's no reason for me to expose it.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
I got bored, so here's SABconnect++ fixed for the Newznab site.

https://github.com/wolrah/sabconnectplusplus

Packaged CRX under the Downloads section, just like the Firefox extension.

Unfortunately due to the way Chrome extension updates work (secured with a key) unofficial modifications will *NOT* install over top of the existing one, instead they will install alongside, get none of the settings, and fight over things. You'll need to manually disable the official one and copy the settings over for my modified version to work.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

When I switched from Sick Beard binary to source, I just copied config.ini, sickbeard.db and the AUtoProcessTV folder over. Everything looks right, but the shows aren't updating and are stuck on Unaired. Is there anything I can do short of redoing the whole DB? I tried a full refresh on everything but it didn't work.

edit: nevermind, looks like a mass rescan rather than a mass update works, at least for shows that recently aired. Not sure if it'll update for shows that will air soon.

Vykk.Draygo fucked around with this message at 12:29 on May 7, 2012

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

dj_pain posted:

Umm dude, look into getting your plan upgraded. Even telstra offer 200gb on there $69 plan. Also If you are australian and you are on internode/iinet use there newservice as you get about 35 days retention for free.

Telstra don't offer 100mbit cable.

Plan inc home phone and Internet for $100/mo

Ronald Duck
Jun 26, 2005
My mum says I’m cool.

Laserface posted:

Telstra don't offer 100mbit cable.

Plan inc home phone and Internet for $100/mo

Yes they do. Free on a bundle or $10/mo extra. 200gb 100/2 cable and homephone $90/mo. A couple months back that plan was on sale for $80/mo.

My favourite part of switching to cable was ditching the on/off-peak nonsense. Now I can download what I want when I want.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Chick3n posted:

Yes they do. Free on a bundle or $10/mo extra. 200gb 100/2 cable and homephone $90/mo. A couple months back that plan was on sale for $80/mo.

My favourite part of switching to cable was ditching the on/off-peak nonsense. Now I can download what I want when I want.

They didnt offer it when i signed on to optus. 2 year contract :/

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
Added DogNZB support to nzbdStatus and my SABconnect++ fork thanks to dogzipp making a quick change to the template (Chrome extensions are HEAVILY sandboxed compared to Firefox where they basically have control of the browser).

nzbdStatus
AMO: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/nzbdstatus/versions/
Github: https://github.com/wolrah/nzbdstatus

SABconnect++
Github: https://github.com/wolrah/sabconnectplusplus

For SABconnect++ (and nzbdStatus if for some reason you hate AMO) the packaged extension is under the Downloads section.

edit: To make it easier to identify if both the official and my fork are installed, it is now SABconnect+++++

wolrah fucked around with this message at 05:55 on May 8, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
I ran out of hard drive space on my laptop, so when a download failed missing one piece, it couldn't do anything about trying to recover or whatever, because it was out of space. Before I created some free space, I clicked retry on the download, and it dissapeared from sabnzbd. I've still got all the files, but extracting them fails because of the missing piece.

So I'd like to either reload the download into sabnzbd with it using the existing files, or try to manually repair it with the files its downloaded. I've got a filename.par2 and a filename.vol000+01.par2, is that enough?