Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.
Ugh, the Natchez Trace is in my backyard (2 lanes, no stop signs, right of way the entire 444 mile stretch, no commercial traffic allowed, lots of twisties down to Leiper's Fork, big rear end bridge with an awesome view) but it's too dark to take a picture and I work tomorrow. Someone is going to get this before me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.
Oh god how do I take a picture of the entirety of Brown County, Indiana?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Viper_3000 posted:

Ugh, the Natchez Trace is in my backyard (2 lanes, no stop signs, right of way the entire 444 mile stretch, no commercial traffic allowed, lots of twisties down to Leiper's Fork, big rear end bridge with an awesome view) but it's too dark to take a picture and I work tomorrow. Someone is going to get this before me.

Take the picture. I think most of us live in a city with no good riding roads.

Ghost Cactus
Dec 25, 2006

Pvt. Public posted:

Oh god how do I take a picture of the entirety of Brown County, Indiana?

You lucky dog - that area is beautiful and I would love to ride there. Do soggy leaves on the road make it sketchy in the fall?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The reason this road is so fun is that its a two rut road in the middle of a city. A tiny offroad haven in the concrete.

:siren:YOUR BIKE DOING SOMETHING NON-STEREOTYPICAL FOR ITS GENRE:siren:

Example of what I mean: A sportbike offroad, a Harley cornering really hard, a dual sport at a track day, etc.

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 19:21 on May 16, 2012

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Olde Weird Tip posted:

Example of what I mean: A sportbike offroad, a Harley cornering really hard, a dual sport at a track day, etc.

Supermotard on a superslab?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Safety Dance posted:

As long as the picture obviously shows "this bike isn't meant to do this", then fine. Perhaps mspaint some pain lines coming out of your rear end on the picture.

orthod0ks
Mar 2, 2004
anger is a gift

Safety Dance posted:

If you're able to keep both wheels on the ground.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Olde Weird Tip posted:

So... What's non-stereotypical for a naked standard? :v:

I could grab a pic of my bike sitting parked under its cover because it's raining, but that would be cheating.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Pulling a trailer

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

I wish I had gotten a picture of when my buddy and I rode to a gun show. It was like Harley, Harley, Harley, ratty Ninja, KLR650, Harley, Harley, Harley, Harley.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

KozmoNaut posted:

If it's small? At a gas station.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So if my Ducati's not in front of a coffee shop and not getting worked on, it counts, right? :v:

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Slim Pickens posted:

So if my Ducati's not in front of a coffee shop and not getting worked on, it counts, right? :v:

Ducati at the library.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Are you dragging a knee? You'd better not be dragging a knee!

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

slidebite posted:

If it's small? At a gas station.

600 Bandit, 250km on a full tank. I still feel like I'm constantly riding from one gas station to the next.

Oh, I know what's non-stereotypical for my bike... Surrounded by hot chicks :(

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

KozmoNaut posted:

I could grab a pic of my bike sitting parked under its cover because it's raining, but that would be cheating.

Getting tailgated by a Prius

Alternately getting equal wear on front and rear tires

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

KozmoNaut posted:

600 Bandit, 250km on a full tank. I still feel like I'm constantly riding from one gas station to the next.

If yours is a MK2 600, does the gauge show empty or one tick before going to reserve?

I had to switch mine to reserve the other day, but the gauge still showed that the tank wasn't empty. (1 of 6)

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Ziploc posted:

If yours is a MK2 600, does the gauge show empty or one tick before going to reserve?

I had to switch mine to reserve the other day, but the gauge still showed that the tank wasn't empty. (1 of 6)

1996, so no fuel gauge or any such modern frivolities. I usually go to reserve somewhere around 210-220km.

Lord_ExDeath
Nov 21, 2005

That's how it's done...
SV650S off-roading possibly coming tomorrow if nobody posts something by then.

Orange Someone
Aug 20, 2007
Hmmm

Lord_ExDeath posted:

I willnae get back to my bikes before late tomorrow night, but I was reckoning on get a photo of one of them off-roading. The DRZ would be right at home, but the CB400 is a dinky naked standard, and the closest the XR125L normally comes to the dirt is when I get blasted by a lorry passing through a puddle. It does look like an off-roader though, so I guess it's CB400 offroad time.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Lord_ExDeath posted:

Works just fine for fire roads as long as there isn't much deep sand, loose gravel or 12"+ water crossings. Avoid jeep trails and single track though...oil filter is pretty vulnerable. Long story

Looks like riding the SV into work every day is wearing off on people. Guy I've talked to a few times picked up a nice 2007 SV650S three weeks ago and has been riding when able. He even picked up a high vis jacket. We almost match.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Someone do something for god sake I don't have a trailer

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Does this count, or do I have to find a way to mount more luggage to the bike?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Safety Dance posted:

Haha works for me!

IcedPee
Jan 11, 2008

Yarrrr! I be here to plunder the fun outta me workplace! Avast!

FREE DECAHEDRON!
Oh drat. I was gonna post up a picture of me on my harley when I'm completing the MSP tomorrow. Kinda fits in with the spirit of all the jack-assery going on in the harley thread.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Safety Dance posted:

I think that's great, but would have been even better if you had so much stuff stacked it would have continued out of frame.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

There were balance issues.

That picture wound up costing me $10, too. I "borrowed" a bungee cord off of a co-worker's truck, which snapped. I replaced it with a roll of velcro strapping material because I felt bad for touching his poo poo without asking.

So...

:siren:Keep your poo poo nice.:siren: Change your oil. Oil your chain. Adjust that fucker! I know I'm going to be doing that over the weekend. Show me you are too, with pictures.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Olde Weird Tip posted:

I think the Uly is incapable of meeting this challenge.

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

clutchpuck posted:

On a track?

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Aargh posted:

On a track?

I figured that wouldn't work since they have a reputation for being pretty drat sporty - they also have a reputation for being fundamentally genre-bending.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Safety Dance posted:

:siren:Keep your poo poo nice.:siren: Change your oil. Oil your chain. Adjust that fucker! I know I'm going to be doing that over the weekend. Show me you are too, with pictures.

Crap I just did this last weekend. I suppose I could do it on the CRF again, I rode it around the block so it pry needs more oil.

Does building it count? Feels like cheating otherwise I would take a picture of the track bike with it's new unmounted tires, oil pan and general mess of poo poo.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

NitroSpazzz posted:

Does building it count? Feels like cheating otherwise I would take a picture of the track bike with it's new unmounted tires, oil pan and general mess of poo poo.

If there's not a good picture by Sunday, show these busters what a hard core motorcycler you are.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Cleaned my rear wheel with Extreme Nano Turtle Power (Cowabunga!), since it was goddamn filthy:

While out riding, I stumbled upon the crossroads between Beer Place and Uglyville:

So if I win this one, the challenge will be to :siren:find the most interesting crossroads:siren:

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 21:02 on May 19, 2012

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

clutchpuck posted:

How about it selling to a new owner?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

KozmoNaut posted:

Cleaned my rear wheel with Extreme Nano Turtle Power (Cowabunga!), since it was goddamn filthy:

While out riding, I stumbled upon the crossroads between Beer Place and Uglyville:

So if I win this one, the challenge will be to find the most interesting crossroads.

Siren that poo poo so people can find it, homie

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Olde Weird Tip posted:

Siren that poo poo so people can find it, homie

Done.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
Dunno if this counts (it's obviously only half a crossroads) but I was out in the woods on a nice, peaceful drive and saw this:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Snowdens Secret posted:

Dunno if this counts (it's obviously only half a crossroads) but I was out in the woods on a nice, peaceful drive and saw this:

I like it, but let's see what the others come up with, too :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Unfortunately they don't intersect, but nearby there's Long and Gay that run parallel a block away from eachother :(

• Locked thread