Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thedouche
Mar 20, 2007
Greetings from thedouche

:dukedog:

YggiDee posted:

Damage-Over-Time. Poison, burning, and suchlike.

Ah, thanks. Couldn't find this anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

J posted:

edit: Figured it out - Using reflection after hitting the novas once really helped lessen how much damage Melia was taking, and then when Lorithia would go to resummon them I used her topple kick to interrupt that and buy a lot more time free from the novas. It also helped getting lucky and not having her use the big confuse bomb attack more than once.

Be happy, when I did that fight 7th got confused or something, and ran off in to the far end of one of the damage pools, died, and was impossible to reach to rez. As a result this left Brave Heropon Riki and sidekick Sharla to take the boss from 80% to dead.

It too too goddamn long but Riki's a lot of asskicking packed in to a small :3: body so victory was inevitable.

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
What items are easy to get and worth a lot? I need to trade for an item that is worth about 45,000, and nothing in my inventory is worth that.

Devoyniche
Dec 21, 2008

Thundarr posted:

You don't always get a vision when you get an item for a future quest. That threw me off a few times too.

Items that you should keep will be larger bags and have a little x in the background of their icon. These items will be used in quests whether or not they have an exclamation mark, or so my experience has led me to believe so far.

I kind of get annoyed at inventory restrictions because of how many items there are, which is something someone else brought up as being kind of dumb. Especially crystals, because I never feel like I have enough control over the crafting process and like I would be wasting good gems by using them, so I hoard them and am now sitting on a pile of like 90% I and II level crystals that I used a few of, and now have a bunch of like III and IV ones that I can't bring myself to use unless I think I will get megaheat or whatever.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
I actually found Distant Fingertip before I found the actual place where I was supposed to go.

Here's a tip for climbing down: If you jump while on a climbable surface, you let go, but the instant you nudge the climbing stick, you grab back on. Repeat and you can get down much faster than it takes to get up.

The only real place I noticed the limited inventory is because I don't craft gems very often.

I tried crafting up some of my old level 1 and 2 Crystals, but when that didn't work because it produced too much stuff, I just gave up. I up and sold every bit of level 1 and 2 stuff to free up space. Now I'm starting to get level 4 crystals, so I have to do a bunch of crafting on my ton of level 3 cylinders.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Eh, with a rare few exceptions once you start getting a new tier of crystals you're safe to ditch all of the older ones. Only continue using lower level crystals if you simply can't find the bonus you need in the current tier.

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

I'll give you a definite maybe.
I don't suppose anyone ever found the location on Bionis referenced in the late game cutscene of awesome? The one where Egil's peace loving friend found the Monado? Might be a cool place to visit if it exists.

lynch_mob23
Dec 7, 2007
ron paul 2008
I hate to be one of those "how far am I" people, but I feel the need to ask. Lots of sidequesting, lots of searching for items, lots of breaks to rebuild colony 6 and I'm pushing 93+ hours and am about halfway done activating the 4 things in agniratha. If a percentage can be given, I'd appreciate it. I've enjoyed playing long late night sessions, but am interested in getting to the end.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

I'd say about 75-85% depending on how you slice it: the pacing picks up so it's kinda hard to say. If you want to think of it this way, ignoring plot and bosses there are two more large areas to slog through.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

Brackhar posted:

I don't suppose anyone ever found the location on Bionis referenced in the late game cutscene of awesome? The one where Egil's peace loving friend found the Monado? Might be a cool place to visit if it exists.

That might be the Bionis' Left Shoulder that got dummied out in the final version of the game. Here's a video of it someone exploring it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l86GCaqZuxY

Supposedly, that's where the Giants live

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!

davidHalestorm posted:

That might be the Bionis' Left Shoulder that got dummied out in the final version of the game. Here's a video of it someone exploring it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l86GCaqZuxY

Supposedly, that's where the Giants live
That looks like a map shown in a lot of the early screenshots, just with the topography and all, sort of Bionis leg-but-not. Man, with all the little homes next to those huge-rear end giant dwellings makes me wish this area made it into the final game.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
One thing that you can use the gem crafting for is to check the progress of your affinity upgrades between teammates.

I am really annoyed with Shulk's stupid 4th skill tree thing. I'm tired of running all over trying to find whichever of the eleventy-billion people I need ot talk to at exactly the right time to millimetre up my affinity a little bit more. There's maybe one quest left in Colony 6, to find a red pollen orb somewhere. (Or maybe I shouldn't - this looks like another one with multiple endings. I'll talk to his brother guy once I can find him). EDIT: loving finally. I needed to make two more links between people to get Desiree to talk. I did like that her quest objectives were "struggle to listen to Desiree's boring story". I made her a soldier. Fourth tree unlocked. Now I just have to work on Colony 6 a but more, I think.

More Colony 6 restoration stuff: Where can I find Caterpiles and whatever brand of Hox drops Hox Daylight Spurs on the Bionios Leg?

I assume that Retro Diodes, Flexible (and/or) Steel Selulia Cells, and Azure Hollyhocks are all Collectibles found in Mechonis Fields?

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 23:19 on May 15, 2012

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Hox Daylight Spurs come from the Hox' at Raguel Bridge. They can also be traded for with a character at Mechonis Field.

Yes to the first and last of those items you asked about at the end. No to the second and third.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

More Colony 6 restoration stuff: Where can I find Caterpiles and whatever brand of Hox drops Hox Daylight Spurs on the Bionios Leg?

I assume that Retro Diodes, Flexible (and/or) Steel Selulia Cells, and Azure Hollyhocks are all Collectibles found in Mechonis Fields?

Windy Cave for the caterpiles (hang a left after the bridge, rather than following the road), and the tops of the pillars in Raguel Lake for the hox. You can also trade for both items, from Dorothy (Colony 9 at five stars) and Bozatrox (Mechonis Field) respectively.

Retro Diodes and Azure Hollyhocks are what and where you think they are. Flexible and Steel Selua Cells are enemy drops from an area you don't have access to yet, and there's a fair bit of plot before you get there, so you'll have to wait on level 4 special. (The enemy names are Largo Selua and Wool Selua, respectively.)

Also, I'll see if I can pull together a list of all possible Colony 9 affinity links, so you can go through that and narrow down which particular NPCs to talk to for the possibility of creating or updating links. (Note that some possibilities will require completing quests you don't yet have, so they won't all pan out.)

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Marogareh posted:

Alcamoth is pretty much the low point in the game and I almost said gently caress it to the quests there.

Can someone give me some encouragement to stick with the game here? I was doing about 50% of the quests up until I reached this city, but they are just so repetitive and boring, even picking them up is a pain in the rear end having to talk to the same person four or five times to get them to give each of them to you.

I've done two heart to hearts in the game and am tired of being told I don't qualify, gems are still a complete mystery and I have yet to make one better than those I randomly get after killing enemies. The combat system is sort of fun, but frustrating in that I can't tell my party members to use topple after I break them (Reyn always seemed to topple, but Dunban is an idiot and never does). On top of this I've now got six party members whose gear and skills I assume I have to keep upgraded lest I be forced to use someone in some fight that will get creamed due to being under geared/leveled.

I'm at the part where I am ambushed by a group of 6 High Entia and they kill Sharla within five seconds if I have her in my party, if I don't I'm able to take out one enemy before being overwhelmed and losing everyone to no healing. I know the answer is go grind out quests to level up but don't know if I have it in me.

Mattavist fucked around with this message at 22:26 on May 15, 2012

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

You should honestly probably just stop now, I doubt you'll enjoy the game much if you're underlevelled by Alcamoth and find the prospect of sidequesting too trying to go through with. You're not going to do many Heart-to-Hearts save for those between the three characters you main for a long long time, until certain circumstances make grinding affinity hilariously easy. There's a pretty good gem guide a few pages back.

It's not going to get better though, by what I assume to be your definition of better. Though you assume wrong that you'll need to really bother with keeping all your characters up to snuff. I used pretty much the same party for the entire game save for a switch out when Seventh came on board.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Got it, thanks. It's strange that the OP recommends skipping all the sidequests to avoid over leveling yourself, but doing only most of them results in being under leveled.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

diospadre posted:

Got it, thanks. It's strange that the OP recommends skipping all the sidequests to avoid over leveling yourself, but doing only most of them results in being under leveled.

You probably aren't actually doing most of them, is the thing. A lot of sidequests are opened up by talking to people a bunch to ferret out affinities and the like. This ties back into the difficulties Stabbey is having with Shulk's 4th skill tree. You are probably doing the most obvious quests, however.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

diospadre posted:

Can someone give me some encouragement to stick with the game here? I was doing about 50% of the quests up until I reached this city, but they are just so repetitive and boring, even picking them up is a pain in the rear end having to talk to the same person four or five times to get them to give each of them to you.

I was in a similar situation to yours, best thing I can recommend is to just give the game a rest for a while. I played up to Alcamoth in about a week, got all burned out and kinda stopped playing. Then three weeks after I started playing again and it was good.

You don't really have to worry about keeping characters up to date. Non-active party members seem to earn like 80% or so of the EXP, AP and SP the active members do. I switched out Sharla as soon as it was possible and haven't used her since except for like 2 unique enemy fights and she's still only a single one level behind everyone else.

Make yourself some Quick Step gems and link Riki's movement speed skill to whomever you're controlling. You can reach 30% increased move speed (25% gem cap + 5% Riki's skill) and it's a HUGE difference. Probably the single thing that most improved my enjoyment of the game.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Colony 9 possible affinity links (alphabetical):

Andreas/Monica (red, orange, blue)
Andreas/Shura (green)
Arnaut/Francoise (red, orange, green)
Arnaut/Kantz (yellow, green)
Arnaut/Leopold (yellow, green, blue)
Arnaut/Shura (yellow)
Betty/Desiree (red, yellow, green, blue)
Betty/Kenny Rohan (yellow, green, blue)
Betty/Mefimefi (green)
Betty/Sesame (orange, green)
Cheryl/Dionysis (green)
Cheryl/Jan (green)
Cheryl/Marcia (blue)
Dean/Erik (yellow)
Dean/Perrine (green)
Dean/Rocco (yellow, green)
Dean/Sonia (yellow, green, blue)
Desiree/Dorothy (yellow)
Desiree/Kenny Rohan (green)
Dionysis/Jan (red, green)
Dionysis/Marcia (yellow)
Dorothy/Jackson (orange, yellow, green)
Dorothy/Minnie (red, yellow, green)
Dorothy/Raoul (blue)
Dulland/Marcia (yellow)
Emmy Leater/Kantz (red, orange, green)
Emmy Leater/Miller (red, orange, yellow, green, blue)
Emmy Leater/Raoul (red, orange, yellow, green, blue)
Erik/Monica (orange, yellow, blue)
Erik/Shura (yellow, green)
Francoise/Narine (orange, green)
Francoise/Suzanna (yellow)
Francoise/Sylviane (yellow)
Giorgio/Jackson (yellow, green)
Giorgio/Kenny Rohan (yellow, green)
Giorgio/Paola (orange, yellow, green, blue)
Giorgio/Sesame (green)
Jackson/Kenny Rohan (yellow, blue)
Jan/Minnie (yellow)
Jiroque/Marcia (yellow, green)
Jiroque/Zukazu (red, yellow, green, blue)
Jolele/Lukas (yellow, green)
Jolele/Niranira (orange, yellow, blue)
Kantz/Moritz (green)
Kantz/Raoul (green)
Kantz/Suzanna (green)
Kenny Rohan/Sesame (orange, green)
King Squeeze/Leopold (red, orange, yellow)
King Squeeze/Sylviane (yellow, green)
Leopold/Sylviane (orange, green, blue)
Liliana/Marcia (yellow, green)
Liliana/Rocco (orange, green)
Liliana/Sonia (red, yellow, green)
Lukas/Moritz (yellow, green, blue)
Lukas/Narine (yellow)
Lukas/Niranira (yellow, green, blue)
Lukas/Paola (yellow)
Marcia/Zukazu (orange, green)
Mefimefi/Sesame (blue)
Miller/Raoul (yellow, green)
Minnie/Monica (orange)
Minnie/Raoul (green)
Moritz/Niranira (orange, green, blue)
Moritz/Suzanna (orange, yellow)
Narine/Paola (orange, blue)
Rocco/Sonia (red, green)

NB: Not all of these are necessarily available, since some are mutually exclusive depending on decisions you make (Andreas/Monica vs. Erik/Monica, for example; another is that only Mefimefi or Perrine will form links here, and then only after you pick the other one to send to Colony 6), and others may first require you to finish quests you haven't yet unlocked.

Still, you should be able to use it to narrow down who's worth investigating at different times of day and who's completely useless to bother with because you have all their relationships established already.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Vil posted:

Windy Cave for the caterpiles (hang a left after the bridge, rather than following the road), and the tops of the pillars in Raguel Lake for the hox. You can also trade for both items, from Dorothy (Colony 9 at five stars) and Bozatrox (Mechonis Field) respectively.

Hmmm... I did remember about the caterpiles in there, but I recalled them being level 70 or something huge, as were the guys on top of the lake pillars. I'll check again, maybe I can take them on now that I'm level 60.

quote:

Retro Diodes and Azure Hollyhocks are what and where you think they are. Flexible and Steel Selua Cells are enemy drops from an area you don't have access to yet, and there's a fair bit of plot before you get there, so you'll have to wait on level 4 special. (The enemy names are Largo Selua and Wool Selua, respectively.)

Thanks. I only need the one more diode to get another upgrade for the colony, so I'm just running between the start and the first landmark avoiding combat.

quote:

Also, I'll see if I can pull together a list of all possible Colony 9 affinity links, so you can go through that and narrow down which particular NPCs to talk to for the possibility of creating or updating links. (Note that some possibilities will require completing quests you don't yet have, so they won't all pan out.)

Thanks, I just got the last two little bits I needed (Andreas-Shura and Desiree-Betty).

I finally have Shulk's 4th tree open now. On to Reyn.

diospadre posted:

Funny how everyone hates Alcamoth. The only parts of Alcamoth I didn't like was (temporarily) losing a member of my party for much of it. So I actually zoomed through basically all of Alcamoth without doing side-quests, because I wanted to save picking those up until later.

Even if that part is not to your liking, the plot event that happens at the end of the Alcamoth section is worth seeing at least.

Maybe that's the key for Alcamoth? Save the side-questing until later?

The part that I hated was Valak Mountain, because it was obnoxious to navigate, had a long way between landmarks - unless you wander in the "wrong" direction and accidentally find them, and there was an obvious "filler" fetch-quest and obligatory boss fight.

quote:

I've done two heart to hearts in the game and am tired of being told I don't qualify, gems are still a complete mystery and I have yet to make one better than those I randomly get after killing enemies. The combat system is sort of fun, but frustrating in that I can't tell my party members to use topple after I break them (Reyn always seemed to topple, but Dunban is an idiot and never does). On top of this I've now got six party members whose gear and skills I assume I have to keep upgraded lest I be forced to use someone in some fight that will get creamed due to being under geared/leveled.

Heart-to-Hearts are definitely oddly spaced. Ones you don't qualify for are usually locked until after a plot event happens.

They also, unfortunately, require you to use different people in your party to increase your affinity with them. That comes both from accepting/completing quests and from fighting (B-button presses, reviving/encouraging/helping party members)

However, a perfect Heart-to-Heart gives you 9 hearts worth of affinity, which is a lot.

I switch up my party a lot, which helps keep affinity levels relatively close together, but it will take a long time to raise everyone's affinity to the maximum.

quote:

I'm at the part where I am ambushed by a group of 6 High Entia and they kill Sharla within five seconds if I have her in my party, if I don't I'm able to take out one enemy before being overwhelmed and losing everyone to no healing. I know the answer is go grind out quests to level up but don't know if I have it in me.

That's a problem all right, you seem underlevelled if that fight is kicking your butt. You also shouldn't use Shulk in that fight because the Monado can't hurt High Entia.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 21:15 on May 16, 2012

Deviantfish
Jun 25, 2006

P L E A S E
D O N ' T
Grimey Drawer
Quick question: How should I gear up Seven? I'm using the speed frame at the minute, but it looks absolutely terrible. Are any of the others better, or should I just put up with improbable amounts of robo-rear end?

edit: VVV

quote:

So I just found out about this 4th and 5th skill tree. What's a good way to raise area affinity? I did a ton of Colony 9 sidequests earlier in the game, but only seem to get to level 2.

All these kill and collecting sidequests are so bad.
Unfortunately, that's the only way to do it. You'll also get a star or two every time one of the NPCs in a town raises their affinity towards another, so keep talking to them whenever you're passing through.

Deviantfish fucked around with this message at 00:09 on May 16, 2012

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
So I just found out about this 4th and 5th skill tree. What's a good way to raise area affinity? I did a ton of Colony 9 sidequests earlier in the game, but only seem to get to level 2.

All these kill and collecting sidequests are so bad.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!
So, just destroyed Mechonis Core

What the everloving hell?! With the Dixon going crazy and the Egil going sane, and then Dragon Ball Z areal battles, and... what the hell. And what the poo poo is up with Lorithia, why doesn't she change into a Telethia when she gets dosed with gamma rays Ether particles?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Chaltab posted:

So, just destroyed Mechonis Core

What the everloving hell?! With the Dixon going crazy and the Egil going sane, and then Dragon Ball Z areal battles, and... what the hell. And what the poo poo is up with Lorithia, why doesn't she change into a Telethia when she gets dosed with gamma rays Ether particles?

For the same reason that

It's absolutely essential that Zanza have a host except then it suddenly stops being essential since he steps right out of Shulk and promptly ignores the need for a vessel of flesh as he is describing it to you and not in the past tense.

Which is to say, because Zanza wills it. Lorithia is one of his "chosen". A bio wizard did it.

And yeah all in all, Dickson's ultimate allegiances strikes me as something that was changed over the course of development. His comments in Satorl Marsh just don't really make any sense in the context of him being a schemer. But oh well. v:shobon:v

thedouche
Mar 20, 2007
Greetings from thedouche

:dukedog:
Is there a good way to find some quickstep crystals? I need to move faster.

Unoriginal One
Aug 5, 2008

Deviantfish posted:

Quick question: How should I gear up Seven? I'm using the speed frame at the minute, but it looks absolutely terrible. Are any of the others better, or should I just put up with improbable amounts of robo-rear end?

Speed's pretty much the way to go, thanks to that built-in Haste gem. I will note that if you max out Colony 6's Commerce, you'll gain access to a Nopon merchant who'll sell version IV, which has a different skin.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Deviantfish posted:

edit: VVV

Unfortunately, that's the only way to do it. You'll also get a star or two every time one of the NPCs in a town raises their affinity towards another, so keep talking to them whenever you're passing through.

Do yourself a favor with Seven

By the H Speed and H Ether bits from Mechonis Field and mix them. It looks not awful, has much better defense, and you have slots for customization. Yeah you lose the Haste but it's worth it to not look retarded

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
So can 7th be geared/skilled for anything? I want to dps with it, but aggro is a problem, so I just decided to tank with it but then damage taken is a problem, unless I have sharla in the group.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Tipme posted:

So can 7th be geared/skilled for anything? I want to dps with it, but aggro is a problem, so I just decided to tank with it but then damage taken is a problem, unless I have sharla in the group.

Speed gear. Tanks with agility and does tons of damage.

Unoriginal One
Aug 5, 2008
Keeping Seven's regan aura handy helps as well, both for the healing and as a way to drop out of the speed aura early. Also work towards getting Seven's fourth skill tree, works wonders with Dunban's Critical Drain.

Gargonovitch
Feb 23, 2008

I dunno how many years on this Earth I got left... I'm gonna get real WEIRD with it...
Just had to replace the disc drive in my launch day Wii to be able to play this game. In addition to the game itself, cost me about 50 bucks Canadian for the drive and screwdrivers plus the game itself. WORTH IT.

Tibeerius
Feb 22, 2007

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Hmmm... I did remember about the caterpiles in there, but I recalled them being level 70 or something huge, as were the guys on top of the lake pillars. I'll check again, maybe I can take them on now that I'm level 60.
I checked this myself last night, and they are indeed in the low 70s. Guess we'll have to wait on them for a few levels!

quote:

Funny how everyone hates Alcamoth. The only parts of Alcamoth I didn't like was losing a member of my party for much of it. So I actually zoomed through basically all of Alcamoth without doing side-quests, because I wanted to save picking those up until I had a full party. The plot event that happens at the end of the Alcamoth section is worth seeing at least.

Maybe that's the key for Alcamoth? Save the side-questing until later?
In addition to losing a party member, I think people hate Alcamoth because every quest is a Timed quest, so many (myself included) feel compelled to grind them out before advancing the plot for fear of losing them forever. Further frustrating things are how spread out the quest-givers are, and how few landmarks there are on the first and second levels.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Tibeerius posted:

In addition to losing a party member, I think people hate Alcamoth because every quest is a Timed quest, so many (myself included) feel compelled to grind them out before advancing the plot for fear of losing them forever. Further frustrating things are how spread out the quest-givers are, and how few landmarks there are on the first and second levels.

Also because it is a dull, monstrously large area with like, three landmarks in total and with very boring, tedious and generic chanting music that comes right after one of the prettiest zones in the game with some of the nicest themes.
Speaking of music, does anyone know if the singers in the final boss songs actually saying something? Or is it just made-up chanting?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Man, I need to stop coming to this thread. I just got to Frontier last week and...haven't had much time to progress past that, so it's a spoiler minefield in here :negative: Half the problem is lack of playing time, the other half is that I find myself running around areas I've already been to clean up quests, when I'm already overleveled enough as it is. But I really want that portable gem furnace fuuuuuuuuuuckkkkk...

Is there a soundtrack out/available for this game? Would love to listen to some of these themes while I'm slaving away in the lab all summer.

VV That's exactly what I'm doing...which mean I can read an entire page of this thread in 30 seconds because I refuse to read 75% of what's there :v:

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 18:52 on May 16, 2012

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

I make a habit of putting the mouse to the left avatar area whenever I click to load this thread, out of fear of a spoiler revealing itself.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

C-Euro posted:

Man, I need to stop coming to this thread. I just got to Frontier last week and...haven't had much time to progress past that, so it's a spoiler minefield in here :negative: Half the problem is lack of playing time, the other half is that I find myself running around areas I've already been to clean up quests, when I'm already overleveled enough as it is. But I really want that portable gem furnace fuuuuuuuuuuckkkkk...

Is there a soundtrack out/available for this game? Would love to listen to some of these themes while I'm slaving away in the lab all summer.

VV That's exactly what I'm doing...which mean I can read an entire page of this thread in 30 seconds because I refuse to read 75% of what's there :v:

For the portable gem furnace (vague early-game spoilers; you're personally past that point):

1. Do the quest (available after Satorl) to open up Colony 6.
2. Upgrade Colony 6 to level 1 in all four categories. The items for this upgrade, at least, are pretty trivial.
3. Talk to the Gem Man.

No other questing or affinity-raising needed.

And yeah, there's a soundtrack, and like most JRPG soundtracks it only got released in Japan. So import, or listen to it on YouTube or something.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Vil posted:

And yeah, there's a soundtrack, and like most JRPG soundtracks it only got released in Japan. So import, or listen to it on YouTube or something.

If you want, here's the whole thing on a non-YouTube music streaming site. Ads there are sort of irritating, but only pop up once a session.

drat good soundtrack, but mind possible spoiler-ish stuff in track titles.

Alternatively: Here's "Riki the Legendary Hero" on loop for 30 minutes. :allears:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Vil posted:

For the portable gem furnace (vague early-game spoilers; you're personally past that point):

1. Do the quest (available after Satorl) to open up Colony 6.
2. Upgrade Colony 6 to level 1 in all four categories. The items for this upgrade, at least, are pretty trivial.
3. Talk to the Gem Man.

No other questing or affinity-raising needed.

Yeah I know what I need to do to get the portable furnace...just not where to get everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
Anyone have a good lead on where Bitter Kiwi spawn? I think I maybe found one in all of Makna forest - through repeated runthroughs, and I spent that on the Collectapaedia. EDIT: No, I haven't even found a single one yet. I need two to get the better outcome for a quest.

I'm also looking to find a few people: Hoko, Ma'Crish, and Talonyth. I've double-checked my affinity chart and none of them are on it. It's for Reyn's 4 skill branch.

EDIT: Wow, I just tried fighting the Unique M104 Fortress in Sword Valley, and even though I was 3 levels higher than it, it was no contest. It easily wiped the floor with my Shulk-Seven-Melia team.

Tibeerius posted:

I checked this myself last night, and they are indeed in the low 70s. Guess we'll have to wait on them for a few levels!

I've passed two big plot events and Alcamoth is still open. You can put off doing those quests until you reach Mechonis Fields.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 21:14 on May 16, 2012

• Locked thread