Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
I have a strange bug with SABnzbd where after a while I end up with 2 running SAB daemons, and this causes my download queue to fill up but none of the files are post-processed until I manually stop both running daemons and restart a single one.

This is in ubuntu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

astr0man posted:

I have a strange bug with SABnzbd where after a while I end up with 2 running SAB daemons, and this causes my download queue to fill up but none of the files are post-processed until I manually stop both running daemons and restart a single one.

This is in ubuntu.

How is it installed (Ubuntu repo, jcfp repo, source)?

How is it running? (init/upstart at boot, start as user at login, start as user manually)

I don't think there's any way for that to happen when using init/upstart. Even launching manually any second instance should attempt to bind the same web port as the existing instance is using and then explode all over itself rather than just running.

Are you sure there's actually a second instance starting? My system has it installed from jcfp's repo and launching via init, there's only one instance running but it splits off in to multiple processes. Right now there's about 20 SABnzbd processes running on my server. This is normal for CherryPy applications. Sickbeard does the same thing, as does my homebrew CherryPy-based home theater receiver control panel on which I certainly did not go out of my way to make anything multithreaded or multi-process.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
It's installed from the ubuntu repo, and as far as I know my init scripts are set up correctly. The second process could be a forked subprocess, but stopping both of them requires stopping the daemon twice, which as far as I know shouldn't happen. (doesn't killing the parent process kill all of its children?)

Unfortunately I don't have my old terminal window to copy paste, but doing 'ps aux|grep sab' showed

peter 4325 26.1 3.4 333076 127072 ? Sl 14:14 38:34 /usr/bin/python -OO /usr/bin/sabnzbdplus --daemon

twice (the second one had a different PID), and I had to do 'sudo /etc/init.d/sabnzbdplus stop' twice before both processes disappeared.

Doing 'sudo /etc/init.d/sabnzbdplus restart' does not fix the problem.

astr0man fucked around with this message at 21:46 on May 15, 2012

Muslim Wookie
Jul 6, 2005
Just chiming in to let you know I have exactly the same situation with regards to the multiple processes, however, my post processing always works.

So I too have to actually run the sabndbplus stop command twice but I don't have any other issues.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

wolrah posted:

I got bored, so here's SABconnect++ fixed for the Newznab site.

https://github.com/wolrah/sabconnectplusplus

Packaged CRX under the Downloads section, just like the Firefox extension.

Unfortunately due to the way Chrome extension updates work (secured with a key) unofficial modifications will *NOT* install over top of the existing one, instead they will install alongside, get none of the settings, and fight over things. You'll need to manually disable the official one and copy the settings over for my modified version to work.

A bit late as I just now had time to mess with this..

This fixed worked like a charm, thank you, sir!.

godzirraRAWR
Sep 11, 2003

godzirra will trample your scrotum

astr0man posted:

It's installed from the ubuntu repo, and as far as I know my init scripts are set up correctly. The second process could be a forked subprocess, but stopping both of them requires stopping the daemon twice, which as far as I know shouldn't happen. (doesn't killing the parent process kill all of its children?)

Unfortunately I don't have my old terminal window to copy paste, but doing 'ps aux|grep sab' showed

peter 4325 26.1 3.4 333076 127072 ? Sl 14:14 38:34 /usr/bin/python -OO /usr/bin/sabnzbdplus --daemon

twice (the second one had a different PID), and I had to do 'sudo /etc/init.d/sabnzbdplus stop' twice before both processes disappeared.

Doing 'sudo /etc/init.d/sabnzbdplus restart' does not fix the problem.

What is the output of:
sysv-rc-conf --list

Sounds like you might have sab in there twice somewhere?

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
Ok, it happened again just now.

code:
peter@endor:~$ ps -C sabnzbdplus -jH
  PID  PGID   SID TTY          TIME CMD
 4325  4324  4324 ?        05:07:26 sabnzbdplus
 6288  4324  4324 ?        00:00:00   sabnzbdplus

peter@endor:~$ sudo sysv-rc-conf --list | grep sab
sabnzbdplus  0:off	1:off	2:on	3:on	4:on	5:on	6:off

peter@endor:~$ sudo /etc/init.d/sabnzbdplus stop
 * Stopping SABnzbd+ binary newsgrabber    
                                                                        [ OK ] 
 6288  4324  4324 ?        00:00:00 sabnzbdplus

peter@endor:~$ sudo /etc/init.d/sabnzbdplus stop
 * Stopping SABnzbd+ binary newsgrabber  
                                                                          [ OK ] 
Here's what my sab window looks like before I stop both processes, 1 of the warnings is an unrelated crc failure from a while ago, and the 2nd warning is that my queue was paused because the disk is full. Incomplete downloads go on a small SSD and then the completed downloads get moved to a network share. Under normal circumstances the SSD should never be filled as long as the post-processing happens.

Here's my init script - it should be the default one installed from apt: http://pastebin.com/7yi1CUS7
And my /etc/default/sabnzbdplus: http://pastebin.com/nCfFZFbE

edit: fixed formatting so the terminal stuff is easier to read
I guess it is possible that the problem could be sickbeard related, but then I'm not 100% sure why restarting sab fixes it without touching sickbeard.

edit2: actually restarting it made all of the unprocessed downloads disappear from my queue with the files still in my incomplete downloads directory.

astr0man fucked around with this message at 22:41 on May 16, 2012

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
I've had Sickbeard's postproc poo poo the bed and prevent SAB from getting anywhere, so try some downloads that won't be postprocessed and see how it goes. If it's Sickbeard, check it's logs.

Shane-O-Mac
May 24, 2006

Hypnopompic bees are extra scary. They turn into guns.
I'm trying to set up SAB on Ubuntu. In the first step of the wizard, where you enter in the host, port, name and password, etc, I'm geting the error "502 news.blocknews.net: Access denied to your node." I know my info is correct, since I've successfully done this on my Mac.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Shane-O-Mac posted:

I'm trying to set up SAB on Ubuntu. In the first step of the wizard, where you enter in the host, port, name and password, etc, I'm geting the error "502 news.blocknews.net: Access denied to your node." I know my info is correct, since I've successfully done this on my Mac.

Is sabnzbd connected to the server on your Mac as you're trying to set this up?

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

How does one go about getting an invite for the new NZBs.org? I checked the OP and wiki. I have an account on the old one, but it doesn't work in SickBeard anymore.

Gimperial
Oct 5, 2006

And then there was silence...

more falafel please posted:

How does one go about getting an invite for the new NZBs.org? I checked the OP and wiki. I have an account on the old one, but it doesn't work in SickBeard anymore.

Try changing any uppercase characters in your password to lowercase. Not sure about sickbeard but that let me log in to the new interface on the website.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
Sickbeard needs to be updated to a recent version if it's not already, then the old NZBs.org entry under Search Providers will change to "NZBs.org Old" and there will be a new "NZBs.org" entry. This one will show up under the built-in provider configuration and ask for the Newznab API key.

For older apps or if you can't update Sickbeard for some reason, set it up as a Newznab site just like NZB.su

ambushsabre
Sep 1, 2009

It's...it's not shutting down!
So Giganews is having a sale for their plat package or whatever that comes with the browser and vpn, for $17 a month for a few months. Is it worth switching off supernews for a few months to get the VPN + Mimeo plus cloud hosting and some other stuff?

Sperg Victorious
Mar 25, 2011
Basically paying $10 for the VPN and cloud hosting. Guess it just depends on how bad you need a VPN and 30 gigs of cloud hosting for a few months. You can get VPNs cheaper than 10 bucks.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

This is more general internet news, but people here probably want to know about this

http://blog.comcast.com/2012/05/comcast-to-replace-usage-cap-with-improved-data-usage-management-approaches.html

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

kri kri posted:

This is more general internet news, but people here probably want to know about this

http://blog.comcast.com/2012/05/comcast-to-replace-usage-cap-with-improved-data-usage-management-approaches.html
They have a few paragraphs of marketing expressions to prep the reader for their new plan.
250 GB soft limit with service termination for the top 1% of bandwidth hogs in congested areas being replaced with:
300 GB hard limit + $10/50GB after for all consumers.

E: It's just overselling more of their already over-sold service for your benefit, consumers.

gary oldmans diary fucked around with this message at 21:30 on May 17, 2012

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
That 1% thing always bothered. If every month they're going to cut off the top 1% for being excessive, won't they hit the asymptote of grandmas using 500 mb a month?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
Nonsense, they're giving everyone unlimited data! :downs:

quote:

How has Comcast "killed" its caps? "Each of these pilot approaches will effectively offer unlimited usage of our services because customers will have the ability to buy as much data as they want."

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Does anyone else have a problem connecting SABnzbd to nzbs.org? I set it up in nzbs.org settings, and I'm not using my localhost, but it says it Couldn't contract my queue and won't send nzbs to it

I'm using Firefox on OSX

Shane-O-Mac
May 24, 2006

Keito posted:

Is sabnzbd connected to the server on your Mac as you're trying to set this up?

Yes, but if that could cause a conflict, I think I "force disconnected" on my Mac and tried Ubuntu again. Still no dice.

Syd-
Dec 29, 2006

omg help its lion

Gimperial posted:

Try changing any uppercase characters in your password to lowercase. Not sure about sickbeard but that let me log in to the new interface on the website.

I had to password reset (despite knowing my password) perhaps it was too long?

ambushsabre
Sep 1, 2009

It's...it's not shutting down!
What do you guys recommend in the way of VPNs? It may be a little outside the scope of this thread, but how do they affect the speed of usenet downloads and normal internet usage?

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

ambushsabre posted:

What do you guys recommend in the way of VPNs? It may be a little outside the scope of this thread, but how do they affect the speed of usenet downloads and normal internet usage?

I used Vyprvpn for awhile and I didn't notice a slowdown at all for both usenet and for normal everyday usage.

Sperg Victorious
Mar 25, 2011
I like getting a cheap VPS and using it for an ssh tunnel. StrongVPN sells VPNs for 7 USD a monath which is also pretty cheap. Usually the speed is about the same, but most providers will let you do speed tests.

bl4d3
Jun 18, 2005

My supershakes bring all the goons to the yard of lard.
Don't forget that Giganews' Vyprvpn logs extensively and will hand over your info probably at the drop of a hat. There are probably 'better' VPN providers out there, at least from a log retention perspective.

Sperg Victorious
Mar 25, 2011
Yeah, a lot of people seemed to think that VyprVPN was going to give them a way to download on public bittorrent sites risk free. As though Giganews was going to assume all liability and let you do whatever you wanted using their network.

Crossbar
Jun 16, 2002
Chronic Lurker
Torrentfreak did a good writeup on which VPN providers keep logs -

http://torrentfreak.com/which-vpn-providers-really-take-anonymity-seriously-111007/

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Does anyone know what this error means?
SHOWQUEUE-ADD :: Error trying to add show: maximum recursion depth exceeded

It only happens when I try to add one specific show..I tried adding a few random shows just to see what would happen and they seem to add fine, but the show in particular I'm trying to add gets that error every time.

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

Penetration is the key to success
College Slice

GobiasIndustries posted:

Does anyone know what this error means?
SHOWQUEUE-ADD :: Error trying to add show: maximum recursion depth exceeded

It only happens when I try to add one specific show..I tried adding a few random shows just to see what would happen and they seem to add fine, but the show in particular I'm trying to add gets that error every time.

Is that in sickbeard? It sounds like you have a symbolic link problem.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
I setup CouchPotato Server on my server the other day, played around with it, then killed it since I didn't want to bother migrating over my Wanted list. Now I don't remember what port I configured it to run on. I killed the old CP and restarted CPS, thinking it might be on the same port (5000), but that didn't work. I can't find any config files or anything in the CPS directory either.

How do I find out what port it's on?

Edit: default port is 5050, found it on my server's browsing history. I'm still curious where CPS stores settings, though.

EC fucked around with this message at 14:54 on May 22, 2012

MeKeV
Aug 10, 2010
I have a settings.conf file.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Horn posted:

Is that in sickbeard? It sounds like you have a symbolic link problem.

Oops, yeah, it was in sickbeard. I couldn't figure out what a 'symbolic link problem' was, so I removed all the files in the cache folder as well as deleting the folder with all the video & nfo files, & the show finally added. Is anyone able to explain what happened there (just for curiosity's sake)?

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

:golgo:
EVERYONE EXCEPT THE HOT WOMEN
I keep getting this a lot, but my login for newzbin is fine and I checked it twice in Sickbeard and sabnzbd

ERROR : Newzbin server changed its protocol

I recently topped up, is that the issue?

It works fine if I manually download the nzb and add it, so something in the API is the issue

I added the IP for newzbin2.es to my hosts file under newzbin.com thinking that was the issue, no effect.

Tatsujin fucked around with this message at 11:22 on May 23, 2012

Shane-O-Mac
May 24, 2006

Qouch has been discussed over the last few pages, but I haven't found an answer to my problem yet, which concerns using Qouch with Sickbeard.

I'm using Ubuntu 12.04 with SABnzbd, Sickbeard, and friends. The OS and apps are installed onto a flash drive, with Sickbeard specifically being at "/home/shane/.sickbeard". I've set the apps to download files to an internal hard drive, which is mounted as "/media/large". This drive contains the Downloads folder, Media folder, etc.

In Qouch, I have a server set up which is my Ubuntu machine, at "192.168.1.xx". My Qouch settings for Sickbeard are:

Enabled: On
Use SSL: Off (If I can get this working, great.)
Port Number: 8081
Path: /home/shane/.sickbeard
Username: user
Password: password
API key: apikey

I save all that, then try to access "TV Shows" through Qouch. I get an error saying that I need Sickbeard 491+, or that my server isn't found. This is without SSL. Turning SSL on has its own set of problems...

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

EVERYONE EXCEPT THE HOT WOMEN

Tatsujin posted:

I keep getting this a lot, but my login for newzbin is fine and I checked it twice in Sickbeard and sabnzbd

ERROR : Newzbin server changed its protocol

I recently topped up, is that the issue?

It works fine if I manually download the nzb and add it, so something in the API is the issue

I added the IP for newzbin2.es to my hosts file under newzbin.com thinking that was the issue, no effect.

hm weird, I did

sed -i 's/www.newzbin.com/www.newzbin2.es/g' /usr/share/sabnzbdplus/sabnzbd/newzbin.py

and that fixed it *shrug*

Fcdts26
Mar 18, 2009

Shane-O-Mac posted:

Qouch has been discussed over the last few pages, but I haven't found an answer to my problem yet, which concerns using Qouch with Sickbeard.

I'm using Ubuntu 12.04 with SABnzbd, Sickbeard, and friends. The OS and apps are installed onto a flash drive, with Sickbeard specifically being at "/home/shane/.sickbeard". I've set the apps to download files to an internal hard drive, which is mounted as "/media/large". This drive contains the Downloads folder, Media folder, etc.

In Qouch, I have a server set up which is my Ubuntu machine, at "192.168.1.xx". My Qouch settings for Sickbeard are:

Enabled: On
Use SSL: Off (If I can get this working, great.)
Port Number: 8081
Path: /home/shane/.sickbeard
Username: user
Password: password
API key: apikey

I save all that, then try to access "TV Shows" through Qouch. I get an error saying that I need Sickbeard 491+, or that my server isn't found. This is without SSL. Turning SSL on has its own set of problems...

I left my path blank and it works just fine and I probably have the exact same setup.

dunkan
Jul 10, 2006

rage is everywhere

Nask26 posted:

I left my path blank and it works just fine and I probably have the exact same setup.

What he said, it wants the URL path, not the location on disk. Default is just /.

Shane-O-Mac
May 24, 2006

Nask26 posted:

YES! I swear I tried that first and got an error. Oh well, thanks!

Edit: Any luck with using SSL? If I turn SSL on for Sickbeard, I get the "could not connect to server" screen. Does it even matter whether or not I use SSL?

Edit 2: Man, I'm just having problems out the wazoo. Whenever I restart the Sickbeard service, all my shows and custom providers get deleted from the list. Couch Potato is fine, and I set that up the same way as Sickbeard.

Edit 2a: Hmm, so if I restart Sickbeard through the web browser, my shows and providers get wiped. If I restart through the terminal with "sudo service sickbeard restart" my shows and settings are back. It's not a problem I guess, just something to watch out for.

Shane-O-Mac fucked around with this message at 21:36 on May 24, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishmonger
Jan 26, 2004

This is a title.
Best megathread at SA. Thanks OP & posters. Been awhile since I had used Usenet, thanks for the refresher.