Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

stickyfngrdboy posted:

I don't understand 2). I was certain we'd seen similar situations in YOTR before when a player has scored from open play without shinpads (or a boot or something) and the goal was given, and the player told to sort his pad or boot out before rejoining the game. I don't see why that should change in a penalty situation.

edit: YOTR? YATR obviously...

The others are always where a boot or whatever has come off during play. I guess that's the difference.

I wonder is that John Scales the former player?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

pik_d posted:

Why the gently caress not?

Because you're not. Your powers and duties begin and end with the match in front of you. And there's always a chance that you're wrong and his suspension doesn't start until tomorrow, or next week, or it's a different John Smith who's under suspension.

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

1) The second ball is an outside agent, disallow the goal and restart with a dropped ball on the 6 (assuming the ball was inside the box when the second was kicked in). Punch ballboy in the face.

2) Caution the kisser for unsporting behavior. Have a word and calm down the kissee, but I don't think you'd need to caution him as well for the push unless he was using excessive force. Restart with the original free kick.

3) I'm tempted to say that you could ignore the potential advantage since you haven't actually given it yet and blow for the original foul, but that feels like it might be rewarding the striker for handling the ball. I have to imagine that, the offenses occurring more or less simultaneously, I would punish the more serious and give the free kick to the defense. I am not confident whatsoever that this is correct.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
1) Kick the ball boy in the face, drop ball restart.

2) Caution both players. I personally would send the first player off and caution the second, but that's probably unfair.

3) Free-kick attacking side, caution for defender. He fouled the lad, and the first offence must be given. You can't send a player off if you've played the advantage, and by letting play continue long enough to let the attacker handle it, you played on. You should caution the attacker for the handball, too.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

Lamont Cranston posted:

1) Drop ball restart from 6 yard box, mention in match report, punch ball boy.

2) Yellow for unsporting behaviour, red for violent conduct. Mention in match report.

3) Freekick to attacking team, red card defender if it's deemed :siren:DOGSO:siren: otherwise a yellow for a professional foul. I'd say red but that's just me.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
In 2) how do you know the player is not just trying to 'kiss and make up'? Kick homophobia out of football imo, red card the second player and commend the first for his progressive attitude.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)
1. Drop ball due to outside agent.

2. Send them both off. Yeah it's just a kiss, but grabbing his face is violent enough for me.

3. Free kick for the defense. My logic is that playing advantage does not throw the rules out of the window. If the attacker had turned around and kicked the defender, you you still send him off. Now, for the defender, I'm thinking only yellow. If he had been successful, it'd be DOGSO. But since the attacker was a champ, he wasn't denied, right?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

stickyfngrdboy posted:

1) Kick the ball boy in the face, drop ball restart.

2) Caution both players. I personally would send the first player off and caution the second, but that's probably unfair.

3) Free-kick attacking side, caution for defender. He fouled the lad, and the first offence must be given. You can't send a player off if you've played the advantage, and by letting play continue long enough to let the attacker handle it, you played on. You should caution the attacker for the handball, too.

You can play advantage through a red card offense if there's an immediate goal scoring opportunity. Not sure what immediate means in terms of having to round the keeper but I think you could red card the defender in this situation if you really wanted to.

1) Make the ball boy sit with the attacking teams subs after you disallow the goal

2) Is pushing hard in the chest a red card offense? I don't think it is. Yellow to both, play original restart.

3) Red defender, yellow attacker, free kick to offense.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

1. Drop ball restart, kick ball boy in balls. Put into match report.
2. Yellow card to both, caution first player for not slipping some tongue.
3. Yellow to both, free kick because you were playing advantage for the first offence.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

pik_d posted:

You can play advantage through a red card offense if there's an immediate goal scoring opportunity. Not sure what immediate means in terms of having to round the keeper but I think you could red card the defender in this situation if you really wanted to.

I could be wrong there, yep, but I just assumed the advantage ruled out any red card. I thought the immediate goal thing was more if a player had, say, handled on the line and you play on to let an attacker slot it in unimpeded, or something along those lines. Then you should send off (I did this once, made a great diving save and then it fell to the other lad's right boot and he scored. I was booked, and I should've been sent off*edit*. The other lot went mental. I had the assist for our late winner too :smug:).

Maybe it's only if a goal has been scored, idk. I'll stick with caution but I expect you to be right and me not.

Edit: I got booked when I should've been sent off is what I meant to say.

stickyfngrdboy fucked around with this message at 12:20 on May 19, 2012

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

foobardog posted:

If he had been successful, it'd be DOGSO. But since the attacker was a champ, he wasn't denied, right?

Yes, this is correct. The comic that comes to mind is where the defender on the goal line instinctively grabs the ball, but then throws it into the net and is therefore not dismissed because he did not deny the goal. Worst the defender gets here is a caution for a "professional foul".

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.

Lamont Cranston posted:

1)No goal, punch the ballboy and reset play.
2)Punch both of them and give them yellows.
3)Handball is a handball so punch the striker and give him and the defender a yellow card.

E4C85D38
Feb 7, 2010

Doesn't that thing only
hold six rounds...?

1. Dropped ball from point of interference, look the other way while the ball boy is thrown to the attacking team's ultras.
  2. Demand they consummate their love on the pitch; if they refuse, book them both for blue balls unsporting behavior. (The receiving player probably doesn't deserve a yellow card, but I have a feeling that's how Hackett will rule it.)
  3. Book all misconducts and give a free kick to the defence from point where the handling of the ball occurred.

That middle panel just looks bizarre on a very basic, primal level. If you take out the blue player it looks like the red one is imitating a monkey.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
1) No goal, drop ball, report to the FA.

2) I'm pretty sure a kiss on the lips would be considered a "clashing of heads". Any contact above the chest (neck and up) is pretty much an instant red, seeing as it was very deliberate. Two pushes to the chest is probably yellow worthy.

3) I'd give the free kick and send off the defender. If the striker had proper control of the ball he wouldn't have had to handle it, therefore you was wrong to consider it an advantage, seeing as it took a hand ball to actually make an opportunity.

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

Lamont Cranston posted:

1: Punch the ballboy in the face repeatedly. As for the result of that goalmouth scramble, dropped ball from the last place you knew the game ball was. Report the incident to the league.

2: Yellow card each way for unsportsmanlike conduct. Report the incident to the league.

3: Yellow card to the defender for unsportsmanlike conduct, free kick to the attacking team from where the attempted trip was.

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

Keith Hackett posted:

1) Disallow the goal – the spare ball is an outside agent which has clearly interfered with play. Summon the stadium manager to have the ballboy relieved of his duties, and restart play with a dropped ball at an appropriate point on the six-yard line parallel to the goalline. Include the incident in your report after the game. Thanks to David J Corkill.
2) The fact that both players squared up and brought their heads together in a confrontational way is unacceptable, as is what happened next. Show the kisser a red card for a gesture that can be deemed "offensive, insulting and/or abusive", and the pusher a red card for "using excessive force" – violent conduct. Thanks to Harry Corlett.
3) You have not signalled advantage, so penalise the first offence, the foul by the defender. But this is not a red card situation: it was not an obvious goalscoring opportunity because the forward needed to control the ball with his hand. So restart with a direct free-kick to the attacking team just outside the penalty area. Caution the defender if you deemed the challenge reckless. Tim Travelstead wins the shirt.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Lamont Cranston posted:

Show the kisser a red card for a gesture that can be deemed "offensive, insulting and/or abusive",

Let's kick homophobia out of football

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

pik_d posted:

Let's kick homophobia out of football

It's sexual harassment...

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Ras Het posted:

It's sexual harassment...

It was a joke

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

1. Play advantage, award the goal, and book him.
2. Goal, laugh at keeper.
3. The linesman doesn't make decisions, you do. Award the goal.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

1. Award goal, yellow. Laugh at defender.
2. Goal. gently caress your goalposts, dude.
3. Award goal, reach for pocket and tell the players crowding you to gently caress off unless they all want to be carded.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
1) Goal, caution defender

2) Fabien Barthez once did exactly this for Man Utd, against Leicester I think (Muzzy Izzet maybe?), and amazingly the ref made the penalty be retaken (which Barthez saved). I'll say retake.

3) Play to the whistle, lad. Goal. Put it in your report, punch liner in the face.

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.
1. Goal, tell the defender to loving pay attention to what I'm doing and that maybe this is the only way he'll learn.

2. Goal, tell the goalkeeper to loving pay attention to what I'm doing and that maybe this is the only way he'll learn.

3. Goal, lose tether, demand that all players, substitutes and staff gather in the centre circle as you scream "loving PAY ATTENTION TO ME AND WHAT I'M DOING YOU ASSHOLES"

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Number 2 is your fault as a ref so you retake it and hope nobody important was watching

Sonic H
Dec 8, 2004

Me love you long time
1) No goal - the defender does not have permission to enter play and is therefore deemed "out of play". As such, the striker is offside. Blow for offside and book the defender for being a dopey oval office.

2) Goal. Your whistle denotes play has commenced. If the keeper wants to go walkies, that's his bag.

3) Goal. Play to the whistle motherfuckers.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
1. No goal. The defender shouldn't have been on the pitch. Book him and start with drop ball.

2. Goal, play to the whistle.

3. No goal. It's offside as soon as the lino raises his flag, afaik.

stickyfngrdboy posted:

2) Fabien Barthez once did exactly this for Man Utd, against Leicester I think (Muzzy Izzet maybe?), and amazingly the ref made the penalty be retaken (which Barthez saved). I'll say retake.

Howard Webb, was it?

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

1. Stop play, caution the defender, IDFK for the attacking side.

2. Goal. Calmly remind the keeper that he must play the whistle, then punch him in the face. Punch yourself in the face if you really blew the whistle without checking that both players were in place.

3. Remind the players to play the goddamn whistle and then punch them all in the face. Tell your assistant to grow a pair and start being a little more decisive.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

I want to know why my assistant is waving an oversized Cornish pasty around.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Offside questions are no fun, there's two this week.

No goal

Goal, you've blown for it

Goal, play the whistle

Sonic H
Dec 8, 2004

Me love you long time

Trin Tragula posted:

I want to know why my assistant is waving an oversized Cornish pasty around.

That's clearly a Cheese and Ham slice :colbert:

Iohannes
Aug 17, 2004

FREEEEEEEEEDOM
1) Award the goal, the attacking side have a clear advantage and then caution the defender for re-entering without permission. Let his teammates punch him in the face.
2) You award the goal, the goalkeeper infringed Law 14 by moving off his line before the kick had been taken (the goalkeeper must remain on his line facing the penalty taker) and as a goal was scored, it stands. It would only be retaken if the attacking side missed the goal. Punch Barthez in the face.
3) You play the whistle. The linesman is there to indicate when an infraction has taken place, only the ref can stop the game for that infraction. Punch the linesman in the face for being fickle.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)
1. Show the defender a yellow for entering the field of play without your permission. The striker is offside, free kick to the defense. Get shivved in the parking lot after the match.

2. Hmm. I would probably retake the kick if I just forgot to check the keeper was ready. That's my fault. If I told him I was ready and he was an idiot and didn't listen, then goal.

3. I hadn't blown, and players should play to the whistle. Goal. I'll still yell at the AR for loving up, and write it in the match report.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
2. Retake the kick, but, to be fair, have the keeper and striker switch places. Show the striker a red for DOGSO if he uses his hands to block the kick.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
1. caution defender, indirect free kick to attacking side
2. not enough info. if the goalkeeper was standing on his goal line near the center of the posts, goal. if he was walking around and not facing the striker when you blew the whistle you're a horrid poo poo ref, retake
3. punch entire team in the face

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.

1)Goal stands and punch the defender for not paying attention.
2)Goal and punch the Goal Keeper for not paying attention.
3)Goal stands and punch the players for not paying attention.
In short not paying attention will get you punch.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
They're all goals imo, you play to the whistle and laugh at the lovely defender and goalkeeper who cost their team because they're stupid. If you've whistled for the penalty to be taken and the goalkeeper chooses to walk along his line towards the post, the striker is within his rights to slot it home.

But really, your first priority should be getting neck shortening surgery for Joe Hart.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
A mate of mine pointed out that Barthez was already knocking his boots on the post when the ref (D'urso) blew the whistle, so in that case the ref was at fault. Goal, then.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
The first one is definitely not a goal. As the ref you're the one who decides when players can enter or leave the pitch. If you ordered him off in the first place to get treatment and then he runs back on before you allow him to (whether he thinks you waved him on or not) then he's illegally on the pitch and therefore the opposing striker is not really onside. Play needs to be stopped for a drop ball and caution the defender.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Pretty straightforward this week.

quote:

1) He's going to be punished twice. The defender is considered part of the game even if he re-enters without your signal – so, as the second-last opponent, he is indeed playing the striker onside. Award the goal, then show the defender a yellow card for entering the field without permission.

2) It's your duty at a penalty to make sure that: a) the taker is clearly identified; b) the keeper is standing on the goal line between the posts, facing the kicker; and c) the other players are outside the penalty area and at least ten yards from the ball. In this case, all of those applied, and, having signalled for the kick to be taken, you now have to award the goal. You also need to show the keeper a yellow card for his attempt to delay the restart.

3) As any eight-year-old will tell you, you have to play to the whistle. You award offside and all other decisions, and players should know you have the final say in all decisions including offside. That said, make sure you are seen to have a word with your assistant: he needs to be clearer in his signals and decision making.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiskiggy
Feb 15, 2005

You have impressed FFCiv with your turn time!
They turn a blind eye to the turn times of other civilizations, and your Influence over them has increased by 40.
It's interesting how often these answers end with a drop ball restart, given that I don't think I've ever seen one televised. I have vague memories of some indirect free kicks given.

• Locked thread