Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slightpirate
Dec 26, 2006
i am the dance commander

joe944 posted:

YES! YOTJ has finally landed upon my doorsteps.

Had my second interview today and before I finished the commute home I received a phone call with an offer for the job with a 42% raise over what I'm making now.

No more entry level BS, I'll be an actual Jr. Sysadmin supporting a very large infrastructure of websites. The culture seems to promote to Sr. level positions from within, which I should find myself achieving pretty quickly I imagine.

I can't wait to hand in my 2 weeks notice.

loving A man! Congrats! Curiously are you want to turn in the standard "hey I'm not going to be coming back in two weeks" notice, or more of a "I've decided to leave this company to pursue my life long dream to be a pirate on the open seas!" notice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fastbreak
Jul 4, 2002
Don't worry, I had ten bucks.

Dolemite posted:

Trying this again since I'm really getting demoralized. It seems like in the Tampa area, if you don't know .NET, Java, Oracle, or SAP, you're unemployable. Please prove me wrong! :(

My Experience: 2-3 years of web and application development. I specialize in PHP, but am totally willing to sit down with a book for a week and learn whatever language(s) a company would want me to learn. I learn fast. I also have experience in developing mobile apps for the Android platform and with MySQL, PostgreSQL, and DB2 database systems on the back end.

Outside of development, I have also done some CJ-ing and can manage IIS and LAMP servers. All thrown in with some Linux scripting.

Education/Certifications: Bachelor's in Information Technology.

What I'm looking for: Web, software, application development.

What I'm NOT looking for: Network administration, Hell desk, CJ-ing, QA or testing type jobs

Where I live: Tampa Bay area

Where I'm looking: Tampa Bay / Clearwater

When I can start: I can start in two weeks after accepting the offer to give my current employer a heads up.

Requirements: Permanent, full time employment. Health, dental, vision insurance. 401k. I'm a new dad, so I can't do much travel or real overtime/on-call.

Can be reached via: e-mail me at jmgolz AT GMAIL DOT COM

No, seriously, hire me! I'm getting frustrated seeing all these developer jobs that I don't currently have the required skills for. I know I could pick up whatever the company wants in no time flat. Unfortunately, I'm not seeing any ads for developers that don't know the skills but are willing to learn. :(

For what it's worth, he is actually a really good candidate and I am trying to get him in for an interview, but we are trying to get things on paper worked out.

joe944
Jan 31, 2004

What does not destroy me makes me stronger.

slightpirate posted:

loving A man! Congrats! Curiously are you want to turn in the standard "hey I'm not going to be coming back in two weeks" notice, or more of a "I've decided to leave this company to pursue my life long dream to be a pirate on the open seas!" notice?

I went the standard, professional route. Short resignation letter with a quick thank you and left the more emotional stuff to in-person.

slightpirate
Dec 26, 2006
i am the dance commander
Cross postin' from the resume thread. I'd like some notes on this, if you all would be so kind.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/78477762/draft_Goonedits2.docx

vty
Nov 8, 2007

oh dott, oh dott!

slightpirate posted:

Cross postin' from the resume thread. I'd like some notes on this, if you all would be so kind.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/78477762/draft_Goonedits2.docx

That resume does not flow well at all. You have half of the page to spread it out and provide your reader some breathing room between topics, give them that.

Also, I would suggest against being as specific as "Reset user passwords in Active Directory" and go for more of an abstract "Assisted users with day to day Active Directory/LDAP issues." Those of us who manage helpdesk/engineers are well aware of the day to day operations that a help desk is likely dealing with, but you're likely doing a disservice to yourself because that sounds like the whole of your AD experience when I'm sure it's not (or maybe it is).

I also hate the font. Or the font size. I don't know, something really hurts my eyes when reading it.

vty fucked around with this message at 20:03 on May 10, 2012

Zorro KingOfEngland
May 7, 2008

- edited out -

Zorro KingOfEngland fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Mar 26, 2013

indigoe
Jul 29, 2003

gonna steal the show, you know it ain't no crime
What are are looking for?
Level 3 Support. Your primary role will be assisting the developers of iPhone and Android apps to integrate our SDK and other advertising solutions so that they can launch their apps. In addition, you will be the technical go-to person for the team, looking after the general systems and software requirements. You need to be familiar with Android, iPhone and web development (LAMP stack).

Who are we?
We are a fast growing ad network with main focus on mobile. We have recently opened our second office in LA to provide 24 hour global coverage. Our primary office is in Sydney, Australia.

Where are we?
LA, West Hollywood

How do I apply?
PM me please with any questions.

Anything else I should know?
May include a weekend of on-call every 5-6 weeks. You will be the first (only) tech person at this office.

indigoe
Jul 29, 2003

gonna steal the show, you know it ain't no crime
What are are looking for?
PHP Web Developer/Guru
• A background in enterprise web server development on Linux/Unix
• Strong commercial experience with PHP/ MYSQL
• Proven exposure to standard Web development with a broad knowledge of web technologies including XML, JSON, HTML, CSS Javascript
• Solid understanding of the principles and tools of professional web development (SVN, MVC, SDLC)

Familiarity with Code-Igniter, ability to work with peers and being comfortable with an extreme programming environment will help you succeed.

Additionally experience with AWS, cloud computing and working with massive databases is a plus.

Who are we?
We are a fast growing ad network with main focus on mobile. We have recently opened our second office in LA to provide 24 hour global coverage. Our primary office is in Sydney, Australia.

Where are we?
Sydney, Australia

How do I apply?
PM me please with any questions.

Dolemite
Jun 30, 2005

Fastbreak posted:

For what it's worth, he is actually a really good candidate and I am trying to get him in for an interview, but we are trying to get things on paper worked out.

Most definitely appreciate the Hiring Goon Seal of Approval. :)

baronmasochist
Jan 17, 2004

colors
What are we looking for?
We are looking for Android and Unity3D Developers to join a team working on a SDK being used in some really popular mobile games. We're looking for candidates with demonstrable experience getting apps released onto Google Play and testing for compatibility across a wide spectrum of devices.

Who are we?
We're a startup in the mobile space that provides an SDK for game developers to integrate announcements and cross promotion into their games and maximize the value of these placements in real-time. Our technology currently serves iOS and Android devices. It's really fascinating stuff and we're aiming to grow significantly this year.

Where are we?
Our company is split between Portland and San Francisco: most of the SDK team is in San Francisco. We'll consider anyone presently or considering a move to either office.

How do I apply
PM me or post in the thread.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

baronmasochist posted:

Mobile Apps

Can you please send me an email to chad.goding@gmail.com to discuss this position?

e: bad at bbcode

Soldat
Jan 22, 2008
my name is soldat and I get respect, your cash and your jewelery is what I expect
I'm really new at this, so I'm just going to put my situation out there.

I graduated and got my Bachelors Degree in Computer Science in 2009 from a fairly prestigious private liberal arts college. My GPA wasn't great, it was around the 2.9 area, but higher when only CS classes are looked at. Upon graduation, I immediately joined the military infantry where I served with a special operations unit that I worked hard to get in to. To get into this unit, I attended and completed a number of schools that have NOTHING to do with computers (save a ton of radio/communication courses).

I deployed to southern Afghanistan in June 2011. I'm sitting here now with a broken neck (C2 Dens fracture) after my vehicle was hit. I'm very lucky to be alive, and even luckier to retain full use of my arms and legs, and in 6 months I will be 100% recovered (so I'm told). Enough about that.

For the time being, I'm stuck here with an internet connection and a lot of time on my hands. The military branch I'm a part of has a strong program to help me write my federal resume covering everything I've accomplished since I joined. I'm not trying to brag, but it is impressive. I also know it has nothing to do with the job I'm trying to get when I get out (something relating to computer science).

My question is this: Am I in deep poo poo for finding an entry level job? I learn quickly, and used to work well with SQL, JAVA, and some C++, though it has been some time since I've been doing that. I am basically looking for someone compassionate to help me letting me know what I should do to prepare myself to attain an entry level job relating to computer science with a high starting salary. As far as my enjoyment, what I like/want to do with computers...that can be ignored for the time being. I'm simply going to want a job I can do and will get paid for when I recover, and end my term of service shortly after. I have my reasons for not wanting to enjoy..I've seen how bad things can be, and whatever I'll be stuck doing I can stick out before deciding to move on and find something else. I know how bad it can be, no job involving can be as bad and pay as low as what I've been doing for the last 4 years.

Sorry for the life story. Any help on this I would be greatly appreciative. Also know that any information you can give will be helping a wounded veteran who will be speechless with joy at getting some good help at getting my life together when I get out in six months or a little longer. Thanks in advance.

quick edit: I can move anywhere, but I think I'm going to head back to Minnesota and find work there.
Another edit as was just brought up: I do have a TS

Soldat fucked around with this message at 06:58 on May 18, 2012

vty
Nov 8, 2007

oh dott, oh dott!

Soldat posted:

.mil

You've got 6 months, so I'd suggest you work on getting certified in some of the skill sets that you'd like to work with. It won't completely make up for experience, but if you've got that much time to dedicate to it non-stop you can learn an incredible amount.

You mentioned SQL- the new MSSQL 2012 MCSA is out and available, that would be a fantastic start into a DBA position if that still interests you, http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/cert-sql-server-mcsa.aspx

Large webhosts such as Rackspace have small teams of DBAs that their sysadmin groups use for critical or extremely specific issues.

I'm assuming that you have a TSSC. If you move into a military town (Norfolk, Tysons Corner, DC, etc, a lot of places that suck) and get a run of the mill sysadmin cert (MCITP, RHCE) you'll have absolutely no problem finding a good paying job. When I was a kid I had to leave Norfolk (thank god) because every IT position required a TSSC/TS.

Best of luck to you.

Citizen Z
Jul 13, 2009

~Hanzo Steel~

Soldat posted:

:words:

Your situation almost exactly matches our Commvault guy's. Except his injuries were from a bad jump and he didn't bother to work on certs while convalescing. And has an MIS instead of CS(As he puts it: access, excel and a whole lot of useless). He got on with the merits of vet+4 yr degree. Defense contractors love that poo poo.

Soldat
Jan 22, 2008
my name is soldat and I get respect, your cash and your jewelery is what I expect

Citizen Z posted:

Your situation almost exactly matches our Commvault guy's. Except his injuries were from a bad jump and he didn't bother to work on certs while convalescing. And has an MIS instead of CS(As he puts it: access, excel and a whole lot of useless). He got on with the merits of vet+4 yr degree. Defense contractors love that poo poo.

If you don't mind, what exactly/specifically do you mean by defense contractors?

AutoArgus
Jun 24, 2009
If you've still got any level of security clearance make sure you maintain that, its drat near money in the bank with government contractors. Certified, educated, and cleared for TS? You should be able to combine those nicely. Raytheon for instance has offices all over and is constantly looking for entry level and above developers with clearance.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Soldat posted:

If you don't mind, what exactly/specifically do you mean by defense contractors?

Northrup, Lockheed, HP, General Dynamics, and countless smaller firms that all providing staffing either directly for the government in lieu of federal employees, or work on developing technology for use by the DoD, NSA, CIA, etc. Developers have a pretty easy time finding jobs in either part of the industry, whereas IT tends to be in much higher demand on the staffing side. Either way, with a TS/SCI you could potentially be looking at 60-80k/yr starting depending upon where you live.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

vty posted:

You mentioned SQL- the new MSSQL 2012 MCSA is out and available, that would be a fantastic start into a DBA position if that still interests you, http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/cert-sql-server-mcsa.aspx

This isn't actually out yet, but will be soon.

In normal Microsoft fashion, any prep materials will take 6-12 months to appear and be terrible. Hell, for SQL 2008 they never even wrote any books for some of the SQL tests.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Maneki Neko posted:

This isn't actually out yet, but will be soon.

In normal Microsoft fashion, any prep materials will take 6-12 months to appear and be terrible. Hell, for SQL 2008 they never even wrote any books for some of the SQL tests.

Publication dates for the 461 / 462 / 463 training manuals on SQL 2k12 appear to be september.

Citizen Z
Jul 13, 2009

~Hanzo Steel~

Soldat posted:

What Psydude said.

Though my company is more of a general government contractor than a straight up defense contractor(We do a lot of R&D and sciency poo poo), it's all really the same pool.

There are ups and downs to it, but we do get all the federal holidays and the benefits are good. I'm lucky enough to be support staff as opposed to do direct work for clients.

chedemefedeme
May 25, 2007

Until then I need your help
figuring out the logistics!
An update: Our Austin Texas position was filled (non goon, thanks craigslist) but we've still got a tech retail management opening in Victoria, Texas. Hit us up. (original post a page or two back by me)

Edit: Tech retail != best buy. Believe it or not there is more in tech retail than best buy. We're not particularly looking for best buy caliber folks either. We're a Texas owned company doing our own thing looking for high quality people to manage our technology stores.

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.
My experience: 6 years supporting the Windows administrators at the customers of an EMR software company, 4 years before that at a University help desk
What I'm looking for: Windows/Citrix/VMWare admin, enterprise software support
What I'm NOT looking for:
Where I live: Madison, WI
Where I'm looking: SF Bay Area (don't need relocation assistance and will fly out for interviews on my own dime if necessary)
When I can start: Whenever + 1 month notice
Requirements: Full time employment, salary in line with current
Can be reached via: PM, jrbraatz at google's mail service

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Job has been filled now.

Quote-Unquote fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jun 6, 2012

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Any Swedish goons have a need for an entry-level developer? If so, I'd like to talk. Can PM me here, or dleb669 at gmail.com

Flu Roo
Apr 13, 2010

Looking for a freelance graphic designer and front/back end developer for a job submission board for a budding construction company.

Scoping this with one goon already, but wanted to see if anyone else had some free bandwidth for an upcoming project. If this sounds like your bag, please PM me.

Flu Roo fucked around with this message at 20:52 on May 21, 2012

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

MJP posted:

Who are we?
A managed services provider in Manhattan. We provide IT services for a broad range of companies and industries, from three-person trading and import operations to nationwide enterprise consumer products manufacturing and distribution. Desktop support and helpdesky stuff are going to be a bunch of what you do, but there's plenty of systems administration work that you'll be doing too. Lots of VMware, Exchange, and Cisco VPN/Sonicwall.

Where are we?
The Garment District of Manhattan, between Port Authority and Penn Station. Easily accessible from either as well as mass transit.

What are we looking for?
Help desk, sysadmin types - if you have done your time as helpdesk and desktop support, and have some server knowledge, this is a great way to expand your knowledge. Gotta be good on the phones and presentable in person, as the position will have you going onsite occasionally.

We're 90% Windows, 10% Mac products - mostly Outlook/Entourage issues and the occasional Iphone/Ipad email setup or wireless network issue on that end. The majority of our servers are still on 2k3 but we're putting 2k8 out wherever possible. XP and 7 desktops with a very small Vista smattering.

How do I apply?
Forward me your resume at mjpbyron at gmail dot com or PM me a link to your Word or Acrobat resume.

Anything else I should know?
The usual disclaimers about all manner of end user skill sets apply. I've traded reminiscences about DOS with clients, had to troubleshoot database applications coded in Foxpro, rescued Blackberries, recovered hard drives, migrated mailboxes, managed SMTP relays, toyed with staticing out DHCP leases, all kinds of stuff.

You're limited only by what you want to take on; ambition and desire to learn new skills are definitely encouraged.

Training materials are covered as are cert exam costs. You get a $100 bonus for every cert exam you pass.

This is a really good working environment. We work hard, but we're all very laid back. There is near zero stupid corporate BS. It's a great place to be. We're growing a lot and this position is a newly-created one.

Biz cas dress code, no casual Fridays unfortunately, but it's a good place to be. Health, dental, vision, 401k. 10 vacation days, 5 sick, 3 personal, the six big federal holidays off.

We do have transit reimbursement for commuters and for any onsites. Quarterly bonuses for overtime and projects.

Edit: there is no relocation budget and the position is going to require in-person interviews. I don't think they'll mind if you have to move here for it or fly out/take the train for interviews, but there won't be compensation for it. :-(

Edit 2: If you've got a Help Desk background I'd love to hear from you as well!

Just posting again that we're open for level 2 engineers - phone/remote support of the above and the occasional onsite for clients.

If you've got a helpdesk/support background and you'd like a bump up in responsibility with a chance to grow yourself and your skill set, shoot me your resume. PM or mjpbyron at gmail dot com.

Bob Jones
Mar 6, 2007
Nerve Stapled

Two One position:

What are we looking for?

Mid-Level Linux Administrator (3 Day Shift 13H – Day Time)
Primary duties include:
• Handling change requests and incidents from DBAs (mostly Oracle on RHEL – you only will deal with the RHEL part)
• Handling change requests and incidents from Schools/Departments internal IT that have contracts or enterprise agreements with us
• Doing a ton of routine RHEL administration and setting up/retiring servers – if you are good at creating scripts to automate this stuff or are masterful at software that does this stuff you can probably gain the respect of your peers very fast
• Being part of a constant and sometimes overwhelming series of projects

Essential Requirements:
Nothing too fancy - RHEL/General Linux administration and scripting skills. Be able to communicate and work with DBAs who can be a bit unreasonable. Be able to communicate and work effectively with IT staff from outside of the department. Be willing to speak up and research innovations. Linux has only been around for a few years, so there is plenty of optimization to be done. Being incredibly patient when you have to touch every server to change something because the centralization isn’t there or some other byzantine reason is rather important.

Helpful if you know anything about working in an environment with blades and or VMWare.

Mid-Level Windows Administrator
Filled.

Who are we?
A university in New York.

Where are we?
New York, NY

How do I apply?
Send your information to bobjones.sa at gmail. Note: I am not the hiring manager but I have a good deal of influence in this process. Also, while I can certainly nudge the hiring manager, a formal and large HR department that is like every other large HR department will still screen you. They will filter you over many things, and you need their approval to get any formal movement. Have a well-made resume.

Bob Jones fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jun 13, 2012

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
I'll ask here too, didn't get much of a reply in BFC:

Gothmog1065 posted:

I guess this is the best place to ask, but I had a job interview about 3 weeks ago. I felt it went really well, they told me to call back the following Wednesday, which I did. The recruiter said that they were going through a phase where the IT Director left, and they were sorting that out, which is fine. She said that it would take a bit to get that sorted out but she wanted me to come in for a second interview.

Should I wait for them to call back, or should I call and check in on the job? If I call in, how long should I wait?

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Gothmog1065 posted:

I'll ask here too, didn't get much of a reply in BFC:

I would call. Let them know you are interested bla bla bla.

Showing interest isn't a bad thing. Just don't harass them.

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

If its a job I'm interested, I generally give two weeks between fairly positive contacts (unless told it will be longer in the first place) and then email/call:

quote:

Hi, I wanted to follow up with you on the blah blah position, and if there had been any movement on it?
Thanks!

That either reminds them to tell me that:
They're considering other candidates
They want to have another interview on the phone/in person
The hiring manager is on long term medical leave (Really wanted this one too :()
They've cancelled the position
They've still got to wait because "public university".

piss boner
May 17, 2003

Soldat posted:

I do have a TS

Send me a PM if/when ya want to start looking, probably find you something with just the degree and TS.

slightpirate
Dec 26, 2006
i am the dance commander
I need to YOTJ so drat bad. I saw my boss's rage this morning.. I'm willing to continue working hell desk somewhere else, if I can just get away from where I'm at now.

Omaha/Bellevue/Council Bluff goons, I'm looking at you. I've gotten some direction and I'm ready to apply to any drat job paying reasonable money. I don't need to make a fortune. I just want to put a roof over my head and food on the table for me and my girlfriend.

I've got 5 years experience in the help desk, no proper certifications, but a good heart and mind for doing quality work. I don't have any practical coding experience, but I'm willing to learn whatever it takes to get a position secured. Any and all advice/assistance/directions is greatly appreciated.

Here's the formal stuff..
My experience: 5 years in an internal help desk environment. calls covered everything from password resets, network issues, machines literally on fire.
Resume:My Resume
What I'm looking for: Windows
What I'm NOT looking for:
Where I live: Topeka, KS
Where I'm looking: Omaha/Bellevue, NE / Council Bluffs, IA
When I can start:In perfect world, I'd pay off my roommate for summer bills, and be available inside of a month. Realistically, mid-late July. Possibly sooner if I can get a week off in July for a family business trip.
Requirements: Full time employment, salary in line with current I'm currently making about 35k/year
Can be reached via: PM, digitalnative00 on AIM or russell.d.paulsen through gmail

vvvvvv patience and grace. I'm too stubborn to quit. I've tried to get out of here to other local places, but its just not happening. I need to move several hours from my hometown and start things up with my lady. This will be a big, and possibly critical move for me.

slightpirate fucked around with this message at 22:24 on May 25, 2012

Ganon
May 24, 2003
That's a long fuckin time to work helpdesk, don't know how you've done it without killing someone :negative:

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Re-posting to expand my range. Please email me for a resume and more thorough list of qualifications

My experience: 1.5 years doing software development, 2 years doing onsite IT/Help desk (worked full time while getting my degree )
Education: B.S Computer Science
What I'm looking for: A job that has me doing either development, IT, or technical writing
What I'm NOT looking for: help desk
Where I live: Northeast Wisconsin
Where I'm looking: Anywhere except the Southeast
When I can start: July 1st
Requirements: Health insurance, full time
Can be reached via: chad.goding AT gmail DOT com

Johnny Five-Jaces fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jun 4, 2012

Soldat
Jan 22, 2008

piss boner posted:

Send me a PM if/when ya want to start looking, probably find you something with just the degree and TS.

Thank you so much, I'll definitely do that when they decide to either MEB me or let me ETS. I'm surprised I thought a lot of focus would be on the fact that I would be entry level. I was just going to hope for a patriotic employer.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Not a job, but I thought this was a really clear-eyed write up of the contract worker/brain for hire space:
http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2012/05/28/channel_techy/

vty
Nov 8, 2007

oh dott, oh dott!
I've done a lot of hiring from here and gotten a few guys work/interviews with some pretty cool places, if anyone around Austin (I'll leave, but I'm really picky) is looking for a syseng/netadmin jack of all trades type with tons of hosting/MSA experience let me know. I've been with RAX, HG, defense firms, etc., I've got incredible references. I'm definitely better at win systems, but I've done it all, and if I can't do it I'll buy my JNCIE/ORA buddies a few beers and they'll do it for me (actually we'll 1099 them but that's semantics).

I'm not interested in large corps (Lockheed Martin wasn't fun). I'm hoping some awesome game/app-dev firm full of people who don't know how to run a vsphere cluster need someone to deal with the 24-7-365 (7-9's!) muck. I'm completely willing to sacrifice some pay if it means I can ride my bike to work and run around in shorts and sandals and not brown khakis.

I think a coworker of mine may have upset a big client right before renewal and we may be losing them soon. Which means my boss probably can't afford me anymore. Everything must go (starring vty and not Will Farrel this time)!

vty fucked around with this message at 02:03 on May 30, 2012

Wiggly
Aug 26, 2000

Number one on the ice, number one in my heart
Fun Shoe
Reposting this from a while back. Looking hard in the Denver CO area. My wife is about to be unemployed so this would be a good time make the move from CA to CO

My experience: 12 years as system admin for a small company. Sole IT person with the exception of consultant that does the heavy SQL coding stuff. All Windows clients, Windows Server NT to 2008. SQL Server 7 to 2008, Exchange 2003, AD, Group Policy, WSUS, Virtual Server, etc. Dell server and desktop hardware mostly. A little bit of everything.
What I'm looking for: Something similar, but maybe part of a team this time.
What I'm NOT looking for: Tier 1 Help Desk
Where I live: Long Beach, CA
Where I'm looking: Denver CO area.
When I can start: I would need to give notice, so 2-4 weeks.
Requirements: Health insurance, full time
Can be reached via: username AT chasbo DOT com

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
Okay, so while we're still hiring for the role at my job that's helpdesk/sysadmin, goons should be well advised that the new manager has a whiteboard which currently bears the following at the top, in red, for all to see:

quote:

It's not the strongest species that will live, nor the most intelligent, but the most responsive to chainge. -Darwin

(Emphasis in the original)

Goons be advised that while I'm more than happy to submit you, you'll have a boss who seriously and unironically does stuff like this. I leave that to you to judge for yourselves without comment from me. I'm available via email or PM if you have questions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slightpirate
Dec 26, 2006
i am the dance commander
Due to a 'department restructure' my position doesn't exist. effective immediately.