Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

In regards to the Kirby thing, our studio is playing it super conservative. We can only use Kirby art from the film "in context" so basically we aren't profiting from Kirby images. What exactly that means is up to the lawyers and ever since the Tyson tattoo debacle on Hangover 2 we've been playing it safe and conservative on just about everything. This particular legal subject is changing daily so you might see it in TV Spots in the future but as of now we could only show it if we did like a viral scene preview ala Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.

Stayne Falls posted:

How much leeway as far as choices do you get for songs in trailers?

In the trailer for The Lucky One it was a ridiculous cycle of cutting a trailer with multiple songs (for some reason just about EVERYTHING is better with Florence and the Machine) then we get approval from all the filmmakers and the executives, then we go out to the bands who we've been chatting with back and forth with and offer. We'll offer Florence and the Machine 500 grand (just as a fictional example) for a song and she'll come back with "Eh. I don't really like this type of film" and we're hosed and have to start over then we'll see the same song in another trailer for another film two weeks later. This part of the process is annoying as poo poo.

zenintrude posted:

I saw this on another site and it looks pretty good, but the movie is giving me a strange vibe with its mix of deadly seriousness and Ocean's-esque comedy... almost something like the feeling I got while watching The Host and other Korean films.

Looking forward to the trailer thread!

This is one of the most difficult problems to overcome, part of this film is super serious and part of it is campy Hollywood fun and it works in the film but in a 2:30 trailer it is very hard to slowly shift the mood without it being jarring. We work on the transitions endlessly and with this trailer I think it was fairly successful.

Believe me when you see rough cuts that don't work, like going straight from public executions to John Goodman cutting jokes it is drat near insulting to the memory and gravitas of the situation. But like a third of the film is set in 70s Hollywood so you have to make that work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

kiimo posted:

Also since I haven't created that trailer thread yet, please enjoy our new trailer just released just now for Ben Affleck's Argo...

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/wb/argo/

Sorry for being kind of off-topic, promise to get a new thread at some point.

This trailer did a good job at selling me on this movie. Looks very tense though I agree with zenintrude - it makes you wonder if there's a much lighter tone to this movie that doesn't come across in the trailer.

edit: just read your reply above here. It seems like the sort of deal your last name would have to be Coen for it work, but I'm definitely interested in this movie.

Took me quite a while to realize I was looking at Ben Affleck.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Here's your trailer thread, sorry for clogging this thread up.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3483878

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
New Expendables 2 poster featuring... who?

Listen, shitheads. No amount of terrible Photoshop blurring is going to make Kathleen Turner look good at this point, so why bother?

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

Dillbag posted:

Legitimately one of the coolest guys in that movie.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I kind of feel like Kathleen Turner's beauty was always smoke and mirrors.

At this point she looks like a fat British guy.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

kiimo posted:

I kind of feel like Kathleen Turner's beauty was always smoke and mirrors.

At this point she looks like a fat British guy.

or Meat Loaf.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

penismightier posted:

Undisputed 3, yet another modern action flick Expendables couldn't light the farts of.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

penismightier posted:

Hahaha, is the font in that gif the same font as the Expendables poster one?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Dissapointed Owl posted:

or Meat Loaf.

She looks like Lawrence Tierney to me.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Hahaha see if you can see what is extremely wrong with this poster.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!

kiimo posted:

i) Why would a bathroom have a separate toilet cubicle.
ii) the cubicle door probably wouldn't close, even without the guy there.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
The door also wouldn't fit into the frame if it did close.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Haha exactly. Even if it could get past the toilet which it clearly can't, that door frame doesn't even line up.

Oh, Cimarron. Really?

Her expression just makes it look like she's trying to figure it out too. The reflections in the floor don't line up either.

I had to look up if that was Paul Rudd and Leslie Mann too.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Joke's gonna be on all of y'all when it turns out to be part of a subplot about Paul Rudd having built their house himself, with shoddy and M.C. Escher like results.

Rap Music and Dope
Dec 25, 2010
For some reason Euros really suck to
It's funny because 40 year olds are old and don't give a poo poo about making GBS threads in front of there loved ones. Judd Apatow needs to really stop making movies. -Posted from my apple ipad device.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!
I'm not seeing the problem with the door fitting into the frame, could someone spell it out for me by drawing reference lines on the poster? :shobon:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

HoldYourFire posted:

I'm not seeing the problem with the door fitting into the frame, could someone spell it out for me by drawing reference lines on the poster? :shobon:

Look at the left side, that looks like a frame meant for a door swinging the other way or no door at all. Even if it could close somehow it would leave a gap running up it.

Edit: although looking again that gap is on the bottom but I can't see it above her arm. It just looks wrong, mechanical reasoning wrong.

edit 2: don't make fun of the infirm.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 03:34 on May 10, 2012

DKWildz
Jan 7, 2002

Just started looking at Mondotee's and they're releasing that Thursday at some point during the day. I work nights so I don't ever hope to be able to buy something from them with having that 30 second window, but I do like a lot of their past work :)

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

HoldYourFire posted:

i) Why would a bathroom have a separate toilet cubicle.
ii) the cubicle door probably wouldn't close, even without the guy there.
No, my bathroom looks a lot like that. The door's so someone can shower while someone else shits without the showerer being disgusted. However, our door opens outward.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

kiimo posted:

Another huge problem: Her reflection is WAY too close. There is no room for the sink in that relection. She's just an inch away from the soap according to the reflection.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

scary ghost dog posted:

No, my bathroom looks a lot like that. The door's so someone can shower while someone else shits without the showerer being disgusted. However, our door opens outward.

Yeah, it's actually a pretty good idea. That way you aren't getting germs/excrement particles all over your toothbrush and shower stuff every time some rear end in a top hat takes a piss/poo poo and doesn't close the lid when they flush. In fact, I'm going to just say that whoever came up with the idea of making GBS threads in the same room that you clean yourself in the first place was probably a loving dolt.

Lucania
May 1, 2009

kiimo posted:

Age is a bitch. It looks like she started as Kathleen Turner and then absorbed Hillary Clinton into her mass.

It's less age (she's only 57) and more alcoholism and dealing with rheumatoid arthritis.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Great now I feel like an rear end in a top hat.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

scary ghost dog posted:

Same here. Those set ups are very common in the US I guess anyway

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

TheJoker138 posted:

Yeah, it's actually a pretty good idea. That way you aren't getting germs/excrement particles all over your toothbrush and shower stuff every time some rear end in a top hat takes a piss/poo poo and doesn't close the lid when they flush. In fact, I'm going to just say that whoever came up with the idea of making GBS threads in the same room that you clean yourself in the first place was probably a loving dolt.

Mythbusters

Put toothbrushes every foot from the toilet down the hall to the kitchen. Same amount of fecal bacteria on all of them after a month.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Sockser posted:

Mythbusters

Put toothbrushes every foot from the toilet down the hall to the kitchen. Same amount of fecal bacteria on all of them after a month.
It's gross because it smells.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

scary ghost dog posted:

It's gross because it smells.

If your bathroom smells on a constant basis, you're doing something wrong.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Yeah dude like, try not making GBS threads on the floor or something.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

scary ghost dog posted:

Well someone still has to hear it and walk in/out while someone showers to take said poo poo.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Just don't poo poo in the shower.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Gonz posted:

Just don't poo poo in the shower.

Look at this guy, with all the time in the world.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Dillbag posted:

Evil Peter Petrelli has no time for pussy superpowers (aside from the power of being Hella Ripped).

kiimo posted:

Is it that they found a bathroom mirror that gives no fucks about the physical laws that govern reflection?

Jasta
Apr 13, 2012

TetsuoTW posted:

Is it that they found a bathroom mirror that gives no fucks about the physical laws that govern reflection?

Whoa, yeah, between that and Paul Rudd on the toilet, this poster is all sorts of wrong. Seriously, though, who thought no one would notice that the taps and sink were not being reflected?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Jasta posted:

Whoa, yeah, between that and Paul Rudd on the toilet, this poster is all sorts of wrong. Seriously, though, who thought no one would notice that the taps and sink were not being reflected?

I wouldn't have noticed if someone hadn't said "can you see what's wrong with this poster?"

Most posters aren't made for studying.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
I know Tyler Perry movies are low-hanging fruit at this point, but my God this poster is hideous.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Paul Rudd just kinda annoys me now everytime i see him on a poster. There's no real reason for this, he just does ya know?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Robert Denby posted:

I know Tyler Perry movies are low-hanging fruit at this point, but my God this poster is hideous.

2014: Madea in Space

Or she could go back in time to Camelot and King Arthur.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Eugene Levy lookin like Dabney Coleman on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

This poster is very subtle about the role the females will play...

I know sexualizing women is nothing new, but I just find it funny that every guy is pictured up to his shoulders, but her tits are not only in focus, but swollen out like her back is arched while wearing the tightest, most form fittingest shirt they could manage.