Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

Esme posted:

From Jeb's Twitter:

Is this... a rudimentary buying and selling interface? Testificates might actually do something in the future! :aaaaa:

Hopefully the coins won't only stack to 64 because that could get real obnoxious real fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010

Al! posted:

80 raw chickens for one piece of leather armor sounds like a terrible trade.

What? How do you get this out of that image? You can put 64 tree logs into the crafting table and it'll only show what you get for one. So.....you wouldn't think the logic would apply to this as well?

i like tacos posted:

I see it like a crafting table. He has 20 raw chickens but only one is used to trade for one red coin.

Bingo.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005
Trading, meh. Colony collapse syndrome needs to be fixed first. What's the easiest way to repopulate my SSP village? All I can think of is to use some sort of inventory hacker to get some villager eggs and go hog wild.

My village had sudden and total collapse. They just vanished. Every last one of them. It was a large town too. Plentiful villagers. I even lit it and fortified it to keep most of the mobs at bay, and wandered around at night slaying the stragglers. As in mobs, not villagers. Loaded the map yesterday and saw a villager frolicking on a nearby sand dune. Didn't think much of it at the time as they tend to do that. Evening came and I started noticing there were no villagers. Went through checking every single house, the ravine, the desert, plains and water. nothing. All gone.
Did they fail to load, self destruct of get Alzheimers and wander off?

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008
They migrated. :v:

In all seriousness, I am glad that 1.3 will have some tweaks thrown at the villagers.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Wouldn't gold coins make more sense than "red" coins? You could make coins yourself out of gold nuggets, and turn coins (back) into nuggets.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Jamesman posted:

Wouldn't gold coins make more sense than "red" coins? You could make coins yourself out of gold nuggets, and turn coins (back) into nuggets.

I'd rather have redstone coins to be honest... I have a lot more of that than gold, and nothing (that I want) to do with it.

Bat Ham
Apr 22, 2008

Bat Nan

MrChupon posted:

I'd rather have redstone coins to be honest... I have a lot more of that than gold, and nothing (that I want) to do with it.

Patch 1.3 Notes:

*Villagers will steal exposed redstone wiring if left unattended.

(Not real, of course, but I wouldn't be surprised at someone modding that in.)

LeschNyhan
Sep 2, 2006

Hell, I would be happier about redstone if I could make a decorative shiny red block out of it, like with lapis. It would also be cool if they carried a charge (maybe damaging, if powered, now that I think about it) but just a block would be nice to use the huge stacks I invariably accumulate.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

MrChupon posted:

That's kind of the point though; A currency made out of an existing material that isn't already plentiful.

Bat Ham posted:

Patch 1.3 Notes:

*Villagers will steal exposed redstone wiring if left unattended.

(Not real, of course, but I wouldn't be surprised at someone modding that in.)

Oh great. It's bad enough that they have big noses and use golems to protect themselves. Now you want them to be thieving money hoarders too?

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

General_Failure posted:

Trading, meh. Colony collapse syndrome needs to be fixed first. What's the easiest way to repopulate my SSP village? All I can think of is to use some sort of inventory hacker to get some villager eggs and go hog wild.

My village had sudden and total collapse. They just vanished. Every last one of them. It was a large town too. Plentiful villagers. I even lit it and fortified it to keep most of the mobs at bay, and wandered around at night slaying the stragglers. As in mobs, not villagers. Loaded the map yesterday and saw a villager frolicking on a nearby sand dune. Didn't think much of it at the time as they tend to do that. Evening came and I started noticing there were no villagers. Went through checking every single house, the ravine, the desert, plains and water. nothing. All gone.
Did they fail to load, self destruct of get Alzheimers and wander off?

Is the ravine fenced off? Unlike everything else Villagers seem to have no problem wandering off cliffs. I actually had villagers going 2 ways, wandering down one hole, and falling through a hole in the river nearby. I'm trying to heard the ones I found in the desert there, but I have to get them through a jungle too and they seem content with doing nothing but hiding in their houses.

I gave them double doors though, they're a lot less annoying with double doors.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

LeschNyhan posted:

Hell, I would be happier about redstone if I could make a decorative shiny red block out of it, like with lapis. It would also be cool if they carried a charge (maybe damaging, if powered, now that I think about it) but just a block would be nice to use the huge stacks I invariably accumulate.

Just being able to make it into a block that you can break down back into dust for storage would be great. Getting a silk touch pick and storing it that way is a pain.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Bebopaloobop posted:

Just being able to make it into a block that you can break down back into dust for storage would be great. Getting a silk touch pick and storing it that way is a pain.

I don't understand what you want that storing one thousand seven hundred and twenty eight redstone dusts in the space of a single block with a chest can't do

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

nippon nifties posted:

I don't understand what you want that storing one thousand seven hundred and twenty eight redstone dusts in the space of a single block with a chest can't do

To be able to store 15,552 dust. To be able to have a bigger variety of goods in a single chest instead of a series of redstone chests taking up space. To be able to start a redstone project without having half your inventory taken up by dust.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

nippon nifties posted:

Having a shiny red block would be cool and using less space to store more things is always good. I don't get why you'd be against that.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Hm, if the block of redstone could carry a charge maybe it could also do a vertical thing so you can get a charge upward without a staircase.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Visually, having a hard red block would be pretty nice.

Gameplay-wise, imagine a block, capable of conducting power from all 6 sides without needing dust sticking off of it. That includes top and bottom. It would make redstone projects so much easier.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
I don't know why they haven't done a redstone block already (since every other mineral, bar coal, can be combined that way) and given it that property.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Bebopaloobop posted:

Having a shiny red block would be cool and using less space to store more things is always good. I don't get why you'd be against that.

I'm not against it, I just think it's less than useless really. And before I go on I'll clarify now that I understand they can easily add both, but I'd really like for them to focus on implementing something like the Mine/Hack gameplay elements or the Dwarves vs. Zombies game mode before they add another half-baked block

Vertigus
Jan 8, 2011

nippon nifties posted:

but I'd really like for them to focus on implementing something like the Mine/Hack gameplay elements or the Dwarves vs. Zombies game mode before they add another half-baked block

Clearly an either-or situation of dramatic proportions.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I think it's really cool that we're getting an actual unit of currency that isn't tied to a type of block. This would have been handy back in the early beta days...a server I played on had a block based economy in place for the sole purpose of buying Nether blocks because portals didn't work in SMP.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_subCq2IMw

Has this been posted yet? SethBling's at it again. It's a cool game called Tower Control where you play on teams of up to 9 people and try to take control of the opposing team's two towers. To do so you can try to secure the three towers in the middle and give your team advantages, like a sniper spot where you can get free health, extra potions when you spawn, and shortcuts to the enemy base. It looks really fun and I'd love to try it.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

Fishylungs posted:

Is the ravine fenced off? Unlike everything else Villagers seem to have no problem wandering off cliffs. I actually had villagers going 2 ways, wandering down one hole, and falling through a hole in the river nearby. I'm trying to heard the ones I found in the desert there, but I have to get them through a jungle too and they seem content with doing nothing but hiding in their houses.

I gave them double doors though, they're a lot less annoying with double doors.

Yes and no. They could get to it if they tried, and I did lose one or two to the ravine, but it was a healthy population and a large town which just totally vanished one day. Such a shame. Just as I started to get the town semi secure they go and do that.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Jamesman posted:

Oh great. It's bad enough that they have big noses and use golems to protect themselves. Now you want them to be thieving money hoarders too?

Can't believe I never put that together. :notch:

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
LeschNyhan, I cannot find the mineshaft that you hit. Did you just dig at random and you found it, or does it connect from the ravine?

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Jamesman posted:

Perhaps red coins will be like copper coins.

I'd be surprised if there weren't yellow coins too. It would also solve the stacking issue if you could convert 64 red coins into a yellow coin or something like that (you know it won't be a sane 100 in Minecraft). An even more valuable blue coin based on Lapis would nicely complete the primary color set.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Watch me pull my dongle out of this tiny box

I actually don't mind the powers-of-two stacking, but I'm also a practicing geek, so poo poo like that amuses me.

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Don't smoke, kids... Unless you have to.

Esme posted:

From Jeb's Twitter:

Is this... a rudimentary buying and selling interface? Testificates might actually do something in the future! :aaaaa:
Ah poo poo. Is that a new ore block in the upper right? Guess I won't be seeing many of those on my current world, but if they just give you coins, I guess it's not so bad. I can just sell things to get money.

LeschNyhan
Sep 2, 2006

Jamesman posted:

LeschNyhan, I cannot find the mineshaft that you hit. Did you just dig at random and you found it, or does it connect from the ravine?

Go down to the east end of the peninsula, on the beach, as far east as you can go. You may have to go to the north-east corner of the beach to make sure you hit it, because I just clipped the edge of it on my way down. As far as I can tell it doesn't connect with the surface ravine, but I haven't fully explored it in that direction.

Roughly where are you digging now? I might be able to give you better directions from there.

Lucky Raccoon
Aug 17, 2006

Let's put on our classics and have a little dance shall we?

Tobaccrow posted:

Ah poo poo. Is that a new ore block in the upper right? Guess I won't be seeing many of those on my current world, but if they just give you coins, I guess it's not so bad. I can just sell things to get money.

edit: nevermind just saw what you were talking about

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008

Tobaccrow posted:

Huh, I missed that, looks like shiny red dots in stone. Maybe the "coins" are gems?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Here it is brightened/blown up for reference

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

nippon nifties posted:

Here it is brightened/blown up for reference

It looks like redstone ore to me.

EDIT: VVV Haven't played with the normal texture pack in a long time. VVV

GenderSelectScreen fucked around with this message at 00:18 on May 23, 2012

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Definitely not. Nothing like that on the default texture.

Rabidsamba
Sep 1, 2011

Esme posted:

Oh yeah, he also posted a picture of his setup for Testificate testing:

Is that road in the background made of a new block? Or have I just completely forgotten what gravel looks like?

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008

Rabidsamba posted:

Is that road in the background made of a new block? Or have I just completely forgotten what gravel looks like?

Huh, doesn't look like gravel. Gravel has browns/reds mixed with it and the gravel texture is a lot more pixilated looking (for lack of a better term), that looks like a smooth texture with lumps forming here and there... Yeah, zooming in on it that is definitely not gravel unless they changed the texture to look like lumpy clay.

The village in the upper left looks a bit off as well, but I can't put my finger on it. There seems to be a stair like block sitting on a flat roof, but it has way too many steps.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

Enzer posted:

The village in the upper left looks a bit off as well, but I can't put my finger on it. There seems to be a stair like block sitting on a flat roof, but it has way too many steps.

There's also the fact it's in a jungle, they're apparently not supposed to spawn there.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
What's the estimated time of release for 1.3? A lot of these snapshots have been cool and I want to see what it's all like smoothed out a bit for a release.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

Fishylungs posted:

There's also the fact it's in a jungle, they're apparently not supposed to spawn there.
Maybe treehouses, that villagers wander out of and fall to their doom.

Laser Spider
Jan 28, 2009

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

What's the estimated time of release for 1.3? A lot of these snapshots have been cool and I want to see what it's all like smoothed out a bit for a release.

1.3 is probably going to have the mod API. Jeb has expressed interest in wanting to get that out soon.

So basically, when it's done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008
Not to mention that they started the whole ssp/smp code merge as of the last snapshot so yeah.. whenever they get the API done and the code merge done. I'd expect Mid June/Beginning of July.