Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Raposa posted:

As others have said, she's just wearing her school uniform from that scene from way back, when Annie first broke her emotionless mask and wept for her mum. Red stuff is cherry juices, cause they were eating cherries in that cherry tree they're under. Dirty clothes from climbing and falling said tree.

Ah, I guess I was just seeing parallels in that Zimmy also wears a school uniform sans sweater vest, combined with the fact that in Zimmy dreams sometimes people (including Zimmy) aren't who they appear to be, also combined with the fact that clothes disappearing/appearing seems to always be related to Zimmy dreams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.
I hope that in this case a shirt is just a shirt, otherwise I'm totes lost.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

"You caught us red-handed" it's one of my favorite moments in the entire comic. I'm glad to see it's one of her happier memories.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Tea-san, switch to five updates per week.

Please.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Tea-san, switch to five updates per week.

Please.

Manga schedule* please: 20 pages a week

(*do not do this, you will die and have no life. 3 updates is just perfect)

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Tea-san please switch to as many updates as you can handle whilst still providing us with the amazing quality that has been exhibited so far and also are able to keep yourself physically and psychologically provided for for at least long enough to conclude the comic.

So three will do fine.

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I carry refreshments to the good guys
I made the good guys some home fries
The art in this chapter is jaw-dropping. I'd attribute it to his working on the comic full-time but knowing how big his buffer is these were probably drawn before he made the jump. I sort of can't believe there's a webcomic this good.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I wonder if we'll get a version of the scene with Reynard where Annie runs off to the forest crying, and instead of taking off the mask it cracks or something.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

Is it friday yet?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

ATP_Power posted:

Is it friday yet?

No lie, I'm going to be leaving on a year long volunteer group in a few months and I realized one of the plusses is that each time I get back to civilization, I'll have a nice big buffer of GC to read.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Tea-san, please assume sufficient creative control over your works so that all the money going to gunnerkrigg related but non official things go to you instead.

BrainWeasel
May 8, 2007

I'll reattach your arm when I hit fucking Level 2!

Wet Copper Armour posted:

So the mask represents Annie repressing her emotions. When she was at the fruit tree with Kat was really the first time we saw her really express her feelings. When she went to the forest she also stopped repressing her emotions, she'd just blown up at Reynard, then she continued letting out her emotions when she stayed in the forest. Why Jones gave her the mask I'm not sure. Maybe her time with Jones has helped her recognise that when she has her emotional mask on she's more like Jones the (not a) robot than she is like normal people. Or something.

Doubt it that's complicated. Jones is the stand-in for emotional control because she's the most under control person Annie knows.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
So, um. Looks like flashback Kat still has headpigeons.

Does that mean that present-day Kat has found her way into the dream, or will we be getting a look into past Kat's thoughts, I wonder?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

BrainWeasel posted:

Doubt it that's complicated. Jones is the stand-in for emotional control because she's the most under control person Annie knows.

More than Anthony?

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011

Rasamune posted:

So, um. Looks like flashback Kat still has headpigeons.

poo poo, you're right. Unless your first guess is correct, that pretty much torpedoes my "headpigeon is City Face's way of saying 'thank you'" idea.

Actually, wouldn't it have to be? Zimmy and Kat have encountered each other since the tree, certainly... have they met since Kat rescued 'Face, though?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Tea-san I demand less updates a week. Update once a month. Or a year. And draw real ugly instead of good. You're making other webcomics look bad.

UnbearablyBlight
Nov 4, 2009

hello i am your heart how nice to meet you

Bitchtits McGee posted:

poo poo, you're right. Unless your first guess is correct, that pretty much torpedoes my "headpigeon is City Face's way of saying 'thank you'" idea.

Actually, wouldn't it have to be? Zimmy and Kat have encountered each other since the tree, certainly... have they met since Kat rescued 'Face, though?

"the gunnerkrigg formspring posted:

quote:

Is the pigeon on Kat's head new to this chapter? I don't remember it from before...
It is the pigeon that Kat found in the Bad Start chapter.
So it looks like it's the same pigeon, if only in a metaphorical sense.

BrainWeasel
May 8, 2007

I'll reattach your arm when I hit fucking Level 2!

Bongo Bill posted:

More than Anthony?

I don't think she sees her father as emotionally controlled so much as emotionally distant, and even then only from her. A big part of her world-view is how he invested himself in her mother, even if it led to him shunning her when she died.

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
This puts a whole new spin on someone being "birdbrained".

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

On the subject of stuff you'll never have a chance in owning:

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
:argh:

I really want that Coyote and Annie.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Tom, seriously, I will pay you unreasonable amounts of money for one of those prints. Just put it on ebay, come on man.

Fake edit: Has anyone noticed that Tom gets the gently caress out of this thread whenever we start talking heavy speculation? I think he can't resist the urge to let us know what's going on so he steers clear for a few weeks until the chapter ends.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Talorat posted:

Tom, seriously, I will pay you unreasonable amounts of money for one of those prints. Just put it on ebay, come on man.

It would probably be more cost effective to fly over to the UK, locate Tom, and just throw wads of cash at him.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Talorat posted:

Fake edit: Has anyone noticed that Tom gets the gently caress out of this thread whenever we start talking heavy speculation? I think he can't resist the urge to let us know what's going on so he steers clear for a few weeks until the chapter ends.
They're not even prints man, those are hand painted canvas.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

IronSaber posted:

It would probably be more cost effective to fly over to the UK, locate Tom, and just throw wads of cash at him.

I am in full endorsement with this plan.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I would seriously pay serious money for all the Coyote stuff. The character design is amazing.

xyzzyx
Jun 9, 2011

:nyan::nyan::nyan::nyan::nyan::nyan::nyan::nyan::nyan::nyan::nyan::nyan::nyan::nyan::nyan::nyan::nyan::nyan:
GK is one of the best webcomics out there. The last chapter was one of my favorites, and the current chapter is all about Zimmy - how awesome is that!?

Thanks for making GK, Tom! It must be a lot of work, but the finished product is worth it.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Talorat posted:

I figure he must enjoy watching us flail around trying to guess what's happening and doesn't want to get in the way.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Tom, if you sell these, pleeeeeeease charge more for them than what you charged at that convention stall of yours a while ago. We want to shower you with money. Let us shower you with money.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

idonotlikepeas posted:

I figure he must enjoy watching us flail around trying to guess what's happening and doesn't want to get in the way.

Alternately, we've guessed everything correctly and he furiously redoing his entire buffer. :v:

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Roger Explosion posted:

Tom, if you sell these, pleeeeeeease charge more for them than what you charged at that convention stall of yours a while ago. We want to shower you with money. Let us shower you with money.

I guess there's nothing stopping you from walking up and saying, "What do you want for that picture? Okay, here's five times that amount. Keep the change."

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
It's not often that a person feels less privileged for living in America. Congrats, Tom, for that.

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.
I guess the silhouette in the background is Zimmy in Bob's outfit.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
So it looks like the mask is just whatever Antimony is "hiding" from people/ around people. She has a tendency to "wear the mask" and hide herself, after all.

She doesn't wear the mask around Kat, but she still has some secrets from her, obviously. Minor ones in the grand scheme, but still secrets.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

I love Kat Face completely flipping out.

And Tom is right, that drawing of Zimmy is pretty amazing.

rocketbrah
Sep 24, 2003

it's peanut butter
⚡ MORPHIN' TIME ⚡

Tom posted:

That last panel is one of my favourite pictures of Zimmy.
Seconded. Can't wait until the avatar crew gets to that.

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011

Zorak posted:

She doesn't wear the mask around Kat, but she still has some secrets from her, obviously. Minor ones in the grand scheme, but still secrets.

I thought Kat knew about her homework being copied, though?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Bitchtits McGee posted:

Annie told Renard she had permission, but I don't think that's ever been confirmed.

Cestrian
Nov 5, 2011

Bitchtits McGee posted:

Annie claimed she did but the notes under the comic doubted she was telling the truth.

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=802

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Surec posted:

Can't wait until the avatar crew gets to that.

Here's a quick crop. I can't remove the speech balloon without messing up the background, though. Maybe someone more experienced can.

Bitchtits McGee posted:

She doesn't. Annie's been lying about it.