Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I get what they wanted to do (Make the logo in the buildings look like his wings somehow) but it doesn't really work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

Zedd posted:

I get what they wanted to do (Make the logo in the buildings look like his wings somehow) but it doesn't really work.

Well, it's just their Batman logo, and then they slapped him onto it, trying to get his ears to line up with the logo's. Pretty drat lazy. Wasn't that same poster the first teaser poster for the film, just without the absurd tagline and orange filter and Batman?

I actually liked it the very moment I saw it, but then after half a second I was like, "wait, that is utter poo poo."

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Wait, who is Tom Hardy playing in the new Batman movie? And why is Tom Hardy suddenly in everything all of a sudden.

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

Alouicious posted:

Wait, who is Tom Hardy playing in the new Batman movie? And why is Tom Hardy suddenly in everything all of a sudden.

He plays Bane, the main villain of the film.

So there's this quirky comedy coming out about an alien invasion. Its standard poster isn't terrible (at least they manually distressed their typography, unlike the "Lawless" posters above), but check out the trailer page for it. Hoooly crap:

f#a# fucked around with this message at 00:05 on May 22, 2012

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

Alouicious posted:

Hardy's the main villain, Bane. (e:fb) As to why he's in a bunch of movies now, I guess he's got a hell of an agent and people like working with him.

I was just about to post that new Batman one, because it is a pretty lazy poster design, especially for a series that's had a precedent for some really good (or at least eye-catching) posters. Here's the release poster for the second film:

And the first:

Canadian Surf Club
Feb 15, 2008

Word.

Cpt. Spring Types posted:

Well, it's just their Batman logo, and then they slapped him onto it, trying to get his ears to line up with the logo's. Pretty drat lazy. Wasn't that same poster the first teaser poster for the film, just without the absurd tagline and orange filter and Batman?

I actually liked it the very moment I saw it, but then after half a second I was like, "wait, that is utter poo poo."

You're right

The previous teaser poster

That new poster is surprisingly lazy (on top of the terrible writing and design) for a AAAA summer blockbuster

Hopefully there's still another proper one to come before release

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I only just now got the tie between the Rises and Begins posters.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

Teenage Fansub posted:

I only just now got the tie between the Rises and Begins posters.
My favorite use of that will always be what Warner did with the "Harry Potter" films. Walk through a theater in 2001 and you saw this:

Walk through a theater in 2010, and you saw this:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

New poster for this movie.

To be honest, the second one makes me want to see it whereas the first one didn't really do anything for me.

*no idea if quoted image was leeched or not, so I uploaded it to imgur just in case.

Robert Denby posted:

My favorite use of that will always be what Warner did with the "Harry Potter" films. Walk through a theater in 2001 and you saw this:

It's quite astonishing how much the special effects have improved in the 9 years between Philosopher's Stone (gently caress that "Sorcerer's Stone" bullshit) and the 7th one. Even the poster for the first one looks a bit poo poo in comparison.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

True story, huh? :rolleyes:

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Canadian Surf Club posted:

Hopefully there's still another proper one to come before release

Going on the previous two, there'll be like five more between now and the opening weekend minimum.

I mean, the Batman Begins one was one of three that they had as a "final": one that evoked the Hunchback of Notre Dame with him carrying Rachel, one where his body turned into a bunch of bats swooping towards the foreground of the poster, and the "he's dropping right down at you" one most people associate with the movie. Dark Knight had the "World Without Rules" one, and then like a dozen other posters in the last month before the movie opened.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
I checked on IMDb and Matisyahu is in The Possession. Remember him? The Hasidic Jew guy?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Vagabundo posted:

New poster for this movie.

To be honest, the second one makes me want to see it whereas the first one didn't really do anything for me.

*no idea if quoted image was leeched or not, so I uploaded it to imgur just in case.

It's quite astonishing how much the special effects have improved in the 9 years between Philosopher's Stone (gently caress that "Sorcerer's Stone" bullshit) and the 7th one. Even the poster for the first one looks a bit poo poo in comparison.

That also has to due with how awful Chris Columbus is.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli

It seems to be evoking this...

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Mister Chief posted:

Yeah, didn't we see this with The Devil Inside.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

Vagabundo posted:

I checked on IMDb and Matisyahu is in The Possession. Remember him? The Hasidic Jew guy?

The "rapper" Matisyahu?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Vagabundo posted:

Yeah he's a good rapper. What's he doing in movies?

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

Robert Denby posted:

It's worth noting also that as the movies went on, the WB studio card before the film got dingier and rustier looking. I thought it was pretty neat.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

User-Friendly posted:

It's worth noting also that as the movies went on, the WB studio card before the film got dingier and rustier looking. I thought it was pretty neat.

The WB logo has seen some poo poo:

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

Max22 posted:

The WB logo has seen some poo poo:

Looks like it never really recovered from its breakup with AOL. It was all downhill from there.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Haha, I hope a non-graphic artist made that quickly. Such a lazy poo poo poster for a series that has had nothing but good posters.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Did you make this? Good reverse engineering.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Nah, it's from some tumblr.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Mister Chief posted:

All movies about possession are "based on a true story", didn't you know?

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

I'm sorry if this has been posted but I just saw one of the posters for Snow White and the Huntsman:

Sorry about the quality of the crow pic, I only have paint here.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!
That's already been done, but yeah it's pretty funny.

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

HoldYourFire posted:

That's already been done, but yeah it's pretty funny.

ah, drat. I can't decide if the crow is happy or upset in some way? If he's happy he looks like he is in the process of being VERY happy, if you know what I mean.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!

Olewithmilk posted:

ah, drat. I can't decide if the crow is happy or upset in some way? If he's happy he looks like he is in the process of being VERY happy, if you know what I mean.

I think the consensus was that he's sarcastically rolling his eyes.

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

HoldYourFire posted:

I think the consensus was that he's sarcastically rolling his eyes.

Hah, that also makes sense.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Jesus, why did I have to see this at work? This is way too loving funny.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Olewithmilk posted:

That crow: :iamafag:

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Bugblatter posted:

Shai's playing a wanna-be tough guy who actually just a little poo poo who completely fucks up everything in this though, right? He's a pretty good fit for such a role.

Is this the movie where Shia took a swing at Tom Hardy on set or whatever?

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Soonmot posted:

Is this the movie where Shia took a swing at Tom Hardy on set or whatever?

I hadn't heard of that, but according to google it was on The Wettest County in the World. Shia apparently said during some interview that a joke turned into a fight and afterward Tom Hardy never picked a fight with him again? I can't seriously imagine Shia coming out on top in that scenario. Shia then goes on to talk about how Tom Hardy drives expensive sports cars and is vain, but Shia stays humble even though he has enough money to last, "like 25 lifetimes." What an insufferable little prick.

This quote from Tom Hardy from a few months later is fun though:

Tom Hardy posted:

"I got knocked out by Shia LaBeouf, actually," Hardy said. "In Wettest County, apparently." According to the site, no one could tell whether he was joking, although the following was met with quite a bit of laughter.

"[It was] behind the scenes! No, he did, he knocked me out sparko. Out cold. He's a bad, bad boy. He is. He's quite intimidating as well. He's a scary dude. He just attacked me," Hardy said, reportedly provoking more laughter. "He was drinking moonshine. I was wearing a cardigan, and er, went down. I woke up in Pnut's arms."

Pnut is Hardy's personal trainer, and the actor said the following exchange then took place between the two of them. "He was concerned for me. I was like, ‘What was that? It was lightning fast.'" And he said, ‘That was Shia.' I said, ‘fuckin' hell. Can we go home now?' ‘No, we've still got three weeks to finish.'"

Anyway, it sounds like Shia's just talking out of his rear end. I like Hardy even more for his response though.

Bugblatter fucked around with this message at 21:49 on May 22, 2012

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Bugblatter posted:

Shai apparently said during some interview that a joke turned into a fight and afterward Tom Hardy never picked a fight with him again? I can't seriously imagine Shai coming out on top in that scenario.

Tom Hardy is a total dandy in real life whereas Shia LeBoeuf apparently had a bit of a rough upbringing, doesn't seem unlikely to me. Also why do you keep spelling his name 'Shai'?

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Bugblatter posted:

I hadn't heard of that, but according to google it was on The Wettest County in the World.

That was the original title of Lawless, so it was this film.

67 and still making love
Oct 7, 2005

Peek
a
BLARGH

Zellus posted:

I was really hoping this was fake and that it was just some fan's lovely deviantart creation, but nope, it's legit.

First thing it reminded me of was
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0ZRF-dBDWQ&t=18s

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Don't think I've seen this one in the thread yet

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax
There's plenty of pedophile jokes to be made there, for certain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Bugblatter posted:

I hadn't heard of that, but according to google it was on The Wettest County in the World. Shai apparently said during some interview that a joke turned into a fight and afterward Tom Hardy never picked a fight with him again? I can't seriously imagine Shai coming out on top in that scenario. Shai then goes on to talk about how Tom Hardy drives expensive sports cars and is vain, but Shai stays humble even though he has enough money to last, "like 25 lifetimes." What an insufferable little prick.

This quote from Tom Hardy from a few months later is fun though:

Anyway, it sounds like Shai's just talking out of his rear end. I like Hardy even more for his response though.

Are you purposely spelling his name wrong?