Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Landra

Her senses returning to her, and the roper's grip loosened by the blows of her comrades, Landra manages to straighten herself into something resembling an upright position - and then, with a brief glare at the nearer of the two drow, simply vanishes, leaving the beast clutching at air. Her new location is scarcely more hospitable, fending off roper, demon, and eyeless fiend from the moment she materializes, but parrying transitions smoothly to furious attack and she quickly exacts a price for all the trio's depredations, her paired blades lashing into the massed menace around her, carved flesh and spilled blood and pained sounds mixing thoroughly in the chaos of battle.

Minor: Stand
Minor: Fey Step->L19
Standard: Nimble Bladestorm vs AC (CR, GH, BA): 3#1d20+22 30 27 30 2d8+14 21 (26 vs GH)

New/amended triggers:
Use Unbalancing Dodge if missed by a non-minion/non-Roper opponent.
Use Cross-Body Parry if attacked by a non-minion/non-Roper opponent.
Use Yield Ground if damaged by an opponent and the Roper is dead, shift to J17.

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 07:25 on May 11, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Ilminidia

The situation is dire. Fights falling every which way. A huge monster trying to capture one to serve as dinner. Beasts racking claws across exposed flesh. Blind foul things salivating at the thought of feasting on fresh flesh. But to the warrior's eyes the most striking thing of the situation was the stout, proud Dwarf tripping on some rocks and falling over. "Ha!" She lets out a sharp and wicked laugh, as Borok wiggles on of harms way on his pudgy belly. That might just make up for having to engage in the fight to begin with.

The bull continues to rampage, as one would expect, and charges head first into the rather demonic looking creature. Which was kinda of funny, as coincidently it was summoned and bounded demonic creatures that usually rampaged for the Drow in fights. The theory stayed the same though, and looked no less effective here. It also provided some cover for the downed Eladrin to crawl back up to her feet, providing almost as much amusement as the Dwarf had. "Had a nice nap, did we?" Ilminidia answers back the glare, mildly surprised as she follows this by disappearing entirely.

"Yes, yes. You lot just love showing that trick off, don't you?" The Drow persists, stepping out of the gloom next to Landra. But the darkness itself is quickly cast aside as the white light glows from her sword again. Though this time, seeing that the vast creature was clearly labouring, she forgoes any semblance of style or grace and just stabs the bastard of a thing. A powerful and deep drive, she gets herself elbows-deep as she cuts into the gullet of the monster. Dark, sticky ichor starts to spurt out over the ground and the Drow as the Roper falls into its death throes. But as the creature loses strength and slumps over Ilminidia is suddenly nowhere to be seen, replaced by a short burst of silvery light. "But you don't even know how to do it right." She chides from some ways away, reappearing again on the other side of the pit.

Now, she could have decided that the risk to Cebith was over and booked it. She still had the job at hand to do after this fight, after all. But with all the Grimlocks still alive and looking hungry, leaving now might only spur some to give chase. And the group she fell into the fight with was a little bit intriguing as well, certainly for the amount of magic they seemed to still freely wield. Strange bedfellows and all of that.

In accordance, a sudden blizzard breaks out in the cave. It was just a tiny portion of what a miserable, frozen elemental plane could offer but it was enough to batter two of the blind ones. Huge frozen balls of hail and jagged shards of ice pelt the pair as irresistible gusts of icy wind blow them off balance. Though they keep their feet, Ilminidia whips the maelstrom around to corral both of them in closer to the main fight. As they tumble down the gravel and fall down into the main fight, she slides down the ramp to meet them with her own blade.

~

Move: Shadow Step L16 -> K19 falling on my arse with the gravel: 1d20 3

Sszzt move: Shift H21 -> H22

Action: My second Well of Light on the roper. to hit roper: 1d20+18+2 38 and then to hurt roper: 3d12+21+4+3 41 booooosh 1 ded roper.

FREE TELEPORT 8 FOR KILLING A DOOD: K18 -> H13

AP for second attack!: Roaring Storm of Cania with blast 5s all over GB1 and GD. Roaring Storm of Cania to hit GD first then GB: 2#1d20+16 20 20 miss both of them, so half damage. Roaring Storm of Cania to hurt baddies: (2d8+18+4)/2 15

Effect: I get to slide both those guys 3 squares. Sliding GB1 to K12 and sliding GD to K13. They both also need to make acrobatic rolls to not fall over when they pass the gravel.

Tadrel bein' a bud: I'm an ally who spent an action point to attack, so I get to shift up to Tadrel's WIS or INT which means 5 squares. H13 -> J12

Notes: Cloak of Translocation gives me +2 item bonus to AC/Reflex until EONT.
Defiant Rod gives me +1 shield bonus to AC/Reflex until SONT.
Well of Light gives me an aura 1 EONT, while in the aura enemies have vulnerable 3 radiant to my attacks.

Robodog fucked around with this message at 01:55 on May 12, 2012

ForestHobo
Sep 19, 2004
Roses are red, violets are blue, omgwtf, I love you.
Lorn Ardnen

With, if not the most dangerous, the most apparent threat dealt with, Lorn turns his attention to the slavering creature near his wounded companions. Using a much more mundane method of conveyance, the priest circles behind Calderos’ bulk, taking care to avoid his hammer’s extended backswing. Moving to flank the acid cloaked demon with the Landra, Lorn takes a moment to channel another mending rune, knitting more of the eladrin’s wounds.

As the priest’s hammer slams into the Babau’s shoulder with a sickening crunch, another rune flares to life on the creature’s slimy skin. Singing along with the creature’s gurgling howls of pain and anger is a clarion tone, emanating from the glowing sigil. Almost in harmony with the peal, Landra can feel the blades of her weapons vibrate, as if drawn toward the divine mark.

Move: K16->M16->N17-> N19

Minor: Rune of Mending to Landra Landra spends a healing surge + 2d6 9. Rune of Destruction rune state persists. Allies within burst 10 gain a +4 power bonus to damage rolls until eoLnt.

Standard: Executioner's Call vs Babau (AC) 1d20+19+2(CA) 38 Hit! 1d10+9+4 19 damage. Allies gain +2 untyped bonus to damage vs Babau until eoLnt. Rune of Destruction persists. Landra gains a +4 power bonus to her next attack roll vs Babau she makes before soLnt. Allies gain +1 bonus to attack creatures adjacent to Lorn. Lorn takes 5 acid damage (Protective Slime).

Lorn will use Assurance of Prophecy on Borok providing Taldrel heals him on his turn.

pre:
Lorn Ardnen
--------------
HP: 86/99			AC: 30 
Healing Surge: 7/10 (heal 25) 	Fort: 29 
Speed: 6			Refl: 24 
Initiative: +6	 		Will: 25 
Action Points: 0		Perc: +7 (passive 17)
				Inst: +14 (passive 22)

Active Rune State: RoD

Rune of Destruction: Allies gain +1 bonus to attack rolls against enemies adjacent to Lorn.
	Power Effect: All allies within burst 10 gain +4 power bonus to damage rolls. All allies gain +2 to damage rolls vs Babau until eoLont. Landra gains +4 to her next attack roll vs Babau made before soLnt. 

Rune of Protection: While adjacent to Lorn, allies gain resist 4 to all damage.
	Power Effect: 

Rune of Vengeance: When an ally hits an enemy adjacent to Lorn, Lorn makes an MBA against that enemy as an immediate reaction.  The rune state then ends.
	Power Effect: 

Other Effects:

Features:

+1 to all saving throws (Human Preserverance)
Allies adjacent to Lorn gain +1 to Saving Throws (Ordained Priest Theme)
On a miss with a melee attack (almost all of Lorn's attacks), target takes 3 damage (Hammer Rhythm).
Resist 10 Necrotic (Wyvernscale Armor of Resistance)

Interrupts and Reactions:

Rune of Meritorious Alacrity provides a free action +10 to init before an encounter. Lorn will use this against
any obvious superior threat, when the party is low on healing surges or daily powers, or when he feels going
first would present a clear advantage (party has inferior positioning, party is trying to reach 
an objective before an enemy, etc).
Assurance of Prophecy - Ask in IRC or PM.
Lorn will not overlap this with Borok's AoP.

Powers

Action Point (Action Surge/Avenging Action): +3 to attack, Enemies take radiant damage equal to Con Mod. (3)
when they make attacks withing 5 squares of Lorn and damage his allies with those attacks. This effect
last until the end of Lorn's next turn. 
At-Will: Word of Binding, Word of Diminishment, Word of Shielding, Rune of the Astral Winds
Encounter: Second Wind, Rune of Mending (0/2), Executioner's Call, Word of Lingering Thunder, Word of Befuddlement, 
Avenging Hammer, Assurance of Prophecy, Shield of Vengeance, Smiting Symbol
Daily: Rune of the Undeniable Dawn, Rune of the Final Act, Rune of Boundless Fury,
Rune of Meritorious Alacrity, Shield of Sacrifice
Item Daily Powers: [s]Battleforged Shield, Gloves of Grace

Basic Attacks:
Melee: Inescapable Craghammer +3 (+18 v. AC, 1d10+9 dmg, +3d6 crit)
Thrown: Throwing Hammer (+15 v. AC, 1d6+6 dmg)

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Calderos, Ilminidia and Landra join forces to take down the monstrous roper for good, the creature's tentacles thrashing violently in its death throes before dropping to the ground like so many lifeless serpents. The grimlocks shout and roar in dismay at this, some of their vocalisations turning into yelps of pain when the drow unleashes her own brand of elemental magic, sending two of the underground dwellers stumbling across the treacherous slopes and aiming to force them off their feet – they are surprisingly agile, though, and these efforts of Ilminidia's do not bear fruit.

Snarling at the dark elf in his ugly language, one of the grimlocks steps neatly beyond her reach, then turns his eyeless head towards Borok. There follows a cruel bellow and a frenzied dash towards the dwarf, followed by the ugly sound of the grimlock's totem being brought down on Borok's head. Its physical impact is negligible, but the shadow magic it channels isn't; the Stormspeaker feels himself go cold all over, very weary all of a sudden, and even in this deep, dark place he has never felt farther from the light of day.

The other grimlock likewise attempts to leave behind Ilminidia's arachnoid companion, but he isn't as careful as his counterpart, and as a result suffers a bite from the giant spider before managing to disentangle himself. Moreover, his attempt to take the fight to Taldrel goes nowhere, the bolt of darkness he flings over the top of the mêlée down in the pit rather badly failing to strike the half-elf.

(Edit: Borok uses Assurance of Prophecy when Lorn heals Landra; she gains 14 temporary hit points.)

Grimlock Benighter #1 shifts K12->L12.
   He charges L12->O16 and uses Soulblight on Borok, critting (A:20+22) for 29 necrotic and psychic damage; Borok is shrouded in gloom (save ends), and Grimlock Benighter #1 takes 5 psychic damage.
Grimlock Benighter #2 moves G22->J22...
      Sszzt (opportunity attack) hits him (A:15+18) for 14 damage; GB2 grants combat advantage to Ilminidia until the end of her next turn.
   He uses Darkbolt on Taldrel and misses (R:2+18).

Combat tracker. Next up: Taldrel.

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 22:03 on May 11, 2012

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Taldrel Darlhunt

"Eyes forward, Borok!" Taldrel yells over the screeching of the Underdark fiends. "I thought dwarves were supposed to have thicker skulls!"

Taldrel sees an opening in the melee where his companions have the demon surrounded. He expertly hurls his spear at the thing, striking it in the chest. Calderos uses the opening created by the creature's surprised reaction to strike yet another furious blow.

Minor: Inspiring Word on Borok: 31 hp healed
Standard: Signal the Charge on Babau: 28 vs AC, hit for 23 damage, bloodying it.
on hit: granting Calderos a MBA: hits for 21 damage.

pre:
HP: 88/88                        AC  : 28 
Surges: 10/10 (22hp)             Fort: 26
Action Points: 1	         Will: 21
Speed: 5	                 Refl: 25

Basic Melee Attack: +19 vs AC, 1d8+8 damage (+3d6 on crit)
Basic Ranged Attack: +19 vs AC, 1d8+8 damage (+3d6 on crit)
Skirmishing Presence: When an ally that can see me spends an action point,
   they may shift 5 squares before or after making their attack.
Longarm Action: When you spend an action point for extra action, increase melee reach with spear by 1
Tactical Shift: When an enemy strikes an ally, that ally can shift 6 squares as an immediate interrupt. 
  Range 10.  Allow one OA. Trigger on:
   - any ally under 50% health is struck
Shield of Defiance: Spend a healing surge after being crit.  Immediate free action.
  Trigger on:
   - Any time Taldrel is crit and under 80% health.
Evil Eye Fetish: An enemy with CA against me takes 3 necrotic when they hit me.
Casque of Tactics: INT+1 for powers that are not attacks
Helm of Heroes: You and each ally within 10 squares gain +2 item bonus to saving throws against fear effects.

At-Will: Direct the Strike, Paint the Bulls-Eye 
Encounter: Knack for Success, Inspiring Word 0/3 (minor action), Race the Arrow, 
   Aid the Injured, On my Mark, Reorient the Axis, Running Slash
   Driving Spear, Signal the Charge
Daily: Relentless Wounding, Create Opportunity, Force of Fellowship, 
   Tactical Shift, Whirling Spear, Healing Surge (free action), Shield of Defiance, 
   Gauntlets of Ogre STR (free action, +5 damage on melee attack), Helm of Heroes

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
The chief of the grimlock shamans, avoiding Ilminidia's blade as he steps away from the drow, raises his arms and chants a few words in a rolling, sonorous tongue – and suddenly the cavern goes dark, utterly dark, any torches or sunrods being held going out without so much as a flicker presaging their end; even some of the luminous mushrooms nearby cease giving off light, whatever shadow magic the grimlock called upon clearly anything but particular. As a result, there is little more than impenetrable blackness filling the great, stony hollow now, to the detriment of most but not all of those who find themselves within it.

His chanting changing in tone, the grimlock then somehow conjures a deeper darkness still and flings it into the fray close at hand. To Calderos, it feels and looks like standing in the eye of a hurricane made of shadow, its umbral essence swirling around him but, almost miraculously, failing to affect the minotaur. Judging from the sounds that reach his ears, those around him are less fortunate, however: the babau in particular gives a shrill, enraged scream, followed presently by the thud of a body hitting the ground, and is heard no more – it seems the shadow shaman isn't too concerned about the well-being of his companions.

The hulking grimlock does not seem too perturbed either; if anything, pain only seems to encourage him, for the painful impact of his large morningstar is felt by Landra and Calderos alike a few moments later, followed by the scarcely less meaty impacts of their flailing bodies against the ground; bruised at the very least, but certainly not broken just yet.

As this will probably come up, remember that pulling out and activating a sunrod require a minor action each, unless you have something along the lines of Quick Draw.

(Lorn uses Assurance of Prophecy when Taldrel heals Borok; he gains 12 temporary hit points.)

Grimlock Dark Caller takes ongoing 5 damage.
   He shifts K13->J14.
   He uses Call of Darkness: all light sources in a close burst 10 are extinguished.
   He uses Shadow Storm centred on M18, hitting Grimlock Hulk (W:11+20), Landra (W:12+20), Babau (W:11+18) and Borok (W:10+20) for 22 necrotic damage and Lorn (W:18+20) for 12 necrotic damage and missing
   Calderos (W:4+18); Babau dies and Grimlock Dark Caller takes 5 psychic damage. The burst creates a zone that lasts until the end of the Grimlock Dark Caller's next turn; creatures within the zone are blinded until they leave the zone.
   He saves against ongoing 5 damage (12).

Panicked Drow runs Q24->Y30; he grants combat advantage until the start of his next turn.

Grimlock Hulk uses Reaping Star, hitting Landra (A:10+20) for 30 damage and Calderos (A:16+18) for 20 damage, knocking them prone.

Combat tracker. Next up: Borok.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Borok

The dark doesn't bother him, not the way it does his colleagues, but he won't die on his back like an insect.

Adrenaline allows him to channel his long-forgotten youth and he swings his legs beneath him and rises to his feet, although a twinge in his back tells him he will pay for it later. With one hand, he holds his staff between himself and the blind beast. With the other, he pulls a slim tube from beneath his tunic and cracks it sharply against his staff, bringing a brilliant radiance back to the cavern.

He stares fearlessly up into the hideous face thus revealed before him and speaks without emphasis, "If I fall, you will send word to my clan. With my God absent, the rituals and ceremonies are without much utility, but it will comfort my spirit all the same to know they are being done."

Scowling, he mutters in his own tongue, "Now come and get me, you blind worm. You will know how a dvergr of the B'th'allagrn dies!"

ooc: Move: Stand up. Minor: Draw Sunrod. Standard: Strike sunrodAlso, please heal the dorf. Also please keep this horrible thing from killing the dorf. Thanks.
Fatestoned: 1d20 19

navyjack fucked around with this message at 05:41 on May 14, 2012

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008
Not sure it matters, since you're no longer adjacent to me and Cal doesn't have a free hand. Meaning I'd have to give up my whole turn to strike it for you (move to shift, free to drop my sword, minor to strike it, standard to minor to pick my sword back up).

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

ooc: Fixed

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008
Calderos

Struggling to stand against the oppressive darkness surrounding him, he nonetheless responds to Borok's plight. Continuing to live up to his namesake, he effortlessly slipped away from one front to secure the other. His hammer struck hard enough to lift the creature clear off its feet, though it managed to land on them once again. He just hoped the others had his back. However he flowed, he could not be everywhere!

Start of turn: Resist 10 all ends.
Move: Stand.
Minor: Boots of the Fencing Master, shift to N16 (+2 AC/Ref UEoMNT).
Standard: Bull Charge to Grimlock Benighter 1, +4 damage from Crippling Crush and another +4 from Lorn.
Bull Charge vs Fortitude: 1d20+19 37 2d10+11+4+4 38
He is pushed to P16 and I shift to 016. Secondary attack...
Bull Charge Secondary Attack (vs. Fort): 1d20+19 24
That's a miss, so I don't knock him prone.
For what it's worth, I will feel really bad if the Hulk comes up from behind and kills you navy.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Landra

Scrambling quickly to her feet again as Calderos rushes off to Borok's defense, she sidesteps into a better position to both see and move, and leaps back into the fray against the massive grimlock: while its tremendous weapon manages to fend off her resurgent blow, she is still prepared to hamper any attempts to harry Calderos or Borok, eyes and stance again alert as she escapes the shroud of Underdark magic.

Minor: Stand.
Move: Shift -> K18.
Standard: Victorious Surge vs AC (GH): 1d20+17 18 3d8+15 24 Miss, reliable power not expended, GH is marked.

New/amended triggers:
Use Unbalancing Dodge if missed by a non-minion.
Use Cross-Body Parry if attacked by a non-minion.

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 00:41 on May 15, 2012

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Ilminidia

Ilminidia took particular umbrage at being snarled at by the Grimlock. Some might have been scared, others angry perhaps, but for the Drow is was an affront of that grubby worm even daring to talk to her. She doesn't let her eyes stray from the creature as the light suddenly dies, something that wasn't exactly troubling for her. She was going to make sure it knew it's rightful place was beneath her heel.

"I doubt your spirit would ever get too comfortable if you fall here." Ilminidia notes to the Dwarf as he blusters on and on. "The Queen of Spiders is not known for Her mercy." If that wasn't enough encouragement for the Dwarf to keep blood inside his body, nothing would be.

"Good boy!" Ilminidia clatters out across the cave as her pet took a chunk out of the Grimlock's leg. "Now come back, Mummy needs you." With that the critter skitters his way back towards the Drow, spotting the trouble rather quickly. He pounces the direction the Grimlock had been backing off, cutting off the room to breathe the wicked thing thought it had. "I'll be back with you in a moment." She holds up a finger and excuses herself from the spellcaster, unnervingly nonchalant about it, before drawing her sword and levelling it towards the one who ran away.

It was no doubt ready to defend itself against the Drow having run away from her. It knew she was there, and wanted blood. It stood there, thinking of how it would be able to nimbly dodge angry sword thrusts with ease. But before it came to that a funny sensation rolled across it's back. Without eyes other senses had developed to compensate but not one of them could nail down what was happening. There was no noise, no smell, no touch, nothing yet for the Grimlock there was an undeniable sensation that somebody was standing right behind it…

It was enough of a distraction for Ilminidia to charge up and and sever a good portion of the Grimlock's left arm.

~

Move: Slowly meandering to M13

Sszzt Move: Moving to I14 and getting all up in GD's face.

Minor: Summon Warlock's Ally in Q17 for flanking. And just in case MMA is a dick and insists on that counting as entering the gravel square Warlock Ally trippin' gravel: 1d20+11 16

Standard: Charging to O15 To hit the bad grimlock and keep navy alive: 1d20+18+1+2 from flanking 26. Moonfire Blade as my MBA. Hurting GB1: 1d12+21+3+4 35

Notes: If Grimlock Benighter #1 somehow dies to Lorn or Taldrel (PRO TIP KILL IT OR NAVY WILL DIE IRL) while I am next to it, I will teleport to K14 to cover GD.
If Grimlock Benighter #1 ends its next turn adjacent to me, it takes +5 radiant damage.
If Grimlock Benighter #1 attacks her before the start of her next turn, it takes +5 radiant damage.
Enemies adjacent to Sszzt can't gain CA against his allies.
Defiant Rod gives me +1 shield bonus to AC/Reflex until SONT.

ForestHobo
Sep 19, 2004
Lorn Ardnen

Exiting the undulating cloud of shadows, Lorn advances upon the stumbling Grimlock. “You don’t get to rest yet, my friend,” he shouts, touching a symbol on one of his gloves and placing it to the dwarf’s shoulder, “Take heart, we almost have them.”

Calling upon his divine spark, the priest attempts to banish the negative energy hovering around his dwarven companion. Turning on the creature, Lorn drives his hammer home, crushing the Benighter’s skull with a resounding crunch. As runes on Lorn’s armor begin to glow, his nearby allies feel a divine aura wash over them, protecting them from the dark forces arrayed against them.

Move: N19 -> O17

Minor: Lorn grants Borok a saving throw. (Gloves of Grace)

Standard: Word of Diminishment vs Benighter #1 (AC) 1d20+19 27 Hit! 2d10+9+4 20 damage. Lorn enters Rune of Protection rune state. Adjacent allies gain 4 resist all. Were Benighter #1 to somehow live, it takes -3 to damage rolls until eoLnt.

pre:
Lorn Ardnen
--------------
HP: 86/99			AC: 30 
				Inst: +14 (passive 24)

Active Rune State: RoP

Rune of Destruction: Allies gain +1 bonus to attack rolls against enemies adjacent to Lorn.
	Power Effect: 

Power Effect: Benighter #1 suffers -3 to damage rolls.

Rune of Vengeance: When an ally hits an enemy adjacent to Lorn, Lorn makes an MBA against that enemy as an immediate reaction.  The rune state then ends.
	Power Effect: 

Other Effects:

Features:

On a miss with a melee attack (almost all of Lorn's attacks), target takes 3 damage (Hammer Rhythm).

Rune of Meritorious Alacrity provides a free action +10 to init before an encounter. Lorn will use this against
any obvious superior threat, when the party is low on healing surges or daily powers, or when he feels going
first would present a clear advantage (party has inferior positioning, party is trying to reach 

Powers

Action Point (Action Surge/Avenging Action): +3 to attack, Enemies take radiant damage equal to Con Mod. (3)
when they make attacks withing 5 squares of Lorn and damage his allies with those attacks. This effect
At-Will: Word of Binding, Word of Diminishment, Word of Shielding, Rune of the Astral Winds
Encounter: Second Wind, Rune of Mending (0/2), Executioner's Call, Word of Lingering Thunder, Word of Befuddlement, 
Daily: Rune of the Undeniable Dawn, Rune of the Final Act, Rune of Boundless Fury,

[b]Basic Attacks:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
With the tide continuing to turn in favour of the (mostly) surface-born adventurers, the remaining grimlocks begin to entertain notions of retreat, or at least some of them do. One of the shadow-wielders, his unsightly face contorted in a mask of loathing, flings a bolt of blackness down into the pit before moving towards one of the nearby tunnel; the sable spear is about to strike Landra when Taldrel gives a shout of warning, allowing the eladrin to dodge the eerie projectile a mere moment before it can hit her.

(Borok succeeds on the saving throw granted by Lorn. Ilminidia teleports when Grimlock Benighter #1 is killed.)

Grimlock Benighter #2 uses Darkbolt on Landra and hits (R:19+18)...
      Taldrel (immediate interrupt) uses Tactical Shift: Landra shifts K18->K17, and Grimlock Benighter #2 misses her.
   He moves J22->D21.

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 21:28 on May 15, 2012

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Taldrel Darlhunt

Attempting to drive away the hulking troglodyte from Borok's vicinity, Taldrel flings his spear over their heads at it. Unfortunately, due to the obfuscatory swarm, the shot misses. Not one to give up, Taldrel calls out to the dwarf, directing him out of the shadows to safety.

Standard: Driving Spear on the Hulk, misses
Minor: Knack for Success on Borok, allowing him to shift 2 squares. Get out of there little man!

pre:
HP: 88/88			AC  : 28	MBA: +19 vs AC; 1d8+8 damage (+3d6 on crit)
Surge Value: 22			Fort: 26	RBA: +19 vs AC; 1d8+8 damage (+3d6 on crit)
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]	Will: 21	Speed: 5
Action Points: 1		Refl: 25

At-Will				Encounter			Daily
[o] Direct the Strike		[x] Knack for Success		[ ] Relentless Wounding
[o] Paint the Bulls-Eye		[x][x][x] Inspiring Word	[ ] Create Opportunity
[o] Basic Melee Attack		[x] Race the Arrow		[ ] Force of Fellowship
[o] Basic Ranged Attack		[ ] Aid the Injured		[x] Tactical Shift
				[x] On my Mark			[ ] Whirling Spear
				[ ] Reorient the Axis		[ ] Shield of Defiance
				[ ] Running Slash		[ ] Gauntlets of Ogre Strength
				[x] Driving Spear		[ ] Casque of Tactics
				[x] Signal the Charge
Conditionals
Longarm Action: When you spend an action point for extra action, increase melee reach with spear by 1
Casque of Tactics: When Initiative is rolled, swap results with a willing ally
  use when: an ally suggests we do so (presumably they have something in mind)
Tactical Shift: When an enemy strikes an ally, that ally can shift 6 squares as an immediate interrupt. 
Shield of Defiance: Spend a healing surge after being crit.  Immediate free action.
  Trigger on:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
The grimlock shaman, faced with decidedly unfavourable odds, attempts to move away from the mêlée, giving Ilminidia a wide berth as he steps around her arachnoid companion and smacks the spider with his staff – a token gesture of annoyance, really, but one keenly felt by Sszzt all the same.

There is the sound of frantic, receding footsteps as the harried drow finally manages to escape, hopefully not to run straight into another pack of malicious Underdark denizens.

A feral grin blooms on the ugly face of the abundantly muscled shock trooper, who apparently prefers to try and take down with him as many as he can rather than live to fight another day. He turns his back on Landra, not even paying any attention to the scimitar that sweeps out in response, and stomps towards the other surfacers gathered nearby, whereupon he brings his massive morningstar around in a wide arc. It is, curiously, ailing Borok who is spared, the weapon's spiked head passing a few inches over his own; Calderos and Lorn, on the other hand, are hit hard, the grating clash of stone on metal reverberating through the cavern as they are sent flying, hitting the ground with a remarkable lack of grace.

Grimlock Dark Caller shifts J14->I15.
   He uses Staff on Sszzt and hits (A:8+20) for 18 damage.

Panicked Drow escapes!

Grimlock Hulk moves L18->N16...
      Landra (opportunity attack) hits him (A:11+17) for 15 damage, bloodying him.
   He uses Reaping Star, missing Borok (A:4+18) and hitting Calderos (A:14+18) for 17 and Lorn (A:19+18) for 21; Calderos is pushed O16->P17 and Lorn is pushed O17->P18, and they're knocked prone.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Borok

A mighty Word trips from Borok's lips as he retreats yet again, but he is so very weary, and it escapes him in a mumble, rather than a roar. Even that damaged piece of lore is enough to make the hulking creature shake its head dazedly, but not near enough to do more than discomfit it for a moment.

Still and all, any reprieve is better than none, and another blow, no matter how glancing, would be enough to send the old Dwarf down into the dark, perhaps for good at last...

ooc: Shift: O13, Standard: Silent Malediction vs Fortitude (GH): 1d20+17 25 2d6+8 16 So half damage (8) and I am dazed until the end of my next turn. :saddowns: And duh, forgot to write down that the Hulk is dazed until EOMNT too! Thanks Archi!

navyjack fucked around with this message at 10:41 on May 19, 2012

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008
Calderos

Whatever this thing was, it was at least a match for the strongest of Tribal warriors. Calderos shook his head clear as he got to his feet shakily. Despite the tumble, he could tell at a glance he was better off than most of his fellows; if anyone could handle another round with the hulking monstrosity, it was him. He closed the distance, readying himself for another blow.

Knocked prone a square away from an enemy, the bane of all defenders!

Move: Stand up.
Standard: Move: Shift to O16, keeping my boots bonus up.

navy, don't forget the Hulk is dazed UEoYNT due to Silent Malediction's miss effect. I'm getting adjacent so it can't charge Landra or our drow friend, but you should be in the clear from this monster until next turn at least.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Landra

As her parting shot landed, she watched the massive creature charge away, only to suddenly stagger at the wavering Borok's last-ditch burst of power, allowing the Dwarf to escape and the minotaur, thankfully, to catch up.

With both foes and less certain participants beginning to scatter, she wheels to survey the situation before springing into action again, breaking into a mazy run towards the grimlocks' priest upon the crater's edge, looking to approach the mysterious drow for a moment before breaking and wheeling towards the grimlock, with only the briefly murmured Elven words, "I heard that," left in her wake for Ilminidia.

With their stubborn foe distracted by her unpredictable movements and the harrying spider, and the again-uplifting effect of the strange stones upon the cavern floor, both the passing slash from Lalaith as she approaches and the forceful follow-up from her right hand blade firmly find their marks, and the look on her face suggests that escape for the vexing shaman might just have become a thing of the past.

Move: ->L15->K14->K15(Fatestone save: 1d20 10)->J17->I16
Minor: Declare Dark Caller her quarry.
Standard: Cut and Run vs AC (Dark Caller): 2#1d20+17 31 34 2#1d8+10 11 13

Extra damage (Quarry, Quickhit Bracers): 3d6 4

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Ilminidia

"I never intended to speak ill behind your back." The Drow replies in Elvish, heavily accented though it was. "If I did I wouldn't get to see the indignant looks on your face." She smiles cordially to Landra as she splits right and attacks the Grimlock. It was a good move, one which Ilminidia was about to pursue hersel-

There is the sound of wood striking carapace, and the telltale squeal of a spider in mild pain and some discomfort skittering away. "Hey!" Ilminidia bellows at the spellcaster, staring into where eyes should be on the blind creature. She grips her sword in both hands and walks steadily towards the Grimlock, forgoing subtlety, grace, positioning, stealth, care, or any tactical advantage at all bar pure strength. The deep purple of her hands turn white around the knuckle as she strengthens her grip on her sword, pulling it back to make a fierce strike. The Grimlock could do little but watch as the Drow approached, in what seemed an easy and calm stride, and drove her sword right through its stomach.

With that single, powerful thrust the white blade was squarely planted in the Grimlock's stomach. The glowing, slivery tip of Ilminidia's sword can be seen by Landra, jutting out of the back of the beast and now covering in dripping blood and guts. Somehow though it does not lose lustre or shine, and the faint glow remains. "Don't touch my spider!" She hisses in the monster's face, before planting a solid kick in his chest to help free sword from gullet. Blood and bile spray up from the now open wound and covers what was left of the Drow's chest that had been left uncovered by roper blood, and drench her arms as well.

The silver light left behind that distracted the now dead Grimlock, the same sort of glow that came to the Drow's sword, begins to coalesce. It forms into a figure of some sort… maybe vaguely Elven? Or Eladrin? Or Drowish? It definitely had ears larger than what one would see on a Human, for sure. As it comes together into something recognisable as a person, it seems to turn towards where Ilminidia was impaling the Grimlock and watches impassively. Whatever the figure it didn't seem too enthralled by the confrontation. Having seen enough after a few moments, it takes time to look down at the ground. And the prone figure of Lorn. Bending at what might be the knee, the figure reaches out to offer the fallen priest a hand up.

~

Minor: Handmaiden to help Lorn get back to his feet.

Move: Walking suavely over from K14 -> I14.

Sszzt move: Shift to H15.

Standard: Moonfire Blade on this dumb blind wizard face. To hit dumb wizard: 1d20+18+2 40 And to show Landra how a real pointy ear does it I crit. To crit hurt dumb wizard: 12+21+3d10 51.

Notes: Defiant Rod gives me +1 shield bonus to AC/Reflex until SONT.
If Dark Caller ends its next turn adjacent to me, it takes +5 radiant damage.
If Dark Caller attacks me before the start of her next turn, it takes +5 radiant damage.
Enemies adjacent to Sszzt can't gain CA against his allies.

ForestHobo
Sep 19, 2004
Lorn Ardnen

Staring up at the diaphanous figure hovering above him, Lorn’s eyes go wide for a moment before relaxing to a gentle stare. The ghostly figure was oddly familiar - long billowing hair, gentle features, and an oddly serene countenance. The soft, slightly formed features reminded him of someone, though he couldn’t quite put a name to the face.

Taking the proffered hand and assistance, the priest stands with some difficulty. Shaking his head , the final cobwebs fading, he surveys the battlefield. Also the recipient of the hulk’s sweeping blow, Calderos was already on his feet, axe harrying the creature. The minotaur seemed impossible to rattle. Lorn envied his vigor. Landra and the drow were flanking the spellcaster, which seemed in very dire straits indeed. A position Lorn intended to exploit.

Taking a few measured steps to determine the steadiness of his legs, Lorn breaks into a run. Moving across the battlefield with surprising haste, the priest uses his momentum to carry his hammer swing into the creature’s midriff, eliciting a glibbering howl of pain.

Move: Stand from prone.

Standard: Charge P18 -> M18 -> J15 MBA vs Dark Caller (AC) 1d20+19+1 34 Hit! 1d10+9 18 damage. Rune of Protection persists. Allies adjacent to Lorn gain resist 4 all.

pre:
Lorn Ardnen
--------------
HP: 53/99			AC: 30 
				Inst: +14 (passive 24)

Active Rune State: RoP

Power Effect: 

Power Effect: 

Power Effect: 

Other Effects:

Features:

Powers

Basic Attacks:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Seeing the remaining members of his tribe in dire straits indeed, the hitherto unaccosted grimlock shaman cackles and strikes a dazed Borok down with a cunningly flung spear of darkness before unceremoniously taking off, running down one of the nearby tunnels and disappearing into the darkness.

Grimlock Benighter #2 uses Darkbolt on Borok and hits (R:19+15) for 24 necrotic damage; Borok is shrouded in gloom (save ends) and is dying.
   He moves D21->off-screen.

The Benighter is effectively considered to have withdrawn from combat now. If someone wants to give chase, we'll work something out.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Taldrel Darlhunt

Swearing under his breath, Taldrel scrambles on the slope before reaching the downed dwarf. He grabs the dwarf by the collar and begins yelling at his face, telling the old man to get up and other such commands centered on the dwarf's advanced age.

Move: P13, rolled a 10 on acrobatics
Standard: Aid the Injured on Borok: Borok spends a healing surge for 19 hp.

pre:
HP: 88/88			AC  : 28	MBA: +19 vs AC; 1d8+8 damage (+3d6 on crit)
Surge Value: 22			Fort: 26	RBA: +19 vs AC; 1d8+8 damage (+3d6 on crit)
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]	Will: 21	Speed: 5
Action Points: 1		Refl: 25

At-Will				Encounter			Daily
[o] Direct the Strike		[x] Knack for Success		[ ] Relentless Wounding
[o] Paint the Bulls-Eye		[x][x][x] Inspiring Word	[ ] Create Opportunity
[o] Basic Melee Attack		[x] Race the Arrow		[ ] Force of Fellowship
[o] Basic Ranged Attack		[x] Aid the Injured		[x] Tactical Shift
				[x] On my Mark			[ ] Whirling Spear
				[ ] Reorient the Axis		[ ] Shield of Defiance
				[ ] Running Slash		[ ] Gauntlets of Ogre Strength
				[x] Driving Spear		[ ] Casque of Tactics
				[x] Signal the Charge
Conditionals
Casque of Tactics: When Initiative is rolled, swap results with a willing ally
  use when: an ally suggests we do so (presumably they have something in mind)
  Trigger on:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Hissing defiantly in the faces of his assailants, the lone dark shaman begins to utter one last invocation, quite aware that he leaves himself wide open to any counterattacks – but of those that are inevitably made, the majority miss their mark. Only Lorn's hammer strikes true, but it does so decisively, shattering the grimlock's skull and cutting short his vile chanting before he can unleash his final spell.

Now the last of his kind on the battlefield, a roar of bloodlust is heard from the hulking grimlock; and while Borok's word of power left the underground dweller somewhat debilitated, he can still muster enough strength to bring Calderos down with a powerful sweep of his morningstar. The minotaur, in return, is incited to retaliation by the savage blood flowing in his veins, and lands a telling blow against the grimlock with his hammer, hurrying along the creature's doubtlessly impending demise!

Grimlock Dark Caller uses Shadow Swarm...
   Sszzt (opportunity attack/Bite) misses (A:7+20).
   Ilminidia (opportunity attack/Moonfire Blade) misses (A:1+20).
   Landra (opportunity attack/MBA) misses (A:7+19) for 5 damage.
   Lorn (opportunity attack/MBA) hits (A:10+21) for 17 damage, killing him...
      Ilminidia (free) uses Soul Step, teleporting I14->M15; she gains a +2 item bonus to AC and Reflex until the end of her next turn.
Grimlock Hulk uses Morningstar on Calderos and hits (A:12+20) for 28 damage, knocking him prone...
   Calderos (free: Bloodied Ferocity/MBA) hits him (A:8+19) for 21 damage; Calderos gains 4 temporary hit points and grants combat advantage until the end of his next turn.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Borok

Groaning, Borok staggers to his feet and shakes his head to clear it.

Raising a shaking hand, he intones a dreadful blessing in the direction of the melee swirling around the remaining grimlock, which bellows in agony as the flesh begins to boil away from its skin in broad patches. No doubt the slightest touch of blade to that seared flesh would be effective in the extreme.

ooc: move: Stand up. Standard: N15 Rain of Blood vs Fortitude: 1d20+17 37 1d6+8+2 13 CRIT!!! So Damage is 16+crit damage: 3d8 13 for 29. The hulk takes Vuln 5(All) until the end of my next turn and Ill and Calderos get +4 to hit until the end of my next turn

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008
Calderos

Man, this thing could hit hard. Calderos, reeling from the blow, could only just barely manage to get to his feet and swing haphazardly to keep it away. He could almost respect its strength and tenacity.

Move: Stand up.
Standard: Tide of Iron to finish it off!
Tide of Iron vs AC: 1d20+19+4 25 1d10+11+4+2 24
Or I could roll a 2 and completely whiff. That's another way for these things to go, I guess. :sigh:

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Landra

With the grimlock's attention consumed by a literally titanic duel with Calderos, it is relatively easy for even the wounded, wearied eladrin to ghost her way forward and bury both her weapons painfully into the creature's lower back, wreaking havoc upon its internal organs that is best not seen. As she draws her blades back out, what remains of the grimlock's raging, vital energy seems to come with them - to say nothing of a surge of blood so powerful it seems almost to propel the beast in its crashing fall to the cavern floor.

Move: ->M16
Minor: Hunter's Quarry on the Hulk
Standard: Twin Strike vs AC: 2#1d20+17 36 33 2#1d8+6 14 14
Crit damage (mainhand): 2d8+4d12 32
Quarry/Quickhit damage: 3d6 14

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 03:18 on May 26, 2012

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Ilminidia

The hulk dies and the day is saved, horray for the cave diving heroes. But as much as Ilminidia wanted to stay and chat, she still had a job to do and killing the Grimlocks was only half of it. Cebith had already managed to run into one group of nasties, who knows what he might run into if left to his own devices again. And if he wanted to run off and get himself killed he could do it after she was finished with him. As the huge beast hacks it's last breath and falls over, the Drow disappears from sight. The eerie figure of glowing silvers and whites fades just as sudden as it had appeared. The large spider scuttles away as well, though trailing behind as it lacked the teleportation ability of his mummy.

~

Hulk is dead, so I will use my blackleaf gloves encounter power to add an extra +3 onto my soul step for a total of teleport 11. Going M15 -> V26. Minor to dismiss the warlock ally summon, Sszzt moves to follow and he can get to about N23 with a run. Normal move for Illminidia and she is off map, going to make sure Cebith is A-OK.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
With the last grimlock's gory demise the battlefield appears to finally have been made safe, leaving the unlikely spelunkers to lick their wounds and Ilminidia to pursue her quarry. Harnessing the final throes of the grimlock's extinguished soul-light for her own purposes, the drow magically flings herself out of the pit in search of the male drow, but she hasn't gone far before he emerges from the tunnel again for all to see (more or less).

It's readily obvious that his time on the run hasn't been kind to Cebith. His dark clothes were fine enough once, though certainly not ostentatious, but now they're dirty and a little tattered from the struggles of survival beyond the walls of Erelhei-Cinlu, and the ponytail that kept his long white hair in check has all but come apart – one might be surprised he looks so ragged for having spent a mere two days outside the city, but Ilminidia at least is familiar with the realities of life in the Underdark and can, perhaps, even sympathise with his plight.

Cebith gives the other drow an intensely suspicious look, the knife he's somehow managed to hold on to at the ready. In as poor a state as he is, though, he apparently still realises that if Ilminidia really meant him any harm, she has had ample opportunity to inflict that harm by now, and so he merely circles around her and back into the cavern, keeping his eyes on her all the time. "The mushrooms," he mutters in Elven, though Ilminidia somehow doubts he's talking to her, "need those mushrooms – need to get back to her..." A reasonably astute observer will, in fact, note that where the roper's grasp had first snared Cebith, a number of bulbous, greenish mushrooms have been spilled across the floor, having apparently been gathered by the drow – for food, perhaps – before the stalagmite-like monster ambushed him.

Landra murders the hulk dead with another crit, and that is all she wrote. This constitutes a milestone for everyone but Ilminidia!

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Ilminidia

She didn't need to go far to find him, thankfully. It did mean that she had to stay around that ragtag band of adventurers, but that also meant that he probably wouldn't be killed killed soon either. The trade-off was probably worth it.

"Underdark treating you well, I see." Ilminidia tells him in Elven, observing the ragged state of the man. "But, considering it is your wife with the martial skill, you certainly could have done a lot worse for yourself." She concedes in a fashion that lets her sympathy with Cebith's situation be known. Sszzt finally catches up with his Mummy, earning him a kiss on the pedipalps. "Good boy." She gives him a few scritiches as well, much to the spider's approval, allowing Cebith to circle around them and back towards the pit. She gives him some room before she follows.

"If I had been sent by the Matriarch I wouldn't have rescued you from being killed by those Grimlocks, would I?" She matches eyes with the man before following behind him. She wipes her silver sword clean on her blood and gore drenched clothes, letting the soft glow shine through again before putting it away. "It's Alauniira she wants to make a show of, not you." It was really only on principle that he was in danger in the first place, the method wasn't really important so long as 'out of the picture' was the result.

The non-sequitur took her a little by surprise. She does spot what he might have been talking about, mumbling about mushrooms as he was, but that wasn't what got her attention from the mumbling. Get back to her. "Where's your little one, Cebith?" She asks, looking back from the mushrooms to Cebith. "Where's Shali?"

~
All in drowy elvish fyi. Diplomacy on Drow: 1d20+18 32

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Taldrel Darlhunt

With the fighting over, Taldrel has time to note how strange these people's accents were. He'd never heard Elvish sound so odd. He looks over his companions to ensure they were recovering from the fight. He'd lucked out on this one - it was a close call with Borok.

Taldrel clears his throat while suppressing a shudder at the affection shown to the giant spider, "Well fought, elf. My name is Taldrel Darlhunt, Guard Captain of Niemund. Well met."

Oops!

Clanpot Shake fucked around with this message at 12:02 on May 30, 2012

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Ilminidia

Focusing on Cebith and her actual work here, she pays the half-elf only a portion of her attention. "Well done keeping the ancient Dwarf from rejoining the dirt." Ilminidia commends Taldrel with less than full sincerity, speaking in the common tongue. "If you are planning to get any closer to Erelhei-Cinlue, take this to heart." She actually turns his head to the man and tells him, dark eyes boring into him. "Drow. Not Elf." She doesn't seem particularly aggravated herself, but she seems serious about the correction. "Guard Captain?" She raises an eyebrow. "So Niemund has extended the city borders to reach all the way to Erelhei-Cinlue, have they?"

Robodog fucked around with this message at 12:53 on May 30, 2012

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Taldrel Darlhunt

"Drow, then," Taldrel replies as diplomatically as he can. "And we are headed to Erelhei-Cinlue, but not on a matter of territory. Times are strange on the surface, and we followed the trail of an errant wizard down here. A rather... unhinged individual, but we'd like to get him some help before he causes any more trouble." Taldrel wouldn't think to ask a drow directly for help given what he's heard of them, but this one hadn't tried to kill them when she probably could have at least done some damage, so maybe they weren't all bad.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Landra

Even as she recovers from the exertion, she finds herself opening her mouth to correct Taldrel in the same way, and almost at the same time the Drow does. Unsettling though the feeling is, she restrains herself from further reaction, content to warily watch the stranger engage Taldrel, while searching the scattered possessions of their fallen enemies for more items of interest.

Perception (anything else besides the mushrooms?): 1d20+15 21

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 21:58 on May 30, 2012

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Borok Stormspeaker

After the last creature falls, he stays motionless for a long, long moment, leaning on his staff, staring at the ground.

He had thought he was ready to die...more than ready, truth be told, which was why he had embarked on this mad quest to determine the fate of the Gods before taking his due rest in the After, but coming so close, coming face to face with an abrupt end has shaken him.

With the abrupt end no longer imminent, however, he must stave off a more lingering doom, and, with a hard shake to mix up the herbal concoction, he takes a few gulps from his flask, then another before replacing it beneath his tunic.

That bit of nasty business done, he feels better, although every year of the over three hundred he has lived seems to lay heavy across his shoulders.

"Too old am I," he mutters in his own tongue as he limps up to where Taldrel is interviewing the g'rdk'lf, "for this k'kak."

Arriving at the Captain's side, he peers up at the dark face of the newcomer, "Owe you a debt, so I think, young woman. Perhaps my companions could have won through without your aid, but carrying on without this one for certain. What is thy name?"

ooc: Spending 3 surges to take me to 64

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Ilminidia

"I'm sure your friend there can enlighten you on the difference should you need it." Ilminidia nods towards the Eladrin swordwoman with an impish smile, spotting her reaction to it. "An unhinged wizard, you say? Chased all the way into the Underdark?" She repeats, sounding mildly disinterested. "He must have done something quite extraordinary for you to not leave him to the Matriarch's guard to slaughter."

"Any aid I rendered upon you was completely unintentional, I assure you." She talks down to the Dwarf, being so short. She internally ruminates for a moment or two on the old man's request. "Ilminidia." She slowly comes to, reaching down to pat the spider at her side. "Sszzt."

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Borok

He looks down at the bristly, fanged monstrosity squatting by the drow woman's side. Good eating on one of those, he thinks, tugging at his beard.

"Well, intended or not," he says, "You have my thanks. I hight Borok. Stormspeaker of the God Kord. This mage we seek...perhaps your confidence is well-placed in the...Matriarch's Guard? But it seems he has already given some dozen of your kinsfolk to the grips of your Spider Queen. Such easy prey he may not be."

"We hoped to seek him in the city Erelhei-Cinlue, and it was to that place we were seeking when we came upon you and your...companion?...here in this cavern. Your words seem to say that we are close. You aided us, inadvertently you say, in our battle. Can you then give us purposeful aid in the form of directions?"

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Ilminidia

He looks up at the short, thick, bearded, ancient creature in front of him just days away from death. "Good eating on one of those." Sszzt hisses and clacks, only Ilminidia understanding him. And chuckling.

"Thanks which I shall treasure always." She enthuses in a way that makes her fakery clear. "Stormspeaker?" She asks. "I'd be careful with that if you plan to enter the city. The Spider Queen doesn't well like praise being given to others." Hearing what this wizard has done, she laughs. "If that's the case then the houses might be trying to buy his services!"

Ilminidia turns back to Cebith, not wanting him to manage to run off again. "Close is a relative term in the Underdark." She tells the Dwarf. "The direct route is often only faster in seeing you to your deaths. But there are paths that lead to the city, yes. But why should I aid you?" She asks of the Dwarf pointedly.

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008
Calderos

Calderos worked a kink out of his neck as he looked from the drow to the eladrin and back again. He saw the resemblance as well as the departure, but thought it would strain already frayed nerves to point this out. He had guessed surface Outsiders and these underground drow were bitter enemies, but this one deigned to speak with them. However abrasively. This was a valuable opportunity! He decided he needed to introduce himself before his presence attracted questions or concerns. He wasn't exactly inconspicuous. "I am Calderos Flowing-Rock, of the mountains. I have not had much dealings with your people, but hope to forge relations. We had imagined your friend to be part of the Matriarch's Guards, but it appears this is not the case. Help us understand the situation. There may be ways we can assist each other, as we have already assisted each other.

"Borok would have been lost without you, but..." He exhaled a powerful gust through his nose as he concluded, "However skilled and knowledgeable you are, you could not have rescued your friend alone. Surely you realize this."

ETA: Spending two surges should bring me to full.

TheArchimage fucked around with this message at 17:46 on May 31, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Ilminidia

"Calderos Flowing-Rock of the mountains. My people would only be interested in forging relations with your people if the slave pens of Erelhei-Cinlue were particularly empty, I am sorry to say." She kindly informs the bull, her words surprisingly bereft of mockery to the keen observer.

"What? Him?" Ilminidia looks to Cebith, still making sure to stay close by him. "In the guard? Clearly you haven't dealt very much with Drow." She shakes her head with a small chuckle. "I would say, in fact, that to have come this far into the Underdark, this close to Erelhei-Cinlue, without already having a grasp on the situation would mean you are beyond help." She suggests. "So what of the situation exactly do you wish of me?"

"No no." She corrects, stepping out of the way of the exhaled breath. "Were my aim to fight them them all then yes, I would have been in a great deal of trouble were it not for the intervention of you and yours. But to simply rescue him and make off again? Hardly a bother." Truth or bluster, none can discern.