Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

hcenvirons posted:

I found a sword hidden in a chest in the ancient quarry with innate fire element. Is there any reason why mages keep giving me fire enchant? Are their enchants stronger, or do they just not recognize that the buff is active?

If their magic rating is higher than your sword's rating, they should be adding some damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I played for about 16 hours before having to leave for a week. Are those of you that are much deeper than that still finding it pretty enjoyable or does it get repetitive and old after a while?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
What does demonspite do that is different than the other elemental magic knight shield spells?

edit: ^^^ it keeps revealing new parts of existing dungeons and new enemy types (or at least variants) so yeah it's staying fun. When it runs out of those though, I dunno.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Policenaut posted:

The deal is that the Dragon takes whoever you have the highest affinity for in the game. So if you haven't done certain quests, then you might get someone really weird during the bargain. Like I got the Duchess but I've read some people get like the blacksmith or Mason. It's weird.

I think I'm going to go for the Jester on my NG+ playthrough so I can see what happens if you Take the wyrm's bargain without feeling bad.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

What happens in 3rd Street stays in 3rd Street.

I just finished finished it. I really liked the ending and while the story was simple as gently caress I enjoyed it. Running round as Invisible GOD is pretty ace.

Two things though - I never fought another Hydra, did I just miss it? And also when you're in post game is there any new quests other than the whole everfall thing? I sped through it all to see the ending

edit - hahaha powder trapping unsuspecting peasants is the best thing.

Thievery fucked around with this message at 00:45 on May 28, 2012

CheechLizard
Jul 1, 2000

It stays at 50%, goy!
is this game trolling me or are rabbits an actual thing?
I've been out in the morning noon and night looking for the little bastards and I have yet to see one. goblins, wolves and bandits aplenty but no rabbits

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

CheechLizard posted:

I've been out in the morning noon and night looking for the little bastards and I have yet to see one. goblins, wolves and bandits aplenty but no rabbits

I always run into rabbits on the pathway from Cassardis to the little fort thing.

I have a question though: In Witchwood, when can I fight the golem by the Witch's house? I've only done like, two of the quests that Ser Maximillian gives you, so I have yet to talk to the Duke, if that's any indication.

CheechLizard
Jul 1, 2000

It stays at 50%, goy!

A BLACK PRESIDENT posted:

I always run into rabbits on the pathway from Cassardis to the little fort thing.
Yea, I've been all over that place many times at different times of the day and not seen one

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Thievery posted:

I just finished finished it. I really liked the ending and while the story was simple as gently caress I enjoyed it. Running round as Invisible GOD is pretty ace.

Two things though - I never fought another Hydra, did I just miss it? And also when you're in post game is there any new quests other than the whole everfall thing? I sped through it all to see the ending

There's a quest you can get from one of the boards to fight the hydra after you fight the dragon. I'm pretty sure there's also one in the postgame dungeon. It's a pretty awesome fight, by the way.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I just looked up some videos of sorcerer skills and uh, wow, I picked the wroooong class by going strider. :stare: :(

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

CheechLizard posted:

Yea, I've been all over that place many times at different times of the day and not seen one
They also spawn in Witchwood.

Little fast fuckers that run away and despawn before I can get to them! :argh:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Oh my god I love how every time you set out of any city of encampment you're setting out on an actual adventure where everything can go tits up in an instant, no matter how strong you are.
Having said that, holy poo poo is it a pain in the rear end having to make your way to the Witch's Hut. Is there a fastest way than running around like an idiot near-blind for 30 minutes?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The Moon Monster posted:

There's a quest you can get from one of the boards to fight the hydra after you fight the dragon. I'm pretty sure there's also one in the postgame dungeon. It's a pretty awesome fight, by the way.

It seems weird that they didn't use the hydras more considering how much work it looks like they put into it.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
I didn't see any rabbits at all until about ten hours or so into the game at which point they started showing up. Not sure what happened there.

I've actually managed to accrue some RC on my pawn now! I put it entirely down to him wearing a direwolf cape and carrying a massive gold weapon around now. Continued kudos to Huglio's creator, just traded him in for the updated version earlier and he was continually helpful even if he is a klepto.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Calaveron posted:

Having said that, holy poo poo is it a pain in the rear end having to make your way to the Witch's Hut. Is there a fastest way than running around like an idiot near-blind for 30 minutes?

Just run right/east in as straight a line as you can.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
So I'm under the shadow fort looking for one of the idols to give to the weapons sellers, is it in that chest with an iron grating in front of it? How do I get in?

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...

Calaveron posted:

Oh my god I love how every time you set out of any city of encampment you're setting out on an actual adventure where everything can go tits up in an instant, no matter how strong you are.

This. I love that about this game. My only complaint is that I wish there were horses.

Also you should be able to destroy some little fog totems around the WitchWood that will get rid of that fog.

I am loving the music in Gran Soren.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Samurai Sanders posted:

So I'm under the shadow fort looking for one of the idols to give to the weapons sellers, is it in that chest with an iron grating in front of it? How do I get in?

I just did that a bit ago: the silver idol drops as a reward from killing the cyclops boss that's down there. Assuming you have that quest, it should just show up in your inventory once he's dead. I never did get to that chest, I'm hoping and assuming that I'll be back for it. You mean in the big room where you fought the cyclops right?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Samurai Sanders posted:

If you accepted the quest to kill the cyclops it either drops from it, or is simply added to your inventory when it dies. As far as I remember.

Okay, so I just got to the end game and it owns. Is there anywhere to get level appropriate loot from, though? I want a sword with 1000+ strength too. :(

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

a kitten posted:

I just did that a bit ago: the silver idol drops as a reward from killing the cyclops boss that's down there. Assuming you have that quest, it should just show up in your inventory once he's dead. I never did get to that chest, I'm hoping and assuming that I'll be back for it. You mean in the big room where you fought the cyclops right?
Oh, yeah, it did, thanks.

Myriad
Apr 26, 2010
Anyone tried turning in the Cursed Idol that you find next to the church For the merchant quest?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Where do you find the second and third journal pages? I found the first, fourth, fifth and final pages but those two I somehow missed.

Edit: Oh yeah, what does Dragon Forged stuff do to your equipment and what determines which pieces get changed?

On that note as well, is there any way of preventing the drakes from doing that shout that kills all your pawns?

Jimbot fucked around with this message at 01:26 on May 28, 2012

Hatter106
Nov 25, 2006

bolshi fight za homosex
Anyone using the Assassin shield skill Flight Response? Is it useful? I'm having a hard time picturing it.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Hatter106 posted:

Anyone using the Assassin shield skill Flight Response? Is it useful? I'm having a hard time picturing it.

I never liked it personally. Most of the Assassin shield skills are pretty balls, fighters/knights are much better.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
Shield assassin guide: bring daggers, apply instant reset liberally and get some sweet reset-perfect block combos in.

Flight response seems to be made as a convenient way of getting on top of large creatures, but I've mostly ignored the skill myself.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Now that I've had a try at all the classes, I feel like I know what is best in life: grabbing onto an ogre and not letting go until he dies of pure exasperation. And 57 stab wounds to the neck. :black101:

What class is best suited to this?

Gherkin Jerkin
Jan 22, 2006

With great power, comes great crunchability...
^^ Strider or Assassin. Assassin has a Gouge sword attack which just does brutal damage. Rank 7 strider arm-strength augment = 420 hang on monsters everyday :cool:

Anyone know if the assassin's Toxicity augment works for poison arrows?

Gherkin Jerkin fucked around with this message at 01:59 on May 28, 2012

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Strider definitely. You can also go Magic Archer and set yourself on fire before climbing something.

EDIT: Anyone know what a Fulgurous Lord Tome does? I got an ancient scroll as a gift on my pawn and I see it can be combined to make one.

rzal
Nov 8, 2007

Ledneh posted:

Now that I've had a try at all the classes, I feel like I know what is best in life: grabbing onto an ogre and not letting go until he dies of pure exasperation. And 57 stab wounds to the neck. :black101:

Fighter and Strider variants get a skill which halves stamina use for climbing monsters. So either of those. I enjoyed Fighter the most, Mystic Knight owns bones, Strider might be better since you actually get a ranged skill, and the others I'm not really sure about. I imagine Assassin is great as well.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Cbouncerrun posted:

EDIT: Anyone know what a Fulgurous Lord Tome does? I got an ancient scroll as a gift on my pawn and I see it can be combined to make one.

I believe it's a one time use spell book.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Ledneh posted:

An assassin with the strider's half-stamina augment that lets you hold on longer would be perfect for what you described.

Tellaris
Dec 23, 2005

Cat On Rope Entertainment: Random comments since 2004

I am just going to go ahead and say gently caress whoever designed where the metal golem's medals go in the witchwood. Putting one at the top of a tree that can't be scaled in any way just makes it so a fair shake of classes just can't kill it :mad:

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Okay, I know it's been answered before so I apologize for asking again. Where are the various bandit camps? I found one as part of one of the early quests, but I wonder if I've missed any others. I'm before meeting the duke so maybe I'm too early?

Arc Impulse
Jun 5, 2010

Fun Shoe

Jimbot posted:

Where do you find the second and third journal pages? I found the first, fourth, fifth and final pages but those two I somehow missed.

Edit: Oh yeah, what does Dragon Forged stuff do to your equipment and what determines which pieces get changed?

On that note as well, is there any way of preventing the drakes from doing that shout that kills all your pawns?

If I remember correctly, I found the second journal page in a chest in the Catacombs, while investigating the cult, and the third journal page was from a chest I found in an area of the city you can only get to from jumping from roof to roof. Look for the little rectangular area with no paths or tunnels leading into it, and climb down using the ladder.

Needs More Jazz
Nov 4, 2009
New Favorite Thing - running/levitating across the rooftops of Gran Soren at night.

'He's not the Arisen Gran Soren deserves...'

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
Added a bunch of blokes to my friend list. Sorry about declining party invites but I don't have a headset right now :saddowns:

Maybe we should make a DD metatag, at least so it's easier to add goons to a friend list.

CheechLizard posted:

There's a few right out of Cassardis or immediately after the bridge north of Gran Soren (there's boars there too).

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

I skipped through a lot of the game on my first playthrough because it's not like many of the quests were that riveting and I had already missed out on stuff that would have kept me from getting the hero achievement. NG+ started and I blew it again without even doing any of the story; all I did was go go Gran Soren and didn't realize that I had already boned myself out of quests because of it. Game does a really bad job of pushing you forward at the beginning without mentioning that there's still things to be done. Looks like this game just won't let me 100% it.

I was hoping that I could just start NG+ over again, but the Godsbane or whatever it's called just made me brutally commit suicide in the middle of Gran Soren square before giving me an option to reload. I guess it works as a bailout if something happens where you'd need to reload a checkpoint, but that's about all.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

Ledneh posted:

I just looked up some videos of sorcerer skills and uh, wow, I picked the wroooong class by going strider. :stare: :(

As someone who switched from Sorcerer to Strider at level 35 I feel like I appreciate both experiences for what they are. The spells are great looking, probably the best in any game I've ever seen. And it can be really fun to sit back and unleash hell. But the Mage/Sorcerer is definitely a squishy class. And all those awesome looking spells take a long rear end time to cast. You'll spend a lot of time trying to avoid getting hit out of your casting animation and cursing you're Fighter/Warrior main pawn for not tanking for poo poo.

Once I switched to strider and bought myself some elemental daggers it was a completely different game. Instead of always dragging my way forward I was zooming ahead with tons of stamina. I got to jump into the middle of the pack instead of standing way back and watching the action. It also provides an awesome new vantage point for all those cool looking sorcerer spells. Instead of being at the edge of the fight I'd be slicing up some monsters, then all of the sudden a giant gently caress off glacier thrusts up from the ground right under me. In one fight I was slicing up some Necromancer only to hear this loud whooshing sound and have my screen suddenly go completely grey. I didn't know what the gently caress happened until I backed up enough to realize the Sorcerer pawn I rented had just cast Maelstrom. It's seriously cool as hell.

Like I said I appreciate and like both classes for being unique experiences. And you shouldn't hesitate to switch over to Sorcerer and give it a shot for a while if you're interested.

-Blackadder- fucked around with this message at 02:54 on May 28, 2012

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

A BLACK PRESIDENT posted:

I have a question though: In Witchwood, when can I fight the golem by the Witch's house? I've only done like, two of the quests that Ser Maximillian gives you, so I have yet to talk to the Duke, if that's any indication.

Around that time into the game, if you hang around the market square, you'll hear people talk about a mob headed to burn the witch. After you race over there, you'll see the golem activate to protect Selene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Catacombs

Should I be a cold blooded executioner and kill the leader? :ohdear:

• Locked thread